Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you add a laundry room in your house/apartment ?

Comments

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I don’t have the pack. :neutral:
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    Always
    @Simtown15 wrote: »
    I don’t have the pack. :neutral:

You can still reserve the space or pretend it is with the decorative objects.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Always
    The laundry room is one of my favorites to decorate. It's also where my sims keep the litter box and other pet supplies.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited August 2019
    For those who are interested, here is some deco only laundry cc. It's from 2015 and the tops of the machine can be used as surfaces, so you may want to run it through the S4S cats n dogs batch fix, but otherwise it should be okay.

http://melinssimsworld.blogspot.com/2015/02/simple-laundry-room.html

And a deco only clothesline and wash tub

https://thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets-objects-miscellaneous/title/laundry-set/id/1299233/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Always
    You know in RL laundry isn't something I enjoy doing. However, when we got washers and dryers for the first time in Sims3, I enjoyed having them in my game. I was so excited about the Laundry pack for Sims4, that I decided to create a laundry room just off of the kitchen in the Sims4 version of the Wright Way House, I created. Now, even when the lot is played in my ancestral game save, I will create a modern laundry room, as a way of showing 'wealth'. If it's a lot that's off-the-grid then I make sure they have a clothesline (even though they didn't have them in the 18th century) and the more modern wash tub, which is closer to 19th/20th century.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SummerStreakSummerStreak Posts: 119 Member
    Always
    I generally try to always include them, whether in a bathroom/kitchen, garage, or their own little room. As weird as it may seem, I like the annoyance of it haha. I’m one of those people that likes their sims to have routines, like laundry/upgrade day.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    don't have laundry day yet but i usually add extra squares to my bathrooms in case i ever get it and that goes for apartments too

though i prefer all my room small so it will really be about 4 squares more and thats it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ElaineenicoleeElaineenicolee Posts: 95 Member
    Always
    I add it almost everytime. It’s by far my favorite stuff pack. I love how realistic it makes my game, and laundry rooms are so cute. Sometimes the house is just too small, or the sim is too much of a slob. But overall, every house. Plus I usually end up getting a maid with my most played households, once they’ve earned enough reward points for free services.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Never
    In the UK we have our washing machines in the kitchen, so my sims do as well.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Never
    I never use laundry, I just don't understand the desire to do chores in the game. I have one retro family who have the washtub and clothesline in the yard and that's it... I put them there when I first got the pack to try it out but haven't played with laundry since. I got the pack for the CAS and build/buy stuff.
    #Team Occult
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Never
    Nope. I only bought the pack for the cute CAS items. What a waste of a pack.
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    Sometimes
    Sometimes, if I don't I have it in a bathroom.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • AgenaAgena Posts: 36 Member
    Always
    Always. I LOVE Laundry Day pack stuff and I think that adding such room to a house make it look more real and lived in. I don't know, I just love this stuff.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Always
    I don't always build *a* laundry room, sometimes it's in the kitchen or the bathroom, but in my main save, everyone does laundry.

On my test save, only houses I'm playtesting do, but that's because I don't really play that save, I test things.
  • CatnipSimzCatnipSimz Posts: 18 Member
    Sometimes
    I usually shove the washer and dryer by the back door to a house or in a hallway, I do sometimes make a laundry room tho.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Rarely
    Depends on the size of the house if there is room for it. I don't have the pack, I didn't want it, but I have fake laundry room stuff.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Rarely
    I wanted to love it but could not understand why everytime a sim changes for any reason at all laundry piles up. I play with many sims who constantly change and even the butler could not keep up with all the dirty clothes. Had to delete it sadly.

Here is why I never bought it.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Always
    Yes! There is just something about the feature I can't play without and if there is no room, I found laundromats on the gallery :)
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Sometimes
    I like having a laundry room, or at least a nook, because it adds a touch of realism to my gameplay.
    But I wouldn't recommend it for a large family, because of all the laundry that has to be done all the time.
    I
  • heavenboo1928heavenboo1928 Posts: 10 New Member
    Sometimes
    I usually add laundry into my builds in some way, weather it be in it's own room or just in the bathroom/a little nook in the house.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Never
    I don't give it a special room.
    In fresh saves, I'll just plop down a washing machine into the bathroom. In more advanced ones (multi-level houses with multiple bathrooms), I'll use the gym bathroom.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Sometimes
    If I'm designing my own house I always add a laundry room. I find it hard to do with apartments there isn't enough room for them. Well actually I don't really play with apartments or San Myshino. I just like houses.
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    Sometimes
    I just wanted to try out the washing mashine thing, so I put the machine and the dryer in the big bathroom, but since I'm not impressed with this feature (it feels like a pointless chore), I will remove them and probably never build a loundry room, at least not in homes I play on.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Never
    Between eating,sleeping and other needs. Then you got the garden there isn't enough time to do laundry.
  • halihali Posts: 66 Member
    Sometimes
    With regards to washers, dryers, and/or clotheslines breaking often- one of the very first things I do to brand new Laundry Day equipment is to upgrade them to unbreakable.

With regards to building dedicated laundry rooms I'll build them fairly often--even in apartments. When I remodeled the gym at San Myshuno I built a small laundry room/maintenance closet to simulate freshly laundered towels and robes some exclusive gyms provide.