Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Must have gameplay mods?

I tried playing without mods after playing with them for a while and I just can't do it lol. I go to do something I am used to just to remember it came from a mod.

I know about MCCC but I was wondering what others you all would consider a must-have. I have all of the packs and use things from all of them (I plan on getting the new one as well when it comes out). At times I like having a household with one of each type of sim and a pet so in some households I will have a mermaid/merman, human, vampire, alien, and then add in a cat or dog or both (This isn't every household but I usually try to have at least one of them).
BabyBunBunOfDoom on Origin

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    My must-have Mod is LittleMsSam's, Dog Walker. Sometimes my Sims just have too much going on and I hate to see the doggos neglected.

She has a bunch of really helpful mods and game tweaks!
  • midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    NPC Control by Paulson- I cannot play without this!! I really like to micromanage The Sims 4, so much so, I even wrote a guide on it...
  • pkinitasimspkinitasims Posts: 80 Member
    Agree with @Bananas_45 on LittleMsSam's mods, it makes my game so so much better! I also recommend:

- Weerbesu UI Cheats Extension - gives you control over needs, funds, careers promotions/demotions and work progress (as well as school), also my personal favourite, you can change skill levels (https://www.patreon.com/posts/ui-cheats-v1-13-26240068)
    - SrslySims Stimulation Lag Fix - this literally changed my game it lags so much less especially in Get To Work careers (https://www.srslysims.net/2019/05/simulation-lag-fix.html)
    - SrslySims Complete Cooking Overhaul - this changed the way I play with the cooking/baking part of the game. It makes it much more realistic and you actually want to include cooking in your gameplay! (https://www.srslysims.net/2019/03/srslys-complete-cooking-overhaul.html)
    - claudiasharon Slower/No Fame Decay - if you play a lot with celebrities this for me was a life changer because fame decays too quickly (http://modthesims.info/d/620504/faster-slower-no-fame-decay.html)
    - Weerbesu More CAS columns - CAS becomes much more bearable xD (https://www.patreon.com/posts/more-columns-in-27751117)

These are my essentials. Truth be told 90% of my mods are LittleMsSam it covers most of the game's biggest issues. But those other ones really make my game much more enjoyable. Hope this helps!
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    NPCC for sure.

And like, 60% of bienchen83's mods.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Gonna Bookmark this thread so helpful

Anyway as for me I recommend Personality Plaese Mod and the Meaningful Stories mod they add more personality to the sims.
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited August 2019
    Definitely the Meaningful Stories mod by Roburky. It makes the game feel so much more realistic.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    edited September 2019
    I can't edit comments cause this isn't my main account so I'll just repost:

The Slice of Life Mod by Kawaii Stacie is so great for making the game more realistic. I DID delete the acne aspect, though, as I like Supermodel Gorgeous sims. She has a LOT of great mods, including the Better School mod.
    I also can't live without an unnameable mod because it adds some interesting challenges like the menstrual cycle to the game, meaning babies are only conceived during ovulation, making it more exciting. It also adds some hilarious buffs (like being dazed from a period, or pms-y).
    Finally, the Please Sit mod changed my game when it came to weddings. What's the point in crafting a beautiful wedding space when people just crowd around in a corner?
    I also added custom events like sleepovers, prom, etc. I missed them from Sims 3.
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    1.MCCC
    2. UI cheats extension
    3. Kawaii's Exolore mod
    4. Kawaii's Slice of Life mod
    5,6,& 7 18+ mods that I cant list :p
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Meaningful stories
    Personality please, I can't stand idle chats
    Don't wash dishes where you angry poop and don't prep food where you angry poop
    All the non autonomous mods I have (no dance, no napping, less picker for dollhouse)... I just can't play without mods without getting frustrated. There are so many features I just hate.
  • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    For Cats and Dogs, Little Ms Sam's shorter walk times. A short walk is way too long and her mod shortens all of them, even the jog. If I have a dog, they always want a walk and a short walk wastes so much time. It's like 3 sim hours the way it's programmed originally.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2019
    SiliClone wrote: »

@SiliClone What are idle chats? I'm a little confused about what this mod does. :D

• MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 41 Member
    I can't edit comments cause this isn't my main account so I'll just repost:

The Slice of Life Mod by Kawaii Stacie is so great for making the game more realistic. I DID delete the acne aspect, though, as I like Supermodel Gorgeous sims. She has a LOT of great mods, including the Better School mod.
    I also can't live without an unnameable mod because it adds some interesting challenges.
    Finally, the Please Sit mod changed my game when it came to weddings. What's the point in crafting a beautiful wedding space when people just crowd around in a corner?
    I also added custom events like sleepovers, prom, etc. I missed them from Sims 3.

I agree with you on loving the mod-we-can-not-name, lol. I can't imagine your original post to be inappropriate with the aspects about the mod you chose to talk about, unless talking about monthlies is deemed too offensive!
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    For me it's

- MC Command Center, absolutely will not even play without this mod lol
    - Meaningful Stories: Better and more lasting emotions for Sims and not being happy about every small thing
    - Bienchen's Townie Overhaul: stops the game from generating so many unnecessary homeless Sims
    - Bienchen's Whim Overhaul: no more constant spam wants to buy stuff or do expansion pack activities constantly
    - LittleMissSam Dog Walker: Because dogs are obsessed with walks
    - LittleMissSam Personal Objects: Keep guests and randos from endlessly playing with your Sims' PCs without the need for no-autonomy mods or having to keep things behind locked doors
    - A couple of 18+ mods that can't be named here lol

I use several other little small mods for various things but the ones listed are those that I really can't enjoy the game without.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited September 2019
    Locking Skills for your sims
    https://triplis.github.io/
    Do you want your sim to spend his life singing badly at karaoke every weekend. Now you can!! Previously in the game you had no choice but to become better at every single thing you do. With this fantastic mod you decide when your sim actually improves in a skill. Any skill. No more mischief, videogaming or singing unless you say so.

Realistic Trees (No Fade)

https://msqsims.com/realistic-trees-no-fade/
    All the pretty trees on your lot will now stay when yo get closer. I love trees so this makes a huge difference to me.

Happy Buffs Changed To Fine
    http://modthesims.info/d/594488/shimrod-s-happy-buffs-changed-to-fine.html
    Are your sims too plum happy all the time. This lets you experience feelings other than happy green, discover boredom and other exciting stages in a sims life.
    Sharonia wrote: »

@SiliClone What are idle chats? I'm a little confused about what this mod does. :D

Read this now. It's the pointless animation of talking without picking an interaction sims do.
  • TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    Locking Skills for your sims
    https://triplis.github.io/
    Do you want your sim to spend his life singing badly at karaoke every weekend. Now you can!! Previously in the game you had no choice but to become better at every single thing you do. With this fantastic mod you decide when your sim actually improves in a skill. Any skill. No more mischief, videogaming or singing unless you say so.

Writing this down...
    Simming for twenty years...
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

Read this now. It's the pointless animation of talking without picking an interaction sims do.

Ah okay. I downloaded the mod as well cause I don't want that either.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    NPC Control by Paulson- I cannot play without this!! I really like to micromanage The Sims 4, so much so, I even wrote a guide on it...

someone needs to steal Paulson's mod off of Patron and upload it on a non-Patron site or else people who can't afford to be a patron can't use it. He's not updating the one on MTS. Since I can't afford to be a patron and I would like the NPC control mod myself
    6adMCGP.gif
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited September 2019
    MadameLee wrote: »

someone needs to steal Paulson's mod off of Patron and upload it on a non-Patron site or else people who can't afford to be a patron can't use it. He's not updating the one on MTS. Since I can't afford to be a patron and I would like the NPC control mod myself

I thought EA's TOUs stated that it's fine to have a Patreon but that at some point the mod/cc must be released free of charge too. Seems like the modder is breaking the TOUs.
    edited September 2019
    MadameLee wrote: »

It's on f95 zone forum. It's also on down with patreon already, look on misc patreon mods
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    edited September 2019
    can't upload here or might get banned. Ea and pateron knows what he doing if don't give away free at some point he will lose his patreon page. He removed all his mods on Mod the sims.
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    i have a lot of mods... A LOT e.e ... there a lot of things i hate.
    I hate idle chat, but now the mod isn't working for me.. i turn it off anyway, but i love autonomous stuff, and now i lost this part ... T_T
    Then, mccc, Ui cheats extension, NPC control (can't play without this mod also) i hate generated townies.
    I have vampires mods, realm magic mods, and more :3