Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one NOT abandoning Sims 3?!

123457...Next

Comments

• AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    edited August 2019
    I had never even heard of Necroposting until I came here. The idea of it kinda scared me a little. It doesn't make sense that it's something needed. And I do agree it's likely beginners or people new to the game who don't realize they're old threads. And sometimes it's good, because you might learn something you didn't know before from a old thread that you probably wouldn't have searched for. I can't really see a reason in necroposting being so bad. Then again, this is the only forum I've been to where we ourselves can't close or delete our own threads/posts...

Agreed, 150% I learn stuff all the time from years old Carls posts, MTS posts, etc. etc. etc.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I had never even heard of Necroposting until I came here. The idea of it kinda scared me a little. It doesn't make sense that it's something needed. And I do agree it's likely beginners or people new to the game who don't realize they're old threads. And sometimes it's good, because you might learn something you didn't know before from a old thread that you probably wouldn't have searched for. I can't really see a reason in necroposting being so bad. Then again, this is the only forum I've been to where we ourselves can't close or delete our own threads/posts...
    I agree, but I must add I’m glad people can’t delete ‘their own’ threads and posts. Because you may have started the topic, you don’t own nor should be allowed to control posts everybody reacting in it have made.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    I never abandoned the sims 3. It's my favorite of the series. I had much rather play it than the sims 4 which I find boring.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I agree; and I cannot seem to find a valid base behind the reasoning either. I guess it can be boring for the actual players regularly visiting the forum to constantly see old threads revived; but if more new ones were created I don't think it would matter that much, them disappearing quicker. I like the old threads though!
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top