Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did you do with Magnolia Promenade?

I'm in the process of rebuilding/populating all of the worlds for my game.
I think I have more than enough residential lots(I've been turning some of the bigger lots into multiple trailers or condo's to house 6-8 sims each), but I don't really know what I want to do with Magnolia Promenade. I think I've visited the retail lots there a total of once,,,, when they came out lol.

So, what did you all decide to do with Magnolia Promenade? :>

Comments

• MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    I have two played retails there now (clothing and woodwork), a huge gym with climbing treadmills (instead of that big empty and sad trade center) and a spa from Maxis gallery.
    So my sport and wellness Sims go there a lot.
    I actually like the promenade itself and the world in general.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I put in Sunnyside diner and left it as it was apart from that.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I've created a restaurant promenade with Magnolia Promenade. Currently I have Diner, Asian, Seafood and an Italian restaurants in my most recent save file.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Magnolia Promenade is my go to for retail lots. I tend to view it as a town centre/shopping area. Sometimes I add a bakery, restaurant or cinema. My main sim has a little bookshop there where he can do his freelance work and write and sell his books.
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Turned into a make believe college town. Two apartment buildings, a nightclub, and a park.
  • KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    In one save, I turned it into residential with brick warehouse-type homes; everyone that lived there were artists. In another save, I used it for restaurants and bars, kind of a party square. Its one of my favorite places because it is like its on little place.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Most of the time I ignore it. In my current save I have a general store, a bakery, a carpenter's shop and a books and collectables store.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    It’s nice to have a small neighborhood to do something with a theme. I used mine as the religious center with a large cathedral, small chapel, graveyard, and Vicar’s cottage.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,285 Member
    In two iterations of my ancestral game save, I placed my Sims' Trading post. Another time it was his father's Tavern.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2019
    All community lots, mostly restaurants and bars, a gym, a park. The name Magnolia Promenade just screams outdoor mall to me.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I'm not sure what to do with it yet. I haven't quite got the hang of retail while having a family thing either.
  • SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    I deleted all the lots and made it into several park-like areas.
  • Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    edited August 2019
    I built a church/chapel that my sims can get married at on one lot, then a retirement home for elder sims (which by the way is so fun to play!), and a community garden, so that the retirees can garden and the weddings at the chapel can have photos there afterwards, it's also a great place for my other world sims to pick up produce to plant on their own lots.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I usually place Chez Llama restaurant on the empty lot and I replace one of the smaller shops with a photo studio.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Absolutely nothing and I’m so ashamed.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Meegie1977 wrote: »
    I built a church/chapel that my sims can get married at on one lot, then a retirement home for elder sims (which by the way is so fun to play!), and a community garden, so that the retirees can garden and the weddings at the chapel can have photos there afterwards, it's also a great place for my other world sims to pick up produce to plant on their own lots.

I'd love to hear more about your retirement home!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I downloaded LittleMsSam's gender-restricting lot trait and turned Magnolia Promenade into a recreational area for women only. It currently has a restaurant, a spa, a clothing store and an arts centre, the latter being the hangout of my Women Power club.
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    It was untouched in my game for a very long time. Now it contains a wedding venue, a restaurant, a wellness/gym and a bowling/skating park.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I forgot it exists.
  • Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    Meegie1977 wrote: »

I'd love to hear more about your retirement home!

It's awesome, I have a big two storey house with 8 single bedrooms upstairs with 2 shared bathrooms, then downstairs there is a kitchen, small toilet cubicles, a big dining room and an activity room with games and a tv, bookcases, also a pool outside and the ring toss game and a small garden. I put all the retireea into a group so I can make them all do activites, like read, yoga, play piano and sing as a group. Then occasionally I take them on days out to the community garden or to other community lots. I use a butler as the caretaker/chef and a maid to help keep the place cleaned. I like using the call to meal action to make them eat together. It's so funny, some of them are grumpy and erratic or slobs, so things get pretty strange! 🙂
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Nothing. I'm only vaguely aware of its exsistence.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Sharma Day Spa, Divisadero Budget Books, EverFresh Delights Supermarket and The Roadstead (which I plan on revamping as a large clothes shop).
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    my MP is a LGBT+ nightlife world with 2lounges, 1 karaoke bar and 1 nightclub
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I've not done anything to it. I have enough bars, nightclubs and gyms. Other community lots are not interesting to me, I'm usually reducing the number of each type in every save. Oh, I do put down a spa some times, or combine spa/wellness with a gym if space permits. I've tried owning retail, it was frustrating. So I'm staying away.

I'll probably use it for residential, if I ever run out of space. Maybe.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I visited the retail stores last night while I was playing just to see what they were like and wow they are poop. I might have to get rid of those at some point and replace them with something more useful to me.