Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like to have bands/groups in game?

Feel free to share your ideas/wishes too! :)

Would you like to have bands/groups in game? 105 votes

Yes!
82%
Akl500PFrn0731Nh6650IceyJGoodywoodWritin_RegIsb917Lavasm77MeteoraStormAnmirlamock68loubylouloualanmichael1cmbaker16BluellesekojranaAmj1995LizzychicagoLustianiciaSPARKY1922 87 votes
No.
3%
IcewolffriendlysimmerskappowanDestin2016 4 votes
I don't know. / I don't care.
10%
BloosmooinvisiblgirlMariefoxprice83Vuloriwormstache999fiercephoenix91KathykinsEnkiSchmidtLairaSharonianetney52 11 votes
Other (Comment)
2%
ListentoToppDoggSERVERFRADarketernal 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes!
    If I don't remember wrong, there was some discussion about that bands might be added later in game sometime when Get Together EP or City Living EP was released..
    Post edited by jj_____ on
  • Options
    DarketernalDarketernal Posts: 11 New Member
    Other (Comment)
    In sims 3 there were band groups, you could get together with friends and play music, it wasn't bad but i didn't make much use of it. But yeah maybe the idea that you could go to a concert would be fun.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Yes!
    I was annoyed by this just the other day. I could technically put some Sims in a club together and have them play musical instruments, but it wouldn't be the same. And also there are no drums. What do I do with my drummer if I don't have drums?

I could go for an entire pack themed around something like that. Apparently Showtime wasn't that popular in Sims 3, but I loved it. #RockStarDreams
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Its great for those who actually want it. I never cared for it in TS3, and I probably won't in 4 either.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Yes!
    I was annoyed by this just the other day. I could technically put some Sims in a club together and have them play musical instruments, but it wouldn't be the same. And also there are no drums. What do I do with my drummer if I don't have drums?

I could go for an entire pack themed around something like that. Apparently Showtime wasn't that popular in Sims 3, but I loved it. #RockStarDreams

@phantasmkiss
    I agree, more instruments are needed and some kind of band system would be nice because it's not same with clubs. I also would buy a pack, and hope that there is pack like that coming at some point. I don't mind waiting if it takes time, if it's then made well.

I haven't played The Sims 3, so I don't know how it was in that game. If it was bad, then hopefully something better will come this time.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes!
    Sims 2 University had the best bands I think. I had a lot of fun with them. I was not a big fan of Sims 3 bands though - but I did love all the other entertainment in Showtime and still do.

I would still love to see bands - finally with singers- in Sims 4 though. Something I have wanted in Sims 2 and 3 - and also bring back the sax player they had in Sims 1. I love the sax street corner musician in that game. Maybe add him also to the band.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Yes!
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Sims 2 University had the best bands I think. I had a lot of fun with them. I was not a big fan of Sims 3 bands though - but I did love all the other entertainment in Showtime and still do.

I would still love to see bands - finally with singers- in Sims 4 though. Something I have wanted in Sims 2 and 3 - and also bring back the sax player they had in Sims 1. I love the sax street corner musician in that game. Maybe add him also to the band.

@Writin_Reg
    I Agree, sax player would be nice to have there again! :D
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Yes!
    @Writin_Reg Agreed. TS3 bands needed a lot more tweaks and I would love to see the improved version implemented in this franchise.

Maybe a music related Game Pack? Variety of percussions, brass instruments (trumpets etc.), flutes, electric guitars and more...

I’d like to see the entertainer career expanded. I miss having a Sim being a band manager and the concerto type of career.

It would be even more appreciative if they released a music sort of game pack with a free patch of a theater lot type.

^ play concerts of all sorts (singing, classical, live bands,etc..), host live music gigs (freelance?) and an actual movie theater with unique themed movies... possibly taking 1-2 Sim hours to watch. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Yes!
    Hestia wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg Agreed. TS3 bands needed a lot more tweaks and I would love to see the improved version implemented in this franchise.

Maybe a music related Game Pack? Variety of percussions, brass instruments (trumpets etc.), flutes, electric guitars and more...

I’d like to see the entertainer career expanded. I miss having a Sim being a band manager and the concerto type of career.

It would be even more appreciative if they released a music sort of game pack with a free patch of a theater lot type.

^ play concerts of all sorts (singing, classical, live bands,etc..), host live music gigs (freelance?) and an actual movie theater with unique themed movies... possibly taking 1-2 Sim hours to watch. :)

@Hestia
    I agree. I have made lots like that, and it would nice to have a lot type that fits and would have those kind of features in there. Good ideas! :)
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yes!
    Yes, but I'd definitely like some kind of rock star career and aspiration to go with it.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Yes!
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Yes, but I'd definitely like some kind of rock star career and aspiration to go with it.

@FanPhoria
    I Agree, there would better be an aspiration too for sure.

Also, it would be nice if there would be some interactions with other careers too (like there is gonna be something like that in Moschino SP) for example with stylists and photographers.
    Post edited by jj_____ on
  • Options
    TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Yes!
    I was annoyed by this just the other day. I could technically put some Sims in a club together and have them play musical instruments, but it wouldn't be the same. And also there are no drums. What do I do with my drummer if I don't have drums? [...]
    The club system seems like the perfect tool to create bands, though. It just would need a few modifications, band related activities etc. After all, a band is kind of a club.

And I agreee about the drums. How much more fun would the loud childhood phase be with drums >:)

• Options
    Yes!
    I was annoyed by this just the other day. I could technically put some Sims in a club together and have them play musical instruments, but it wouldn't be the same. And also there are no drums. What do I do with my drummer if I don't have drums? [...]
    The club system seems like the perfect tool to create bands, though. It just would need a few modifications, band related activities etc. After all, a band is kind of a club.

And I agreee about the drums. How much more fun would the loud childhood phase be with drums >:)

@TopNotchToddler
    Maybe, if some things are added in there.

One could be an option to be able to add some "roles/certain activities" to members, so then for example drummer would be playing drums instead of doing something else. That's something that made me not to be able to create some clubs that I had in mind, a club where members do different things/have different roles, because now all member do those activities(?) that are chosen in club rules(?). I hope that made any sense..

Or there could be a new (club) system that has those roles/activities chosen to different members. Not only for bands, but other things too. I would probably like to have something like that instead. Though, I do really that club system that we have now and use that all the time for different things.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Yes!
    I need drums

giphy.gif
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yes!
    Sims 2 and 3 had the ability to play bass and drums (with expansion packs of course)....Meanwhile in Sims 4 the best you can do is get yourself a guitar, get a piano and a violin and call that a 'band'.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes!
    Yes, so I can create my very own Partridge Family. Google them, kiddos.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Yes!
    FanPhoria wrote: »

This would be such a great addition for Get Famous. I want groveling fans and get all excited when I see a famous rock star.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Yes!
    Definitely, and as a few have already mentioned, drums. I'd love to have my sim start a band and rehearse in his/her apartment after 10 pm. :lol:
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes!
    Definitely YES! I played with this feature a lot in TS3!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Yes!
    This is something I’m super desperate for!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes!
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    This is something I’m super desperate for!

Me too. Well I kind of given up hope though.

I would like lead singers too.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Yes!
    i want the drum and bass back
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm kind of on the fence with this one. I'm not sure how much use I would get from it but at the same time I think it could be fun.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes!
    This is my most wanted pack! I would throw money at EA for this in a heartbeat!

Edit: I definitely want kids and teens to be able to join as well! I had a tenth-level violinist child who should have been able to join an orchestra.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Other (Comment)
    At the moment, no, because there are other things I'd prefer to see more. The only way I'd be excited for bands is if they allowed kids and teens to form them.