Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Off the Grid - Tips & Tricks Compilation!

124...Next

Comments

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    @GalacticGal my Sim's Stans never leave presents. I had to put up a fence to keep them out of my pool!

But back on topic; I hope they work a search function into the game soon. Maybe they didn't realize just how popular off-the-grid would be, or they rolled it out without testing it. It has so much potential!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    @GalacticGal my Sim's Stans never leave presents. I had to put up a fence to keep them out of my pool!

But back on topic; I hope they work a search function into the game soon. Maybe they didn't realize just how popular off-the-grid would be, or they rolled it out without testing it. It has so much potential!

The two Obsessed Fans are from the Road to Fame mod, not GF. My Sim is only famous due to his Simstagram Account. He's gained about 100K followers or more. In RTF he's a five-star celeb, so he also has Paparazzi that follow him. And he receives gifts from fans. I tried to just play GF, but without RTF, it's too tame.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • AbsafraginlootlyAbsafraginlootly Posts: 34 Member
    Latest update brought fixes for off the grid:
    Multiple updates for the Off the Grid lot trait:
    - A new search term was added to Buy Mode, “Off the Grid”, to make finding valid items in the catalog easier.
    - Fish can now be added to Fish Bowls.
    - Sims can now clean dirty sinks that work Off the Grid
    - In a Flash Photo Studio no longer emits light when placed on a lot with the Off the Grid lot trait.

The following objects now work Off the Grid and/or are labeled appropriately in the catalog:
    • All photography cameras
    • Sulani Volcanic BBQ Searer
    • NanoCan Touchless Trash Can
    • Wabbit Tablet, Slablet, and Digitalistic Sketchpad
    • Digirad Keyboard
    • Fireplaces
    • Rocks of Fire and Roast'em and Toast'em Campfire from Outdoor Retreat
    • The Quadpod Grill from Toddler Stuff
    • Ole Timmy's WashTub from Laundry Day Stuff
    • Kiddie Pools from Seasons
    • To make caring for Pets easier the Petmate Programmatic Pet Feeder, Litter-Laser: Self-Cleaning Litter Box, and Litter-Matic Scoop Free are now battery powered
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Thanks @GalacticGal , I was just wondering if this was one of those weird backdoors like the toddler can ask for a bath but the player selects the tub it’s blocked, meaning players interactions are affected but SIM actions are not blocked. I guess another question would be: Could they wash a counter if they decide themselves to do so? My SIM can’t afford a house yet so no counters right now.

Sims can clean counters 'off the grid'. (Don't ask me why. But it did work in my game, no autonomy allowed.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    YAYY!!

I can use the washtub without a mod now. Victory!!

Ha ha, I have been griping a lot about laundry but Off the Grid made laundry fun for me. Maybe not my sims but for me it just turned interesting.

It has to be a little bit interesting to keep all the bars in the green and still having time to do things. And not too easy to get rich. Then I am happy. So when I was playing Off the Grid and had laundry on the lot it turned into a fun activity for me, maybe not for my little Jane but that it how sims-life in my little world. I like that there was one more everyday thing to get sorted, and that you really have to get down and do it yourself. Sweet!! With seasons it turned into a necessity to have sunny days every now and then in order to dry the laundry, ha ha one more limitation. Bought the weatherstation and turned it into a moneysink, she has to pay a fee in order to use it. Really happy that the strings can break so you have to mend or buy a new device to hang laundry on.

All in all, Seasons together with Off the Grid turned laundry from boring to fun.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    YAYY!!

I can use the washtub without a mod now. Victory!!

Ha ha, I have been griping a lot about laundry but Off the Grid made laundry fun for me. Maybe not my sims but for me it just turned interesting.

It has to be a little bit interesting to keep all the bars in the green and still having time to do things. And not too easy to get rich. Then I am happy. So when I was playing Off the Grid and had laundry on the lot it turned into a fun activity for me, maybe not for my little Jane but that it how sims-life in my little world. I like that there was one more everyday thing to get sorted, and that you really have to get down and do it yourself. Sweet!! With seasons it turned into a necessity to have sunny days every now and then in order to dry the laundry, ha ha one more limitation. Bought the weatherstation and turned it into a moneysink, she has to pay a fee in order to use it. Really happy that the strings can break so you have to mend or buy a new device to hang laundry on.

All in all, Seasons together with Off the Grid turned laundry from boring to fun.

My Sarah Jane got wash-tub arms, poor thing. Didn't help that she was preggars at the time, either. Back in her proper time frame, they used bucking bats to swirl the dirty clothes clean in the lye soapped boiling water. Then onto the fresh water to rinse the lye out, and then they added 'bluing' to help the whites get white again. I'd love the bucking process in the game. Oh, but they also laid out their clothing on the shrubbery to dry. I'm uncertain just when the notion to string rope from one pole to another was conceived. At least the washboard is better than pounding the dirt out with a rock. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • demolitiondeb1demolitiondeb1 Posts: 133 Member
    So very comprehensive, helpful and easy to understand posts. Thank you MorriSan and so many others that contribute to the fun and creativeness of us Simmers. Thank EA for finally giving us workable stairs too.
  • demolitiondeb1demolitiondeb1 Posts: 133 Member
    So very comprehensive, helpful and easy to understand posts. Thank you MorriSan and so many others that contribute to the fun and creativeness of us Simmers. Thank EA for finally giving us workable stairs too.