Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Swimming Attire

I believe that in The Sims 3 when a Sim goes swimming and they use footwear or headwear, it is removed once they are in the water. I'm disgruntled to see that the Sims here swim around in their sandals, hats, and glasses.

Pictures for reference:

EsZiOmv.png
X3nm4zb.png

It would be nice if The Sims Studio would re-implement those features that existed from The Sims 3.
wB2Zykl.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    No - they wear shoes and hats etc in Sims 3 - they do not come off due to the game mechanics. I know i used to complain about it. It is still the same way. It also was the same way going to bed - if you put slippers on the sims - no matter which sims game it is - they wear it to bed. Drives me nuts. LOL.

If you want them to not have on shoes or hats - don't put them on the sim.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    There are people who actually do wear those things when they sim- there are people who swim in things like crocs and flip flops, people who sim with hats, and people who swim with sunglasses. To each their own!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I saw that someone else had taken advantage of the ability to have multiple outfits of the same type and they'd design one "in the water" swimsuit and one "on land" version with hat, shoes, etc, then just change them when they were in the expropriate situation. So I've been doing the same thing, including sometimes using the "cover up" outfits as the "on land" version.

Worked for me so far.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    When I swim in the river, I actually do swim with shoes on to protect my feet. It looks weird in the swimming pool, though, so only my more uptight Sims get shoes as part of their swimming outfits.

On a related note, I wish we had more variety in our swimwear options. CC seems to focus primarily on sexier styles, which don't always work for certain characters. Although it is funny to see my elderly Gene Roddenberry Sim in some of those options, lol. :D
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: