Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

--CLOSED--Casting Call for Sims SURVIVOR Reality Show

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    Just watched the introduction. Fantastic job! So glad Irving got a spot on this. Everyone looks really good, and that Jax....woot...he's hot!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Very happy Aubrey made it in- and even happier that there's an Audrey in there with her :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Great job gamelia! I can’t wait to see the action! Lol!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • gameliagamelia Posts: 703 Member
    edited August 2019
    Very happy Aubrey made it in- and even happier that there's an Audrey in there with her :D

Yeah, the similar names might be confusing, so I reserve the right to give one or both of them a nickname. :D
    --+++ Simming since 2000. All packs. All in! +++--
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Marvelous job! The editing was really good!
    jzZP0sJ.png
    gamelia wrote: »

Yeah, the similar names might be confusing, so I reserve the right to give one or both of them a nickname. :D

Mkay... If you give Aubrey a nickname make sure it's creative.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @gamelia Just watched your video. It looks fantastic can't wait to watch more! :) You can change or give any name to my Audrey, no problem. :)
  • StarDreamerStarDreamer Posts: 101 Member
    Erin looks like she's having a ton of fun already! The editing is incredible, and everyone's Sims look really cool and intresting. I can't wait for the season to start!
    edited August 2019
    Erin looks like she's having a ton of fun already! The editing is incredible, and everyone's Sims look really cool and intresting. I can't wait for the season to start!

Sim boo-ty shakin' is so cute!
    edited August 2019
    Just remembered that I forgot Aubrey's bio- I'll go ahead and give you one now.

Aubrey isn't the one who entered herself in this contest- it was actually her best friend who thought she needed to get away from work. She was always busy making pet treats and selling them to try and earn money for her own vet clinic, while practicing comedy on the side, because why not? After all, if her horrid parents couldn't succeed, she would. When Aubrey was 8 she was put in social services because her parents had been out of the house for a full month and they had been out of food for two days. She was on the brink of starvation and only barely made it. She was never adopted, and after her 18th birthday, she left her current foster parents, who were living in Del Sol Valley, for Brindleton Bay. It was her childhood home, and it was known for its great vets. Maybe she could find a mentor, and fulfill her dream. Now, only a few months later, she is already only a couple of thousand simoleans from doing it. And the reward money from this contest is fantastic- which is the only reason she agreed with that friend.

Hope it's good... I kinda came up with it on the spot.

funny-gifs20.gif

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Aubrey and Audrey may come by nicknames naturally, depending on how the competition goes! Sometimes things happen that you just never live down. o.o

Ransom will probably come up with something cute to call Audrey in his head. He's a foodie, she's a cook, they're both athletic... I'm just saying.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
    @nerdfashion Thanks for the bio! I was going to ask. :) I may shorten this one and others to keep them consistent, but it will be fun to introduce the contestants with some background information.
    @nerdfashion Thanks for the bio! I was going to ask. :) I may shorten this one and others to keep them consistent, but it will be fun to introduce the contestants with some background information.

No big deal, it started to bug me once I realized I forgot it :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

edited August 2019
    WtQ56u.png

Name: Billie McLoren
    Career: Caterer
    Skills: Culinary and charisma
    Traits: Romantic, Music Lover, Active, Essence of Flavor
    Aspiration: Master Chef
    Origin ID: birosetyler
    Bio: An athletic and charismatic chef with a penchant for romance, Billie loves music as well as they love a good curry or samosa and hopes to use any potential winnings to open their own restaurant!

I noticed you used "they" and "their" to refer to Billie. Is that Billie's preferred (gender-neutral) pronoun? Or is "she" or "he" preferred?
  • badxwolfxrisingbadxwolfxrising Posts: 69 Member
    WtQ56u.png

Bio: An athletic and charismatic chef with a penchant for romance, Billie loves music as well as they love a good curry or samosa and hopes to use any potential winnings to open their own restaurant!

I noticed you used "they" and "their" to refer to Billie. Is that Billie's preferred (gender-neutral) pronoun? Or is "she" or "he" preferred?

I used they/them because I sorta imagined them as non-binary, but also to leave it at the player's discretion. However you want to play them is fine. :)
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Stan is like “WHAT AM I DOIN HERE? GET ME OUT!”

Stan will be easy to recognise. Everyone could just say “oh that’s tje old, grumpy man” :’)

Great editing! I like the video <3
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    WtQ56u.png

I used they/them because I sorta imagined them as non-binary, but also to leave it at the player's discretion. However you want to play them is fine. :)

Out of respect for Billie and all the gender-fluid people of the world, I will try to use gender-neutral pronouns, but I may slip. I must admit that I'm old-school and have worked in the publishing industry for a long time--Chicago Manual of Style and all that--and I have a binary brain when it comes to grammar. Although publishers now allow "they" and "their" to refer to individuals, this old dog is having a hard time with the switch. Billie has already become a "he" in my mind, so if I slip it will likely be in that direction.
    Skeilah wrote: »

Stan will be easy to recognise. Everyone could just say “oh that’s tje old, grumpy man” :’)

Did you notice that he smashed Irving's sand sculpture? Chase is a grumpy bear, for sure!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member

Did you notice that he smashed Irving's sand sculpture? Chase is a grumpy bear, for sure!

Yes, well, Irving is used to being picked on. But no worries, because he may just walk by and accidentally kick sand in Chase's face or befriend him to have an ally. Afterall, Chase has cooking skills and those will come in handy. You can never tell what Irving might do because he's...ummm...erratic.
  • DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    OMG, what an awesome intro! It looks so professional!
    I can't wait for what comes :D
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Stoked about how this looks as well as Cassie making it (though the squeamish Dolph would've been hilarious to see also).

I can't wait to see how the teams break down as well as which team is hilariously innept >:)
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I loved the intro. Can't wait for more :)
  • badxwolfxrisingbadxwolfxrising Posts: 69 Member
    WtQ56u.png

Out of respect for Billie and all the gender-fluid people of the world, I will try to use gender-neutral pronouns, but I may slip. I must admit that I'm old-school and have worked in the publishing industry for a long time--Chicago Manual of Style and all that--and I have a binary brain when it comes to grammar. Although publishers now allow "they" and "their" to refer to individuals, this old dog is having a hard time with the switch. Billie has already become a "he" in my mind, so if I slip it will likely be in that direction.

Old habits die hard, so no worries if you slip up, the point is that your heart is in the right place and you give a fig about being respectful. :)

Intro looks great, btw! Can't wait to see what shenanigans this group will get into.
  • StarDreamerStarDreamer Posts: 101 Member
    I can't wait! :D
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Great first episode!

I love watching this as much as the real show! Wonderful job of editing!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg