Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Eyeball Ring...A Poll!

Comments

• CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    what is an eyeball ring

Look up the thread, someone had "kindly" posted a big ol' pic of the eyeball ring. ;)
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    > @ChelleJo said:
    > I hate it so much, I have a mod specifically designed to stop townies from being able to wear it. And those god awful rings from Get Famous are getting to that same level of despise for me.

What mod? It's really bugging me.

It's MCCC, you can blacklist clothing items, apparently. I haven't had a chance to try that yet.
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    Found out yesterday what it was when updating a sim in CAS. Hideous! What were they thinking, if they were?

Congrats! You will now be hyper-focused on the thing and see it on All The Sims just like the rest of us. I bet just about every sim you have and every sim you make in the future will be wearing it, you have been warned. ;)
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    Every random generated Sim or these ugly holiday outfits my Sims wear when I don't play them (why is this happening??) all of them have the eyeball ring. Wth, it's ugly af and clashes with the eyelashes I use.
    #deleteeyeballring k thanks
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    The eyeball ring is a conspiracy!

I started that challenge. Everyone's welcome to come help me, or just post pictures of the Ring!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/962828/the-eyeball-ring-challenge/p1
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    All hand and hat accessories should be disabled for random Sims.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    mika wrote: »
    All hand and hat accessories should be disabled for random Sims.

Add stupid costumes to that list. :D
  • nikki_maevenikki_maeve Posts: 117 Member
    What? There's an Eyeball ring?
    I thought you were talking about a literal ring for your eyeball. Ouch.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    I don't hate the ring simply because of its existence for that would be petty. I have learned to hate it because it is EVERYWHERE. Why does every game generated Sim wear this ring to complete their ridiculous outfit? Hot weather wear, cold weather wear, eyeballs everywhere. Sometimes I just edit Sims to remove the ring. I feel like Sisyphus because when my work is done it begins all over again, I push the large eyeball up the steep hill only for it to roll back down again as surely the next generated Sim will rock this tacky, plastic joke of an accessory in an effort to look even more ridiculous than the Sim that was generated before them. It must be stopped!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    I used to wear an eyeball ring when I was a teenager, so there was a time in my life when I thought an eyeball ring was cool. TS4 ripped that right out of me. I use MCCC but I keep forgetting to blacklist that ugly ring.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Love it!!!!!
    Love is a bit strong, but I have a quirky "magic" sim, Elle Pancakes, who adores that ring and her character wouldn't be complete without it. I'm not sure whether anyone else of my sims uses it though, at least so that I had made them to use it...
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Love it!!!!!
    I have eyeball rings, earrings, bracelets you name it in real life, so I'm well pleased I can have it in the Sims 2 Same goes for the ice cream earrings, i just like quirky.
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Livinity wrote: »
    It's tacky, obnoxious, aged like vinegar so ofc I love it! At least it stands out, I can't tell the difference between most rings, we need new ones. I want a crest ring, one with a huge diamond and one of those candy ones just because haha

This description of it <3. And yes to the candy ring and ridiculous large diamond ring. :D

Sure, it would be nice if townies didn't spawn with it so often, but I really like to use it for my more quirky sims. I like quirky jewelry in general.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    For those folks who haven't noticed the eyeball ring or had a different initial mental image, it is a finger ring with an eyeball design and not an eyeball piercing we're talking about here. :D
    Yes, it is a base game ring. Chances are quite high that your sim is wearing it since you first made him/her. It is also quite likely that all of your sims are wearing the silly thing. ;)
    @QueenofMyshuno, I LOVE the idea of a Secret Society Of The Eyeball Ring! That puts a fun spin on it.
    I also love the rebellious teen rebelling and occult slant too.
    Nope, sorry, no neutral options on purpose. Camp Love or Camp Hate you must choose, young Jedis, there is no meh. ;)

Thank you for the explanation. I was totally lost and had the notion some poor fool of a Sim had pierced their eyeball. :open_mouth: You have to admit various places on a body in RL have been pierced by some that defy all sensibility. :*
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    I wish there was an option to delete clothes items like that from your cas. But you could get it back if you start a new game, or delete it again if you want.
  • NeenzNeenz Posts: 44 Member
    I'll pass, thanks ;)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    Neenz wrote: »
    I'll pass, thanks ;)

Ah! That's fine. I just saw the link on maxis match cc world and thought I would share for anybody that wants it. It just disables the ugly ring for randoms. Well at least that's what the description says it does. I haven't tested it myself yet. :)
  • YaobikuniYaobikuni Posts: 5 New Member
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    @Sharonia You totally beat me to it. I was just about to post the link to MsFrankenstein910. Lol! Let's celebrate our eyeball-ringless life!
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    Lol, I too, went there in my head for a sec about a ring for your eyeball, whaaatt?! But---

Blacklisted in a hot minute.

Unfortunately, in my Saves that I play after Patches, it keeps coming back like the memory of that musky body spray my uni crush used to wear.

Please, Maxis, just disable accessories for NPCs, or I may rage quit and try to look him up on Facebook....
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Hate it!
    Lol.... I don’t use it much, but hate is kind of a strong word.... lol....
  • LexiBaiLexiBai Posts: 29 Member
    Didnt even know it existed, its not that bad
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I don’t like it. I would have also preferred if the poll wasn’t over exaggerated with “OMG” and overuse of exclamation points. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited August 2019
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    After much googling, I did find one DF replacement.

https://maxismatchccworld.tumblr.com/post/181261029790/thegirlwiththeleadarrow-dbclaytons-eyeball-ring
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • petewentospetewentos Posts: 90 Member
    It's pretty okay for me. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either 😛 I've only used it for one of my sims because the person they were based off of had an eyeball ring in real life so that was pretty nice.
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d44708035316c432e5b02f0&rid=giphy.gif
    i just got so emo, i fell apart.
    origin id: petewentos