Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you buying the Moschino Stuff Pack

Comments

• N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Yes
    CrownSims wrote: »
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Let me see LGR's review first.

+the clothes aren't even that cute, in my opinon.

Considering that LGR hates all stuff packs, no matter what the contents is, I really don't see the point of even looking for his opinion.

There's actually some that he likes and he does point out some features that are noteworthy. I'd prefer him over listening to some youtuber who praises EVERYTHING that EA dishes out. I like honest, raw, and critical opinions.

IDK what YouTubers you're watching but the ones I watch DO criticize the game when needed. They just aren't a ball of negativity and find the positives in each pack.

Most youtubers that I follow tend to have similar opinions to mine and don't gloss over flaws or things they don't like.
    I particularly like James Turner and Deligracy, especially since their criticisms seem to get results. Ball Pit! Plain white shelf! Black and white BB swatches & matching swatches. They weren't the only ones complaining but I think they and others were instrumental in achieving these additions.
    There are two very vocal polar camps to fandom... the "everything is wrong" and the "see no evil". Then there's everyone in between and the untapped market.
    I doubt that the "see no evil" camp (of any game; and most youtubers play more one game) is that large that a smart gamechanger/youtuber is going to ignore all those other potential viewers. Also, at least to some degree Maxis has shown to recognize the reciprical value of game changers that have integrity and offer fan base pleasing suggestions. Yes EA's business plan is going to be to spend as little as possible to offer a product that sells. And while my personal opinion is that EA is a company that will take advantage of fan loyalty it does them no good to waste resources on already loyal fans.
    I'm by no means an EA fan and obviously the game changer program isn't going to be perfect but I just can't vilify all game changers/youtubers and lump them all together.
    Neither extreme gives me confidence in a Youtuber's ability to be unbiased...glowing praises or picking apart every flaw. They're both biased.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Maybe/Undecided
    treece01 wrote: »
    Let me see LGR's review first.

+the clothes aren't even that cute, in my opinon.

Considering that LGR hates all stuff packs, no matter what the contents is, I really don't see the point of even looking for his opinion.

There's actually some that he likes and he does point out some features that are noteworthy. I'd prefer him over listening to some youtuber who praises EVERYTHING that EA dishes out. I like honest, raw, and critical opinions.

IDK what YouTubers you're watching but the ones I watch DO criticize the game when needed. They just aren't a ball of negativity and find the positives in each pack.

Most youtubers that I follow tend to have similar opinions to mine and don't gloss over flaws or things they don't like.
    I particularly like James Turner and Deligracy, especially since their criticisms seem to get results. Ball Pit! Plain white shelf! Black and white BB swatches & matching swatches. They weren't the only ones complaining but I think they and others were instrumental in achieving these additions.
    There are two very vocal polar camps to fandom... the "everything is wrong" and the "see no evil". Then there's everyone in between and the untapped market.
    I doubt that the "see no evil" camp (of any game; and most youtubers play more one game) is that large that a smart gamechanger/youtuber is going to ignore all those other potential viewers. Also, at least to some degree Maxis has shown to recognize the reciprical value of game changers that have integrity and offer fan base pleasing suggestions. Yes EA's business plan is going to be to spend as little as possible to offer a product that sells. And while my personal opinion is that EA is a company that will take advantage of fan loyalty it does them no good to waste resources on already loyal fans.
    I'm by no means an EA fan and obviously the game changer program isn't going to be perfect but I just can't vilify all game changers/youtubers and lump them all together.
    Neither extreme gives me confidence in a Youtuber's ability to be unbiased...glowing praises or picking apart every flaw. They're both biased.

Well said. :)
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    No
    I would buy it only for the huge indusrtial windows that open and close and for the cloth hanging rack . But if only my sims could actually grab the clothes from the hanger 🤔🤔🤔🤔 I think that's the most important question why this can't happen why so much set dressing.
    No
    *Industrial
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Yes
    _000key wrote: »
    I would buy it only for the huge indusrtial windows that open and close and for the cloth hanging rack . But if only my sims could actually grab the clothes from the hanger 🤔🤔🤔🤔 I think that's the most important question why this can't happen why so much set dressing.

They can't actually grab the clothes from the hanger, but I think they said something about how you can click the hanger and use it in the same way you currently do a closet.
    No
    Yes that is very good and I also saw the color swatches change the color and clothing types on it.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    Maybe/Undecided
    Melmack wrote: »
    I'm glad I waited to vote on this one. I really, really expected this pack to be slapped together and shallow. But after watching the livestream I'm actually pleasantly surprised and, dare I say, maybe even a little excited about it. I love photography in my game and it takes center stage in this pack as opposed to the clothes. For myself it seems worth its price, and I cant say I feel the same about island living. I will admit my initial reaction was premature and the build buy assets along with the over haul of photography looks super well done. I'm glad I didn't put my foot in my mouth and rag on this pack too much over the clothes. (Which I still think are gaudy but the rest makes up for it)

Exactly how I feel. I was dead set on waiting till I can get it cheaper especially since I feel like I burned myself buying Island living right away (I do like it... just not as much as I paid for it). I'm not going to get it on release but if I end up paying full price I'm not going to complain. I love the build/buy and the photography career/objects/overhaul looks awesome. I have no problem paying for it as I don't feel (as many do) that it should be free update.

A free update to a game that came out 5 years ago? Besides the fact the first one was a photography shop to do with retail - this is contracted brand ad that features a freelance photography career - nothing like the retail to start with - two very different ideas... never mind the first came out almost 5 years ago and under different studio leadership. I totally disagree - different leadership, different ideas and career types - should not be free. Lots of work went into this pack no question about it - besides it's an advertisers brand pack so it could never be free anyway - it's a binding contract for one and not in any way tied to GTW - keep that in mind.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited August 2019
    Maybe/Undecided
    At the moment I am pretty undecided. The only things that peaked my interest was the Freelancer Photography career (Which would have probably been better added in a free update or could have been added into a Get To Work update). I did love the windows and some of the buy items but as far as the apparel.. A Weirdo running around in San Myshuno has better fashion sense. In all honesty if it weren't for the new build and buy items and the career I would have probably threw my undecisive notion out and would have nothing to do with this pack.

However I may get it to complete my collection but the meantime I remain undecided.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    Yes
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Melmack wrote: »
    I'm glad I waited to vote on this one. I really, really expected this pack to be slapped together and shallow. But after watching the livestream I'm actually pleasantly surprised and, dare I say, maybe even a little excited about it. I love photography in my game and it takes center stage in this pack as opposed to the clothes. For myself it seems worth its price, and I cant say I feel the same about island living. I will admit my initial reaction was premature and the build buy assets along with the over haul of photography looks super well done. I'm glad I didn't put my foot in my mouth and rag on this pack too much over the clothes. (Which I still think are gaudy but the rest makes up for it)

Exactly how I feel. I was dead set on waiting till I can get it cheaper especially since I feel like I burned myself buying Island living right away (I do like it... just not as much as I paid for it). I'm not going to get it on release but if I end up paying full price I'm not going to complain. I love the build/buy and the photography career/objects/overhaul looks awesome. I have no problem paying for it as I don't feel (as many do) that it should be free update.

A free update to a game that came out 5 years ago? Besides the fact the first one was a photography shop to do with retail - this is contracted brand ad that features a freelance photography career - nothing like the retail to start with - two very different ideas... never mind the first came out almost 5 years ago and under different studio leadership. I totally disagree - different leadership, different ideas and career types - should not be free. Lots of work went into this pack no question about it - besides it's an advertisers brand pack so it could never be free anyway - it's a binding contract for one and not in any way tied to GTW - keep that in mind.

K.... well we both said we changed our minds and that it is worth the price asked. So I'm not sure what your arguing about here? 🙃
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    Yes
    After seeing the livestream, a DEFINITE YES. seriously, looks like a pack well made!!! I just hope it won't be as buggy as other packs such as the one with the butler.

-Yarden.
  • CzartyCzarty Posts: 21 Member
    Maybe/Undecided
    It's not really my type of thing, but I'm willing to hear what others say about it. To be honest I like collecting them all so I'm just looking for an excuse to buy it.
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    Maybe/Undecided
    I don't care about the CAS stuff or the fashion career, but I like the photography features and some of the build/buy. Sooooo will enter giveaways or wait for a sale.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Yes
    It baffles me that players need to see someone’s review when they seem to already have an opinion on it.Why not trust your gut?

I'm undecided. I'd just like to see someone who isnt an EA game changer play the game and review it so I can have an informed decision. I'm not just gonna blindly purchase a pack. Eventually, I'm probably gonna end up purchasing it considering I have all packs except one, but idk, this pack isn't that appealing to me.

Starting tomorrow you'll be able to see about a thousand non-game changers giving their opinions right here on this forum. :D
  • JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    Yes
    I buy all the packs so yes I will buy it. I think if I hadn’t started downloading cc’s I probably would be more excited by the clothing but since I have turn to the dark side it’s more like meh. I think the photography hold real promise -I’m more a builder so it would be nice putting pics of my sims on the wall in different creative ways.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No
    I'm reaffirmed in my decision after seeing the content. This should have just been a free photography update or photography based SP.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Maybe/Undecided
    My maybe is now a yes after seeing the photography stuff. That photo frame for 3 pics and the Sims posing is worth it to me
    Yes
    FYI: Watched a few Game Changer reviews. A few details stuck out to me that I didn't see in the live stream:
    There is not much cas and cas swatches but some were basic solid colors. Cas is all adult. Sometimes the hired models take a long time to show up. The fashion photography freelance career tasks are basically a tutorial for the Moschino photography objects. :/ There's a glitch with a career task if you live in an apartment. When you submit your photo for approval it never gets sent back when approved and the task won't complete. Buy/Build has white and black options as well as nice wood tones in addition to the more "fun" swatches. :)
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Yes
    FYI: Watched a few Game Changer reviews. A few details stuck out to me that I didn't see in the live stream:
    There is not much cas and cas swatches but some were basic solid colors. Cas is all adult. Sometimes the hired models take a long time to show up. The fashion photography freelance career tasks are basically a tutorial for the Moschino photography objects. :/ There's a glitch with a career task if you live in an apartment. When you submit your photo for approval it never gets sent back when approved and the task won't complete. Buy/Build has white and black options as well as nice wood tones in addition to the more "fun" swatches. :)

They actually said so in the livestream, that they created the freelance career as a tutorial for the photography objects.
    Yes

They actually said so in the livestream, that they created the freelance career as a tutorial for the photography objects.

Ahh thanks...I missed or forgot that. It's not a huge deal for me but that was a pet peeve of mine with the Get to Work active careers as well. I'm still pleasantly surprised at how much I think I'll like in this pack. I'm pretty happy with how much they put into the photography aspect and I really love the buy/build content.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yes
    I was on the fence about the whole stuff pack, with the clothes from hell, but and that's a big but, but I watched the replay of the live stream and I didn't realize that the photography career is really fleshed out, along with some really cool things added, like poses! Yay! I am very excited about this pack now. My explorers can now take fantastic shots of the jungle and desert landscapes. Can't wait until tomorrow!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Maybe/Undecided
    The amount of swatches/outfits are really small for a 'fashion' pack. Weird that they are slapping a brand on what is essentially a career pack.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes
    More I see the reviews more I want to buy this pack.

Why ?

Because the Game Changers dislike this pack because they don't care about the fashion theme.
    They don't dislike it because the pack is badly done.

I mean it's a matter of preference not a matter of quality. It's very subjective.

For example, I could do a bad review about the Toddlers in the game because I don't care of them but there will still be people who likes them.

What they show about this pack interest me more than My First Pet stuff or Toddler stuff.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No
    I see nothing of value in this pack what-so-ever. The clothing looks BAD, but then I feel that same way about the IRL items by this designers as those look like overpriced junk too. The career just does not entice me, as it is just another meaningless checklist added to the game. The is no meaningful gameplay. Not into the eccentric build items or the industrial looking ones either.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    No
    Not until it goes on sale.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • GitaGita Posts: 108 Member
    Yes
    Yes I'll buy it, but not immediately and not for the clothes. I really like the buy/build items though.