Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like to see CAW For sims 4?

Does anyone other then myself want a create a world tool for the sims 4, as someone who's already been trying to edit the sims 4 .world files, I find it tedious and tiring, it's do-able but would be made so much easier with a CAW tool. what's your opinion on this? do you want it, so you could use it yourself, do you not want it at all? do you even think a CAW tool will be released at all?

Would you like to see CAW For sims 4? 96 votes

Yes I want it for myself (I am a modder)
7%
alexspoom13AlrynnbizuktagaldavorcheescaeksGordyLexiBai 7 votes
yes I want it, I'd like too try it
43%
auroraael14PlayerSinger2010IrdiwenMariefoxprice83DJQ1308Hestia12JEREMIAGorgeoiousModseyIvyeyedDoloresGreyadele_katChadSims2AvianatorEnkiSchmidtjames64468calipossRedShoe7TheRedLionJemmaTheSimmer 42 votes
No I dont want it, I like Sims 4 worlds as they are
4%
friendlysimmersrobyngraveselelunicyThemrsg4422 4 votes
no I dont want it I would never use it
2%
mock68CAITLINX354 2 votes
maybe/maybe not, I personally wont use it but others might and I'd like to see their creations
19%
Akl500PicmnfrshIsb917simgirl1010loubylouloujcp011c2jude72plaMaggieMarleyHermitgirlLiELFEvie0602ListentoToppDoggDreamCytchernerdfashionSimmyFroggyamber_ilumirePrink34320V2MorkovkaEefje96 19 votes
heck yeh I want it! We need more sims 4 worlds we dont have enough!
22%
IceyJWritin_RegCorkysPetalssimmietimetaydevpixiejuiceMoonfoxNightcrywormstache999TomaTeriAgustín CornejoAntonEnderGamer87JPNekoASingleFluffySockCharlotta11simms745Lady_BalloraPatriceMaddieplaysgamesTheShadowSageSim 22 votes

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited August 2019
    You've missed out maybe/maybe not, I'll probably use/try it if they give it to us.

I never thought I'd use it in Sims 3 but did.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i'd love to have a create a world tool. what i really want is being able to edit current worlds and add more lots in, particularly that one neighborhood in del sol valley where 4 more lots could easily fit in
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    Someone created a mod that allows you to place objects outside of the lots. It's called T.O.O.L. People have used it to make amazing, lively neighborhoods.

1.jpe?token-time=1566691200&token-hash=8bDhXws3hUvHIl2cNIMv2UEa2TW2BDRJt7hzyNpaBq8%3D

Imagine being able to do this, but officially. It's the absolute bare minimum when it comes to world customization, but that alone gives us more options. I can see there being a CAW tool that expands on something like that. Maybe we could one day add and remove lots. There are definitely some huge lots I wouldn't mind turning into several smaller lots.

But creating a whole world from scratch? I can't see them doing that at this point. I want to believe that CAW is possible in the Sims 4 (and that it will be implemented, despite worlds being one of the main reasons why people even buy packs). Or, at the very least, they make extra worlds that we could buy separately. It would be a dream come true, honestly.
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    gemjas wrote: »
    Someone created a mod that allows you to place objects outside of the lots. It's called T.O.O.L. People have used it to make amazing, lively neighborhoods.
    I just used TOOL to play around with it and I put brazenlotus' usuable RVs over the RVs in Strangerville just for functionality and I already love it. Just putting simple functional objects throughout the neighborhood makes the game more enjoyable for me. So yes, I would love a CAW tool, especially one with the option to edit existing worlds. Not even just for different saves but as my sims change/age over time so should the world around them

tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    How would it work though? How would the game know where the sub neighborhood begins and end, where the loading screen is, where the backdrop belongs? Having a closed world makes it kinda hard vs the open world TS3 has.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    maybe/maybe not, I personally wont use it but others might and I'd like to see their creations
    I’m not a builder and wouldn’t use it personally. But I do download things from the gallery and it would be great if we could download worlds that others had created, as we do lots and households (I realise this would be asking a lot though). Even if the gallery feature wasn’t implemented, simmers could still share their savesv(along with their new worlds) by other means.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    This vote is closest to how I feel. Really I'm not even sure I'd like to try out other's work. I really get frustrated with play testing lots as it is. I have a feeling it would be much worse play testing a world.
    That said if they ever made it possible I know there are simmers out there that would love to have this available to them so if it ever comes I'll be happy for you all.
    egTcBMc.png

1.jpe?token-time=1566691200&token-hash=8bDhXws3hUvHIl2cNIMv2UEa2TW2BDRJt7hzyNpaBq8%3D

Imagine being able to do this, but officially. It's the absolute bare minimum when it comes to world customization, but that alone gives us more options. I can see there being a CAW tool that expands on something like that. Maybe we could one day add and remove lots. There are definitely some huge lots I wouldn't mind turning into several smaller lots.

But creating a whole world from scratch? I can't see them doing that at this point. I want to believe that CAW is possible in the Sims 4 (and that it will be implemented, despite worlds being one of the main reasons why people even buy packs). Or, at the very least, they make extra worlds that we could buy separately. It would be a dream come true, honestly.

oh wow that looks beautiful, i messed around with the mod a bit but found it to frustrating since its not draggable but instead you gotta place numbers to move around on a grid which was a little frustrating. neat, but frustrating.

i'd love for this to be an official tool in the game.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited August 2019
    @cheescaeks, actually you can move objects without x,y coordinates. You simply click “toggle active object” and then shift click to where you want the object to be and then click “move active object here” which will move the object. Once you move the object to where you want it off the lot, shift click and select “toggle active object” again so it can be used or seen.

There are videos on Youtube if you need further instruction. Here is a video of Iron Seagull showing you how to move objects without coordinates.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NFrmwNNlnRo
    HimRumi wrote: »
    @cheescaeks, actually you can move objects without x,y coordinates. You simply click “toggle active object” and then shift click to where you want the object to be and then click “move active object here” which will move the object. Once you move the object to where you want it off the lot, shift click and select “toggle active object” again so it can be used or seen.

There are videos on Youtube if you need further instruction. Here is a video of Iron Seagull showing you how to move objects without coordinates.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NFrmwNNlnRo

oh nice! thanks!
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Yes, I'd like to have that. Hopefully someday we will have something like that in game. :)

I really liked to create/edit worlds in The Sims 2, and was not too happy to found out that it wasn't possible in The Sims 4. But I have been hopeful that someday we might get that in this game too.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    jj_____ wrote: »
    Yes, I'd like to have that. Hopefully someday we will have something like that in game. :)

I really liked to create/edit worlds in The Sims 2, and was not too happy to found out that it wasn't possible in The Sims 4. But I have been hopeful that someday we might get that in this game too.

The Sims 4 should be able to let us build. If an indie game can let us build our own world then why not an AAA game? I miss the Sims 3 era when they are akl out into giving the community the tools.

I would rather take CAW rather than CAS Stories

Please let us build. This is the only thing I want in the game. Building my own world and living my own fantacies
  • LexiBaiLexiBai Posts: 29 Member
    How would it work though? How would the game know where the sub neighborhood begins and end, where the loading screen is, where the backdrop belongs? Having a closed world makes it kinda hard vs the open world TS3 has.

too that I would say check out this link, I personally would change some things but the idea is there. https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/44cxs7/how_custom_worlds_could_be_implemented_in_the/
    edited August 2019

Thank you so much for showing us this! I was unaware that this mod existed
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Yes!!

I want to make worlds that feel like whatever I want, the way I could in other sims iterations. I want to be able to build an Aussie coastal town full of eucalyptus trees and parklands, or a suburban neighbourhood with sports fields and a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 pond. I want my lots to be close together so I can see my neighbours houses - no isolated like they feel in otherwise beautiful towns like Brindleton and

I’m definitely giving TOOL a go - it looks spectacular!
    Yes!!

I want to make worlds that feel like whatever I want, the way I could in other sims iterations. I want to be able to build an Aussie coastal town full of eucalyptus trees and parklands, or a suburban neighbourhood with sports fields and a plum pond. I want my lots to be close together so I can see my neighbours houses - no isolated like they feel in otherwise beautiful towns like Brindleton and

I can relate, I'm also Australian, we need an Australian worlds haha :D
    LexiBai wrote: »
    Yes!!

I want to make worlds that feel like whatever I want, the way I could in other sims iterations. I want to be able to build an Aussie coastal town full of eucalyptus trees and parklands, or a suburban neighbourhood with sports fields and a plum pond. I want my lots to be close together so I can see my neighbours houses - no isolated like they feel in otherwise beautiful towns like Brindleton and

I can relate, I'm also Australian, we need an Australian worlds haha :D

would be neat to see kangaroos and large spiders in a sim world lol
  • TheShadowSageSimTheShadowSageSim Posts: 30 Member
    I never use the sims 3 caw tool but that was because I didn't need to since the worlds were huge and additional lots could be dragged right in and placed anywhere, even off road, however with the small sizes for the sims 4 worlds I would definitely use it all of the time so it would be awesome to have, though I doubt we will ever get one
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I never made my own world with CAW, but I downloaded other's amazing creations, so yes. I'd love to have such a tool to explore worlds the community would share.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I'm not always super adept with things like this but I'd still love a chance to play around with some sort of CAW tool, and I'd be even more excited to see what amazing things other simmers are able to create! Gonna check out T.O.O.L. now, it looks awesome!
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    I'd love it too, but they'd have to rename it CABW to differentiate (Create A Bugged World).... :wink:
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member

Whoa, never knew this existed! It's far from CAW, but it's something! I've always wanted to fill the empty park space in Newcrest, and other spaces that were as big as lots, but devoid of...anything. Thanks for posting T.O.O.L.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Besides cars and preteens CAW is the top feature I want to see I just hate the worlds we have now and how a style is forced in all of them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I never used CAW for any of the other games. I downloaded it once when it first came out for TS3, but every time I tried to make something with it the whole thing either froze, glitched out or crashed my computer completely, so I just sort of gave up on it. I can see a TS4 being absolutely riddled with bugs and I'm not sure how it would work without the open world?

So I'm not really hoping for CAW. But at the same time I know it's something a lot of players want it. It'd be cool to see what others could do with it (if it worked).
  • pnr8555pnr8555 Posts: 18 Member
    It would be good for me. So far, we have too much waters and seas, so some types of lot designs might not answer this question.