Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Dynamic Developers - Weekly Build Challenges

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Growfruit Bedroom Bliss is a lovely growfruit themed bedroom! @coolsim9999999 :) The growfruit room shape, green colour scheme, and the bubbles textured walls look great! Very nice layout and furnishing of the bedroom! Very nice sitting area where the Sims can sit and chat , with the pretty butterflies on the wall and the growfruit on the table! It is great there is a pet area in the room. Very lovely bed area! The green lava lamps on the bedside tables, green trees mural on the bedhead wall, green crystal and the growfruit and eggs on the shelving look great! The enlarged growfruit on the drawers looks great! It is nice a growfruit is growing in a planter in the room. The mosaic floor tiling is very nice.
    Your Michelle and Billie sims are very nice! :) They capture the growfruit theme well! Their green coloured outfits look great!
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @coolsim9999999 Your room is fabulous! It even seems to glow. I love it!
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    @lsnishi

Your apple themed bedroom is awesome! The artwork is beautiful and I love the red, brown, and green color scheme! The apple tree rug design you did looks amazing! I love all the apple artwork too! This is a perfect bedroom for Michelle and Billie!

@AlJay

Your watermelon themed patio is super cute! I love the watermelon shape of the patio! The bushes around the patio look great with the red wood flooring! Using black furniture for the seeds is super smart! The artwork looks great on the walls! This is the perfect patio for Michelle and Billie!

@coolsim9999999

Your grow fruit themed bedroom is adorable! I love the shape of the room resembling grow fruit! I love the green and white color scheme! The fruit on the dresser and shelves look good enough to eat! I love the floor design using different colors and textures! This is a perfect bedroom for Michelle and Billie!

Michelle and Billie are adorable together! I love that you made them match the room you created by using green in their outfits! Making them vegetarians was a great choice! They love their grow fruit inspired looks!

Thank you all for entering!
    edited August 2019
    If anyone else would like to enter in this week's challenge, today is the last day! A new challenge will be posted tomorrow, 8/12!
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thank you @JosieAnglin! And thank you for the very fun challenge!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    Is anyone else having problems uploading? The gallery keeps rejecting my description, even when all I have is #dd10 in the field.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited August 2019
    @wendyology Check you description for "disallowed words" --- like any words with a swear in the middle of a normal word. The word would be fine by itself, but the computer doesn't know the difference. I looked for one in my descriptions, and I finally just used the hashtag for the challenge.
    4kkjdXo.png

edited August 2019
    Thank you very much @rosemow @JosieAnglin for your detailed reviews of my lot and Sim B)<3! You're both awesome B)<3!

Thanks for all the great comments about my room and Sim, everyone B)! I love your rooms, too! I'll get back to everyone else in more detail later tonight :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

For some reason it bounced out the hashtag dd10 so I could only use dynamicdevelopers10.

Such as it is:
    Origin ID: Wendyology
    Forum ID: Wendyology
    Gallery Name of Build: Banana office
    Gallery Link:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/31206ABEBC7F11E98415898789D8E217?
    Additional Notes: Not as wacky as I'd like, my energy got spent figuring out how to put a tree in a room.

Billie was a travel simstagrammer when he met Michelle who had just inherited her family's plantain farm. They're now married and have their own banana growers cooperative.

qFJISgv.png
    djsVREO.png
    w6IkKDx.png
    Banana Office is a great fruit themed room! @wendyology :) Great background details that you have written! It is great that they own a banana growers business! Very lovely leafy wall pattern! The wall lights in the shape of a banana looks creatively great! It is great that a banana plantain is growing in the office! Very nice sofa seating for the Sims to relax, watch tv and have a drink from bar. Very nice green and yellow colour scheme of room. The video streaming nook is great!
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @JosieAnglin :)
    @wendyology I had to scrap the short hashtag as well.
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @wendyology, I couldn't use the DD10 hashtag either. Apparently there's something about it that makes it a "disallowed" term. :smile:
    PDWxp40.jpg
    That's the disallowed term @lsnishi --- Man I tried everything before just using the full hashtag!!!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited August 2019
    @wendyology

Your plantain themed office is awesome! I love that you put the plantain tree in the room with Billie and Michelle! The wall paper you used is so beautiful! The green with pops of yellow color scheme looks very pretty together and is perfect for the plantain theme!

Your version of Michelle and Billie are precious! I love the background you gave them! I love that their outfits reflect the plantain theme!

Great job, thanks for entering!
    edited August 2019
    Thank you everyone for entering! I'll be submitting you for maxis favs soon, then I will post a new theme for the week :)
    LzvNwAB.png

Arham Gale has a passion for all things yoga and meditation! His dream is to own his own yoga studio. He has decided you are the perfect person to help make his dream come true!

You agree to design his yoga studio, and ask him about amenities he would like to include. He tells you he would like a smaller studio with the main area being the yoga studio, but he would also like to have a small area either for massages or a sauna, or even both! If you would like to include a reception area or a locker room you can!

You start to think of some ideas before jumping in and designing!

Your Objective:

- Build a yoga studio.

Requirements:

- This build must be uploaded as a lot.
    - You must include either a massage room or a sauna in the build. You can include both if you'd like.
    - Cannot build on a lot size bigger than 30x30.

Additional Notes:
    - Please remember, no custom content is allowed in these builds.
    - Everyone will be nominated for the builds and sims they create for Maxis favs!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sim Entry Objective:

Please create Arham Gale!

Ideas for creating him:

- He loves yoga and meditation!
    - He dreams big!

Be creative!

You have one week for this challenge.

Entries Close:

Sunday, August 18th at 6:00PM USA (CT)

The New Challenge Will Be Posted:

Monday, August 19th at 9:00AM USA (CT)

Remember to add #DD11 OR #DynamicDevelopers11 to your description on the gallery.

Entry form:

-Information-
    Origin ID:
    Forum ID:
    Gallery Name Of Build:
    Gallery Link:
    Additional Notes:

-Images-
    Street View:
    Top View: (show the layout)
    Additional Images:

Sim Entry Form

-Information-
    Origin ID:
    Forum ID:
    Gallery Name Of Household:
    Gallery Link:
    Traits/Aspiration:
    Additional Notes:

-Images-
    1-3 Images of household

I can't wait to see all of the builds!
    @AlJay @lsnishi Thanks for confirming the hashtag thing, I thought I was losing my mind! It's so strange what what triggers the filters.

I'm excited for this week's challenge. In an unusual turn of events, I've created my Yogi before the space.
    wendyology wrote: »
    I'm excited for this week's challenge. In an unusual turn of events, I've created my Yogi before the space.

Yay! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
  • leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    Cool a yoga studio sounds like fun!
    I googled DD10 , its what they call it when someone is charged with dangerous driving. still seems kinda weird that its a disallowed term.

Everyone's fruit rooms looked great!
    rzsH227.png
    Cool a yoga studio sounds like fun!
    I googled DD10 , its what they call it when someone is charged with dangerous driving. still seems kinda weird that its a disallowed term.

Everyone's fruit rooms looked great!

Yeah hopefully DD11 won't give you guys any issues :)
    I still have a few tweaks to the yoga studio, but here's Arham Gale.

Forum ID: Wendyology
    Gallery Name Of Household:Arham Gale
    Gallery Link:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/838951A8BDEF11E987C71090911CB41A?
    Traits/Aspiration: Ambitious, Active, Good - Friend of the World
    Additional Notes: Adopted as a toddler, Arham doesn't know anything about his biological parents or where he came from. As a teenager he embarked on a journey of self discovery, traveling and eventually finding peace through yoga.

Yawn!
    GhqwNAm.png
    Yoga warmup.
    2BlHE2B.png
    His party outfit.
    v97iHUa.png
    It is a very nice simversion that you have created of Arham @wendyology :) It is nice the bachground details that you wrote for home, and explains why he wanted to have a yoga studio. It is a great photo of him doing warmups in preparations to so some yoga.
    edited August 2019
    Forum ID:Wendyology
    Gallery Name Of Build: Seven Chakras
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B00EE944BE0311E9866D989036635122?

Notes: I used lots of move object cheat, my unofficial theme was doing strange things to tables.

-Images-
    Street View:
    ABYiN5d.png

Top View: (show the layout) The toilet/shower areas have private doors but otherwise the bathroom area is all-gender.
    5oD6xdz.png

Additional Images:

Front desk view of the pre/post class hangout area.
    F9uMLcZ.png

The back wall of the studio with tons of props! Don't let those chairs fool you, seated yoga can be just as challenging as regular.
    gQwJf6a.png

It's getting hot in here!
    gxyJfUc.png
  • leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    Looks amazing @wendyology ! I love what you did with the colourful tables on the wall!! and the "seven chakras" theme

I have been play testing mine, and i made a lot trait "clothes optional" lol i dunno if i will keep that in or not, but my sims are currently doing naked yoga :D
    rzsH227.png
    Looks amazing @wendyology ! I love what you did with the colourful tables on the wall!! and the "seven chakras" theme

I have been play testing mine, and i made a lot trait "clothes optional" lol i dunno if i will keep that in or not, but my sims are currently doing naked yoga :D

I did that with my build too haha!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top