Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback on the Moschino Reveal

Comments

• PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    Morkovka wrote: »

Sorry that your burger feels empty - was it always like that, or you ate all the filling and got fed up with it, or the menu said "two buns" but you expected a burger, or you tried a burger elsewhere and expected the same - it's another questions and we are not going there because it gets too philosophical.

Then why even go there? Even if its not intended, questioning another fan/player and not giving them a chance to respond feels very passive aggressive
    Then why even go there? Even if its not intended, questioning another fan/player and not giving them a chance to respond feels very passive aggressive
    It's not like I can close the topic :)
    They are free to respond.
    I'm just withdrawing myself from further discussion of the empty burger duality.

• PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    edited August 2019
    It's not like I can close the topic :)
    They are free to respond.
    I'm just withdrawing myself from further discussion of the empty burger duality.

The burger idea is actually completely accurate though. Look back to The Sims 4 at launch - it had 89 less features less than The Sims 2 and 3. This is the content of the burger that was stripped out, the meat, the filling. We couldn't eat the filling and then get fed up because the filling literally wasn't there, which is the point.

No cars, no law enforcement, no medical career, no business career, no science career, no pools, no terrain tools, no lot placement, no story progression, no toddlers, limited foundation tools, undeveloped babies, fewer floors, smaller worlds, one dimensional maps, no height for teens, no acne, no aliens, no aspiration failures, no animated hair, no babysitters, no basements, no bookstores, no burglars, no cemeteries, no cutscenes, no cleaning skill, no clothes shopping, no colour wheel/create a style, no swatch mixing, no curfew, no multi-tone hair, no disease or illness, no dreams, no environment need, no eyelash length slider, no favourites, no fears, no full face makeup, no garage doors, no gardener for hire, no grocery stores, no male body hair, no move objects cheat, no newspapers, no ghosts, no opacity slider for makeup, no party invitations from other Sims, no private school, no rabbit holes (Sims just vanish), no repairman, no repoman, no swimming/swimwear, no tragic clown, no social bunny, no way to watch the commute, no zodiac signs, no bikes, no changing tables, no cribs, no highchairs, no hot tubs, no trash compactors, no create a world, no exterminator, no swings, no inheritance, no interests, no magazines, no pinball, no way to water flower beds or shrubs, no family trees, and that's just a few things.

THAT is the content taken out of the burger. It was added later, often at a price as part of expansions. Big things like toddlers were added only because of immense backlash. A lot of it is still missing. In the past, all of those features were base game in either The Sims 2 or The Sims 3, back when burgers were sold whole.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    @PrincipleOfEntropy Thank you for putting it all together, that was very insightful indeed.
    I can understand why some people see the game as empty burger, but it's unfair to blame it on people who have a different outlook, which OP does in several topics across the forums lately.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    But to me the burger was delicious (Sims 4) when I unwrapped it, and I really liked going back to that burger joint. I go very frequently, it's my favorite place to eat. The burger place I visited before (Sims 3) was unappetizing (I could get more vivid in the description but I'll stop there) and although it might have been popular in some circles I never went back to get more for many, many years. I did revisit that place once more for old times sake and even bought a meal with some extra sides because they were having a special... it just didn't stomach well. Made me feel pretty queasy actually. So again I stopped going.
    egTcBMc.png
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Hello Games release updates and expansions for their game for free.

EA releases less for more money. One should learn from the other
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm not entirely against Maxis making updates to existing content if they make it well, and if they want to charge for it, fine. Devs gotta eat after all. But I do not like that they are testing us to see how little content they can release with each pack now.

I'm worried that Realms of Magic are just gonna be an update to the voodoo doll at this point.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Now I really want a burger, darnit.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited August 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I think with all the backlash for MFSP the developers knew they had to hit it out of the park for this stuff pack. Makes this pack a tough act to follow though so I'm already curious to see what's coming in SP16.

Of course, but I'm not repaying for that object when it should have been done right the first time.

Exactly!

This is the third time photography has been visited and now this time we are expected to pay for it being improved.

Hollywood and TV does this all the time without the improvement. You don't have to see their efforts if you don't want to and this is an optional Stuff pack with real improvements so you don't have to buy that either. :D That's life.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think with all the backlash for MFSP the developers knew they had to hit it out of the park for this stuff pack. Makes this pack a tough act to follow though so I'm already curious to see what's coming in SP16.

Of course, but I'm not repaying for that object when it should have been done right the first time.

Exactly!

This is the third time photography has been visited and now this time we are expected to pay for it being improved.

I'm waiting on that $20, new, improved lounge chair. :D Maybe by third time around they can read a book, leaning back in the chair.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    @PrincipleOfEntropy Thank you for putting it all together, that was very insightful indeed.
    I can understand why some people see the game as empty burger, but it's unfair to blame it on people who have a different outlook, which OP does in several topics across the forums lately.

@Morkovka I believe slander is against the forum rules.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    @Morkovka I believe slander is against the forum rules.
    @Hestia We are not starting a petition war, are we?
    Because I think expressing disappointment at "members of this community" who are willing to pay for/ask for more stuff packs isn't exactly the right way to go either.
    I'm buying MFSP tomorrow whether you like it or not but no, I'm not being held responsible for EA's "predatory" policy because of it.
    Once again, let's agree to disagree and stop at that.

edited August 2019
    @Morkovka I'm not protesting you to buy or not buy nor am I concerned who will purchase this pack. I expressed my feedback in this post and that's the whole idea about it.

Yes, I am disappointed at members who are willing to cash out on things that don't necessarily need to be paid for. That doesn't differentiate on how I would feel if I saw that in real life. This doesn't suggest that I am blaming you or anyone else for buying it.

If you feel great after buying it, go for it. If you don't, then that is also not my concern.

I would like to ask you to keep on topic and discuss it (Moschino SP), rather than making ad hominems. Otherwise, there are other topics for you to participate if you don't have anything else to add. Thank you.

+ I'm not sure where your idea of seeing this thread as a petition came from. It is far from it and as I've said above, if you don't have anything relevant to add, please don't come in adding unnecessary comments for the sake of endless bantering.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    edited August 2019
    @Morkovka I'm not protesting you to buy or not buy nor am I concerned who will purchase this pack. I expressed my feedback in this post and that's the whole idea about it.

Yes, I am disappointed at members who are willing to cash out on things that don't necessarily need to be paid for. That doesn't differentiate on how I would feel if I saw that in real life. This doesn't suggest that I am blaming you or anyone else for buying it.

If you feel great after buying it, go for it. If you don't, then that is also not my concern.

I would like to ask you to keep on topic and discuss it (Moschino SP), rather than making ad hominems. Otherwise, there are other topics for you to participate if you don't have anything else to add. Thank you.

+ I'm not sure where your idea of seeing this thread as a petition came from. It is far from it and as I've said above, if you don't have anything relevant to add, please don't come in adding unnecessary comments for the sake of endless bantering.

Who'd be a reviewer? You have to accept comments for and against if you attempt it. You've accused Maxis of scamming? "I feel as if we’re being scammed or ripped off"
    Be careful what you write. :)
    edited August 2019
    @Simburian I don't mind comments of people wishing to buy, differing views, adding onto my feedback, etc. However, making false accusations of blaming players for... or inciting that this thread is meant as a petition, I won't just sit back and make myself seem unresponsive to what I've posted.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    edited August 2019
    @Simburian I don't mind comments of people wishing to buy, differing views, adding onto my feedback, etc. However, making false accusations of blaming players for... or inciting that this thread is meant as a petition, I won't just sit back and make myself seem unresponsive to what I've posted.

I'd just delete the scamming bit in your original post if I were you "ripped off" is ok if you believe it and that's ok. The first refers to fraud. Look it up.
    I think it is basing your feedback on a pack we haven't got yet is a bit too early and was a bit annoying for me. Of course an all male set of streamers would only talk of what was interesting to them. We don't know what might appeal to the others interested in the fashion stuff. Some actually want it. :)
    @Simburian In my POV, it does look to be ripping off players as described in OP and I strongly believe so. I completely understand what I'm saying and my entire statement. The post is based off of my own feedback. I did mention that in OP.
    I’ve overviewed the livestream reveal of the Stuff Pack and here is my feedback on it.

——

This seems more like:

The Sims 4: Photography Stuff Pack

I’m not a fan of promoted items being sold as a stuff pack. Although, most - if not all the related collaboration stuff packs released in The Sims 2 were pretty cool. It had a vast amount of items related to the brand they were promoting.

I feel as if we’re being scammed or ripped off by needing to essentially pay extra for a polished version of being a photographer + a career. This aspect should have and easily could have been in a free patch.

Sure, if they want to “sell” Moschino related items as a stuff pack. Interestingly enough, the Stuff Pack itself barely contains enough Moschino fashion. I understand that maybe the studio wanted to balance BB items with CAS, but we have to think more realistically here. Moschino is a fashion company that only sells shoes, bags, clothings and accessories. They DO NOT sell “Build Buy” related items...

——

Reference to past, branded stuff packs that contained a lot of items:

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_2:_H&M_Fashion_Stuff

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_2:_IKEA_Home_Stuff

^^ Feel Free to count the amount of items that were available in the table provided from the wiki.

The amount of stuff were watered down in The Sims 3 https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_3:_Diesel_Stuff

——

At the end of the day, these are just my thoughts and opinions on this Stuff Pack as a long-time Simmer ever since the first one came out at the year 2000.

wB2Zykl.jpg
    @Simburian In my POV, it does look to be ripping off players as described in OP and I strongly believe so. I completely understand what I'm saying and my entire statement. The post is based off of my own feedback. I did mention that in OP.
    I’ve overviewed the livestream reveal of the Stuff Pack and here is my feedback on it.

——

This seems more like:

The Sims 4: Photography Stuff Pack

I’m not a fan of promoted items being sold as a stuff pack. Although, most - if not all the related collaboration stuff packs released in The Sims 2 were pretty cool. It had a vast amount of items related to the brand they were promoting.

I feel as if we’re being scammed or ripped off by needing to essentially pay extra for a polished version of being a photographer + a career. This aspect should have and easily could have been in a free patch.

Sure, if they want to “sell” Moschino related items as a stuff pack. Interestingly enough, the Stuff Pack itself barely contains enough Moschino fashion. I understand that maybe the studio wanted to balance BB items with CAS, but we have to think more realistically here. Moschino is a fashion company that only sells shoes, bags, clothings and accessories. They DO NOT sell “Build Buy” related items...

——

Reference to past, branded stuff packs that contained a lot of items:

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_2:_H&M_Fashion_Stuff

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_2:_IKEA_Home_Stuff

^^ Feel Free to count the amount of items that were available in the table provided from the wiki.

The amount of stuff were watered down in The Sims 3 https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_3:_Diesel_Stuff

——

At the end of the day, these are just my thoughts and opinions on this Stuff Pack as a long-time Simmer ever since the first one came out at the year 2000.

Read my above comment. You are welcome to your point of view. I've made a lot of rants in the past as well. That's all. :)
    @Simburian In my opinion, this pack would be a complete downer for a player who is seeking a fashion-exclusive pack because it lacks thereof. If a Simmer doesn't mind the minimal amount of fashion provided in this stuff pack compared to previous Sims installments with a fashion-exclusive theme (examples mentioned in OP), then to each their own. It is their money to spend...
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    Anna pop, we have a fight!!!
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Even in the Sims3, I never was much of a stuff pack person. A stuff pack that gives more than clothes and bb and goes on to give gameplay actually sounds promising to me. I'm not a Sims4 person; I'm more into Sims3 as the content amount is outrageous and I like that. Sure, there are things that need to be patched, but we can't say that all the time. TBH, the more they have put out lately, the more Sims4 is shaping up in my book. Strangerville was too much for me, not my play style, but I did pick it up on sale. I'm not into magic/witches/werewolves ECT, but hope that the potions, bb, CAS, interactions, and hopefully a potion store will make it worth the buy.

As for this stuff pack, they took a pack I didn't even want and made a sale. I was impressed with the backdrops, picture angles, job, 3 slot pic frame, ECT. I would've probably waited for a sale, but what I saw was good enough for a day of buy. I hope that future stuff packs come with more than clothes and stuff. Those things are important and what the pack is about and I get that. I would rather pay $10 for jobs and interactions added with it than a bunch of stuff I really am not crazy about. I am sure the clothes and most stuff will be more than what we saw, so it should be a nice little pack.🙂
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2019
    Following this logic one can say every DLC could "easily" have been part of a free update.
    We get a lot of things for free, before each DLC release we get something in a free update - clothes, careers, swatches, BB items, improvement to existing skills - but it's being taken for granted, people always demand more.
    It's getting absurd like "I already bought a phone years ago, how dare you make a new, better phone and sell it for money again".
    Who's really being greedy?

I think that your analogy is a tad off. It isn't like buying a new phone again. It's like buying a phone without a functioning home button. Yet, somehow, you manage to work around it. Three years later, the company that sells the phone finally puts a functional home button up for sale.

Yay?
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Kids are able to pose with adults btw @Cynna if you check the livestream thread there is a link from a guru. I thought I saw them as selectable in the livestream, but they just couldn't get to all the awesomeness included I guess.

Thanks for telling me, @Hermitgirl. I don't really follow those kinds of threads. At least the entire family can take pictures together now. Kinda.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

Exactly!

But it is already imrpoved in the latest patch. This thng only adds a new career that will use the feature you already have in the game and a studio that let be honest gives you backdrops that you dont need since you can already take a photo anywhere in the game

How has it been improved? All I see is the ability to change picture frame colours and being able to put pictures on surfaces which should not have taken almost 5 years to come.

Ditto for the new features locked behind the mosquito stuff pack because they know fine well of the fashion was the selling point, most simmers would go “NOPE”.

But now if you want to take a picture with a sim holding a toddler you need the pack. I think that’s pretty awful.

And also holding and petting pets.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Exactly!

Hollywood and TV does this all the time without the improvement. You don't have to see their efforts if you don't want to and this is an optional Stuff pack with real improvements so you don't have to buy that either. :D That's life.

That’s my point, if you like photography in game, you will have to buy it!

Not sure what Hollywood and tv have to do with this, strange comparision. A tv show isn’t going to charge me to watch say a re make of a film.

No, obviously no one has to buy it, that’s not really the point and also a little dismissive of anyone who dares to object to a shady business practice.
    Sorry I'm seeing greyed out lines here. Sims 3 only players in again. I'm off.