Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    JuNxZzr.png
    That's it! I warned you! Off to the netherworld you go!

First things first: Stephanie's been busy.
    HqoUVMH.png

Stephanie has had an interesting story. Right out of high school, she was offered a job as a regional manager. Determined to make the most of that opportunity, her career became her life and she's finally reached the rank of Angel Investor. Her success allows her to let her two nieces (Gina and Carina) live with her without having to work. With all the recent deaths in the family from old age, however, she's started thinking about the future. So....babies. And, since it's this family, blue babies.

PUuXgmx.png
    Enter Abigail and Rachel, both of whom are now teenagers. Rachel is a would-be Renaissance sim: she knows she's a little different, but she also knows aliens were part of the family tree at one point and wants to learn more about...everything. Abigail, the younger, is more concerned with working out -- following in her Aunt Carina's obsessive footsteps.

lLIvjhs.png
    Donovan, still a chef living in his eccentric late uncle Sydney's house, has gotten married. Actually, he got married in an unbelievable rush: the family is a little concerned about the fact that he met the woman ("Katharine Best") in a bar one night and was married to her the next. Donovan has since discovered that his wife........well, she has a habit of cornering his relatives and nibbling on their necks. His aunt Samira has confirmed his dark suspicions -- that there's a vampire colony in the world, and that Katharine is a member of it -- and they locked her in a bedroom for a week or so, with Donovan entering every other day so she could feed. Katharine has promised to subsist only on plasma packs, but who knows if that was the true, or just a placating lie?

z41IyYh.png
    Nasira is a budding celebrity, with a series of novels about a warrior-princess named Arisan who is an obvious Mary-Sue for you know who. (Fun fact: this was Looney's last screenshot. She was actually dying when Nasira lumbered out the door.

htorqJt.png
    Nasira and her little brother Sayyid spend Christmas on the couch watching Nasira's newborn, Arisan.

A446ppl.png
    Nasira writing while her brother Sayyid and her cousin Karen wonder why she's writing in a room increasingly filled with urns.

ZAVBOen.png
    Samira's quest for eternal life now includes..um, indirect tactics.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Haven't had much time to play lately, but not that much has changed :) The tribe chief and his wife are elders now, and still just as adorable as ever.
    qHpYxCo.png

And little Napo met Nixie and fell in love! Unfortunately, I still don't have a prospect for Turi though, but I'm sure by the time it's his turn to take over the tribe I'll have an answer to that issue :D
    XyL1xXv.png

And I decided to make this cute little family with the new CAS story feature (she turned out to be an actress, he an entertainer, then I added their kids Lucia and Christopher). I think they're cute :D
    Ng3WuC6.png
    2u40CHr.png
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    HFsNBXy.png
    Usually my sims sit down to read to toddlers. I did not know this action was in the game. So cute she showed them pictures during the story.
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited August 2019
    Alright, posting what I have again and really hoping I'm catching up! 😳

@DarkAngel1994

The little girls are both so cute, I love them making the sand castles and playing in the water. I can't wait until I can get this expansion pack. Kai and Andres look like they're going to have a lot of fun off alone together ❤️

I can't remember how Don Lothario is related to your story though 🤔

@O-meezy

Yes it sure does look like Zion is having a lot of fun with Talia. It must make it easier to be a childish Sim if you actually have a child to play with LOL. The picture of her with Avery is so adorable. I love how they're both wearing glasses 😊

So apparently she's going to have it all! She's adorable, she has a playful Daddy, & she has a new puppy all for herself ❤️

The close-ups of her and Stix are just adorable

I can't remember, does Zion have a "real" job? Avery just paints pictures from home for income, right?

@RedDestiny92

Oh yeah, I had forgotten that that was a mod in your game. I was desperately hoping that Maxis has had fixed it in the real game 🙄 But no, let's just keep causing 6 hours of jealous/ tense moodlets over nothing. Gads but it's annoying!

And that's extremely strange to think about, Vlad with a crush. That and Vlad being a gentleman, that seems to be up for debate in many people's games. 😅

How old do you think Princess Cordelia is supposed to be? I looked at that family that was available to download, and I had maybe a third of the packs that they used to make it, so I didn't bother ☹️ waaa

@sarabeth2984

I just recently told Becka28 that I type my updates in a different program (like word, or a notes program on my phone or iPad) because I used to lose Facebook posts so often it would honestly make me cry (if they were long posts. 😅)

Anyway, it's my habit now, and I'm glad, because a couple of times I just quoted and answered someone here, right on the forum, and lost those responses 🙄

Now I just copy and paste the formated quote to whatever I'm writing on.

I do see that there's a "save as draft" option here on the forum, and it is probably worth at least testing how it works. If you periodically save your update, maybe you don't lose all of it if you accidentally delete the part you're working on 🤔

Oh wow, yes your librarian is very pretty! And hey, good news, Bjorn got dressed before going there 😅

I can't remember if Marcus Crow is a vampire or not 🤔 It seems that he can go out in the sun. Who is his mother? Is he the one who was kicked out of his mom's house when he began transforming? There are several vampire stories going right now, I can't always remember what belongs where.

Vlad's wife is a Siren, right? Are their daughters sirens too?

I just love Vlad here. For one thing, he's cool looking, for another, he takes care of Cat's kitties, and most of all, because he has to beg his wife to let him keep a kitten 😂😅😂

@DoodlyDoofus

Does Alexander get the new headstones too? If so, is there even more crying? 😅

Lmao
    Pearl: "Wait, you saved my life?"

Gunner is playing with fire! (pun not intended until I read what I wrote 😂 )

@AngeliqueAdelaide

I didn't get a chance to finish my comments on your August 10th update.

Interesting that Antoniette is considering teaming up with Alexander 🤔 That's some real desperation.

Arianne has an interesting back story. Well.. maybe interesting isn't the right word? She does seem a bit forgettable. Lol

I didn't realize that there were different fathers for that group.

I'll be looking forward to seeing their new house. They probably need more room. Although I'm told that the larger a home is, the higher the bills are.

Ok, so now I'm on your August 10th note to me...

Do you back up your save a lot? I can understand being very scared about losing it when everything you have is in it!

Cool idea about doing a back story in a different save! Trust me, it's super confusing to have the same Sim in a game at the same time! I've done it with Ian and Lawrence several times, and because I have Headlineeffects off going so often I won't know which copy it is. When "Ian" started hitting on his daughter one day I said enough is enough, and I deleted the extra pair of them 😳

I'm laughing at how Antoniette ended up with so many kids 😂

But that kinda s 🐸🐸🐸🐸 s that the family tree is so weird, but I suppose the game doesn't know how to deal with the "incest" aspect. It's not supposed to happen with the regular game mechanics.

Alexandre and Antoinette I certainly have a dangerous trait combo. Lots of kids please ... Lots of woohoo please 😁

Alexander is all kinds of messed up 🙄 Is his last trait actually evil? That would be too much to take 😳😄

@Morkovka

Hey! What great ideas for businesses!!

I've heard that stars can influence what other people wear, so you might really have a chance to make some changes in your townies 😳

And Mario does seem like the Craftsman type. Maybe Dorothy could make flower arrangements to sell in their store?🤔

Did your restaurant's reputation actually go down from the food stealing! 😳

I mean, I can see how it would, in real life, but I'd think the faulty game mechanics would make that aspect moot in the game 🤔

@PlumbobMafiaQueen

A word of advice that I wish I'd known about before I started letting my Sims have pets. Sorry if you already know this stuff, but just in case you don't:

Pets can drive you utterly crazy. I gave all of mine away to unplayed families.

But, if you give them the lazy/couch potato trait, you'll spend a lot less time bathing them, and crying because the pet ran away.

If you keep tons of pet wellness treats in your inventory (I keep Tons of Sim medicine in my Sim's inventory too) you can save yourself a million trips to the vet.

You can buy those treats at a vending machine at the vet's office.

Anyway, your family sounds nice 😊 Did you build the new house for them in Brindleton Bay?

@DoloresGrey

I think I missed commenting on your post about Johnny coming back. Such happy news!!!

So funny that you had to "catch" the fish in the gallery 😅

Was that death flower growing somewhere special? It almost looked dark where it was. 🤔

Are you going to stop following the Zest family now? That's what I think you mean. I hope we still get to see them once in a while. Invite them over for parties or something 🤔

Anyway, I'm on the August 10th update where he ate their birthday cake before he could serve it 😅😂 That's too funny.

I laughed so hard when you said that puberty hit Pearl hard 😅

Unfortunately, you seem to be right 🤔

What traits does Opal have? I'm just wondering why she's calm. She seems like a really helpful Sim!

And btw, you can use Hell here, I think because the one pre-made vampire's name is Miss Hell, and they can't plum their own word 🤔

I can't believe what Opal did though 😳😮 Wow! Bad girl. Does she still get notified that she's missing school? I've never gotten an answer when I ask that, lol.

It's so funny/strange that Marie is stalking her, but doesn't try to talk to her.

They built a cute little shack pretty quickly. Did you split them off from the family? Like, do you have to play their household separatly? Is Max a teen or young adult now?

And yes, that woman is the most stylish Sim I've ever seen 😂😅😉

I see your Breed the ugly out post. I'm not through the thread yet, I wonder if Adam aged up yet? I will be very interested to see him 😂

@DragonCat159

Hey! That sounds like a great experiment. It will be interesting to see who he picks. Are you going to leave him on autonomous when you aren't making him work on skills and stuff?

@DeafSimmer

Your simself is pretty 😊 How long did it take her to get that romance going so well that she was able to propose!

A lot of people seem to live vicariously through their Sims 😅

And the little poodle is adorable 😊

@calaprfy

Any news on the romantic interest of father to son?

I was telling someone here that I've gotten confused a few times because my Sim will be flirting with someone behind them, but never turn around. Several times I thought that adults and young adults were flirting with teens, and it really confused me because I know they aren't supposed to be able to do that.

Anyway, I hope your situation is resolved.

@Becka28

When you say you have multiple saves in your computer, do you mean that when you turn your game on you'll have a bunch of games/saves to choose from to play right there? Or that they are somewhere else in your computer?

I read a really good article about how to separate out your games/saves/trays and only have one in at a time. But I'm scared to do what's nesassary to divide them.

I'm trying to think of where I saved that url. I'd love other people's thoughts on doing what they say to do. 🤔

Hmmm, I guess I have to look into the Moschino pack. I had no interest in it because the free content called moschino was boring and ugly to me. So I don't even know what career is in it!

I was doing well at cleaning out my game, but now I've made it exponentially worse, as I try to finish up every build to my satisfaction so I can upload them to the gallery and not have them in my library/tray using space.

As for screenshots, I'd have to go downstairs to get an accurate idea of how many screenshots I actually have. They are all stored in an external hard drive that had a terrabyte of space, but is rapidly filling up.

A lot of that is real life pictures of my kids and grandkids, but the screenshots use a Lot more space than I thought. I didn't think they were that many pixels, but I guess they are.

I will have to look at my files when I go back downstairs, but if I have less than 1000 screenshots of just Ian and Lawrence I'd be surprised. They have a folder to themselves, and inside the folder there are about 20 subfolders marked with names like Romance Festival, wedding, Rose's house, new house, dates in Oasis Springs, dates in Windenburg, etc etc etc. And I still have problems finding specific pictures that I need for something 😄

I'll check my overall Sims screenshots folder. There will be thousands of pictures in it for sure. Talk about needing screenshots anonymous! 😄
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    Ok,

Please please please I’d love a lot of opinions on these instructions. I completely believe that it’s true and doable, but it really really scares me to do it.

The article is about creating a base save, and I love it! But the last part of the article is about saving your saves/games separately, which would be a space saver, I think 🤔

Part of the article:
    Dealing With Your Other Saves

The base save tutorial is effectively finished now, but I promised I’d show you how to separate all your saves in the future. This is important because if you don’t do this, your base save files will get lost in the mess of all your other saves, making all the effort of creating a base save in the first place pointless.

Do you remember how you made a folder called Base Save under your Saves folder in your backups? We’re going to do that for all of your saves now, but we’ll have to separate them first. This is a lengthy process of elimination.

Copy (DO NOT CUT) all the files in Documents > The Sims 4 Backups > Starting
    Paste it into your empty saves folder under Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves.
    Run the game. You should have all your old saves again when you select Load Game.
    Load one of your saves.
    ALT + TAB to minimize the game and open up Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves
    Delete everything in that folder EXCEPT THE SCRATCH FOLDER. DO NOT DELETE THE SCRATCH FOLDER. Don’t panic, you have backups of all your saves in your Starting folder, don’t you? Of course you do.
    ALT + TAB back into the game and save it. Save it three times just for good measure. I’m paranoid about the game not saving stuff properly so I always save three times.
    ALT + TAB back out of the game. Open up Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves. You should see significantly less files here now which means only the save you just loaded should be here. Copy everything in this folder, INCLUDING THE SCRATCH FOLDER!
    Go to Documents > The Sims 4 Backups > Saves and make a new folder for this save. Title it something you will easily recognise, like The Smith Legacy. Anything that will make it clear to you what save it is.
    In your new folder, make another folder with the current date and paste everything into that folder.
    ALT + TAB back into the game and exit the game, then go back into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves and delete everything in that folder since you just backed it up. The scratch folder should be gone now. This is normal. The game is supposed to “hide” this folder whenever the game is not running in order to prevent people from tampering with it. In case it wasn’t obvious yet, it’s a very important folder.
    Repeat this entire process from step one for all your saves. By the time you have finished, you should have a backup saves folder that looks like this:

The whole article: https://simscommunity.info/2018/08/19/the-sims-4-tutorial-how-to-create-a-base-save/

I’m not sure who can help me. Idk who the most techy people are here. But @RedDestiny92 @Tixyen @BlueSeaWaves @Becka28 @Koteyka @Daephene @Morkovka @DoloresGrey @SiliClone @BMSO are folks who come to mind that might have opinions or knowledge about this idea. But Please! Everyone give me your thoughts, especially if you’ve ever done this!
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @AlwaysAsking most the time I can ignore it especially for drama other times I don't let extended family get together to avoid it, lol well Vlad is very playdough like to me he could be anything with a chance, though I love him so I have to think that lol. You could give them a makeover get them all prepared maybe not sure. She's a young adult so I'd guess....juice drinking age but with a sheltered life dictating how she acts.

as for saves I've never made anything like that but I've downloaded others saves before. I'd say copy your entire sims folder paste it somehere maybe move it to a storage item if you have it. Then follow the steps exactly as they are given if it works you can learn to manage it, if you make a mistake you don't have to sacrifice your saves.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @AlwaysAsking Those instructions confuse me slightly, but maybe because they're referring to previous instructions. What I do is back up my saves to my OneDrive folder. I just open the Sims 4 saves folder, highlight everything, right click on it and pick copy. Then I open the OneDrive folder, open the folder in there that I made for sims saves, and right click and pick paste. I tell the windows popup box to copy and replace all files because I choose not to keep copies of the same save from different dates, but you also have the option to keep both copies, and it will add a number to one of the names to keep them separate.

A visual aid:
    qXiEUPX.png

So, on the right is my Sims 4 save folder with saves 5, 6 and 7 only (the number right before the .save in the file name is what I'm referring to). On the left is my OneDrive saves folder, where you can see saves 1, 3 and 4, and backups of 5-7 are below that. What I did was just highlight and drag all of my saves from the Sims 4 saves folder onto my OneDrive folder. That moved them rather than copied them. Then I did a right-click and copy of saves 5-7 back into my Sims4 folder. You only have to copy back the one that ends in .save for each number, the ver0 and all those... well I don't know what they're for but the one that ends in .save is from the last time you chose to save and exit when you were playing that save file, so it's the one you want.

The trick is knowing which save is which number. They are all numbered in the order they were created, but they don't necessarily match the numbering on the in-game screen when you go to load a game. I have found it easiest to tell by the "Date modified" date.

Any of that make sense so far? I'm not really a good teacher when I can't point at what I'm talking about.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited August 2019
    Okay, I'm going to title this series Adventures in Aging, of which I think this is now post 3 of infinity.

For those of you who have joined us since I last posted about them, the Snowbird retirement village is where I send premades and townies who are important enough to one or more of my played sims that I want them to age up with that generation, but I don't want to add them to my households. I have aging off for non-active households, so I have to age them manually and then play them through their elder days to keep them in sync with their peers and children.

At the beginning of this rotation, the residents consisted of Athena's four exes that she did not have children with, and Supriya and Justin Delgato. The four exes are all former townies - Mariko, Rinaldo, Navya and Ananya. Navya and Ananya have become a couple since moving into the village. It's summer and seemed like a good time for a vacation, so they all traveled to a resort hotel I downloaded for Selvadorada.

Here they all are, ready to explore the jungle. From left to right: Justin, Navya, Mariko, Supriya's back, Ananya, Rinaldo's back. Sorry, this is the only shot they're all in.
    vVad7c0.png

Rinaldo is determined to explore the underbrush, and rock the knee socks and sandals looks. I have a weakness for elder fashion stereotypes.
    Lr43nBj.png

The waterfall made everyone flirty. The bushes were... convenient.
    h94uFTk.png

After this stop the two couples were uncomfortably tired. But they pushed on to the next view.
    LNpvkRC.png

Nice, if a bit blurry due to heat haze. But soon reality began to set in, in the form of insects and arachnids.

(So... bees swarm visibly, but spiders move fast and I mostly just got photos of the reactions.)
    PKRJyS8.png
    yJdWTNL.png
    ZyRfNQ8.png
    LGCxego.png

Only Rinaldo was prepared!
    7Gp4OQL.png

But at this point even Rinaldo was discouraged, having lost both machetes. So they all decided exploring the jungle was a young person's game, and they moved on to more elder-appropriate activities. Such as visiting the museum.
    tUhJtTN.png

I gave the museum renovation that I downloaded an art area for guests inspired by the scenery.
    WfePWSb.png

I also gave it a picnic and games area, so the group decided to have some dinner and horseshoes.
    McbaW1G.png

At which point nature decided to remind them they were still in the jungle.
    kqkcdQC.png

Rinaldo seems completely unaffected by the bats. Perhaps he should have been an explorer in his youth.

The next day they went to the jungle spa I downloaded, and Ananya tried out rooftop yoga, despite the rain. Nice view.
    Ka8ij2w.png

Oh, and the too many accessories bug seems to have hit the spa outfits. Here's Ananya modeling how most of the women looked in the robes.
    tnzWVwV.png

Now, Ananya is a klepto, so I can pretend she's dressed like that because she swiped those items from someone's locker. But it doesn't work for the rest.

Unfortunately, in the last few hours of their vacation, it was Mariko's time to pass on. Grim probably doesn't come to the jungle much for old age, given how many other dangers lurk here.
    zIGaSOW.png

RIP Athena's first girlfriend (though simultaneous with the first boyfriend, Akira). She had just met a hot elder at the spa too.

I failed to have Supriya and Justin learn the rumba before they left. I'm sure they would have enjoyed it but six sims is a lot to keep track of.

When they got home, Dominic and Moira Fyres moved in. Next time, I think we'll take the group to Granite Falls. That should be a little more relaxing!

Edited to add: BTW, while we were exploring, Ivy had a baby girl! They're going to name her Isabella after grandmother Bella.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    @AlwaysAsking I do pretty much the same thing Daephene does, when I want to create a starting save I simply remove the save file folder and put it somewhere else, then when I'm done I put that save file somewhere else and when I want to use it I empty the save folder and put just that in.
    I added a new reaction to my mod...
    WvE0tx1.png
    guess who was the first one to get it right away:
    vvReS3E.png
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2019
    First person view from the Carrington's balcony
    11-8-2019-15-35-49.png

@AlwaysAsking Creating your own save doesn't have to scare you. You will have those back up folders. I recommend to have one on the desktop or in Documents as there is written in the article plus also have one on your USB just in case. It's a great idea! I never completed my own base save so I have never dealt with folder like this. I am kind of confused with having a separate folder for each save. When I used to play with my (unfinished and now even non-exist) base save and I wanted to start a new game I just loaded the very base save and then saved as, then I named it as blah blah. After I renamed it I quit the game and loaded the blah blah game. That way I never lost it. If I had to do fake reinstall I just moved my game folder on my desktop. Then I put it back to where it was supposed to be.
    Actually I might try to follow these instructions tomorrow or most likely the day after tomorrow and try it myself! Why not, I have nothing to lose but a little time and my nerves :D I am not a tech person at all. I am glad I know how to turn on my laptop and how to start my game. My husband will be here to help me since he works in IT.

I got the death flower in a park I placed in Newcrest. It only growns in winter and it was about 5am so that's why it was so dark. I am not going to follow the Zests anymore. I am definitely going to invite them to parties, that's a great idea!

Opal is lazy and music lover. I don't know why but she has always been a quiet sim. She doesn't like to clean at all and she likes to study. She want to be a friend of animals (her aspiration).
    Pearl is hot headed and bro. I don't think I have ever got a notification on missing school. Though her and Max's headmaster tries to give them a call every single day. They live together on the tiny lot in Newcrest, off the grid. I switch households every Monday 6am and they managed to build their shack on Saturday. It is spring so Pearl can grow a lot of roses. She makes a decent amount of money thanks to that.

Adam is a child now. I must say he looks quite nice. He is different but nice.
    11-8-2019-15-25-35.png
    11-8-2019-16-35-50.png

Random breed out the ugly pics
    Cristals is a style influencer. She needed to take some pictures to complete her daily task and she decided to take pictures of some tourists
    IDK why but Nancy is called Nora in the Czech version of Sims
    11-8-2019-16-19-24.png
    11-8-2019-16-19-50.png
    11-8-2019-16-20-27.png
    11-8-2019-16-20-49.png
    11-8-2019-17-02-50.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SimFrenzySimFrenzy Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi all! I-m struggling with the "Not So Berry Challenge"... However, I'm having lots of fun. I've also advanced with my other game and the conservationist career. Sulani is getting nicer.
  • O-meezyO-meezy Posts: 165 Member
    @AlwaysAsking Right now Zion is a comedian, it's the best job suited for his personality. And right now Avery is in the freelancer career doing sketches for people + selling her own paintings. They saved up enough money to buy store recently too so thats a bit more income as well
  • DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

@AlwaysAsking
    Don and his husband, Caleb Vatore, are the ones who started the legacy, which I forgot it was supposed to be a mafia-themed legacy until at the start of Generation 3, that's when I remembered.
    This gave me another idea that Vanessa was aware of the mafia buisness and what she had seen when she was a child, so she made sure that her kids don't get involved with it. Maybe whichever future generations can find out about their family's dark past.

Fast forward to some interesting updates...
    I guess that woohoo in the waterfall started another pregnancy (I have Risky Woohoo on 50% chance).
    Andres' parents, Vanessa and Octavio, came for a visit.
    Octavio: You just had two kids, and already pregnant with a third baby. Don't you two ever get a break?
    Andres: It just happens.
    Vanessa: Oh honey, leave him be. If he wants five or ten kids, then let him. I don't mind being a grandmother of a lot of grandkiddies.
    wsw6rjz.png

Their reactions when Andres told them that he married a merman, priceless!
    iUvPf0c.png

The next day, it was Love Day, and while the girls are with their grandparents, Andres and Kai went to the small bar nearby, where that same mermaid, who was trying to steal Alika from Kaloni, works as a bartender.
    She made the first move on Kai, who turns it down, and Andres was not having it.
    7PzlYeu.png
    qxiCAS0.png
    E3N9HuQ.png

Why is every man I meet has to be taken or gay!
    nX4gzb4.png

A brawl on Love's Day.
    IWxHs6E.png
    FAVp7pi.png

Kai: How about you crawl back from where you came! Don't ever bother me or my husband again!
    7DAA64v.png

Once Andres and Kai came back home, Andres went into a labor, and a baby boy, Jacob, was born.
    93xPWKc.png

And Maui is very fond with the new family member.
    WGwfA5p.png
    MPOhovl.png

Leilani joined the Leagues of Adventures and made friends with the club members. The leader club is Amelia Ackerman (Sarah and Vivian's daughter), Brooklyn Villareal (Hugo Villareal and Darling Walsh's daughter), Dallas Munch (Lucas Munch's daughter) and Laura Antoine (Luis Antoine and Eva Capricciosa's daughter).
    vLk9LY8.png
    YNx6kcg.png

And the messes that Sebastian, Maria, Dante, and Vanessa made when they were kids are still there.
    HLY1yjK.png

Leilani made a new best friend, Laura.
    JDPwbhK.png
    pw0213q.png?1
    edited August 2019
    @Daephene I love elders and I love yoga. And what's even better? An elder practising yoga! That spot looks like a perfect fit for practising yoga while sunrise. Or sunset <3
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited August 2019
    Already got an idea for a family group of 11 sims, 8 in one and 3 in another but the second group is connected to the bloodline through marriage ties. Make them Japanese in origin, all of them. Creating a backstory there will be a little more time consuming because there are 11 to get through, not to mention names to come up with.

Maybe Aiko Tamahashi and the Akahima son and father won't be alone anymore as the only other Japanese sims i have any more?

Since there hasn't been any reply from the previous comment so far, i guess i will move onto this project.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,183 Member
    So despite going on some steamy dates, Gunnar proposed to Luz.
    3tlMpKU.png
    I mean, was she going to say no to the ring that Gunnar spent the rest of their money on? Yeah, it's going to be a while until they get married....they need 1000 simoleons to throw a wedding.
    IYnWSzy.png
    Also it's still Prank Day.
    TESuqI9.png
    Gunnar: "I don't know if that was for prank day or if I deserve that."
    6OUizJ9.png
    Luz: "Can you not use your vampire sexy gas around me? I just want to make a taco."
    Gunnar: "But I gotta level up my vampire skill."
    KIXOANq.png
    Luz: "Oh hey nevermind, the gas is nice."
    Dn5Pc9X.png
    Then Gunnar got scared because....he infected his Grandmother with the Vampire Sexy Gas!!!
    Yo83w93.png
    Hela: "Nah it's all good, I might be under the sexy spell but it still doesn't make you attracted to family."
    VFHOOG5.png
    Now Hela's going to spend all night on the computer while Luz tries to sleep. Silly vampires!
    vV23XAx.png
    At 4AM, Luz finally eats that taco she made last night.
    iwyIo3n.png
    Meanwhile, while Luz is at work, Pearl came over to visit!
    3TUTSHA.png
    Then the closet happened.
    YbXQ8i4.png
    Luz got a promotion, which means now she needs to level up her comedy skill by writing jokes.
    p9XmfLU.png
    Devil's Guitars: "Oh oh I got a funny joke for you. What's red and runs down the street screaming?"
    C6Gh1xp.png
    Devil's Guitars: "THE BLOOD AS IT FLOWS THROUGH THE STREETS AS I ENACT MY VENGEANCE!!"
    hN5ZEpy.png
    And then Luz complained about the bills to her sister....because they have about 78 simoleons to their name right now.
    XBCkMOX.png
    That night Gunnar hosted a funeral for Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone.....AKA I don't have a funeral mod, so I threw a black and white party and hoped everyone wore Black instead of White. Like Luz's sister here.
    g7eRzf5.png
    Nope.
    tf2gxOJ.png
    Nope.
    f90IbjS.png
    Zilch.
    EIaZZhT.png
    Nope and yup.
    dVbDkJD.png
    Igor: "I wouldn't dream of wearing white to a funeral unlike these heathens."
    Y9QqyCh.png
    Abraham however is quite upset that nobody else wore black to the funeral for his buddies.
    7c4RFae.png
    Not even the Widow Mrs Schwarzenegger wore black, she didn't even wear white! She showed up in a parka before I made her change into her partywear!
    LJa8r54.png
    Thank you Kala for being considerate.
    1cz9P17.png
    Arnold Schwarzenegger: "I TOLD YOU I'D BE BAHCK!"
    nRm9pz3.png
    Igor: "Alas, the curse of immortality. I get to witness the demise of such great warriors."
    bJ3iUdI.png
    At least Kala was supportive of Abraham.
    e29JuCr.png
    Until she realized there was a TV in this room.
    rIwTgOb.png
    Luz: "Oh you're pregnant? Who's the father?"
    Crazy Cat Lady: "Oh that's another story for another day."
    13rYJQ4.png
    Arnold: "WHY IS EVERYONE CRYING? YOU HAVE CLEAN DISHES NOW!"
    The Helpful Ghost of Arnold Schwarzenegger says as he does some housework.
    KHQ4iWo.png
    Arnold thanks you all for attending his funeral. Of course Sylvester wouldn't grace us with his presence.
    JlIp5zV.png
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited August 2019
    @AlwaysAsking
    Antoniette is starting to get desperate, because she fears that Agnessa may tell their mother where she is to get back to her. And since mommy dearest´s last act was to try to kill Alexandre before they ran, this can never happen. Antoniette would team up with the evil itself if it means keeping her loved ones safe.
    Yup, poor Arianne, always forgotten :D Though I like to believe that she prefers it that way, since she was never that outgoing to begin with.
    Nicolas is Antony´s kid, other three are Andrey´s.
    High-level criminals earn really well and Alexandre keeps painting masterpieces daily basis, so the money won´t be a problem. The main reason they haven´t moved out by now is that I am emotionally attached to their house, as it is the first one I ever built. But the new one is ever better, I am going to post pics of it once it is completed, I still have few rooms to furnish.
    I keep a copy of my save on my outer hard drive, that I try to renew weekly and every time my computer updates, just in case (I have a reason to be paranoid, because when I had Windows 10 put into my computer, it killed my hard drive. The IT man had backed everything up beforehand, but it was still scary.)
    Wow, it must have been weird to have several versions of same people in your game. I will occasionally confuse my blondes, and they don´t even look identical.
    Alexander used to have a bookworm as his third trait, but I changed it to evil when he went bad, because it fits with his evil plans. Once he is done, I may change it back, unless he is happier being evil.

On the next club meeting, Cesare tried to get with Morgan, who turned him down, because not only was he sort of seeing her sister, but there were rumors all over the town that he was way too close with his sister. Cesare got angry, because who dares to refuse Cesare Borgia? OuZlvxG.png
    9JgJFUs.png

Meanwhile, I really have no idea what is going on with Nina, Darren, Lucas and Elsa. Last time, Lucas was flirting with Darren, who is dating Nina. This time, he spent half the evening flirting with Elsa. Who later hooked up with Darren PoDwbjs.png
    while Lucas and Nina were too buzy looking deep into each other´s eyes to notice 0fJD7vD.png
    Morgan: "Half of my friends are sociopaths and the other half are just weird. I hate my life."
    Darren caught them and it got really awkward ffeVAUE.png

Catarina had a surprise for Mortimer. dEeftwV.png
    Catarina: "Did you notice that I have gained some weight since we last met? Guess what, I am pregnant!"
    3KCh4W9.png
    Mortimer: "What? Vampires can have kids? Aren´t you like, dead?"
    Catarina: "Don´t ask me, I am not a scientist! But how did you think I came to be?"
    Mortimer: "You were adopted?"
    Catarina: "Uggh, you are dumb."
    Bn4cOkJ.png
    f4pBGAx.png
    Mortimer: "Dear diary. This will likely be my last entry because my aunt is going to kill me. Oh, to die while still so young..."
    Catarina believes that if you need smething done, you must do it yourself xY92Mey.png
    IlKz9z9.png
    bRY0YVI.png
    Isobel didn´t take the news well. She was heartbroken, because her little sister was getting married and she didn´t even have a girlfriend yet we8nXxd.png
    Anastassia was furious. She called Alexander to yell at him, because surely it was somehow his faulth that his son had knocked up her perfect little girl cv6xIg1.png

Catarina and Mortimer decided to have the wedding the same evening, because what´s the point of waiting?
    (I will have to confess that the wedding seen here was the second attempt. I rage-quit the first time, because it was a total failure. Never have toddlers or celebrities at weddings, because they will throw tantrums (on toddler´s case) and force everyone´s attention on them (on both cases). And I really-really hate game-generated trash that keeps showing up everywhere and pushing themselves on my sims (it will be a cold day in hell when I allow my sims to have anything to do with those annoying, misshapen freaks whom I can´t even delete because they are hidden sims. All they are good for is vampire food) , especially on family events. I had to get LittleMsSam´s mod that forces them to leave, it´s a lifesaver. On my next wedding, I am trying different tactics - I am going to make a club of people in attendance and lock the gate for everyone but club members, that should keep the trash out.)
    Okay, end of rant and back to wedding dveqmB3.png
    ph4nmXg.png
    uD7eGax.png
    Just married! zVYTcIO.png
    sJVGWNi.png
    FapS895.png
    (Mortimer changed back into his everyday outfit as soon as the vows were done. Caleb had baked a fancy cake for the wedding, but he had then forgotten himself to chat instead of adding wedding topper, the event had started just when he was finally about to. The cake they are eating was supposed to be a backup, in case they ran out of cake before all guests are eaten. Alexander was invited, but refused to attend- first time for me to get a message that invited sim would rather not come. Though, given that Anastassia spent the whole party in a state of rage, seeing her hated ex there would´ve likely caused her to physically attack him, so maybe it was for the best.)
    GcuZLRs.png
    SK8JLut.png
    nOTwank.png
    uTEjWjT.png
    04ULDh4.png
    (everyone loved to splash in the fountain in their formalwear)
    Isobel, desperate for love, decided to try her luck with the wishing well lxspFqo.png
    lIVQ9IR.png
    Despite her large donation, her wish backfired. As did Stefan´s, who had wished for skills kSrgz2K.png
    Afterparty nFsmDnB.png

Few days later, Catarina welcomed a baby boy, Francois Vatore-Goth, VVzjcCD.png
    as did Damon puGuykS.png
    ... and Luka the vampire. Luka is a very friendly guy and tends to became good friends with pretty much everyone he comes across E07cVdz.png

Catarina joined the vampires support group. Her aspiration is to become a master vampire, so she needs all the help she can find. Their club gathers in Straud mansion, that became a museum after Lilith and Lucrecia rebelled against Vlad´s reign of terror and won, causing him to fake his death and go into hiding. He is still alive, but stays clear off their path and hasn´t attacked anyone ever since.
    On the group meeting, she met Fiametta and found a kindred spirit in her (Cesare didn´t let her to join Nina´s gang, because she refuses to let him try to join the Paragons. Neither of them are very good at sharing.)
    Catarina has been facing an obstruction in the way of fulfilling her aspiration. Stefan, Beatrice and Sebastian are still children and the rest of the vampire population are adults - there are no teenage vampires around except for her, which means that she has no one to spar with.

Mortimer ran off after Francois was born and hasn´t been seen ever since. He called once to invite Catarina to have a dinner with her, but since she loathes both the sunny weather and the human food, she declined the offer. Catarina hasn´t really had time to miss him, with baby, school, vampire training and music lessons. Mortimer can be little airheaded and irresponsible at times, she is going to find him and bring him home once she is done with her studies. Catarina wishes to move to Forgotten Hollow, but she has yet to come across a house that fits her taste.

Isobel joined the business career and finally made a successful move on Morgan. They are not yet dating, but it´s better than nothing.

I took Stefan to park so that he can meet other children. eMjvSDP.png
    CVI54CO.png
    koaQRaw.png
    (It went well, he managed to not insult anyone for once. That´s great for a boy whose favourite leisure activity is to troll forums with his mother. Neither Caleb nor the girls ever do it, just Stefan and Anastassia:)
    Being hot-headed, he is not good at making friends and used to pick fights with Catarina all the time when she was younger (they have repaired their relationship since then and are now good friends). I dread him aging into a teenager because that´s when the fangs come out and being hot-headed and having vampire powers is not a safe combination. Caleb knows how to make the cure, he may have to use it on Stefan, should he became dangerous for people around him.

Damon aged up w7qJCHu.png
    MsuK8MS.png
    vldB78g.png

Post edited by AngeliqueAdelaide on
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Already got an idea for a family group of 11 sims, 8 in one and 3 in another but the second group is connected to the bloodline through marriage ties. Make them Japanese in origin, all of them. Creating a backstory there will be a little more time consuming because there are 11 to get through, not to mention names to come up with.

Maybe Aiko Tamahashi and the Akahima son and father won't be alone anymore as the only other Japanese sims i have any more?

Since there hasn't been any reply from the previous comment so far, i guess i will move onto this project.

11 sims
    jaw_drop.jpg

I know we can't actually put 11 in one household but the thought of managing 8 + another 3 actively in the same story... :scream:

And here I already struggle to keep up with 8 sims (even if only one of them's a toddler).
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Training like we were back in TS2! 💪

tumblr_pulhsiaJkV1xvf163o1_1280.png

tumblr_pulhsiaJkV1xvf163o2_1280.png

tumblr_pulhsiaJkV1xvf163o3_1280.png

tumblr_pulhsiaJkV1xvf163o4_1280.png
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Morkovka is running a restaurant difficult?
    @BlueSeaWaves It requires a lot of managment at first when you need to train staff, welcome everyone personally etc.
    But once cooks and waiters level up enough and with some purchasable perks it gets really easy.
    A bit boring too :)
    I've heard that stars can influence what other people wear, so you might really have a chance to make some changes in your townies 😳

Did your restaurant's reputation actually go down from the food stealing! 😳
    @AlwaysAsking I don't use that celebrity perk because it makes fans wear the exact outfit that celebrity is wearing which I wouldn't want.
    So I use Style Influencer "create a trend" options and it does make about half of the townies in a public lot look like they just walked out of a nearby office building or grocery shop and not some wild costume party :)
    Selling outfits in a retail shop helps too, as the outfits are added to the respective categoty of buyer Sims permanently and then they actually use them.
    It's slow changes, but Effie is persistent :)

And about restaurant yes - with food stealing Sims who ordered food considered it like they were not served, they wouldn't leave and wouldn't pay and the reputatuion was dropping because of it.

@Daephene I loved the Adventures in Aging :)
    They look so enthusiastic in those tourist outfits <3
  • Dust_Bunny2010Dust_Bunny2010 Posts: 163 Member
    I finally tried MCCC today on a test save. Yikes! Everyone’s getting pregnant and married left and right. I have yet to find the perfect settings before I can safely initiate it into casual play, and then my legacy save down the line.
    @Simanite OMG hi!!! I haven't seen you on the forums for ages! I missed your pics.
    MTS is refusing to approve my mod because I cannot list in detail all the random outcomes I made for the various interactions, so... if someone wants it, it's here:

https://forgottenhollow-secretgarden.tumblr.com/

I'm done trying on MTS.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top