Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Worst Game Pack? [Your Opinion]

ยซ1345
funny-gifs20.gif

The Worst Game Pack? [Your Opinion] 280 votes

Outdoor Retreat
25%
auroraael14CK213Goldmoldarbandit5BlkBarbiegalibaeshaCAyradyssMjstsmPjonilla1PlayerSinger2010Thunderbat87Ceres_MeirionaElokaSxcDannii202LustianiciaHestiataydevKhrisstynedigger28Modsey 70 votes
Jungle Adventure
4%
brackencat31HowGreatThouArtDeathCoil13SummerStreakMasonGamerEnkiSchmidtQuaayloutredorBooDaBoo5XDSelenaPotterWaitWhatYTRhiannon1307 12 votes
Dine Out
13%
Bluefairy286Kita5399Montrase102simm621scoedalanmichael1wrenstalesJACKIEJOYlilpicalloCzartyhalloweenchildQueenMercyryttu3kJon the WizardLiELFAlanSimskayt45SimeteryNyzandraMonaveil 39 votes
Spa Day
16%
GRIMMYdanacnbrettWritin_RegStrangerthanMagdaleenashygirlBluelleisaiahzayalex_alex09pajamajam07WinterKhirinOtakuDkiwi84PagophobiaIllusoryThrallCelebrityWizardTomaTeriMaggieMarleyjackjack_kOldeseadogge 46 votes
Strangerville
23%
rudy8292DerellaIcewolfaprilrosexosummerloverxooveronAlrynnSusanaLeoteThmDoveAnmirlaGroupieFliesmock68gulllindastilljustme2KalaniCoolmjalletirishluck198612ayana12Glimmer50thelawtman 67 votes
Vampires
8%
Akl500Plove7680simlish1Paigeisin5Moon_WillowicftlduPlumbobCrossingelelunicySabine-TimmerMeegie1977ChadSims2DopieDopeSimDestin2016Simtown15SimanitepinneduphairsimsonthemoonVivi_WillowTreeDrakosSimsandra 24 votes
Parenthood
6%
KolbySimsprocfunIObelleNivyxFreygeaBabykittyjadekittymeowfullspiralSavvySimmieadele_katrjssimAliakaraBrinnFaust-RSIBusufuRae357netney52secretlondon123bubbajoe621 19 votes
I Think it Will be Real of Magic.
1%
tegteg87friendlysimmerslexus20 3 votes

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Vampires
    I put vampires because you said my personal opinion and it's only want to have absolutely no interest in so far. I'm kind of thinking I won't in the magic one either but we'll see. If they added elves I might but that's about it haha.

Out of the ones I own, which is all but vampires, I would say spa day. I really don't find there's anything in that pack that I like using other than 1 floor haha. Wasn't worth it to me. The rest are all fantastic
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I actually like them all and I also like Outdoor Retreat, but I chose it because it's the one that I use the least. I use the build & buy and CAS items but I never go to Granite Falls for some reason. I mostly forget that it even exists.
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    edited August 2019
    Can't vote really, I like all the GPs so far and won't be judging ROM before seeing it.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Spa Day
    If Island Living was a GP sold at EP price, then Spa Day was a SP sold at GP price.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Dine Out
    Spa Day is often called a glorified SP, and I agree, but so is Dine Out. It comes with no new aspirations, no skills, no proper career, no occult, no world, just a new type of venue with a few new outfits and objects that look out of place everywhere else. I'll never get over ownable restaurants being sold as a separate GP when they should have been included in GTW.

Second would be Outdoor Retreat. I love the world, but there's so little to do there, it doesn't even justify the price for a night in the tent.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Spa Day
    Spa Day is often called a glorified SP, and I agree, but so is Dine Out. It comes with no new aspirations, no skills, no proper career, no occult, no world, just a new type of venue with a few new outfits and objects that look out of place everywhere else. I'll never get over ownable restaurants being sold as a separate GP when they should have been included in GTW.

Second would be Outdoor Retreat. I love the world, but there's so little to do there, it doesn't even justify the price for a night in the tent.

Can't believe I didn't think of that. Restaurants were included with Open For Business back in the day.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited August 2019
    Dine Out
    Answered Dine Out mostly because i feel it should have just been part of GTW
    and in a way I can't justify buying it myself so I probably won't

GPs are awesome if you just want certain theme and nothing else though

like with vampires its clearly just vampires and vampire items and it is great
    the only thing i could complain about is that there is no hidden lot or mystery
    but that's only because the world it added had so many cues to make those happen

problem with SD, OR and JA?

having to buy all those themes separately because it shares gameplay of 1 ep though
    like yeah they added some things and its slightly different and ''costs less if you want just one''
    but having played sims for ages it really irks me thinking how many gps sps and eps I would need in total
    to play bon voyage or vacations or WA in ts4 by the end of it when everything is separate theme

SV and Parenthood?

idk yet
    don't have them but there is some things that id like to try out though
    it's hard to judge them based on what I've seen

though I was sort of annoyed that I'm going to need another gp to get martial arts (when it hardly is related)
    and also that ph doesn't seem like it will add things for elders though which are more important to me than kids at this point

RoM? better be lit or im gonna ugly sob
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Outdoor Retreat is IMO the most worthless Game Pack released.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Vampires
    Easily vampires anything I find fun about vampires was left out of this pack.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    Outdoor Retreat
    Outdoor Retreat was the most disappointing for me. I was hoping they would add some more forest-themed type of activities, such as archery, chopping wood or ax throwing, unique food stands, hot springs, log riding, and more woodland related costumes. I would have been a lot more excited to see bears, a bigfoot, etc. as an actual NPC life state (can't create in CAS due to uniqueness) and not a Sim in the costume. E.g The Sims 2 & The Sims 1. It would have been funny to see an actual Sim dressed in an Archer costume like TS1.

I could see honey being released with this pack and have bears autonomously trying to mess around with the hives like in The Sims 1. Overall, I was hoping back then to see a lot more woodland activities.
    Post edited by Hestia on
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I voted Outdoor Retreat, but I still enjoy it. I do use it fairly often. But I would like it so much better if families could go to Granite National Park on a day trip, bypassing the campgrounds and cabins.

I did get the mod that takes insects out of the herbalist potions. But the ability to go on daytime collecting trips would have been appreciated.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    Dine Out
    Hestia wrote: ยป
    Outdoor Retreat was the most disappointing for me. I was hoping they would add some more forest-themed type of activities, such as archery, chopping wood, unique food stands, hot springs, log riding, and better costumes. I would have been a lot more excited to see bears, a bigfoot, etc. as an actual NPC life state (can't create in CAS due to uniqueness) and not a Sim in the costume. E.g The Sims 2 & The Sims 1. It would have been funny to see an actual Sim dressed in an Archer costume like TS1.

I could see honey being released with this pack and have bears autonomously trying to mess around with the hives like in The Sims 1. Overall, I was hoping back then to see a lot more woodland activities.

this. I am so disappointed by npcs being turn into just costumes in cas with ts4
    it was half the fun that you'd only see one of those sims and there be some unique interactions
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    I Think it Will be Real of Magic.
    i think it will be realm of magic
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Dine Out
    mostly because it is buggy as hell, if it wasn't I'd pick spa day because it seems like a SP to me too.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• CzartyCzarty Posts: 21 Member
    Dine Out
    I chose Dine out, I like the idea of it but I just can't get past the bugs.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Strangerville
    I love GPs and feel they all bring something to my game. I'm not sure Strangerville is truly the 'worst', but it is probably my least favourite simply because I prefer more open and versatile gameplay, and I use it less than the others. I still really like the Strangerville world, career and CAS/BB items.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Vampires
    I voted Vampires based simply on the fact that I have zero interest in them in my game. Jungle Adventure is a close second for me (hello, arachnophobia).
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Parenthood
    Love outdoor retreat. Zero interest in parenthood. I guess it depends how you play.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Strangerville
    Vampires and Strangerville
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Strangerville
    I know mileage may vary, but when I finally bought the Strangerville pack I was honestly pretty excited about it--all ready with a new save to explore and solve the mystery. But, I ended up getting pretty tired of it pretty quickly, and then the military career was glitching and not working properly so I just gave up. I haven't been back to that save in a while and the while it's kinda nice to have a new world to expand to it doesn't integrate at all with any of my saves that aren't there specifically to play there. If you don't solve the mystery, then it'll just get weirder with more infected sims over time, so I've come to avoid the whole town as much as possible in those saves (which I guess is thematically appropriate and all, but...) It's like having a whole separate game just kinda awkwardly stitched onto the game I usually like playing. I like some the styles in CAS, but that just feels like I paid game pack prices for a stuff pack. As of right now, it is by far the pack I use the least in my game. All the others I at least sometimes use--will do some yoga occasionally, go on vacation, go out to dinner (plus I actually like vampires, so...) Before Strangerville I probably woulda picked Dine Out or Spa Day, cause they didn't come with any aspirations or new careers and therefore can get ignored a little in my games. But like I said, they've at least integrated and filled out the world of my sims a bit more. I still use them, at least sometimes, as opposed to...actively quarantining.

To be clear, I actually like aliens and scifi and mystery stories, which is why I got Strangerville in the first place. But it just doesn't fit into the rest of the game well enough for me, like a puzzle piece to a wrong puzzle. If they'd put a little more thought into that aspect of it, maybe had more options on whether you want to do the mystery or not, like how you can opt in or out of fame (I don't think that's a thing for the Strangerville weirdness? I've checked the options, but if it's there and I missed it, please let me know!), and had fewer bugs in the execution, my answer might be different.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Spa Day
    Spa day and outdoor retreat are the ones I use least, to the point where I often forget I have them installed. Spa day got my vote because I do use the camping gear from outdoor retreat when my sims head into the jungle in search for the temple.
  • PixellamaPixellama Posts: 31 Member
    Wow i COULDNT vote ... they are all just so good they always add something i love in the game! i had never realized that before... maybe spa day or strangerville but i use both frequently especially the bb items and cas items
  • heavenboo1928heavenboo1928 Posts: 10 New Member
    Vampires
    I chose vampires, mainly because I bought it and then never really played with it at all. Whereas I have gotten quite a bit of use with all the other game packs I bought.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Strangerville
    OOps, accidentally voted for Strangerville instead of Spa Day! :s

In truth there aren't any game packs I hate, but Spa Day is definitely the one I use the least and I feel is very, very thin on content in terms of gameplay. I only bought it for the BB objects.

I'm actually a little disappointed that Outdoor Retreat has the most votes so far... That's one of my favourites!