I've been playing (or trying to play) with off the grid since Island living came out and I've encountered a few things that are raising frustration to near the point of wanting walking away. It was a feature I was really looking forward to.
- Can't clean toilets or sinks
- Can't change the water for the wash-bin
- Can't wash toddler in any off-the-grid functioning bathtubs; nor does he gain any hygiene for playing in the ocean (not sure if they are also supposed to)
- Off-the-grid friendly lights are not labelled (not sure if this was intentional)
- (from Key Point lot) anti-environmentalists are in my queue from half the island away to argue with me, then stay on my lot as an invited guest (when they were not...)
- Some routing issues in the island cleanup, more-so with volcanic waste
- I'm also not sure if it's intentional that if you live off-the-grid, that there is no feasible way to adopt a child or a pet
- Oh, and sometimes fish traps disappear when you attempt to place them in-world. Sometimes they reappear if you exit the save, then re-load
- I also got some bugs with "fire" on my lot. I had a campfire, and nothing caught fire. Literal nothing, the tile next to it, caught fire and no sim could route to put it out. I had to wait until it died out completely from burning absolutely nothing.
- Also for the "angling ace" aspiration, the "fish at 3 different locations" - it doesn't count any fishing places in Sulani