Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Anyone Else Playing a Farm? (Screenshots)

My farm people were supposed to be poor and miserable, but they actually ended up happily living in an idyllic setting. It's very relaxing to play. I really put off building this farm out because for some reason, I don't like doing outdoor builds, but once I started, I really got into it, and I like the way it turned out.

Are you playing a farm? If you are, show me your screenshots or tell me about your farm. *Links to cc are on my Tumblr.*

08668f95ce99646ce4e06062bff74a0b72de9617.png

1f310e338f75e0e96e4abdeaa04ed9d6e0851257.png

f73318ff0959d1d583364315d388ee2420658ff0.png

21a5eb66f36afd648a08d833830c0591dae2561e.png

88375fad5a6a551c9d7668bb918cbce5a8bdf6cc.png

aa091788a0de0483d4d5413f00bbd9b294a4d9b2.png

BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    I don’t use mods or custom content, but if we get a farm pack, I do have a family picked out to be farmers. The wife already has a hot house with a lot of plants, and the husband fishes part time, and fixes peoples plumbing....but, really want them to have a farm with animals.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I made a farm, too! Well, I made a few farms sized from huge to teeny, but none of them have cc, so there are no animals. This is the huge one:

tumblr_inline_pqk1hm4gu01ukb6nu_1280.png

tumblr_inline_pqk1yxb6NL1ukb6nu_1280.png
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I don’t use mods or custom content, but if we get a farm pack, I do have a family picked out to be farmers. The wife already has a hot house with a lot of plants, and the husband fishes part time, and fixes peoples plumbing....but, really want them to have a farm with animals.

You can always download dogs and cats from the gallery that are put together to look like farm animals, although you're obviously going to have cows and goats that want to curl up on your couch, haha.
    I made a farm, too! Well, I made a few farms sized from huge to teeny, but none of them have cc, so there are no animals. This is the huge one...

Oh wow, that looks amazing. I like how you sectioned it all off with the different areas for different things. I have a hard time figuring out how to section mine out, where to put the path, stuff like that. I really like your orchard and your clutter by the barn, too. Yours looks great!
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited August 2019
    Oh wow, that looks amazing. I like how you sectioned it all off with the different areas for different things. I have a hard time figuring out how to section mine out, where to put the path, stuff like that. I really like your orchard and your clutter by the barn, too. Yours looks great!

I actually did a little research because I wanted it to look real, but be functional for Sims! I'm really proud of it! I also wanted there to be room for animals so people could add their own cc.

If you're interested in a trip to Tumblr, my playthrough story is here.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I've been planning on playing the role of a farmer but I keep putting it off because I'm too invested in my current saves. Maybe I'll move one of my current Sims into a farm and continue it from there.
    If you're interested in a trip to Tumblr, my playthrough story is here.
    Visited your fantastic tumblr! OMG Your lots are amazing!! And your stories are so diverse in subject and so creative. Really nicely done!
    filipomel wrote: »
    I've been planning on playing the role of a farmer but I keep putting it off because I'm too invested in my current saves. Maybe I'll move one of my current Sims into a farm and continue it from there.
    I think you would really have a lot of fun if you do. I hope you'll come back and post pics on the forums if you decide to make a farm. I love to see what other people are doing in their game, especially if it's something unique, like farming.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    My farm people were supposed to be poor and miserable, but they actually ended up happily living in an idyllic setting. It's very relaxing to play. I really put off building this farm out because for some reason, I don't like doing outdoor builds, but once I started, I really got into it, and I like the way it turned out.

Being a farmer is more healthy than living in a city or a village, because you are exercising a lot more, you get constant fresh air, and you become self-sufficent through farming.

I got one character i could bring into it, his name is Bethany Angelis, he prefers the name "Haney". He loves farming and gardening and spends most of his time outside rather than being cooped up in his converted barnhouse. I haven't played him recently, but i can work something up.
  • tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    I build a small farm in Windenburg a long time ago. Seeing these other farms, I'll have to go back and touch up on it. Especially with more packs and cc available now.

PENtYHc.png
    5Z8OCtU.png
    Bethany Louise "Haney" Angelis

dgp2bib.png
    A possible concept of one type of layout that could be used?
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I love the pictures. The first few pics with the animals, I did that exact same thing in sims2. Had sooo much fun with it.

I downloaded a farmhouse for my current game from the gallery, but haven't really used it yet.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited August 2019
    HORSES!!!! <3
    Sorry I get "a Little" hysterical when I see Horses :D.
    Lovely screenshots @QueenofMyshuno & @phantasmkiss :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    This makes me want farm animals and horses so badly!!
    a256aFi.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Everyone's farms are awesome! I love looking at sim farms, I wish we had real ones.

I just built the Fox family farmhouse from Appaloosa Plains in the Sims 3:
    Fox.png?dl=0

@tanakaki Your farm looks really cute! I could only see a tiny picture of it, but the dog looks like a good breed for a farm dog, too!

@Hoverael Oh yes, I like your layout so much and the way you utilized the fences! Your silo looks great, too!

@BlkBarbiegal Thank you! :)

@Busufu Thank you so much! I was so thrilled to find the cc horses for Sims 4! :)

@FreezerBunnyCowplant It's really fun to position the farm animals and move them around, like from the barn to the yard, and makes for lovely screenshots.

@elanorbreton I never thought of putting a farm or ranch on a sandy lot, but yours looks fantastic! There's something very realistic about the way you set it up.

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I made a farm, too! Well, I made a few farms sized from huge to teeny, but none of them have cc, so there are no animals. This is the huge one:

tumblr_inline_pqk1hm4gu01ukb6nu_1280.png

Wow. This layout has inspired me to finally do something with the huge lot in Newcrest.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm not really playing it as a farm really, because I rarely play this family. They are more secondary characters still, but want to have farm animals on it one day... actually in the process of replacing the builds in that save so when I get back to this family I'll probably give them some plants. An orchard might be nice actually.. less upkeep. It should still be somewhat like this in the future but hopefully with chickens and cows!

JCLWHqM.png

It's suppose to be Marnie's Farmhouse in my stardew save. I didn't build it and can be found under the name Marnie's Ranch House on the Gallery.
    egTcBMc.png
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I dont oppose mods, I have mountaints of them and I really want to play farmer but i'm still patiently wait for Maxis to officially make packs for this with all the animals and stuff.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    JCLWHqM.png

Imagine having cows in that fenced off area at the right! :) I want a Farming expansion now!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    My Winterfest Tree Farm

Kc8yanK.jpg

It's a retail lot. There are lots of decorations for sale inside the barn, and as well as pre-decorated trees. The little kiosk sells hot drinks.
  • LexiBaiLexiBai Posts: 29 Member
    won't be playing a farm family until EA gives us horses, just thought id complain :)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    My Winterfest Tree Farm

It's a retail lot. There are lots of decorations for sale inside the barn, and as well as pre-decorated trees. The little kiosk sells hot drinks.

Love the idea of farm as retail lot! It adds to the farm neighborhood, wuthout being sort disfunctional.

I have several farms in my region, but they are all residential.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Not quite playing yet (only did a temporary play test), but I just finished building a farm for one of my families.

tumblr_pw2ixgow3o1yrscsao7_540.png
    tumblr_pw2ixgow3o1yrscsao2_540.png
    tumblr_pw2ixgow3o1yrscsao6_540.png
    tumblr_pw2ixgow3o1yrscsao5_540.png
    tumblr_pw2ixgow3o1yrscsao1_540.png

There's no animal area besides a dog obstacle course as we don't have a farming pack yet, but there's a big gardening area :)
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019

Are you playing a farm? If you are, show me your screenshots or tell me about your farm. *Links to cc are on my Tumblr.*

08668f95ce99646ce4e06062bff74a0b72de9617.png

1f310e338f75e0e96e4abdeaa04ed9d6e0851257.png

f73318ff0959d1d583364315d388ee2420658ff0.png

21a5eb66f36afd648a08d833830c0591dae2561e.png

88375fad5a6a551c9d7668bb918cbce5a8bdf6cc.png

aa091788a0de0483d4d5413f00bbd9b294a4d9b2.png

Seems like a good start. Farming in general requires acres of land for crops or livestock. Large machinery for watering, etc. Not a single farmer uses a gardening watering can to hydrate their crops. :lol: (Unless otherwise 100% situationally necessary)

I’d like to see this expanded more. Sadly, it might not even be possible with the lot size restrictions in TS4.

It’ll just make it look like a large garden plot rather than a farm.

And yes, farming =/= gardening. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    edited August 2019
    @Hoverael Oh yes, I like your layout so much and the way you utilized the fences! Your silo looks great, too!

Working on another potential layout. when i have the time for it, it will go up.

qrfCKfH.png

XAEkpbH.png

tszJgW6.png
    Post edited by Hoverael on