Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love this girl!

She is like my newest favorite Simtuber, I usually just listen to LGR :)
She seriously don't hold back no bull like him...

https://youtu.be/zwOVg68y1ts

No to mention she is a total sweetheart.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Who is this? Lil Simsie?
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Plumbella is amazing, she is so funny.
    She and LilSimsie are the only SimTubers that I watch :smile:
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I prefer watching Urban Sims personally. I don't really watch sims youTubers for their opinions.
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    Plumbella is 100% my favourite Sims YouTuber! I like that she's doing what she wants and that she has her opinions for her own, well thought out reasons. It's also nice that she doesn't hold back but also posts way more than LGR. And her history of videos are on point!
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I love Plumbella, she's hilarious and says it like it is!
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Great to see a thread about Plumbella here! :) I've been following her on YouTube for a few months now and just came here from watching the very video in the opening post. As a non-native speaker used to super posh Lara Croft English, I found her accent a bit challenging at first, but since I got used to it, I'm enjoying her videos all the more. She's funny, intelligent, a bit silly sometimes, and voices all her opinions in an honest, but respectful way.

I had to go through several different Simtubers / Game Changers to find one that I like. Whether they always sounded annoyed and got on my nerves with their negative attitude, or became unbearable to listen to when they were excited about something, or made long videos that seemed to cover a lot, but only consisted of them repeating the same opinion over and over again using different words - I won't call any of these people by their names here, but those were some of the problems I came across. And Plumbella does none of those things, so I'm happy to have her.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Who is this? Lil Simsie?

Plumbella :)
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i like her. usually the british accent gets on my nerves because they play it up to be more posh, but hers is so relaxing and cute.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I watch Plumbella because I just love her accent and she is funny as all get out!!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Never heard of her before but I watched the video up top. I have to say that I can appreciate her professionalism. She definitely comes across like she knows what she’s doing. However, I found some stuff she says so difficult to understand. Obviously it’s the accent and I wonder if it’s just me. Maybe you get used to it the more you watch? Idk. But it’s hard to know every word she says.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Plumbella is one of my favourites. I love her accent and I feel like she is giving her honest opinion.
  • EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    i like her. usually the british accent gets on my nerves because they play it up to be more posh, but hers is so relaxing and cute.

I have the opposite issue. I find it to be really grating. Which says something as I’m Australian and my family is from the midlands in England. I find her really funny and honest otherwise. I just have to mute her videos and put on captions to watch her though.

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    One of my friends watches her videos and James Turner(formerly The Sim Supply)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • DarketernalDarketernal Posts: 11 New Member
    LGR just loves the sims too much, he isn't able to give any criticism because he worships Will Wright. But I Like LGR because he shows some obscure ideas of Will Wright of the past like Sim Copter and Spore.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited August 2019
    Never heard of her before but I watched the video up top. I have to say that I can appreciate her professionalism. She definitely comes across like she knows what she’s doing. However, I found some stuff she says so difficult to understand. Obviously it’s the accent and I wonder if it’s just me. Maybe you get used to it the more you watch? Idk. But it’s hard to know every word she says.

It's an honest review and she (apparently) comes from north eastern England where they say it like it is! It's not just you on the accent. British accents vary enormously from place to place and we have difficulty understanding one another too. I just wanted her to slow down a bit but it was worth watching. :)
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited August 2019

When I first started watching her, I did have a bit of trouble. I'm American. I do enjoy listening to accents. I do fine with Yorkie, and Simarchitecture (French, I believe), for instance. Jessie (Plumbella) does have more brogue, I guess you'd call it, which I love. (Please correct me if it's the wrong term.) It does get easier as one goes along. I'd recommend sticking with it if you like someone with a sharp and irreverent sense of humor. It is good practice for developing an ear for dialect, as well. If you ever travel to that part of England, which is gorgeous, you'll have a leg up!
    LGR just loves the sims too much, he isn't able to give any criticism because he worships Will Wright. But I Like LGR because he shows some obscure ideas of Will Wright of the past like Sim Copter and Spore.

In LGR's defense--he doesn't pull any punches either. He even refused the Game Changer title and accompanying perks when it was offered, due to the fact that it might make him seem biased. He does love the franchise, but has offered some really apt criticisms, among them, "The Sims 4--2 Years of Meh." I feel TS4 has generally improved since then, not just due to one person's feedback, but all those who have offered specific and cordial input.

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    whimreaper wrote: »
    Plumbella is 100% my favourite Sims YouTuber! I like that she's doing what she wants and that she has her opinions for her own, well thought out reasons. It's also nice that she doesn't hold back but also posts way more than LGR. And her history of videos are on point!

I’m speculating that LGR is posting a lot less often due to his sheer disappointment on TS4. He posts about other things quite often.
    Post edited by Hestia on
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    She is like my newest favorite Simtuber, I usually just listen to LGR :)
    She seriously don't hold back no bull like him...

https://youtu.be/zwOVg68y1ts

No to mention she is a total sweetheart.

Nah. She holds back a little and sugar coats it due to being a Game Changer. Clint (LGR) as mentioned above even refused to become a Game Changer to keep his integrity as an unbiased Simmer. Huge props to him.

James (Sims Supply) is around the same level of tone as Plumbella. Still sugar coating. At most, the game changers doesn’t offer the same level of unbiased opinions and critical reviews as LGR.

All of those YouTube icons are cool and I have no personal issues with any. However, in regards to reviewing The Sims, I find Clint to be the most unbiased.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    I like Plumbella. I've been watching her lately. Love her accent ! And I believe she gives her opinions honestly and respecfully. I've been watching LGR for several years now. I think he goes deeper into his analyses, gives his opinions on every aspect, mostly on gameplay, and that's what matters the most to me.

There're both good reviewers, different, and that's what makes them interesting to watch.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    Plumbella is amazing, she is so funny.
    She and LilSimsie are the only SimTubers that I watch :smile:

I’m speculating that LGR is posting a lot less often due to his sheer disappointment on TS4. He posts about other things quite often.

Agree 100% I am subbed to him and he posts alot of other things but I don't blame the guy for being disappointed, I am too