Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Moschino Pack, Are You Gonna Buy it

124...Next

Comments

• SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    Yes I'm going to buy it. The clothes aren't all that to me. But I don't like cc shopping. All the time. So yeah
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I blame moschino, not maxis... I'm positively sure they're the ones who wanted this collaboration.

They could've said no. But $$$ talks!
    keep on keepin' on
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sure.

I like some of the stuff, and was sold on the new career. I'm considering it a late birthday present for myself. (Cake day today, pack tomorrow.)

Happy Birthday!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    I might, but I don't see myself really using it outside some new skills or careers. If I wanted expensive-looking, over the top clothing, I already have... Vintage Glamour, Luxury Party, Romantic Garden, Get Famous, City Living, and Get Together. I'd like to see more down to earth, regular clothing.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I don't think so. I definitely don't like any of the CAS except for the shoes and I'm not a fan of modern looks in the build/buy department. I do like the new windows though. At first I thought I might get it for the photography but I don't really care about the career and I can't feasibly say I'd end up using the photo stuff much once the novelty wore off. But I do like to take lots of screenshots and pictures in game so you never know. But I'll most likely get it some time down the line when it's on sale.
    #Team Occult
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    ceyric wrote: »
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I blame moschino, not maxis... I'm positively sure they're the ones who wanted this collaboration.

They could've said no. But $$$ talks!

EA is a public company - they are not going to say no to advertising and working with other public companies. They work close with the advertisers and build the packs the advertisers want within their ratings guidelines. It is in the contract with ads agreement EA has had since 2006.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I'm not playing a modern save right now (I'm playing in the 1800s), so I'm not going to get it. If I was playing in the current era, I would consider getting it for the career aspect, but not so much the clothes.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I was upgrading Powerdirector 17 last night and got some message about low memory. I have a high-end gaming laptop yet it's saying it's almost full on one game and some film software! So, no I won't be buying the pack then.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Was just watching a Moschino review and she mentioned an end table that was/looked lower than other end tables. Is this new?
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Surely thou dost jest! I looked at the content posting on game's opening page out of curiosity. The thought that kept coming was, 'surely this is some kind of joke, EA is just messing with us and the real contents will show up maybe tomorrow'. Alas, I fear that while it may be a joke, what is there is the content, and a more useless assemblage of worthless nonsense I've not seen in all my many years of simming since day 1. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind getting that, but I also know that everyone's taste is different, and to them equally valid as any other.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Surely thou dost jest! I looked at the content posting on game's opening page out of curiosity. The thought that kept coming was, 'surely this is some kind of joke, EA is just messing with us and the real contents will show up maybe tomorrow'. Alas, I fear that while it may be a joke, what is there is the content, and a more useless assemblage of worthless nonsense I've not seen in all my many years of simming since day 1. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind getting that, but I also know that everyone's taste is different, and to them equally valid as any other.

I guess we're all crazy. :p
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    I think I will probably pass on this one. I don't want to give my randomly generated sims even more options for really ugly outfits.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I will be not be spending full price on this or any other pack that is produced, now when that price is at half or less than half I just might. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Ended up buying it, really glad I did! I can't believe how much fun I am having, I made a new sim just for the photography profession. She is super snooty type and with the new hair style all slick back, she looks the part. The new clothes are better than I had thought they would be, except I wish there were some better options for males. Overall, I am doing more freelance jobs with this career than I have with any other freelance careers, it has been fun changing the townies looks and then taking their pictures, now I see why so many liked the poses, it really makes the pictures more interesting. I am really glad they did it this way and am really enjoying it.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I know this pack came out of the blue and little bit random so I can’t tell if worth the buy or not. What do you guys think?

(To anyone who posted before I edited, I just thought I was to harsh on it and wanted to set it to a lighter tone because I can’t delete it)

What sold me on that pack:
    *The curved windows
    *The bookcase(I love to read)
    *The Freelance Photographer career

That's all I have to say <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I wanted to give this pack a fair shot before concluding my thoughts. I was pretty excited for the pack when it was first teased, but it ended up just being a 'meh' pack for me.

Create a Sim:
    CAS is one of my favourite features about the Sims 4, I spend a ridiculous amount of time creating my Sims, picking their outfits and their traits etc so I love it when we get new CAS content. I was hoping for more fashion than we actually got, since this was marketed as a fashion stuff pack. I get the impression that they threw in a couple Moschino pieces just to tick some boxes and be done with it.

Build and Buy:
    I have no complaints here and I like a lot of the items. I think the developers did a great job and I can see a lot of these items meshing really well with the San Myshuno and Del Sol Valley aesthetic. They have a good balance between stylized and neutral swatches.

Fashion Photography Career:
    I think it's a good addition if you like to take pictures and screenshots a lot in your game, but this was the 'meh' feature for me. IMO it feels like it could have been a photography overhaul to update the existing photography features that we already had. It's wonderful that people are enjoying it, but I know that I won't get any use out of it in my game.

Overall, the pack is okay. I think the marketing was off with this one as I did expect to see more from the Moschino brand.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    For the sake of having a full collection, yes
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I was upgrading Powerdirector 17 last night and got some message about low memory. I have a high-end gaming laptop yet it's saying it's almost full on one game and some film software! So, no I won't be buying the pack then.

Memory is not the same as storage -- likely the message was either than you were doing some intense video editing that was using a lot of RAM or you had too many applications running at once. If you check storage, likely you've got enough there to handle more Sims content unless you've got a lot of huge video files, in which case you might want to consider a second hard drive where you can store those.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I know this pack came out of the blue and little bit random so I can’t tell if worth the buy or not. What do you guys think?

(To anyone who posted before I edited, I just thought I was to harsh on it and wanted to set it to a lighter tone because I can’t delete it)

Man I don't know. If it meant I could finally have wedding/event photographers, yeah. But it seems like it doesn't.

At this point, buying it would just be because I have all the others. And I'm not sure it's worth that. When's the Making Magic one coming again?
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • amandajoy27amandajoy27 Posts: 167 Member
    NO it looks stupid and waste of money!!!!
    8yz411.jpg

Add me on Origin ID: Amanda3024
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'll definitely be buying it. But I won't reward myself with it until I finish the work in my front foyer. it will be incentive to get that done and then I can have time to relax and play.

Watched some of the stream and I really like the new photography features (and the windows!)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I really liked the windows, so yeah, I bought it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/