Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you add a laundry room in your house/apartment ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,177 Member
Hi,

Maxis built several houses since Laundry Day Stuff was released but the laundry room is always missing.

So I would like to know if you build or not this room in your residential lots.

Edit: By "Sometimes" I want to mean the "Often" choice too

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Do you add a laundry room in your house/apartment ? 246 votes

Always
22%
Akl500Pauroraael14CK213catmom1987LeGardePourpreGalacticGalAnnie2008SommoreButtaSimburianbandcampsquirrelsimgirl1010friendlysimmersJestTruNRoweSxcDannii202VuloriLizzychicagoSimGuruGrahamSimplyJenHestia 56 votes
Sometimes
43%
Frn0731Nh6650IcewolfIceyJstoryyBlkBarbiegalHowGreatThouArtstarrling33Montrase102mcruddjoelygirlsims2huandlukeekee53StrangerthanMizz_TriceyPipersfun2SimQueenie9invisiblgirlshanls96alanmichael1 107 votes
Rarely
17%
Kita5399SandySimalexspoom13overonAlrynnIsb917BloosmooelanorbretonMindofyChanty25SPARKY1922davina1221EchovapapertongueBlueSeaWavesEmmaVaneLoriTSpSelinaKylescatitude5fiercephoenix91 44 votes
Never
15%
Bluebeard45PlayerSinger2010SleepycatDSLWritin_RegCorkysPetalsshokoroseMeteoraStormmock68BluelleHumility925BabykittyjadefullspiralLindsaySeddon1Lemon405NetzspannungMaggieMarleyAngelEb95QueenMercyKathykinsWintermist_SWE 39 votes

Comments

• MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    edited August 2019
    Rarely
    My fascination with the pack wore off pretty soon, and laundry became the most annoying chore :/
    Even if I put washing machine or washtub in the house, I usually don't allocate a special room for it.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Sometimes
    It depends on the size of the house. Most of the larger houses I build have a separate laundry room. The smaller ones usually have the washer/dryer in one of the bathrooms or some convenient corner in the house.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I don't have the pack but would probably build a designated room if I do get it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,177 Member
    Always
    I don't have the pack but would probably build a designated room if I do get it.

You don't reserve a space for later ?
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Sometimes
    For me it depends on the size of the house (in tiny builds there's usually no room) and sometimes I just don't feel like it. But I've been adding it regularly, even gone back to builds I did before I had the pack and added the items.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member

You don't reserve a space for later ?

No, there was a time when I was dead set against all SPs. I also start and stop saves a lot.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Always
    I say always but there have been times where I haven’t added one, but 85 percent of the time I do have one in my houses and apartments. I like the sense of realism. Sometimes it’s not it’s own room though if I can’t fit it.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Sometimes
    I usually build a laundry NOOK but it depends on the household and home.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    edited August 2019
    I used to back during The Sims 1 (with custom objects, obviously), but these days I go far more for functionality in my homes and usually ignore the realistic touches like toilet paper or dryers.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Sometimes
    If I have laundry in my game (and I don't, yet), then yes, I add a laundry room or, sometimes if the space is there, add it to the kitchenin a premade house. If I am building, I will build it in.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sometimes
    i sometimes just put the machines in the bathroom or in the kitchen.
    generally, i don't like laundry. but since we have it, it feels wrong if i don't include it.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Never
    I play with laundry in about one third of my households, but the concept of a dedicated laundry room is strange to me. In the families with large enough houses to accomodate a laundry room I do not bother with laundry gameplay anymore. It's something I reserve for my poor (where it is another challenge) and middle class (for realism) sims.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Rarely
    Only if I am ambitious enough and want to add a frustrating challenge.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Sometimes
    Sometimes I don’t have space to add a whole laundry room so I’ll just put the washer/dryer stackable somewhere in a common area or even in the bathroom.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sometimes
    I like to add laundry to my sims homes but sometimes they just don't have the space for it.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Sometimes
    most builds i do has a laundry room
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Sometimes
    I don't have that pack yet, but I'm gonna buy it when I can.. I was waiting for it to be in physical bundle pack (1 GP + 2 SP), but seem like they don't make those anymore. :/ But yes, I pretty much always have room/space for laundry stuff. I also edited my previous lots to have that room/space after it was confirmed that that kind of pack was coming.
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Sometimes
    I wanted ro like that pack, but as a family player with huge families, it's just annoying. Too much laundry to do, not to speak about all the fixing because the washer and dryer break often.

For the realism I love it, I wish a CC creator would make all the laundry day items as decorative items. I love the look of them but I don't always want the functionality.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Never
    I tried having laundry for my sims, but it quickly became an overwhealming chore. I don't care how much my sims want those infernal machines (or their off-grid counterparts), they're not getting them.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Never
    I tried it once, but a washer or dryer seemed to be breaking every day so I stopped.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Sometimes
    I usually build a laundry room if they have the money for it.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Sometimes
    I sometimes do, but I'll usually put the washer/dryer in one of the bathrooms OR sometimes in an area within the kitchen.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Rarely
    I said rarely however in one storyline in the Strangerville world with a bunch of misfits living in one lot as roomies I find them having to do the laundry quite soothing :)
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sometimes
    When I'm playing, I never actually use a washer/dryer because laundry is a pain in the rear.

When I'm building, however, I usually put in a laundry room, or leave space where I imagine a washer/dryer could go. Laundry Day was the pack people voted on, so people must like it, so I shall build laundry rooms for others!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Sometimes
    Simsandra wrote: »
    I wanted ro like that pack, but as a family player with huge families, it's just annoying. Too much laundry to do, not to speak about all the fixing because the washer and dryer break often.

For the realism I love it, I wish a CC creator would make all the laundry day items as decorative items. I love the look of them but I don't always want the functionality.

Or even better (just because not everyone uses CC) to be able to have an option for doing laundry in game, in a way that you can choose if you want that game play feature on/off so you will be able to just use those items as decorative if you want. That option could be in those objects to choose or in game settings like some others are.