Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    I'd like to add one thing regarding the family pic I posted up there. It's probably just pure chance, but when the babies came, I decided to give them traits that at least partially represent their parents. Two of them got Jamie's "Virtuoso" trait - I didn't realize how disruptive that trait is at that point. The two "Virtuoso" kids are in the column below Jamie, and I find it funny that they are the two that more resemble her.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Turjan What aspect of the virtuoso trait do you find disruptive? I play a lot of virtuoso sims and have a mod that stops sims from stopping to watch them play. It also stops them from being able to play for tips but I don't like that aspect of the game anyway. I am now wondering if there are ways to tune the virtuoso traits with Nraas Retuner. I recently tuned out or toned down a lot of things that I have read can be annoying with brooding sims.
    edited August 2019
    @Mikezumi The "everyone stops what they are doing to watch the virtuoso play" is one of the points, yes. It even manages to get the kids out of bed when they have nearly completely red energy bars, which then results in them being completely tired in the morning and want to sleep instead of going to school. Then there's the "it's 4 am, I'm well rested and let's practice the drums" aspect. Preferably next to the bed of the siblings/parents/husband/kids. You can't even cancel the action before everyone is awake and got up. There's also no possibility to tell the virtuoso to leave the room. The player has to move them out.

Then there's the time when Marcus and Jamie had babies and toddlers, all four at once more or less. Jamie did absolutely nothing at that stage autonomously. The only way to make her do something was to tell her to teach the kids something or put the crib next to her bed. If the crying baby woke her up, she would change diapers etc. When she was playing an instrument, she certainly registered the crying kids, but never reacted to them. For all the bad traits Marcus had at that point of the game, he still did all the baby/toddler care autonomously, without the need for being pushed. When the toddlers aged up, Jamie was at "acquaintance" with three of them, just one where I made her do most of the teaching was at "friend". And the toddler stage is 45 days in my game, to put it into perspective.

Of course, all of that changed when the kids aged up to "child", when she quickly got friendly with most of the children, except the oldest son for some reason, but it was certainly super annoying up to that point. She still wakes everyone up at night nowadays though, and so do the two kids with the trait. I even locked some of the bedroom doors for some them.
    @Turjan That sounds downright annoying! My virtuoso sims don't behave like that and I play on high free will and let them do as they want most of the time. Of course, I don't give them drums or portable keyboards so that might make a difference. When I do have drums I usually place them in a room that isn't a bedroom and they only play them there. The ones with guitars in their inventories do play a fair bit but their partners usually interrupt them before too long.

Jamie probably developed better friendships with the kids once they were children because they listened to her playing not necessarily because she made any effort to make friends with them.

I mostly direct my sims to skill their toddlers but they will do it on their own if there are no distractions because I have a mod that makes it more likely for them to do it and which increases the fun factor. As for picking up the kids and playing with them, mine mostly do it autonomously.

Do you just have your grown ups sleep until they are well rested or do you drag the sleep box to make them sleep until whatever time they would need to get to work on time? Because my sims are self employed mine goes until 6am.
    The type of instrument doesn't really matter. They can wake everyone up with their play if they are in the same room. As you use the same house at the moment, it's certainly good that there is so much space on the ground floor, which helps a bit with the problem. The first day we moved there, Carla (the teen that looks like Jamie) went at 4 am into the boys' bedroom and played the guitar. That was very considerate towards her sister, I guess.

With Jamie, the friendship gain through music certainly plays a role, but even a few talks made the "same trait" boni kick in, which helped a lot, especially with her fellow virtuosi. "Talk about music" also yields double gains. As an aside, Jamie has a second trait that makes her bad with toddlers, Party Animal.

Regarding sleep management, on the epic scale that I use you see very clearly that you usually have to push sims only a few times until they get into some routine. If everything's going normally, all of them get up when they have to, all teens do their homework (some of the IF's took a bit longer, but they all got to that point), and the only thing I have to do is push them to bed on Sunday evenings, or with the virtuosi, I just have to cancel their playing to get everyone to bed.

Marcus has full motive control at this point, anyway. Technically, he doesn't need to sleep, eat, talk to anyone, play games, use the bathroom or whatever I forgot anymore. Supernatural is a slightly broken expansion in this regard. With the new gardening slave plumbot, this got even easier.
  • korsetkorset Posts: 398 Member

Paxx married Carmen from OL (mini makeover)
    TMpkzIT.jpg

their son Zyre
    YWyMDoc.jpg

i have no clue where his eye color comes from
    @Mikezumi such a cutie
    @korset Zyre is a cutie! :) Have you had a sneak peek at how he will grow up?
    I believe I recently installed a mod that stops random eye colour. I didn't mind if the kids got a different eye colour if it is was natural looking but some of the preset eye colours are downright unnatural and not for me! :#
    edited August 2019
    @Mikezumi he is the best looking sim born in this family lol his lips i'm jealous
    BiOaIOQ.jpg

as a girl
    C9rDQxd.jpg

i may use him as a founder for perfect genetics challenge
    Baby #2 will be born in my save tomorrow :) I can't wait to see what he/she looks like!
    Kier was born this morning :) He's very different to Rian and mostly favours River.
    48499685126_95ab806252_o.jpg
    48499856832_9dfebc3750_o.jpg
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    This is one of the families from a "Fallout Shelter"-like household I've been playing. They are currently trapped underground with about eight other families.

Top left: Tatum Fournier, youngest son from a 100 babies challenge I once quit. Top right: Kira Leann, a Sim I made to play a "mean girl" in a University story once. Bottom left and right: their daughter Kiernan, who seems to have only inherited her dad's eyes and eyebrow angle, thank God.

erSBHfP.png
    9d9hOnJ.png
    @Archivist Kiernan turned out really pretty! I imagine you would have been concerned that she might inherit his nose but it probably wouldn't have been too bad because female noses are so much smaller than their male counterpart.
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    @Mikezumi Yes, I was quite terrified of that, haha. I do expect the genes in this vault to get less photogenic as more generations pass, but Tatum's Robert De Niro looking mug reincarnating at the first opportunity would just not be ideal. :lol:
    9d9hOnJ.png
    @Archivist Good thing you didn't get a clone of Tatum then! ;)
    I was greatly relieved that my boys had two sons because neither looks any good as a female :D Having said that, I just moved them to a new world and am thinking they could have a couple more kids now I no longer have lag so there's a good chance they could have a daughter or two :p
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited August 2019
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Rian just aged up to child :)
    48516009247_4fdbbe825b_o.jpg

Congrats to Rian! Also where do you get some of your cc? I do know your simself's hair is pack-based and her top is store content. :)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    edited August 2019
    @HillyBeth Thank you :)
    You need to be more specific. I have been gathering CC since the game came out so unless I know what you are looking for I really can't help.
    As for my SS's top, the original is store content but I had to get elder conversions of it and the the rest of her clothing.
    @HillyBeth Thank you :)
    You need to be more specific. I have been gathering CC since the game came out so unless I know what you are looking for I really can't help.
    As for my SS's top, the original is store content but I had to get elder conversions of it and the the rest of her clothing.

The blonde hair in your siggy and the brunette in your siggy. I think that's Ian Somerhaulder, on the right of your simself?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @HillyBeth The dark hair will probably be easy to find since I only downloaded it in the last year. I believe it was a TS4 conversion. The blonde hair could be problematic because it is old and I vaguely recall someone looking for it recently without luck.
    @HillyBeth The dark hair will probably be easy to find since I only downloaded it in the last year. I believe it was a TS4 conversion. The blonde hair could be problematic because it is old and I vaguely recall someone looking for it recently without luck.

Yikes on the blonde hair. Okay for the dark hair :)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @HillyBeth The blonde hair is Ginko H'Ghar. The version I use is long gone. Now you are armed with the name you can hunt around for a retexture as I am sure there will be some. I don't have the time to do it for you.
    edited August 2019
    @HillyBeth The blonde hair is Ginko H'Ghar. The version I use is long gone. Now you are armed with the name you can hunt around for a retexture as I am sure there will be some. I don't have the time to do it for you.

That was easy and fast! Got the retexture! Thanks!
    Edit: And now I'm on a cc shopping spree. LOL!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays