Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should they do an Alien Pack / Patch ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
edited October 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hi,

After SP15 Moschino which really improves and extends the photography gameplay from EP01 Get To Work, do you think they should do the same thing about the aliens ?

About The Sims 3, Vampires were in Late Night EP and Maxis revamped them in Supernatural EP.
About The Sims 2, Zombies were in University EP, FreeTime EP and Apartment Life EP.

Maxis is able to repack or revamp a life state in a new EP. For example a Future themed EP could update the aliens.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Should they do an Alien Pack / Patch ? 156 votes

Yes
61%
OneAdorkableGirlGoldmoldarLeGardePourpreMadameLeeAyradysslisamwittoveronCamkatPlayerSinger2010VibseAlrynnBloosmoofruitsbasket101mock68KalaniCoolHannaZojasazzieJorlyonokPegasysHestia 96 votes
No, I don't care about the aliens
24%
aprilroseSusanaLeoteravynwolvfcandy8g01denswanSimSwim2sdhoeythecatsredkatka_kynclovaJultan3APottscatitude5mariajane216SimmerMarsrjssimadduapinaIguess66ChadSims2SiliCloneSimKonfetti 38 votes
No, the alien gameplay is satisfying
3%
Writin_RegfriendlysimmersWinifred_WillowRouensimsKimmer 5 votes
It doesn't matter
10%
nolurksimgirl1010Bagoas77SumoBFelicityRenato10HalvareshRedShoe7AshleyAOGamingTweetyMarduc_PlaysTheIntrovertSimmerDreamCytcherizecsonAngeliqueAdelaideonemonaLexiBai 17 votes

Comments

• jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes
    Sorry that I didn't vote. It's because I'm not sure about a pack, but improvements are always welcome! :)

Edit: Now that you edited the question, my answer is: Yes via patch or some improvements could come with some other packs.. I might not want "Alien Pack" though.
    Post edited by jj_____ on
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yes
    And then the same thing with mermaids. Oh, and make both of them FREE!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited August 2019
    I think Aliens should have, at the very minimum, get what they had in other games. Sims 3 aliens had their own ships, this genetic purity thing (which can't be in Sims 4 without a major overhaul), and more powers, which should have carried on. As it stands, Sims 4 aliens are basically just bargain bin Sims 3 aliens. This is the Sims 4, so its content should be the same or better than what came before it. No exceptions.

That said, I don't personally care all that much. I don't really care for aliens outside of some rare stories, and I can already make those stories in-game.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Yes
    Dear OP,

Wouldn’t it have been nice if you had your poll choices like:

Yes
    No
    Neutral/Indifferent
    Other (Comment)

Man. I really don’t like these polls that confirm to OPs bias.

No more stuff packs! You’re asking for a My First Pet fiasco. Alien improvements can be patched in. I refuse to pay extra for features that can be patched in. Please, for the love of God don’t give them these ridiculous ideas.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    What would the patch/pack do? Revert them to how they were in GTW? Aliens have been mega nerfed since we got them in GTW; they aren’t going to update them now after they butchered them in response to a few people complaining about them.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Yes
    Only if it was a patch and not a pack.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I just can't vibe with the whole alien thing. Don't really know why
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Yes
    Patch only though, as I bought GTW for the aliens, yet they were disappointing, and desperately need updating atm. Would absolutely not buy a pack to improve something that should have been improved already.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Yes
    If it were a patch, yes!
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No thanks
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    It doesn't matter
    I voted this because I think most likely player are going to be charged again, if they patched it free for the owner of GTW then I would vote yes.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Yes
    Um... None of the above?

I mean, I have no basis for comparison, so I don't know what I'd expect from a patch or from an expansion. Some things I might be willing to pay for, some things I might not. I can't say I'm happy with Alien gameplay - I can see that they could be so much more. But it's not something I'm going to be waiting for with the same sort of anticipation I have for Realm of Magic and other future potential occults.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    If it was a patch, sure, but I don't play them enough for it to be worth a pack.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes
    I'd love this!
    I'd prefer patch over pack, most definitely, but I would also pay for it, because I play with aliens a lot. (And I voluntarily buy stuff for my sims and also would do this for my alien sims... I know, crazy me.)
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Yes
    There's only one thing I really want to be patched in for aliens: An option to copy faces and outfits from the human form to the alien form, and vice versa. You can do it with vampires, so it's not completely unheard of. Many of my aliens don't even have a disguise in my imagination, so I never bothered creating one and just always had them in their alien forms, which was fine until the Island Living patch ruined it by forcing vampires and aliens to appear in their human forms in family pictures. This was probably done to avoid mermaids showing up with their fins, but why it also affects all the other occults is beyond me.

Besides, sometimes I just want the alien form and the human disguise to look the same, with a few minor alterations (like eyes or skin colour), and I know MCCC has an option to copy faces, but it's not perfect and still too much of a hassle.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I think they should stop adding to the game things they already added.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes
    Patch, yes.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Yes
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I think they should stop adding to the game things they already added.

There is always room for improvement and for The Sims 4 in particular, that room isn’t near half full. ;)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Yes
    I'd prefer patch. I already paid for Aliens. But I don't know if they could do that, because then they'd have to make it so that Aliens are in the base game? But I suppose they should have been? I'd be okay with that. IF they added a LOT more game-play and more clothing, etc.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    What would the patch/pack do? Revert them to how they were in GTW? Aliens have been mega nerfed since we got them in GTW; they aren’t going to update them now after they butchered them in response to a few people complaining about them.

I wasn't on the forums then. What happened? How are they different now?

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    There's only one thing I really want to be patched in for aliens: An option to copy faces and outfits from the human form to the alien form, and vice versa. You can do it with vampires, so it's not completely unheard of. Many of my aliens don't even have a disguise in my imagination, so I never bothered creating one and just always had them in their alien forms, which was fine until the Island Living patch ruined it by forcing vampires and aliens to appear in their human forms in family pictures. This was probably done to avoid mermaids showing up with their fins, but why it also affects all the other occults is beyond me.

Besides, sometimes I just want the alien form and the human disguise to look the same, with a few minor alterations (like eyes or skin colour), and I know MCCC has an option to copy faces, but it's not perfect and still too much of a hassle.

I agree! I mostly like my characters to look the same all the time.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

I wasn't on the forums then. What happened? How are they different now?

Whew this is a tough one. It’s been awhile but off the top of my head they eliminated the alien pregnancy a sim would get after woohoo with an alien (limiting it to only abductions), they heavily decreased the frequency of abductions even though it was already a rarity, they decreased the chance of aliens spawning in the over world. Might have missed some things, but aliens already weren’t a very in-depth occult from GTW and they nerfed them to have even less presence in the game.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Yes
    I would like an alien pack
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Yes
    I said yes (to a patch). But, all I really want is the ability to get rid of the disguise all together like I can with dark form and for aliens who never use a disguise to not get "discovered". It ruins relationships and is stupid if you never hid what they were.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    only as a free update to get to work
    id be even more angry if they made "alien stuff" out of it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free