Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

Comments

• Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Twicelikey wrote: »
    To put it shortly, TS4 is all pretty, no substance. Sure the game is nice to look at, but when it comes to gameplay, it is very lackluster. I have to say that TS2 is and always will be the superior game (in my opinion). Sure, it doesn't have open world or CASt, but what it makes up for is in memorable gameplay.

If it weren't for the success of TS1 and TS2, there would've never been a TS3 or TS4. EA/Maxis should just stop trying to be that old person trying to be hip and cool for the sake of appealing to young audience members because we've all seen how well that worked out for them. You know how players will say "They never make anything we request from them." Let me rephrase that. They never make old audience members ask of them because from the very beginning, the targeted audience for TS4 have been younger members.

Well, here is the problem with that. If it weren't for your older audience members, their feedback/criticism, and the success of TS1 and TS2, there wouldn't have been a TS3 or TS4. Oh my, and I thought the Sims was inclusive yet EA/Maxis is abandoning their old playerbase. Not so inclusive now, are we?

giphy.gif

This is a bit of flawed logic honestly. Yes, if it weren't for the success of TS1 and TS2, there wouldn't be a TS3 or TS4. But that does not mean that the older audience is vastly more important than the younger. Don't let that get to your head like it's your way or the highway. Things change with time, so no I wouldn't necessarily say that EA/Maxis should stop trying to be that old person trying to be hip and cool. It's just modernizing the sims. The sims in the past had things relating to what was popular at that time of release. This isn't something new, it's just keeping up with the times.

As for the whole "They never make anything we request from them". That is a lie. They have in fact made things that people wanted. While it isn't the case 100% of the time. To say "never" is just being purely delusional. You are not being abandoned. I have seen plenty of times where the majority of the community wanted something and got it. Like Seasons for example. But what do I know..I'm just a 22-year-old simmer. I'm not even part of the "old audience".
    I don’t think that’s true. Sims 1 and 2 wasn’t about being modern and ‘young’, I don’t think so? Nor was Sims 3 really. That whole idea has started to live its own life as if its inevitable and natural in this latest version. No newspapers because nobody reads newspapers anymore. Every sim in the game constantly taking selfies because ‘everybody’ does that. When I start up my Sims 3 game and don’t skip the intro, I get a full story of sims who fall in love and start a family, in the end they’re old and grey, on the wall are their pictures from when they were young. Thát was what this game used to be about: people living a life. And what that life looked like was up to the simmer.

Exactly! Only The Sims 4 is following trends and thats bad!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2019
    Simburian wrote: »
    To put it shortly, TS4 is all pretty, no substance. Sure the game is nice to look at, but when it comes to gameplay, it is very lackluster. I have to say that TS2 is and always will be the superior game (in my opinion). Sure, it doesn't have open world or CASt, but what it makes up for is in memorable gameplay.

If it weren't for the success of TS1 and TS2, there would've never been a TS3 or TS4. EA/Maxis should just stop trying to be that old person trying to be hip and cool for the sake of appealing to young audience members because we've all seen how well that worked out for them. You know how players will say "They never make anything we request from them." Let me rephrase that. They never make old audience members ask of them because from the very beginning, the targeted audience for TS4 have been younger members.

Well, here is the problem with that. If it weren't for your older audience members, their feedback/criticism, and the success of TS1 and TS2, there wouldn't have been a TS3 or TS4. Oh my, and I thought the Sims was inclusive yet EA/Maxis is abandoning their old playerbase. Not so inclusive now, are we?

giphy.gif

This is a bit of flawed logic honestly. Yes, if it weren't for the success of TS1 and TS2, there wouldn't be a TS3 or TS4. But that does not mean that the older audience is vastly more important than the younger. Don't let that get to your head like it's your way or the highway. Things change with time, so no I wouldn't necessarily say that EA/Maxis should stop trying to be that old person trying to be hip and cool. It's just modernizing the sims. The sims in the past had things relating to what was popular at that time of release. This isn't something new, it's just keeping up with the times.

As for the whole "They never make anything we request from them". That is a lie. They have in fact made things that people wanted. While it isn't the case 100% of the time. To say "never" is just being purely delusional. You are not being abandoned. I have seen plenty of times where the majority of the community wanted something and got it. Like Seasons for example. But what do I know..I'm just a 22-year-old simmer. I'm not even part of the "old audience".

Here’s the thing we know there are things each and every Sims game are going to inevitably get. Seasons being one, and pets being another. These are the two most popular packs for each iteration they were added to. There was never any question whether that stuff was going to be added, regardless of people asking for it.

Maxis, more often than not, holds novelty content to a higher level of importance than stuff that has more varied use and replay value. Sims 4 is a very one and done game, and that’s because they do not listen to players on how they can make the base game better or more immersive in the long term. They haven’t made any substantial improvements to the base game in the 5 years it’s been out. Seriously. The game itself plays just like it did in 2014 but now it has more stuff tacked on. Sure they have added some free stuff on top, and that’s appreciated, but they hardly listen to the bigger complaints against the existing game. If they did we would see improvements to AI, multitasking, emotions etc. no they are the same as day 1, aside from maybe a few tiny tweaks. They will not touch the guts of this game and I’m beginning to think they don’t know how.

I think they have found a way that pays. They'll carry on until it doesn't any more. That's business.

EA’s aggressive monetization of The Sims has always paid. No mainline game has ever had an issue making money. Sims 4 did in the beginning but they salvaged it enough to turn a profit. Not what I’m saying at all.

With Sims 4 they cut their costs to the bare minimum (it shows!) while keeping the DLC priced at the high end of the DLC food chain. Hello more profit, if only you could stay with Sims 4 but other failing EA titles are in need of that cash!

All jokes aside, I am being quite serious when I say I don’t think the studio knows how to do anything with the guts of this game. They can add new things, that’s no issue although lately they’ve just recycled stuff more than adding new stuff. (Cutting costs.....) The core of the game has not changed, at least not in any significant enough way since 2014. Wouldn’t be an issue if the core wasn’t also rushed through development in like a year and largely incomplete at launch. Remember when they “added reactions” to basic things like death or infidelity? Well neither one of them work that much better than how they did at launch, even now. Jealously had to get a trait to function instead of just being a normal reaction. That alone should tell you there’s a problem. Many things they do with this game should spell problem but they spend a lot of money on marketing to make players think it’s business as usual. It is, but not in a way that really benefits us for how important players are to the game.

ETA: we have perfect examples within Sims 4 of what they CAN do when they aren’t hindered by TS4’s core. Toddlers were created from scratch, and as a result their intelligence is miles above the AI that drives the other age groups. Pets, again, show us this studio is more than capable of producing a good AI system but for whatever reason they can’t seem to improve what we got in the base game. I can’t imagine any other reason besides it’s a mess that would become a much larger project than anticipated.
    What I genuinely don’t understand: yes, it is business apparently and yes, it’s clearly profitable for them: the goose with the golden eggs. Why on earth do players defend that and consider it a valuable, excusable and acceptable situation. It may be so, apparently it is, but it’s us, all of us here, every single Sims player, regardless which version we prefer, who pay the price.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

giphy.gif

Here’s the thing we know there are things each and every Sims game are going to inevitably get. Seasons being one, and pets being another. These are the two most popular packs for each iteration they were added to. There was never any question whether that stuff was going to be added, regardless of people asking for it.

Maxis, more often than not, holds novelty content to a higher level of importance than stuff that has more varied use and replay value. Sims 4 is a very one and done game, and that’s because they do not listen to players on how they can make the base game better or more immersive in the long term. They haven’t made any substantial improvements to the base game in the 5 years it’s been out. Seriously. The game itself plays just like it did in 2014 but now it has more stuff tacked on. Sure they have added some free stuff on top, and that’s appreciated, but they hardly listen to the bigger complaints against the existing game. If they did we would see improvements to AI, multitasking, emotions etc. no they are the same as day 1, aside from maybe a few tiny tweaks. They will not touch the guts of this game and I’m beginning to think they don’t know how.

I think they have found a way that pays. They'll carry on until it doesn't any more. That's business.

EA’s aggressive monetization of The Sims has always paid. No mainline game has ever had an issue making money. Sims 4 did in the beginning but they salvaged it enough to turn a profit. Not what I’m saying at all.

With Sims 4 they cut their costs to the bare minimum (it shows!) while keeping the DLC priced at the high end of the DLC food chain. Hello more profit, if only you could stay with Sims 4 but other failing EA titles are in need of that cash!

All jokes aside, I am being quite serious when I say I don’t think the studio knows how to do anything with the guts of this game. They can add new things, that’s no issue although lately they’ve just recycled stuff more than adding new stuff. (Cutting costs.....) The core of the game has not changed, at least not in any significant enough way since 2014. Wouldn’t be an issue if the core wasn’t also rushed through development in like a year and largely incomplete at launch. Remember when they “added reactions” to basic things like death or infidelity? Well neither one of them work that much better than how they did at launch, even now. Jealously had to get a trait to function instead of just being a normal reaction. That alone should tell you there’s a problem. Many things they do with this game should spell problem but they spend a lot of money on marketing to make players think it’s business as usual. It is, but not in a way that really benefits us for how important players are to the game.

ETA: we have perfect examples within Sims 4 of what they CAN do when they aren’t hindered by TS4’s core. Toddlers were created from scratch, and as a result their intelligence is miles above the AI that drives the other age groups. Pets, again, show us this studio is more than capable of producing a good AI system but for whatever reason they can’t seem to improve what we got in the base game. I can’t imagine any other reason besides it’s a mess that would become a much larger project than anticipated.
    What I genuinely don’t understand: yes, it is business apparently and yes, it’s clearly profitable for them: the goose with the golden eggs. Why on earth do players defend that and consider it a valuable, excusable and acceptable situation. It may be so, apparently it is, but it’s us, all of us here, every single Sims player, regardless which version we prefer, who pay the price.

I'm sure not paying the price, lol. Due to EA's inability to design an actual challenging and fun game out of TS4, I stopped purchasing packs and started playing other genres/games which deserve to be purchased.

There is often conversation over who is the target audience for The Sims 4. Some say it's girls, tweens, teens, pre-teens, etc... I say it's for the investors, and that's the worst audience you could ever choose to target a game for. At that point, there is little passion for the product you are putting out and it's so glaringly obvious from the consumer perspective when that happens. There is a reason the forums, the sub-reddit, Tumblr, and many other social channels are revisiting The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 and fawning over the highly detailed gameplay, interactions, and animations those games had. EA was a different company, although rapidly changing into where it is today.

The Sims 4 does not play like a game. Whether that's a byproduct of EA harming the development of the franchise or The Sims Studio/Maxis themselves, we don't truly know, but it's honestly stressful to try and play a game which you feel you have to fight to play. Still, in my game, I have Sims that do what they want (even with autonomy off), disobey my commands, time glitches, simulation lag, and so on. When you get past all of that, you have the same old, boring game systems (such as aspirations which play like an uninspired MMORPG quest chain and have such little impact on the development of our Sims). There feels like there is nothing to do; nothing to achieve. My choices for my Sims mean very little to nothing, and I often find myself questioning why I'm bothering playing if the game is fine playing by itself. Sims choose their own personalities, grumpy Sims will grin constantly and invite my Sim out to parties incessantly, my achievements don't mean anything, and so on.

All of that is not frequent in other life simulation games (such as Animal Crossing which I am glad to see others love on this thread)! In games such as that one, I have many different paths to take my game in, many choices, and any choices I pick have both good and bad consequences.

The developers have seriously got to revisit The Sims 2 and take notes on how nicely crafted that whole game is. Long story short, underneath all of the complex interactions, animations, and depth the game offers, there is a ton of well balanced gameplay which keeps users hooked and playing for countless Sims days in one session. I mean, it's, what, 15 years old, and people are still playing live mode actively. That's really impressive.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

giphy.gif

I'm sure not paying the price, lol. Due to EA's inability to design an actual challenging and fun game out of TS4, I stopped purchasing packs and started playing other genres/games which deserve to be purchased.

There is often conversation over who is the target audience for The Sims 4. Some say it's girls, tweens, teens, pre-teens, etc... I say it's for the investors, and that's the worst audience you could ever choose to target a game for. At that point, there is little passion for the product you are putting out and it's so glaringly obvious from the consumer perspective when that happens. There is a reason the forums, the sub-reddit, Tumblr, and many other social channels are revisiting The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 and fawning over the highly detailed gameplay, interactions, and animations those games had. EA was a different company, although rapidly changing into where it is today.

The Sims 4 does not play like a game. Whether that's a byproduct of EA harming the development of the franchise or The Sims Studio/Maxis themselves, we don't truly know, but it's honestly stressful to try and play a game which you feel you have to fight to play. Still, in my game, I have Sims that do what they want (even with autonomy off), disobey my commands, time glitches, simulation lag, and so on. When you get past all of that, you have the same old, boring game systems (such as aspirations which play like an uninspired MMORPG quest chain and have such little impact on the development of our Sims). There feels like there is nothing to do; nothing to achieve. My choices for my Sims mean very little to nothing, and I often find myself questioning why I'm bothering playing if the game is fine playing by itself. Sims choose their own personalities, grumpy Sims will grin constantly and invite my Sim out to parties incessantly, my achievements don't mean anything, and so on.

All of that is not frequent in other life simulation games (such as Animal Crossing which I am glad to see others love on this thread)! In games such as that one, I have many different paths to take my game in, many choices, and any choices I pick have both good and bad consequences.

The developers have seriously got to revisit The Sims 2 and take notes on how nicely crafted that whole game is. Long story short, underneath all of the complex interactions, animations, and depth the game offers, there is a ton of well balanced gameplay which keeps users hooked and playing for countless Sims days in one session. I mean, it's, what, 15 years old, and people are still playing live mode actively. That's really impressive.

I will admit, Sims 4 is the first Sims game that I have ever simply left the game unpaused, and gotten up for a bathroom break and returned 3 minutes later to find my Sims still alive and nothing burnt down, nobody electrocuted, no floods or pee puddles. Heck, nobody even ended up creating any enemy Sims, as far as I could tell, in my absence. In that sense, it IS less engaging than prior Sims games, since they used to be more needy, and thus the game more challenging. It is also less engaging in this aspect than most MMORPG games...where you would get a piece of you handed back to you if you did that, or otherwise blown to kingdom come in any multiplayer shooter. Still, I have tried other games, and I still haven't found any other ones yet that do quite what even Sims 4 does. I play tons of match-3 fashion and home design games, and rotate between them. I have tried online chat games, and virtual worlds like Second Life, but they just don't give you as much content for the money as Sims 4 does, sadly, not to mention they don't have a single-player mode. I have tried House Flipper: You can do more with building and furnishing with that game than with Sims 4 in several ways, but you can't watch a family live their life (the houses you renovate are all empty except for you and furniture, including your side jobs), and there is no third person view (it is all first person view, though without the ridiculous constant head-bobbing it is easier to deal with than first person view in Sims 4). You also don't have terrain height editing in that game, at least not yet. Once Paralives is released, if I can afford it, I plan to try it. I have a feeling that by itself it will not at first compare with all the content I have currently acquired for Sims 4. I also suspect it will come with its own set of glitches - nothing is ever perfect at first release, no matter how well tested it is. Also, one of the strengths of all the Sims series is how well it accommodates custom content creators, and even modders. No other game I have ever played, except perhaps DOOM, or Cities Skylines, has come close to that.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

giphy.gif

Same here, I don’t pay for the game either in the literal sense. But I do pay ‘a’ price, because I’m not enjoying a running Sims game anymore and I really miss that (don’t we all, us ‘Negative Nancies’ who keep gathering together here?). So, in a ‘suffering the consequences’ way, we all pay the price.

Agree with the rest of your post. And planning to buy a Switch even for the next AC. It looks promising.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    @SimsILikeSims SimCity4 had a fantastic modding fanbase. Simtropolis is still there and supports Cities:Skylines too now. It has to get donations now to keep it going now though. I got a very useful moneycheat park there. :)
    https://community.simtropolis.com/
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2019
    Is there really any point in continuing to buy and or play a game that is less engaging than their past work? I think they know the answer to this better than some of us. That's why core fanbase is no longer the target, as they say they have to keep expanding and growing themselves right out of a core fanbase. Well, go for it, maybe those players will stick with you another twenty and maybe not. But yes, I'm tired of chasing windmills, thinking they are dragons. And tired of those who are yes people, who would agree, sure that's a dragon, when no, it's just a windmill. And enough people like me, EA must be thinking instagram users look pretty good if core fanbase is turning in their jousting gear. As I said before, waiting on the Great Pumpkin to appear is no longer amusing and why we keep doing it is beyond me. We all know TS4's problems, it's the core of the game and now just recyle content and people will buy it as long as they give an object a new name, everything at this point has to be coming up roses for EA, but from here it smells like dung.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    No. There's no point in continuing to buy or play a game less engaging.

If it hasn't interested me in 4-5 years (however long it's been) it's probably not going to interest me no matter what they offer. I will admit to looking forward to ROM, and I'm watching the forums closely for any information that comes on about it, but my hope is low (but not at zero).

I really don't like the emotions, and I'm afraid that the magic introduced is just mainly going to focus on changing emotions or something trivial like that, lol.

Sometimes I feel like a dinosaur and hesitant of change even though I was able to easily transition from Sims 1 to Sims 2 and from Sims 2 to Sims 3 and still love and play constantly each new iteration. So is it me or the game?

Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I will admit, Sims 4 is the first Sims game that I have ever simply left the game unpaused, and gotten up for a bathroom break and returned 3 minutes later to find my Sims still alive and nothing burnt down, nobody electrocuted, no floods or pee puddles. Heck, nobody even ended up creating any enemy Sims, as far as I could tell, in my absence. In that sense, it IS less engaging than prior Sims games, since they used to be more needy, and thus the game more challenging. It is also less engaging in this aspect than most MMORPG games...where you would get a piece of you handed back to you if you did that, or otherwise blown to kingdom come in any multiplayer shooter. Still, I have tried other games, and I still haven't found any other ones yet that do quite what even Sims 4 does. I play tons of match-3 fashion and home design games, and rotate between them. I have tried online chat games, and virtual worlds like Second Life, but they just don't give you as much content for the money as Sims 4 does, sadly, not to mention they don't have a single-player mode. I have tried House Flipper: You can do more with building and furnishing with that game than with Sims 4 in several ways, but you can't watch a family live their life (the houses you renovate are all empty except for you and furniture, including your side jobs), and there is no third person view (it is all first person view, though without the ridiculous constant head-bobbing it is easier to deal with than first person view in Sims 4). You also don't have terrain height editing in that game, at least not yet. Once Paralives is released, if I can afford it, I plan to try it. I have a feeling that by itself it will not at first compare with all the content I have currently acquired for Sims 4. I also suspect it will come with its own set of glitches - nothing is ever perfect at first release, no matter how well tested it is. Also, one of the strengths of all the Sims series is how well it accommodates custom content creators, and even modders. No other game I have ever played, except perhaps DOOM, or Cities Skylines, has come close to that.

The Sims 1 is by far the hardest with no days set and their needs dropping quite fast. The Sims 2 balanced it out a lot more but didn't miss out on the essence of quirkiness and chaos.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited August 2019
    honestly tho, grant rodiek’s ideals were never really a mistery to me and to anyone with common sense. it always been obvious, you know, just looking through his decisions and actions for the game. the likes of this person have never had the old simmers in mind but just the teenage instagram girls with rich parents. he once had stated that toddlers and pools were never been ever been staples in the sims hence the absence of these features at launch.

Putting aside my shock at him stating that TODDLERS were never a "staple" for a life simulation game (ish) and assuming that's true, I'm glad you pointed this out since it highlights why I have concerns about TS5. A while back, I read the reason why Simmers never got doghouses in this game and it's because of Grant. Stating that he stands by that decision, he left them out because they're "weird relics of the past", as if the use of doghouses was immoral on its own.

Now I don't care much for TS4 Pets and I care even less for doghouses. But there's plenty of potential arguments against this, ranging from the absurdity of the claim that using an object, regardless of how it is used, is immoral (like a slap in the face to dog house users that use them to make their dog happy) to being unable to seperate your personal feelings for the sake of the game, it's unusual decisions, often plain stupid ones, that govern this game. After reading that, for me, it put the final nail in the coffin and had me come to the following conclusion:

A man like Grant involved in TS5? No... just another reason why I have very little hope in TS5.

I can't say exactly what I want to say cause...well, I'm gonna have problems here..🙄 But anyway, he has a kind of...delusional vision of the life and the world.

Yes, it annoys me when we're in a forum where you have to choose what you say carefully rather than have the ability to be flat-out honest. The point of moderation in online communication is not to police your community because doing that risks alienation, but to ensure that said community can flourish in all the most positive ways possible, including critical thinking in ANY subject. But that's another topic entirely...

Anyway and it's that very vision that concerns me. If you think with your heartstrings in any subject, you've already begun the journey into coming to the wrong conclusion about everything.

Exactly haha, I guessed it, I paid the price for a few days. (: I feel like I'm at school being watched carefully by the teacher.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member

The problem from my perspective is that they haven't made it so that Sims in TS4 are smarter and thus avoid burning down the house and take care of their own needs without player input, that I wouldn't have minded so much.

Instead, what they've done is make it extremely difficult to kill them (even intentionally), thus rendering their needs essentially pointless... Their needs drop so slowly and take so long to actually bottom out that they (even with the basic AI they have) can actually keep alive on their own, which ruins any idea of player choice or consequence.

raw
    Evil_One wrote: »

The problem from my perspective is that they haven't made it so that Sims in TS4 are smarter and thus avoid burning down the house and take care of their own needs without player input, that I wouldn't have minded so much.

Instead, what they've done is make it extremely difficult to kill them (even intentionally), thus rendering their needs essentially pointless... Their needs drop so slowly and take so long to actually bottom out that they (even with the basic AI they have) can actually keep alive on their own, which ruins any idea of player choice or consequence.

These Sims play on a loop. I put one female into a house with nothing for fun and or entertainment. One chair. She sat there all day, all night and into the next day pulling out the phone and playing a game or browsing the web etc. I cancelled over and over, she kept doing it. She never got hungry, nor got tired, never got dirty. It took about three days of this for her to finally get dirty enough to need a bath, and she could just keep running on a loop with no more smarter AI than a hampster running on a wheel. That's all she knew, that's all she did. Over and over and over. 2nd day I made her go stand outside on the sidewalk, she didn't need any social and though fun was completely full she would run on that animation loop of pulling out her phone and trying to use her phone, rather than finding someone to talk to, and or go to a picnic area and or do anything. That is the limit of this game's AI. Without any input from a player they are not as smart as a hampster.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Evil_One wrote: »

These Sims play on a loop. I put one female into a house with nothing for fun and or entertainment. One chair. She sat there all day, all night and into the next day pulling out the phone and playing a game or browsing the web etc. I cancelled over and over, she kept doing it. She never got hungry, nor got tired, never got dirty. It took about three days of this for her to finally get dirty enough to need a bath, and she could just keep running on a loop with no more smarter AI than a hampster running on a wheel. That's all she knew, that's all she did. Over and over and over. 2nd day I made her go stand outside on the sidewalk, she didn't need any social and though fun was completely full she would run on that animation loop of pulling out her phone and trying to use her phone, rather than finding someone to talk to, and or go to a picnic area and or do anything. That is the limit of this game's AI. Without any input from a player they are not as smart as a hampster.

And we are talking about a game that came out in 2014... I have high expectations for the next game, they'd better don't mess up this one cause it's gonna be a no no for me.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited August 2019

I'm curious when you tried this out. Because in my experience the Sim needs are not static like this at all. If nothing else, hygiene, bladder, and hunger fall to low levels within a day. Social takes longer to drop unless they're Outgoing. Perhaps they've tweaked the AI since your experiment?
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I find that my sims have this weird obsession with computers and their phones and that bothers me a lot despite how accurate it is. That's how we know this game follows trends. Its what's in nowadays to have your face shoved in some type of device. It's sad but its reality. I also find that my sims try so hard to talk to and be friends with everyone despite their personalities clashing. For example, my good sim who is friendly and neat should not get along with a sim who is evil or mean, a loner and a slob. They just shouldn't click that easy, but they do.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    @Noree_Doree claps well said
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    Pegasys wrote: »

I'm curious when you tried this out. Because in my experience the Sim needs are not static like this at all. If nothing else, hygiene, bladder, and hunger fall to low levels within a day. Social takes longer to drop unless they're Outgoing. Perhaps they've tweaked the AI since your experiment?

The last time I played in 2017. I wanted to see if anything could make these Sims think for themselves. I didn't give her a bed, she didn't need one for about three days. She didn't need a shower for about three days, and she didn't need anyone to talk with, or food and or fun for about three days and then it was just the minimal motive effect. This game is so easy it can be played in my sleep. There was nothing pushing to fill any motives or do anything other than fiddle with a phone because she absolutely didn't need anythig for three days. Therefore, without any motive and or emotion to push them there is nothing in that magic bag but a phone loop, and AI is awol. Note, I didn't interfere with her much so I could see just how smart the Sim would be (no bookcase, TV etc.) and they are pretty ignorant since she did nothing but retry and retry to use a phone since there was no one to socialize with over and over with that loop, and or a pc to use over and over on that loop etc. It's all a farce, they don't know anything.

Some may break out of a loop but not often. The less in a house and if you don't direct them to learn something, cook something, do something they have no idea what they should be doing living alone.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »

The last time I played in 2017. I wanted to see if anything could make these Sims think for themselves. I didn't give her a bed, she didn't need one for about three days. She didn't need a shower for about three days, and she didn't need anyone to talk with, or food and or fun for about three days and then it was just the minimal motive effect. This game is so easy it can be played in my sleep. There was nothing pushing to fill any motives or do anything other than fiddle with a phone because she absolutely didn't need anythig for three days. Therefore, without any motive and or emotion to push them there is nothing in that magic bag but a phone loop, and AI is awol. Note, I didn't interfere with her much so I could see just how smart the Sim would be (no bookcase, TV etc.) and they are pretty ignorant since she did nothing but retry and retry to use a phone since there was no one to socialize with over and over with that loop, and or a pc to use over and over on that loop etc. It's all a farce, they don't know anything.

Some may break out of a loop but not often. The less in a house and if you don't direct them to learn something, cook something, do something they have no idea what they should be doing living alone.

Personally I've found the needs to fall slowly as well. Even if they did fall quickly it wouldn't matter--the moodlet levels protect your sim from any real consequences for DAYS. Like it takes three days to starve to death. Not to sound maniacal, but that's kind of a pain and feels like baby proofing. To me, personally, and I don't even actively kill off Sims.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Renato10 wrote: »
    As I said before, yes Im looking for to the end of TS4 but I will get more excited with the anauncement of a competitor rather than TS5.

I feel like a need of "divorce"! The good moments of the past will be forever with me but the present its making me sick and future seems dark.
    TS4 is not the game I fell in love with in 2000 and kipped me with it until 2013. Its not the same anymore.

I agree with you on the divorce. Sims just isn't what it used to be unfortunately and I'm tired of the excuses and empty packs. I'm ready to move onto another game entirely. I'm really keeping up with this new simulation game (a possible Sims competition) that's coming out. I'm ready to move on to that.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Funny how everyone always say sims 4 looks pretty ( i said that too) but honestly its not even good looking game. I just bought planet coaster and planet zoo ( not released yet) and the style and attentions of details is soo different.
    Sims is just over priced game and dews just don't care or can't do they're job. I said it. The sims quality is not noway near the quality of 2019 simulation games. If people would look other new games they maybe would see how much ea trows sh## to us to buy.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Funny how everyone always say sims 4 looks pretty ( i said that too) but honestly its not even good looking game. I just bought planet coaster and planet zoo ( not released yet) and the style and attentions of details is soo different.
    Sims is just over priced game and dews just don't care or can't do they're job. I said it. The sims quality is not noway near the quality of 2019 simulation games. If people would look other new games they maybe would see how much ea trows sh## to us to buy.

Planet Zoo is breathtaking. November can't get here soon enough.

^^ yup it's so amazing looking and how realistic the animals move. Build move looks like it offer limitless possibilities. The sims could never do that.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    It's quite funny to me moderators someone enters my negative thread to put me on ignore. Hopefully you see what we deal with here everyday. I look forward to seeing TS5 or whatever it will be called. I'm ready for TS4 to end and I stated why in my first post. I was willing to give this 'EP' a chance, I read everything, watched a few gameplay sessions, read reviews, and most agree with me this isn't an EP standard. It's a GP sold at EP price, add that to the many reasons TS4 is on a downhill spiral. Let alone all the bugs it added to previous EPs or GPs I do have. I'm not willing to spend good money after bad. Not even on sale. But alas, am I not allowed to say it out loud with out those who need a happy safe space coming into my threads to only say they have put me on ignore. ROFL...I feel for those who will face adversity and their ideas and beliefs challenged in life, if they have to put people on ignore. It only tells me they don't have a leg to stand on. Because if you do then you can debate and make a case, if you don't, then hide and ignore. ETA: And anyone who put me on ignore should leave the thread moderators, because then they are just here to troll.

OR perhaps just ignoring the negative is a better option.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

^^ yup it's so amazing looking and how realistic the animals move. Build move looks like it offer limitless possibilities. The sims could never do that.

The Sims Studio doesn’t look to innovate anymore. They could really be doing a ton of amazing things, actually leading within life simulation.

Right now, all they’re looking to do is milk this product to the ground with poor DLC.

The Sims Studio doesn’t look to innovate anymore. They could really be doing a ton of amazing things, actually leading within life simulation.

Right now, all they’re looking to do is milk this product to the ground with poor DLC.

^^yup. I'm just waiting that paralives would release that new life simulation game and could play games that are worth of the money. Like i changed sim city's to city skylines till i was so over it how it never improved from previous games, only downgrade. Even tho i was always huge fan of the sims and any sidegames but there are better games that just don't have familiar name like the sims.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top