Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Store Items Considered Piracy And Installing TS3->TS2 Items That I Never Bought For TS3

dancethetidedancethetide Posts: 105 Member
Hi! There were two big questions I wanted to ask that I haven't been able to find answers for. The first one that I wanted to ask was if it was illegal to download Sims 2 store items for free since they're no longer available. I also wanted to ask if you're allowed to download store conversions for The Sims 2 if you never owned it in The Sims 3.

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    1. Technically yes. It's up to you on if you feel it's ethical or not given that you can't legally purchase the items anymore.
    2. I would consider conversions to be fair game even if you never owned Sims 3.
  • dancethetidedancethetide Posts: 105 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    1. Technically yes. It's up to you on if you feel it's ethical or not given that you can't legally purchase the items anymore.
    2. I would consider conversions to be fair game even if you never owned Sims 3.

1. I just don't feel like it's ethical even if I can no longer get them. I thought about that after a little bit.
    2. Alright. I just wanted to make sure. I try to stay out of trouble.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,585 Member
    If you think it's unethical to install the Sims 2 store if you can't buy them, wouldn't it be unethical to use TS3 conversions if you didn't own that game? Seems the same but more like you want one more than the other.

• WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    I thought the objects in the Sims 2 store were free, same as Sims 1.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I thought the objects in the Sims 2 store were free, same as Sims 1.

No, you had to buy them.

I think you might be thinking of the Exchanges for Sims 1 and Sims 2 where they did upload a few free items for people.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The game has retired, and no longer sold or supported.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.