Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member

Page 3625

@jonny522 That doesn't sound like fun having to go through the inquiry.
    Glad to hear Mona and Evelyn did well on their finals.
    Hard to believe it's time for graduation already.
    Wow, Mona did good on her aptitude test.
    Typical, the roommates always burn the kitchen down.
    Great updates!

@king_of_simcity7 The Leader of the Free World must want to show off the skills course.
    Didn't take long for someone to become his fan.
    Great update!

@GraceyManor Nah, that can't be the chest. It's not like it's glowing. :D
    Poor Chelsea. I hope she finds her sister and then takes care of the person who kidnapped her.
    Great update!
    Wow, it seems like that guy is giving the Defender and Red Talon the run around.
    I wonder what Chelsea's reaction will be to that?
    Great update!
    I think Red Talon is a worthy sidekick of the Defenders. I'd almost consider them equal partners now.
    Wow, it seems like someone is making sure Chelsea doesn't see her sister. I just hope her sister isn't setting her up.

@PalmArrow I like that idea, I always love seeing the descendants of townies. Some turn out really well while others... not so much.
    Curtis and Timothy looks pretty great.
    I think Valerie inherited Christopher's lips, not sure.
    I think Curtis is in love.
    Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 Teresa looks great.
    That's a nice house.
    Great update!

@Vampris Only in the Sims, right? It seems the game likes to pay back our Sims for their actions.

@emorrill You're welcome. :smile:
    I can understand that, having too many stories would cause you to get mixed up on personalities.
    Thanks, I know you've seen by now but I decided on doing the gender switch but I'm going to look through those hairs for Ava.
    I do. I knew that they were married but I was surprised when Ava had hearts for him. I shouldn't have been though, he was the only male. :lol:
    It's mainly since they are heavily populated and contain a lot of objects. I can play in EA worlds but lag seems worse when I do.
    You're welcome. A bit of the synopsis was familiar as I had started to read from the beginning. I need to go back and read more when I'm not busy.

@KayeStar Nice to meet the newest generation. Can't wait to see Susanna as she progresses through life.
    That's sad but at least one grandparent got to meet her.

@coco You're welcome.
    That's sad that his parents died in a fire.

@AbellaKellaher Yeah, I did have to give up some. I'm happy that I can play at least but I hope to get a new computer eventually as I really miss some features.
    It is a good world, there is a lot of room to add houses if I want to.
    Hank might reappear before long. Right now I decided to play female Hank and male Ava.
    Thanks for the comments!

@meerkattime Thanks! I was working on getting Hank ready for a story with Ava when I turned him into a female. I didn't like what I saw so I did it again and got the Sim who became Hillary.
    Thanks, so far I like it. I doubt I'll fill every lot due to lag but it has been fun so far.
    I've done it a time or two and enjoy it. I'm not a great builder so my houses may look funny but oh well. :lol:
    Thanks. We ended up not going since there is a chance of storms down around Springfield.

Adam and Hillary, Day 3

DjhTN1p.jpg
    I really need to get them on a better sleep schedule as they are getting up to early in the morning. Anyway, Adam and Hillary ate their fish for breakfast like usual. They only have the one toilet and three walls surrounding it so far and have to sleep in their sleeping bags still.
    Hillary: You know, we're going to be like celebrities when more people move in. They will look up to us since we are the key to their futures.
    Adam: I'm not sure about being celebrities, but maybe mayor or leader.

17sAxb5.jpg
    Adam projected an Aura of Soothing on himself and Hillary to help boost their mood. He knows if he is going to be a leader, he will need to be a skilled fairy.

SkguHLM.jpg
    Right now these two are only good friends. Adam knows that for their survival, they will need to pair up. As such, Adam suggested they watch the stars together and Hillary accepted.

3Rnlh7p.jpg
    While I sent Adam out to fish, Hillary planted some of the produce she collected at the garden I added for her. That garden will be taken out when Hillary can harvest her own plants. Some must be kept so she can continue to garden and also for the future generations.

ybwQh2F.jpg
    Once she was done gardening, Hillary ran over to the pond to fish with Adam. They sell most of what they catch and only keep two fish for their meal.
    Adam: I'm looking forward to having children, they are going to be the future of Deery Meadows.
    Hillary: How are you going to have children, there isn't any women here for you?
    Adam: How about you?
    Hillary: Shut up and fish. (See if you get the reference)

pixqQH9.jpg
    After catching some fish, Adam and Hillary headed back to camp to eat. They only get about one meal a day but sometimes they get two.

wQtV05x.jpg
    vLPcQoU.jpg
    This world already has some spawners in it so I scanned the area then directed Hillary to pick them up. Luckily the seed was one she could plant as she doesn't even have a gardening skill point yet.

RHGbvbe.jpg
    Hillary did more planting when she got home. I have just been putting things wherever and will move them when I need to actually build a house. The garden isn't fenced in yet so zombies may come and destroy it.

qxw8SBd.jpg
    That evening, Adam couldn't wait any longer, he just had to try and flirt with Hillary.
    Adam: You look beautiful under the moonlight. Do you think we have a chance?
    Hillary: I don't know, you are kind of cute.

aVKgbnZ.jpg
    Adam decided to try his luck and kiss Hillary. At first she was shocked, but then she pulled him in and they shared a passionate kiss. They both saw fireworks when they kissed and knew that they were meant to be. After leaving them to sleep, I sold some of their extra items for money. I want to buy them a shower next and close up the bathroom. At least since they are romantic interests, they won't shoo each other away when they need to go.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @emorrill I think it’s just because I feel that I don’t write as well as others.Its my depression and anxiety kicking in
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@king_of_simcity7 Very plain bar, not even a picture on the wall?

@coco Love the greenhouse! I like the divided plant beds!
    Artie is too cute to be insane! :love:
    I love your cupboards with the fun stuff to see inside them.
    I really like what you did to the gallery. Looks fantastic. I remake a lot of them especially if I have artsy sims and I put their art inside. :lol:
    Have you found any puddles near the fire hydrants yet? :lol:

@Karritz Nice to see some pictures from your gameplay!
    I love seeing all the toddlers at your boarding school. Maybe I should have sent the triplets to boarding school in my Cowboy and Mermaid save!

@PalmArrow Congrats on the new baby on the way.
    Pretty snow scenes. Its funny I never had any snow days when I did have seasons in. :(
    Much improved vendors!
    Yes, that is the picture taken before Alice and Adam left Midnight Hollow (I had Dedric take it) and the one on the wall is of the original family before the last three kids were born. Very good eye spotting that!

@CravenLestat Nice to see you with a new video and new patterns!! Beautiful.
    :::snicker::: The fates have decreed she is his and he is hers. You lost out buddy! :lol:
    What a clever idea. I've actually visited someone who lived in an old bus! :open_mouth:

@GraceyManor Perhaps that hair needs to go to @Emily4331 to fix! :smile: You know she has a thread where she will try to fix messed up cc. :)

@Brandontaylor That is a bummer but better than be caught out in severe weather.
    I agree, better to have a campfire to cook with and warm you up. She can go read at the library. :smiley:
    Happy to see the zombie did not eat their brains!
    Glad they got a bit more funds to add a toilet.
    Maddie and Tae! :lol: Great line!
    Great kiss!

@DeafSimmer It is very time consuming when you are doing it all yourself that is for sure. I've never tried to do a whole town, but have been making fairy's right and left for my Adam's Quest story. Luckily I have a few that were given to me by friends and have a few others that I had made last year but never used.

@meerkattime Thanks for the comments! lol....she keeps getting the feeling shy moodlet, but she is getting to know them as friends so that should get better as far as sharing the household goes. He is so cute wanting to do something with her all the time. I'm gonna have to make him work on his science projects so she can go garden! lol

@Silverofdreams30 It looks like she is having a great time. You've added some handsome sims. :smile:

@rubyskywalker I use flickr, it was free when I started :( I paid this year, but don't know what I will do next year.
    Congrats on the buys!

@jonny522 A sad situation for all involved.
    Bummer Evelyn got zapped by lightning. Glad she got home and cleaned up before getting zapped again!

@emorrill Naw, wasn't crazy about that town. The marshes back home stunk, gators and water moccasins and other snakes abound. :::shudder:::
    Thanks so much for the comments. :) She's gonna have to get over being shy that is for sure with Dedric's friends. I plan on keeping them together in one household for awhile. Eventually they will have their own homes, but, they are gonna live in the same town. I just need to decide which one!
    That is a funny proof thing....I can't even count how many times I read my story before I post it, and still put his name as Derek all but one time in that one update! I still need to go back and check the last few. :open_mouth: Still haven't fixed the Willowisp/Willowslip mess up either! :confounded:
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family
    Adam's Quest

Dedric and Wisteria work together in the garden when they wake up from their nap. Wisteria is excited that they share an interest in plants and gardening. They enjoy spending the time together tending the plants and sneaking kisses as their paths cross in the small garden.
    48336542937_db25f119c2_b.jpg

Marshall works on his martial arts skills and gains another belt.
    48336542882_dff4c1aa60_b.jpg
    48336542717_f5f0b0999a_b.jpg

Jennifer gathers the honey and honeycombs after smoking the bee's to keep them from attacking her. She feeds them hoping they will produce better honey with the next gathering. Alice starts another painting. She is getting to be almost as good as her Aunt Autumn. She wants to start working on her photography skill as well.
    48336542817_6663532f76_b.jpg

After finishing their chores the group decides to go to the local bowling alley. They enjoy bowling together again. They had not been since shortly after leaving university. Wisteria made a respectable score even though she had not bowled before. She enjoyed the activity and joined the girls at the Claaaaw machine to try her hand at getting a prize. All three girls were able to grab a prize. A mummy Bear for Wisteria and Jennifer and Alice both snagged IF Bears.
    48364790697_c7e494ed73_b.jpg
    48364654941_5c9b874b19_b.jpg
    48364654871_9bff415d50_b.jpg

Dedric and Wisteria try the Super Skee Ball machines, while the others play the pinball machines.
    48336391461_c1d91636d7_b.jpg
    48512510912_876edd642c_b.jpg

One of the locals chats with Dedric and Wisteria after they finish their game of skee ball. Several of the locals came to the venue and enjoyed the many fun things to do. Two of the men decide it is more fun to start an argument than to play games.
    48512330576_9c4a88dd4f_b.jpg
    48512510802_09e1d26a51_b.jpg
    48512330791_f53ce11dfa_b.jpg

The karaoke machine was free so Dedric and Wisteria step up to perform. Alice and Jennifer cheer them on while the two men who were arguing earlier heckle them. Jennifer and Alice took a turn and sang together and Dedric and Wisteria cheer loudly drowning out the hecklers in the back of the room.
    48512510267_875b092732_b.jpg
    48512510157_7751f13cbb_b.jpg
    48512511752_0830da0ce8_b.jpg

Marshall and Adam play a game of pool and Marshall won. The go across the hall and play darts. The others come up and play ping pong and Foosball.
    48512330201_3e3e3fb990_b.jpg
    48512511547_04584ff702_b.jpg

Everyone was hungry so Jennifer went downstairs and used the brick oven to fix lasagna. She calls them to eat when it is ready. It was a wonderful relaxing day and the friends enjoyed getting to know Wisteria and love seeing Dedric so happy and in love.
    48512331471_a5f6d90bea_b.jpg
    48512511112_81d74c8845_b.jpg

Page 3626

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you, it is always fun to play Ava. I was surprised how good Hank looks as a female, all I did is changed the eyebrow curve, lowered them and then hair, makeup, and wardrobe.

@bekkasan Thanks, I like the world but it just didn't seem like what I wanted.
    I did love that shot of the moon.
    Thanks, I wasn't intending to do opposite gender for them but I decided to after checking what Hank looked like as a female.
    Glad to see Wisteria was welcomed with open arms.
    That's cool that Adam reminds her of some fairies she knows. I wonder if Adam is related?
    Wow, that would be so cool if he was Wisteria's cousin!
    Looks like the couples are having some alone time.
    Great update!

@king_of_simcity7 You're welcome.
    Nice set for the story!
    I do hope Simon meets someone new, I felt bad for him.
    They may be surprised, a lady may show up.
    I'd actually like he and Tammy together.
    Great update!
    Poor Tammy, she isn't having much luck either.

@coco Great job on the greenhouse!
    Artie looks good, his facial expression was funny.
    Looks a lot better after your edits.
    Wow, the interiors look great as well!
    I actually hadn't heard of it either until I downloaded it. It's a nice little town but not what I was wanting.
    It is pretty close. I know that some of her clothes are from EP's I have uninstalled and her hair was too. She looks pretty good in this hair though.
    Wow, I'm glad there isn't snow here, although it's still severe weather season here.
    He really does. I'm really wanting to check out other Sunset Valley Sims as the opposite gender, I may have to add some to Deery Meadows eventually.
    That's definitely true, it will take some time. I'm not adding any new houses yet so right now they are the only actual residents.
    Good thing, lol. That's one perk of having Seasons uninstalled.

@Karritz Thanks, I'm hoping that it will.
    Looks like you have been busy with the Sims.
    Love the wedding photo!
    Great update!

@PalmArrow Thanks, I'm having fun with it. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw Hank as a female. She has really nice facial features.
    Wow, Evangeline is going to be really skilled when she reaches young adulthood.
    Can't wait for the new baby!
    I know what you mean on that, I had some children who only got to go to school as just a child or just a teen.
    Great winter scenes!
    The food vendors look good after their makeovers.
    Great update!

@CravenLestat Glad to hear you are still around!
    Great video as always!

***I'm going to get caught up tonight, even if it means not having much play time. It's been fun reading everything you all post, everyone has been really busy playing. I can't wait for the day we reach page 4000!
    @bekkasan I know she does but I don’t have the download for it not sure where I got it
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    edited August 2019
    @bekkasan thanks. I will try to post more as I struggle to find a good spot for the game to be playable. The good spot I'm looking for is one where the graphics are good enough and the game doesn't lag or crash due to memory issues. With the current graphics it seems a bit laggy. I may have to reduce the graphics a bit. But I'm getting those toddlers trained asap to get a few of them out of there.

The big benefit from sending young sims to the boarding school is getting multiple households trained at once with the plus being sims from different households become friends much more easily if they are living together - you can control them all when they are in the same household. The benefit of this is after they go home they continue to be friends and interact much more often making the entire game more lively. That's why I include townie toddlers, children and teens in my boarding schools.

@Brandontaylor thanks. That wedding photo was from a big wedding I had a few years ago just to get the photos. I had over 50 sims in the one household in an attempt to get the right pictures. I did it, but I destroyed the game in the process. But I did have a backup of the game so I could continue on from just before the wedding - but the bride and groom had to have a private wedding the second time and that's the one they remember. :)

Page 3627

@CravenLestat Really nice job on the bus, it looks like the real thing.

@Silverofdreams30 Looks like Teresa had a lot of fun.
    Well, darn it. I though Finnegan might have liked her.
    Great update!

@rubyskywalker Not sure if anyone told you yet since I'm a bit behind but you have to upload your photos to a image sharing site. I use Imgur for mine to share them here. It's one of the free ones.
    The castle interior set is a nice one for castles. I think I have it, but I'm not sure.

@jonny522 Great update with Ryan and family!

@sassygray5 Lol, yeah it is better than nothing at all. Things will get better for them soon, hopefully.
    I try not to use money cheats anymore. I sometimes do though, depending on what I am doing or if I need to fix something.
    You aren't too far away from me then, if you can call another state as not too far.
    Thanks, I'm glad we did though as the show started at 7PM and I just saw they had a special weather statement issued. Springfield is getting half inch hail, strong winds, and torrential rainfall so it probably got cancelled.

@emorrill Both of them seemed to turn out nicely. The Adam I am using now is similar to the one that was Ava's brother in my other stories.
    It's a nice place, it has a lot of room for things but I may have to reduce some of the lots. Right now there is only the home lot and the garden. All other lots are bare for now.
    Lol, I know. It's bad enough when later generations don't show up as related.
    Thanks, there are more of those to come.
    You're welcome. I actually know some people who are like that.
    I bet someone realized it.
    Yep, they do. They don't have anything else to eat yet.
    Lol, I know. It doesn't even give them any privacy.
    I know what you mean. I can never let Ava suffer, she means too much to me.
    Thanks for the comments!

Page 3628

@emorrill Lol, I've done some of that myself. I always forget about the save draft button though.

@bekkasan That's kind of what we thought. Springfield got a special weather statement issued saying they have hail, strong winds, and torrential rainfall. They also just got issued a flood warning. My part of Illinois is a bit north of that so we only got some rain but tomorrow we have an enhanced chance for severe weather (3 of 5).
    Yep, I agree. Only problem is, there is no library yet, just the home lot and a garden lot.
    I'm glad he didn't turn Hillary into one, I don't have anything to cure her with.
    Yeah, I was almost afraid they'd wet themselves so I made that my next priority after food. A tub or shower is next on the list.
    I'm glad you got the reference. I know some won't if they don't know country music.
    It really was. I already knew they'd like each other since they are basically Hank and Ava still, just opposite gender. They'll have a baby when a crib can be bought.
    Thanks for the comments!
    Looks like Wisteria and Dedric are off to a great start. It's good they share interests.
    Good job, Marshall!
    Jennifer and Alice look like they are enjoying themselves.
    Fun times at the bowling alley.
    Everybody looks happy singing karaoke.
    Great update!

@Karritz You're welcome.
    Wow, I can't imagine 50 Sims in the same household!
    Sounds like it all worked out.

@DeafSimmer I like Dragon Valley as well, although I can't play it right now until I can afford a new computer.
    You're Sims look great!

***All caught up! You may have noticed, but I am putting Elvis GIF's in my signature as this week is Elvis Week 2019 down in Memphis, TN. Elvis passed away August 16th, 1977 (or did he?) so Elvis Week became a tradition and takes place from the 9th to the 16th. My profile picture is his home which is called Graceland and the GIF is from his 1957 movie 'Jailhouse Rock'. Tomorrow, I'll change it to something a bit later in his life. I'll catch up with you all tomorrow, I'm going in game now and hopefully can get Adam and Hillary that shower they so desperately need.
    @Brandontaylor
    Agreed.Royal pain was literally a royal pain XD
    So far no luck, its off to Egypt next.
    Yeah,I think he likes her.
    Adam is a very handsome fairy, I love his wings.

@sassygray5
    Thanks! Its loosely based off of Henry Danger, I just gender swapped the sidekick and changed a few things

@bekkasan
    sister is in some sort of trouble
    but going to china proved nothing.Now its
    Egypt.Yeah he is.He even said "This will probably earn me a smack upside the head" XD

@coco
    Your greenhouse and museum are beautiful!
    I especially love the museum! Ea's idea of museums are so blah to me.XD

@PalmArrow
    Your winter photos are stunning.I especially love the school bus

@bekkasan
    48336545067_55d073d37c_b.jpg
    He's really handsome! I love the home to!

@CravenLestat
    There's a Riverview High School in my town(real life)

68695958_353891558868436_3009790811907817472_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_eui2=AeED5qDRw9-VtGQijhSoOCmDdirnYBYDMlznG3ryXdulbjvX80tKbtgFXwR4DsGQkGC65mX-qjt6UQZ5QE8q07hpP3JPJKpUUNuBNTynGjIy4A&_nc_oc=AQmnafN6wZ7Z1S4_LAtuzpmYx7hCsG6jh9QKIIKimCuHd7cylosyEjkIom6Hub09nAQ&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=90db003710f07bc023583a7cd4d9a9f8&oe=5DD93013
    "I want to use that foot messager Chelsea!" "Its my turn, I stopped Royal Pain, I get to use it first." The two argued for a half hour over the chair.

67895942_353891548868437_3146476183302963200_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_eui2=AeFgaP8ut8m9Mm7WGlEKTZYaV5jA-lfI59IQ8PMPbxOtmF32tmZda1dM7V6dz0fwzJg1l4MllAAXLCbhJRoJXiVCu28etGo_Uc2Qwd8xo21cEg&_nc_oc=AQkCmWW2OAzGpJF-VijeSH-WKYRAMwDRpS4C19jqk2bXJNbmnfmzLFhX-jzLPpULvOk&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=12edd90ea15d50fbf1cd35162b032b1c&oe=5DD96A7E
    Until Darren got tired of it and zapped them both."You two have been driving me insane for a half hour.I'm putting an end to this right now."

67829839_353891638868428_2132426235689566208_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_eui2=AeE47ub83tEd_8lsvUhMhgUqWxU5PuZzZekU40SOubgnWr-nhzBMVLHrlO_1AljrqtpoR3cykDrmfbRn8qLlACreYDWcdqV_TWvWC1Fjl2ytbw&_nc_oc=AQnQLqpsZxqVkwndlck4axe28fSOVrGg3tgcwn0Lt48PbNbIiUt9r0fCq_Su6UGWP5o&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=00362d6d52353fa81a348f85f70fc1ad&oe=5DED1A0D
    "What?!" Chelsea shouted."That's not fair!" Schwarze added."I'm the boss...I get to use it first."
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    pg. 3626
    @king_of_simcity7 Fill up the empty spaces with artwork and plants, that's what I would do :wink: Maybe you could turn it into a sports bar for the guys. Ahh I see why it's not a popular bar now.
    I feel sad for Tammy, it's never nice to feel left out. Sometimes people just drift apart but she might find some happiness in getting closer to Simon.
    @karritz I heard that Plant Sims are clones of the sim that picks them which puts me off, unless I used mods to make them blended genetics of the parents. You have made so many sims over the years. Shirley is pretty. That toadstool table is interesting. Snow is very aptly named :smile: I think I remember Donna. Her freckled skin looks very nice on her. I bet your family tree would dazzle me too. You must have lots of stereos in your house. I hope you can find them all because I would hate to see you get more copyright strikes.
    @PalmArrow Having all those big windows would be great inspiration for painting. Number 3 already! Marisella and George's family is starting to get big. Evangeline is so cute. I hope she makes some good friends at school. Gorgeous winter pictures! I love what you did with the food vendors. Jeremie has an especially interesting face :smiley:
    @bekkasan Wisteria is so used to being by herself that she must be a little overwhelmed by everyone. They are all very nice though and she should feel instantly part of the group. Everyone seems to be recognising Adam lately. More reason to confirm that Adam is Kalion and Nissa's son! Ooh if Wisteria's parents live in the Realm, maybe she can convince them to invite Adam. Aww everyone is paired up and happily in love now. My heart is going to burst :love:
    You cannot hide from me that easy you,you scaredy cat :s Where is the photoshoot with the sim I gave you.
    It's not what it looks like :disappointed: You see, I did do a photoshoot with Laetitia and I meant it when I said that she was gorgeous. But the thing is that I also did another photoshoot with brandontaylor's sim Ava at the same time in front of a pretty flower background. It thought it might be too repetitive if I posted them at the same time, so I will have to think of another background. You wouldn't want me to post something I wasn't happy with right. Right?? That's my explanation and I'm sticking to it so there :tongue::smirk:
    2e91be00757d8bc0b0a9aa44753c61b0.gif

pg. 3627
    @CravenLestat That bus is genius! I would never have thought about having the display case as the engine :open_mouth:
    @meerkattime I wouldn't have chosen insane either but I've been randomising the traits lately just to try something new. That's the face he made when he was talking to himself. His parents were also making out across the room but I don't know if that had anything to do with it :lol: Thank you :heart:
    @Silverofdreams30 I always forget about that water slide. It looks like fun. Finnegan is nice but wow Gavin is pretty! :smile:
    @AbellaKellaher Wow the resort sounds amazing, and how good is it that you don't live that far away. They should implement a rewards system where you get free entrance after so many visits or something. Sounds like a kid's heaven! You did so good on the mermaid tank that I thought it was all one object. I love it! Tiny George is a big guy with a big heart. He probably plays his little violin just to make other people happy. He is absolutely adorable :blush:
    Aw thank you! I'm glad you like it. I'm thinking of putting one of those rabbit hole rugs so sims can take art classes there too. If I had more room I would totally put the sculpting station and the architectural drafting table in. I'm quite happy with the greenhouse even though it's such a simple design. I love windows, so I'm glad in a way it looked kind of realistic :smile:
    @Emily4331 Well you do have a point there :lol::lol:
    @rubyskywalker You need to upload them to a third party website like Flickr or Postimages. Good luck finishing the rest of the mansion, I would love to see pics of that :smile:
    @Brandontaylor Yeah, sometimes the cloudflare thing pops up on the left side and sometimes it takes up the whole page. I wish it would go away for good.
    But who did they sell the book too? :lol: I'm just glad they are a bit warmer now with a fire going. Uh oh worst timing ever for a zombie invasion! To be fair, I think food is a bigger priority than a charisma book. It's a good thing they have no neighbours around to notice them using the toilet. Oh good they have more food now. This challenge seems like fun :smile:
    @jonny522 It's a difficult situation when an innocent person is shot by accident. Judgement could go either way but the fact is that a life was taken when it shouldn't have. Ouch poor Evelyn. Umbrellas can be unlucky sometimes. Her photos look very nice!
    @sassygray5 Thank you! I'm happy that you like it :smiley:
    @emorrill If Michael is the glue that keeps everyone together, I think that's a wonderful underlying message to have. It's so true in real life too. Sometimes we take family for granted but in the end they are the most important thing. Andrea is quite popular with the guys! Even if she can't see it :tongue:
    Aw thank you for the sweet comments. I don't even know why they put Art Galleries in the base game when they are such wastes of space. There is nothing to do there and their attempts at "art" are usually ugly. But it matters to Sun, and she will be spending some time there so I wanted to make it a more exciting and happier place to be in. Sure there's still rooms with nothing to do except view art but that is sort of the point of the place. I'm more excited for her to do some painting and glass blowing there.
    You write at the speed you want to, don't worry about me. It's great that you are feeling so enthusiastic about writing at the moment. You should go with your gut and have fun! :smiley::heart:

pg. 3628
    @emorrill LOL this happens to me too even while writing comments :lol:
    @Brandontaylor Adam's fairy effects are so pretty. I wonder if Hillary is interested in Adam too. I didn't get the reference sorry :lol: Soon they will have lots of plants growing on their lot. Come on Hillary give him a chance :smile:
    @bekkasan Thank you, I got inspiration from some pictures to section the dirt off and I think it works. Unfortunately Artie is going to be crazy. I don't know what to expect from him but I'm sure it will be entertaining :lol: No puddles yet! Fingers crossed the animals stay away :smile:
    Wisteria and Dedric are already acting like an old married couple aww. I love her new outfit! It looks like a nice day to be working outside. Looks like Adam and Marshall both got strikes. Bowling is not an easy skill so Wisteria must be naturally good at it. The mummy bear is too cute. There's heaps of fun things to do at this venue, you did a nice job fitting it out. Pity that some people would rather argue than have a good time. I can't believe they heckled Dedric and Wisteria. I bet fairies have beautiful singing voices! What a happy and fun day. Wisteria shouldn't have her shy moodlet anymore now that she's surrounded by friends :smile:
    @Brandontaylor Thanks for the lovely comments. That sounds really interesting if you were to gender swap every Sunset Valley sim :smile:
    You must be a big Elvis fan! Funny you should mention him. I'm reading a book where he comes back as a vampire :lol:
    @DeafSimmer I hope you enjoy your new save in Dragon Valley. Cute kiss between Discord and Luna! :smile:
    @GraceyManor EA's museums are so boring. I don't know why they bothered putting them in the base game instead of bars or something a little more fun.
    Maybe they should just get three massage chairs so no one has to fight :lol: They must have pouted when Darren sat down instead lol.
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Brandontaylor I tried imgur but couldn't figure out how to use it and get the link to share the pics

Anyone know of a fix for the Showtime Simfest where nobody is performing but people still stay like there is and dance...?

Made progress in the Montoya sisters save. Clifton Hopper is now officially Mr Clifton Hopper-Montoya (I wrote that right, right?)

He's now a Lifeguard. He's already rolled a wish for a baby... any name suggestions?

Also - should I do randomly generated traits for them instead of picking?
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    @emorrill I think it’s just because I feel that I don’t write as well as others.Its my depression and anxiety kicking in

^I understand that sweetie. I really really do. {{{{Hugs}}}}
    But don't sell yourself short. I can sense a great imagination in your writing, even if you can't find all the words to describe it. (Heck I can't even find many of the right words sometimes. :confounded: ) The more you practice the more you'll get better and I can see your growth with each and every post. :star:<3
    Hope you get out of the cloud and into the sunshine very soon. <3

Oooh that Chelsea... *shakes head.* :lol:

@bekkasan Aww, you were super tired (sleep deprived :( ) and that's different. :kissing_heart:
    New chapter again! Woot! :smiley:
    ...and sneaking kisses as their paths cross in the small garden.
    ^I love that! <3
    Yeah you keep working on your sim fu there Marshall. :love:
    Beginner's luck for Wisteria huh? ;)
    The Claaaaw...that makes me think of:
    source.gif
    That looks like a darn fun bowling alley! :grin:
    Those two guys that were arguing were not only je'rks to each other, but je'rks to everyone else. :unamused:
    Yeah! Drown out those hecklers! 🙌
    Marshall's stance in this pic...
    48512330201_3e3e3fb990_b.jpg
    :love:

@Brandontaylor Thanks for all the sweet comments. <3 Hope you find a nice hair on that side for Ava. Bookmark it! ;)
    You could always go through an EA world and buldoze everything and that should fix lag. :)
    Ooooh, I had a feeling romance was going to be blossoming. :smirk:
    The Save Draft button is my FRIEND! :lol:

@DeafSimmer Ok Luna's dress ROCKS! :smiley:

@coco The cat and banana gif! :lol: Nom nom!
    Andrea is quite popular with the guys! Even if she can't see it :tongue:
    ^Well you know what they say: The girls who aren't looking for love (or aren't desperate for it) always get the guys. ;)
    That was a sad truth when I was single! Ugh! Because all the guys I liked flocked to those girls and it drove me CRAZY! :confounded:
    There is nothing to do there and their attempts at "art" are usually ugly.
    ^Ditto!
    Thanks sweetie. :kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Page 3628

@GraceyManor I'm guessing the media called her Royal Pain first, I can't imagine her naming herself that, lol.
    Chelsea's sisters kidnappers sure don't mess around.
    Thanks, I think those are some of my favorite wings and I like that color for them. It's also the same color I used for Ava.
    Lol at Schwarze and Chelsea arguing over the foot massager.
    I'm glad Darren pulled the boss card.
    Great update!

@coco I thought my computer was acting up so I quit feedback that day, didn't think to refresh.
    They sold it to me, I guess. :D
    Lol, I know. I forgot and left my moon stage on full moon when I wanted it to rotate. First night is not a good time.
    Yeah, really. I'd hate to use the bathroom where the neighbors could see.
    It is pretty fun. I'm kind of just basing it off the challenges I've seen but also doing my own thing.
    They really are nice. I wanted to make them look like Ava's but for Adam instead.
    She is, she was just denying it at the moment. One of her traits is non-commital or whatever it is.
    It's okay, it was a reference to a country song by Maddie and Tae of the same name as the dialogue.
    They sure will, and that means more money.
    You're welcome.
    I want to do it, although it may be some time before everyone gets switched. The bad thing is I don't have much content so I have to make do with what I have to make them over once their gender is switched.
    I am. I know he died before I was even born but I've just been fascinated with his life and music.

@rubyskywalker Okay, I can walk you through it. First of all, when you go to Imgur, you will see new post in the left hand corner. Click that and it will bring up a box. Click choose photo/video or you can drag photo's to it from your picture files on your computer. Once that is done, your photo is uploaded to Imgur. Then, click your username in the right hand corner and select images. This will show you all the pictures you have uploaded. Click the photo you want to share here. When you do, you will see your picture as well as a bunch of different links with a copy button to the right of all of them. Click copy on the one that says direct link. This is an example of what will be copied: https://i.imgur.com/HUJhIGC.jpg
    Next, when you come to the forums, you can click the image button above where you type and paste the link there or you can type [img][/img] and paste your link between it like picturelink
    Might not be the best explanation but hope it helps you.

@emorrill I didn't get your tag this time but I always end up reading everything anyway so I never miss out.
    You're welcome, I did bookmark that page. I took a quick look but will look better tomorrow.
    I've been working on doing that with Sunset Valley. I annihilated all the townies and tore down some houses. I still like to keep community lots where they are normally located.
    Lol, yeah romance is in the air in Deery Meadows. I had a bit of a setback though, which you'll see in a bit. Nothing serious, just annoying is all.

Adam and Hillary: Half day update

vsTCcNR.jpg
    Like usual, Adam and Hillary got up like they do every morning but today Adam didn't shoo Hillary away while he used the toilet. They are romantic interests now so it doesn't matter now.

gm6Pdcd.jpg
    This is a bit of the town from up above. I'll be eventually putting the city hall near the water tower. The home lot is across from that, although you can't really see anything of it this high up.

9QdGAD9.jpg
    I forgot to leave fish in the inventory for breakfast so Adam had to go fishing while being a bit hungry.

L1ZMz3K.jpg
    The toilet has only been used about 4 times since I bought it but somehow Hillary broke it. I guess she's going to learn how to fix it now.

CXDTueg.jpg
    While her friend was fishing, Hillary tended her garden. She can only water plants at this stage but she hit level 3 while doing so and can now weed the plants. In the background, you can just barely see Adam fishing.

Q99JH1e.jpg
    The couple was just short of buying the cheapest shower so I sold the extra fish to buy it, as well as some free wallpaper to cover the walls of the bathroom. Both Adam and Hillary enjoyed their fish while I did so.

sEKsc7Y.jpg
    Hillary wanted to show Adam that she is actually interested in him so she gave him an amorous hug.
    Hillary: I do care about you Adam, I'm hoping you feel the same.

6euVAVq.jpg
    And apparently he does, because they found their way to the shower after that for some steamy woohoo.

AIrXkVY.jpg
    I had to send Adam back to fish some more so while he was doing that, Hillary was fixing the toilet she broke. She gained her first handiness skill point after doing so.

***It's 11:00 pm so I'm headed to bed for the night. Hope everyone has a great day/night and happy simming!
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @rubyskywalker Imgur is my go-to. No image upload limit and no silly watermarks.

@GraceyManor First thing that comes to mind with that hair is that CAS and Live Mode aren't using the same Lod (level of detail) and the creator of the hairstyle didn't make sure to put a mesh for any Lods lower than ultra or something. So, basically, the game is trying to put the texture from the bun onto the mesh of whatever hairstyle mesh was left in the lower lods, which is why it looks mostly transparent and broken up.

That, at least, is what I think is going on. I typically only put in high level of detail on the clothing I convert, because I believe the game only uses the lower Lods when it doesn't matter (when you're super zoomed out and when the game is rendering objects) but I think hairstyles might have like an Ultra Lod and a High Lod. Ultra used on the highest settings and in CAS, and High on...any settings under the highest? :lol: Again, I'm not sure. Hair is a different beast so I could be completely wrong.

If you can, you should post a picture of the hairstyle's thumbnail in CAS. It might help find the creator.
  • jonny522jonny522 Posts: 179 Member
    4h3FGg3.jpg
    xXR4A7q.jpg
    Mona is starting her technology degree, she now has to do a dissertation to complete for her undergraduate.
    SRfdvcg.jpg
    HR8AvqA.jpg
    Crwf5PK.jpg
    xhN03WH.jpg
    Besides her classes she also has to write her thesis, complete research, and talk with her professor who's keeping an eye on her work.
    yuI7kDG.jpg
    Plus upgrading a fireplace.
    fCMZO81.jpg
    zOE0O81.jpg
    The day before her exam she finally completes her thesis "Explosive Residue on Plant Material, a warning and potential". Congratulations Mona, you've completed your first paper.
    fLPNwgj.jpg
    I always hated taking exams in the Gym, but Mona has to take her Quantum Chemistry exam there so here it goes.
    xDJPc0T.jpg
    Mona reading her thesis.
    np0sItj.jpg
    And another A, she's completed her Technology degree.
    vmyC4nV.jpg
    "Hi Dad, yeah how are you? The exam? Well I knocked it out of the park"
    OfpUbis.jpg
    8P16Kpv.jpg
    A degree and she finally gets to go home, congratulations Mona.
    If you can, you should post a picture of the hairstyle's thumbnail in CAS. It might help find the creator
    My graphics are set to ultra except for water.But its no biggie I just changed the hairstyle.I knew it was weird when she wore it, I just didn't want to miss that photo op,.
    67807851_353929935531265_4325422913390903296_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQnDR_1hJL2Yz3zhUXBWerLtK1cENCy_lZB2_yCWZ7yzdEP3VJOY29D9U2G4td5Pq7E&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=4d46ae8f08882d31167dc8e3efae50cd&oe=5DEB2977
    "What do you mean I won't be going with you to Egypt Chelsea?" "I gotta do this on my own Darren, its my sister and whatever these people are up to, it involves me."

68264743_353929952197930_4730007939320905728_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQktKAsYYkduQjRG57JvSl6oVvB2O5rkDa_V_MbYISlCJU-Ip1ckRpJ0JeA_saZ5dTM&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=aba87bc5d1f4b098e83f9f00d8dba5a5&oe=5DE7B149
    "And me? We're partners Chelsea.We do things together." "Not this time."

68642631_353930042197921_5585674306400026624_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQm18IZJW5ppCiGy9tlmcZabIAIX925fiz_FBGfZC7R4323RVZcW8whP-qwhUhG_d7M&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=ce84f0358a27db810c751bf9d9cd27dc&oe=5DE0938B
    "I don't understand why?" "Neither do I" Schrwaze added."You're not just my sidekick Chelsea, you're my friend.I want to help." "If you're my friend Darren, then let me do this...by myself.." "I.....Okay."

68643510_353930048864587_1582402991367913472_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQnMyUtQdyqw3QVE3i0Sd-pi1Jj-FSyX7yGYdV-bP9pB80UPs8qCjqqyWeC9o0_eg60&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=a23b2747a33aa46c65c1c4a943f9e0c2&oe=5DDC652B
    "Just be careful." He pulled her in for a hug."Alright....Darren you can let go now." "Not yet.."
    (I know the pose player is in the background, I forgot to delete that XD)

68669969_353930028864589_1423956837455101952_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQmdikPXiGoJ2Vg7NXJJpG1RyU01LVgLg3QBLwAlkdXQH-DDXeox1VUtM_IREF57grY&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=4aa7c876f5413cf84fc903f89197510f&oe=5DCCFDC7
    Arriving in Egypt.
  • jonny522jonny522 Posts: 179 Member
    @Brandontaylor Yes, the fire department unfortunately took way too long to respond, costing most of the kitchen, I was honestly surprised that all of them survived, I know for certain that wouldn't have been the case in Sims 1. But that reminds me of the sound effects during that, uhhhh(shivers). That game had 2 modes, success and happiness, and scare your kids witless so they behave in future.

@bekkasan Agree, can't be too harsh on Private D though, how many 18 year olds would not freak out in that situation? Evelyn was lucky, or unlucky how you look at it.

@coco Yeah, I personally feel for Private D, anyone can panic. But the Journalist was also very unlucky, the way that life goes I suppose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @sassygray5 Thanks for the comment :smile:

@Brandontaylor Thanks for the feedback :smile:

@bekkasan It is the working man's club. A dull place!

@coco Thanks for the comments :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Some outtakes from yesterday:

Woops

68987546_10156503241961497_1627535632995713024_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_eui2=AeF4PXWzgCVv8HGBbOcOJWLiLq3pK6YsTaxZ7k6V80quhX4kUS11G9RBWVg0FP48Jx5tHOYvuMSkNWIt_qFRbXp8G-Ag5LADictXoNW5VjidlQ&_nc_oc=AQne60NWFeVxImK46W9AZ24CxMfCXVAsQrdBlcUnsp0zaqGePG4R3vjd_aznEUMKq2jpyHMjlQD-wT4wFoBJ7jxJ&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=0f71411b17ceac538fec6258c7fee161&oe=5DD4F05F

68582214_10156503241996497_2050380510521196544_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_eui2=AeEFhEjFO2um5zf8868GuaqJ1TdQO4KRR0jFQiG57--8t6mh108SxaFkKKHbwjB2hLBJsZ_d7Vr-RaivHOchUHR8d9i0v60BX43BNzwymmVadw&_nc_oc=AQkQgiGVHbsENYIx5uhGBPPND0FpRzuqsR5Fbr0-xFc6_Y_UgfqkBs7QVRYwT_LkMrJlMlNTxw6F7-yHBNxEa76_&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=685e6b6a23dfd0e667f4fe96d524a609&oe=5DDB71D9

That horse again

67929918_10156503241736497_5029578665516597248_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_eui2=AeFDZvoaUhJi0OvjNEKUeEFe_XyxhWhdraIPuao3muOPjjClUDC4V5Xkwkhu9Ag3nu1FPEf64oNMAp6Gz9_grgsuDabqGtiLqIPCJ8aQQ32Zpg&_nc_oc=AQlWt5076cWq1vsv_aFI55bwqxvNJFWR8YO-Ga8JFTkp6prT7YXIrLZPuxkEKS1RPL8A67BaOs0fGGGqhwjAVJbN&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=4a7d23d62d130a79f2b800ad37e0d296&oe=5DD5DC7F
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top