Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Moschino Pack, Are You Gonna Buy it

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    Definitely want it - lots of content for a 10 dollar pack and finally the kind of photography the game seriously lacked. Love the Build/buy mode stuff and the hairs in particular. Not a fan of the designer but Hollywood and the music industry are big fans so I can use that CAS stuff in the Get Famous world anyway. LOL.

Also really enjoyed the Guru's Deep dive into the pack. Great to see all we can do in photography now with this pack.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    If there’s an appeal to the pack for me, it’s the career. I’ve always wanted a photographer career. Who knows, maybe one day I’ll buy it just for that.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i like having a completed collection so yes. on sale.
  • thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    Yep I am getting it. I have to buy all the packs it is an OCD.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes I am. To this day, I've bought every single pack for The Sims since the beginning (with the exception of 'My First Pet' due to it being DLC for DLC). I personally have no issue with the Moschino pack being released. In fact, I actually like quite a few of the outfits it comes with. The same goes for several objects... and those WINDOWS! :heart:

I knew Sims 4 would get a branded pack sooner or later. It was inevitable. Sims 2 had 'H&M Fashion Stuff' and 'IKEA Stuff'. Sims 3 had 'Katy Perry Sweet Treats' and 'Diesel Stuff'... I don't know why so many people are confused to why Sims 4 is also getting a branded pack. I hope everyone's prepared for another one as well... because Sims 2 and Sims 3 (as I mentioned above) both had two branded packs.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • LexiBaiLexiBai Posts: 29 Member
    > @BabySquare said:
    > No. (word count too short)> @dorcsyful said:
    > Nope, the career looks kinda interesting but I'm not gonna pay 10 euros for a career. The fact that the first trailer had more real people than actual sims in it shows how much content this pack has.

and they expect us to spend $10 on it? when they advertise such lacking content, :/
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I've never really liked photography in any of the Sims games, so I'll probably give it a pass. Save it for a rainy day when I'm desperate for something new.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    After the announcement of the pack I was not interested. However after watching the live stream of it, it does look a really good stuff pack with a lot of gameplay and is one of the ones I think I will get at some point. I really like the photography side and that was the aspect of the pack I had no interest in. I will admit what little of the cas I have seen I don't like but I do like the build/buy items.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Isn’t it a bit sad that we have to pay for photography updates that should have been included for free when photography has been revisited twice? It’s almost like they knew players would not want this pack for the ugly AF clothes...
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    I would buy it if it had a focus on retial because it think that retial was the most popular part taken from get to work. Instead of photography which was not get to works favorites. This was the opportunity to mix clothing and shopping and retial. The sims needs realistic additions and being able to buy all this expensive looking clothing directly from create a sim makes it weird. It would have been amazing if you can become a dress maker and make your own creations as well as sell them. Or take measurements and make custom suites. Isn't that what a fashion based pack should be about.
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    *Retail
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    After seeing the content available via the livestream, absolutely.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I'll get it eventually when it's on sale. I think the items look great from what I've seen and I enjoy high end fashion.
  • Chanty25Chanty25 Posts: 94 Member
    No. I will wait until it is half off.
  • r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    On sale maybe
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
  • Dust_Bunny2010Dust_Bunny2010 Posts: 163 Member
    edited August 2019
    I’ll buy it on sale. I’ve personally never liked the brand because their products felt a little too offbeat, even if that’s what Franco Moschino was aiming for. Honestly I think Jeremy Scott turned the brand into a travesty from what Franco originally envisioned it’s hipster-ism to be and took it too far. Ever had people stare at you for looking like a ridiculous cartoon cutout while spraying a bottle of what looks like Windex on your neck? Yeah, that’s how bad Scott turned Moschino into.

I’m amenable to buy most other brand collaborations though, from haute couture to fast-fashion to American to Japanese, just really not Moschino at the moment.
  • Vidal98Vidal98 Posts: 101 Member
    When it was first announced after Island Living my reaction was literally the same as the crowd. No comment. I've always liked how The Sims team delve into more specific aesthetics in the stuff packs but the whole high end fashion direction seemed meh to me. However, after watching that live stream I'm definitely getting it. It looks pretty detailed and I'm a sucker for those new industrial windows.
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Sure.

I like some of the stuff, and was sold on the new career. I'm considering it a late birthday present for myself. (Cake day today, pack tomorrow.)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Originally I thought no, but now that I see all the updates with photography I definitely will!
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I want the photography career.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Personally, I like StrangerVille a lot and couldn't care less for University. lol Sorry you weren't able to enjoy it at all, though.

It’s was a good pack but it got old fast personally for me.

It was a fun single playthrough -- if they did another I'd like if they could build in a few different ways to play -- for example, making friends with The Mother and gaining special skills or selling "cures" for a lot of Simoleons. >:) I'm currently working on converting it to an entertainment district -- "gentrification" and all that -- so I can reclaim Newcrest as residential (moving some of the houses from Strangerville to Newcrest after some remodeling). I may keep the small lot in the "trailer park" vacant to use as my starter lot for a future rags-to-riches playthrough. I've already relocated my Arts Center from Newcrest, as well as a restaurant. Want to bring my gym, spa and maybe a karaoke bar and nightclub.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Yeah I most probably will buy it. I buy all the packs and it will bother me to have a missing icon on the loading screen. Some of the items and clothes look nice and I'm sure I will get some use from it somewhere in my playtime. :D

Same here. I'm a bit of a fanatic when it comes to having complete collections of things I love. ...And I love the sims for better or worse. That said, while I really didn't know much about Moschino (I probably spelled that wrong, sorry) before the hype for this pack I'm always interested in more official clothing and hair and such for my little sim people so I probably would have bought it anyway just to have more fashions available to them in game.

I liked Strangerville and I really like the town, I just wish that there was a way to turn off the strange without having to replay the story every single save. It was fun once... its not so fun the third or fourth time through though.

There are cheats: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/strangecheats

I did the playthrough, then I used the cheats to set up my template save where I start my new saves.
  • ElaineenicoleeElaineenicolee Posts: 95 Member
    After seeing the game changers videos regarding the content, yeah I’ll probably buy it. I might wait until it is on sale. But honestly I’d buy it just for the windows.

I am surprised tbh. I really wanted to hate this pack, as I thought the concept was lame. I thought I hated it when we got the teasers for the outfits. But the quality of the items won me over — well, the build/buy items.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I just do not see it as worth $10. The clothing is items I will never use from a questionable designer, don't use the photography skill enough to make a career of it, and I am not tempted by the build mode content. A majority of the stuff packs which I do own, I only paid $2.50 for each. So that is how great I see the quality of packs anymore.
    I'll be getting it -- I've been wanting to do more with photography and this gives me a good impetus. Might be playing a photographer and stylist couple to see how that goes. And I love the build/buy items; especially the new windows which coordinate well with some of the windows from City Living. I'm working on a loft build in San Myshuno and those windows are perfect.