Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paralives & Sims 4

Comments

• LumikkaLumikka Posts: 25 Member
    I'm so excited for it, I'm definitely going to try it if it's out!! :)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    Instead of just replying to comments I'll give my two cents. From all the research Ive done on this game I think Alex (the creator)is doing an amazing job. He is currently making this game by himself and the gridless building aspects, resizing of objects, weather, pets(horses,cats,dogs),boats, cars, open world that will be available upon release/in an update after release gets an applause from me. Alex also mentions you only pay once for the game. I love my graphics, but I will always prefer gameplay depth over the prettiest graphics. This game will not be for everyone.

The Sims will always have a place in my heart because it is part of my childhood. If people end up playing both you get the best of both worlds.

If he is making this by himself why do I see 'we' on his faqs page?

" What are the minimal requirements for my computer to run this game?

We are working on optimizing the game to make it run on laptops and lower end computers. Specifications will become available as we get closer to the alpha version of the game.............)

https://www.paralives.com/faq
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    From the video I saw, the main thing they're promoting right now is building and that's never been a huge part of my Sims gameplay. Like other posters have said, I've have to see the characters' appearance to determine whether I really like it or not.

Everyone was ranting and raving about how good Paralives looks in a Sims Facebook group I'm in and I didn't really get the hype. Cool concept but the visuals don't appeal to me so far. I've heard pets would be included in the base game... they're making some big promises so let's see how they deliver.

From what I've read, the art style we see right now is not the final look. Once he gets the mechanics done on everything first, he will look for artists to work on the art style.

He still at the early stages - he needs to work on the environment first before he works on the sims - that's why you haven't seen any. How can sims do anything if there is no environment to interact with?

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    He still at the early stages - he needs to work on the environment first before he works on the sims - that's why you haven't seen any. How can sims do anything if there is no environment to interact with?

@ClarionOfJoy True!

I'm keeping an eye on it but not donating anything. The whole 'Habs' fiasco left me a little skeptical.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »

@ClarionOfJoy True!

I'm keeping an eye on it but not donating anything. The whole 'Habs' fiasco left me a little skeptical.

Yeah, I would wait until he puts out a demo we can actually try out. It doesn't have to have amazing graphics, but I want to see some solid game mechanics.

• NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    Instead of just replying to comments I'll give my two cents. From all the research Ive done on this game I think Alex (the creator)is doing an amazing job. He is currently making this game by himself and the gridless building aspects, resizing of objects, weather, pets(horses,cats,dogs),boats, cars, open world that will be available upon release/in an update after release gets an applause from me. Alex also mentions you only pay once for the game. I love my graphics, but I will always prefer gameplay depth over the prettiest graphics. This game will not be for everyone.

The Sims will always have a place in my heart because it is part of my childhood. If people end up playing both you get the best of both worlds.

If he is making this by himself why do I see 'we' on his faqs page?

" What are the minimal requirements for my computer to run this game?

We are working on optimizing the game to make it run on laptops and lower end computers. Specifications will become available as we get closer to the alpha version of the game.............)

https://www.paralives.com/faq

Because he will eventually be getting a team of people to help him in the near future and he said the game is for the community, made by the community as an indie game. The we he is talking about is his supporters, especially those who are on patreon and discord. He is giving credit to those who are supporting him because he quit his previous job to do this project and soley relies on patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/alexmasse

When he started his patreon he used I alot but then he says:

"I quit my job to work full time on this project. The money will allow me to keep working on it and also reach out to other developers to build a small team.

I'm really thankful for your support and I look forward to build this game with you all!"

On the official website there is a tab that says press kit : https://www.paralives.com/press-kit

It says info about the game, his name, and the offical team size says 1.

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Alex hosted an AMA (Ask Me Anything) last week and was so engaged with us on Patreon.
    He just posted a sneak peek of a short video that he will share publicly tomorrow.
    Just keeping you all posted in case you are curious how it’s going.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    Just don't be surprised if he has to go to a mainstream developer later to fully realise what he wants in his game. I hope people on here don't get to think that they get to "own" him and his game as they seem to think they do the Sims. EA is big enough to deal with it.

I've just seen some of the vicious trolling that a small game developer had to bear lately when they had to do this. There were only two of them making that.

• LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    I like how engaged he is with the community. And seems to be planning ahead based on much requested features.

Unlike the clowns running TS4. I don’t understand how after 3 iterations they didn’t think to design the worlds to be robust enough to add in swimming in lakes and oceans. Or to add in apartments. You have to go to specific worlds to experience features that should be in every world. And then they want more money for their buggy packs.

The sooner Paralives is finished the better because I’m just done with EA and Maxis.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I really dislike the art style I've seen of paralives, so I doubt I'd ever invest my $ into playing it once it comes out. However, I'd be plenty happy if the "we hate EVERY SINGLE THING the sims4 does" people go on over to their new dream game and leave the franchise altogether. I think it would make the sims community a more positive place and leave lots of room to better communicate our wants to the devs without sounding like a bunch of whingeing toddlers.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I’m excited and I’m not ashamed to wear any merch they would release for kickstart funds. I really can’t wait for more sneak peeks!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    I really dislike the art style I've seen of paralives, so I doubt I'd ever invest my $ into playing it once it comes out. However, I'd be plenty happy if the "we hate EVERY SINGLE THING the sims4 does" people go on over to their new dream game and leave the franchise altogether. I think it would make the sims community a more positive place and leave lots of room to better communicate our wants to the devs without sounding like a bunch of whingeing toddlers.

Hold up now. A lot of us long-time Simmers have asked for countless of things (most of the time, repeatedly) and they either take forever to update or they don’t do it at all.

The level of emotions would be understandable at this point. Long-time Simmers are passionate and care.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member

A single person is working on this, he doesn't any artists. Later in development he will have people who can draw all the nice characters people need. At this point it just simply makes no sense. Why spend time drawing things that you can't put in the world because you don't have one?
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hestia wrote: »

Hold up now. A lot of us long-time Simmers have asked for countless of things (most of the time, repeatedly) and they either take forever to update or they don’t do it at all.

The level of emotions would be understandable at this point. Long-time Simmers are passionate and care.
    Let's not sweep things under the rug. The Sims community is reasonable half of the time, but I've lost count on the amount of times where debates turn into full-on bickering and outright shutting down other people's ideas they don't agree with. Look around you. Just because you're concerned about the direction TS4 is going does not make you above overreacting.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member

We're mostly happy playing TS3 and TS2 even though they both take some effort to get working well and beautifully. We also dream of or look forward to modern/future tech. We can even play TS1 or something else, we won't "leave the franchise" and I'm sure most of us would feel some resentment at that jab.

No one can assume everyone's "dream game" will ever (or could ever) be realized. I wouldn't say *anything* "looks promising" (something many have said of the Paralives WIP and almost *anything* really :flushed: .) Something is delivered or it isn't, I'm not going to project some imaginary promises on something.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    The Sims will always be the superior game. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
    MMX wrote: »

Let's not sweep things under the rug. The Sims community is reasonable half of the time, but I've lost count on the amount of times where debates turn into full-on bickering and outright shutting down other people's ideas they don't agree with. Look around you. Just because you're concerned about the direction TS4 is going does not make you above overreacting.

Any community of gamers will be this way. It isn’t abnormal. Especially if, the game developers lack with creativity, charge us for things that should have been in a free patch or comes with the EP/GP, ignores feedback and takes forever to fix bugs.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    MMX wrote: »

Any community of gamers will be this way. It isn’t abnormal. Especially if, the game developers lack with creativity, charge us for things that should have been in a free patch or comes with the EP/GP, ignores feedback and takes forever to fix bugs.
    You did not read that response.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
    @MMX I did. I gave the response. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • PixellamaPixellama Posts: 31 Member
    i think it looks really interesting, the art style is different and cool too!
    I like how the developer is listening to what people want and has in mind what the game should have to be more complete/better than the sims. I think it is always great to have a healthy competition so im excited to see what happens in both games!
    You better watch out! You better not cry (The Sims)! You better not pout, I’m telling you why! Paralives is coming to town.

https://youtu.be/qEHtQcbAmAQ
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Mic95Mic95 Posts: 21 Member
    Looks nice and all but I don't think it will deliver.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • For anyone concerned about the art style, Alex has already told people on the Discord what software to use to make their own, seeing as it will have workshop support on Steam. Don't like the graphics? Overhauls will be possible.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    For anyone concerned about the art style, Alex has already told people on the Discord what software to use to make their own, seeing as it will have workshop support on Steam. Don't like the graphics? Overhauls will be possible.

So I have to make MY OWN graphics because "Alex" won't? What kind of half-baked crap is that?