Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What the heck is so funny?!

So recently I re-made my favorite sim couple, all is going good. They moved in with her grandmother, and I set up their own room. But here is the odd thing. Ever since my sims moved here his fiance'e is laughing at him. CONSTANTLY. If she goes to bed before him and he comes to bed, she will get out of bed just to point and laugh at her fiance'e.

Then her grandmother started doing it too. It was 3 am. I usually send grandma to bed around 10:30 sim time. Grandma woke up, RAN across the bottom floor, up the stairs, across the landing to the bedroom, And then just pointed and laughed at her soon to be (and also sleeping) future grandson in law.

It isn't terribly bothersome aside from it waking my sims up in the middle of the night (and they often wake the toddlers up out of boredom).

It is happening often that they'll just come flying across the lot to laugh at this poor guy and I just don't get why. What the heck is so funny about him?!
"Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast

Comments

• Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    It sounds like the reaction to some inappropriate behavior, like wearing the wrong clothes, sleeping in a bed he isn't supposed to, stuff like that. Most of that shouldn't matter if he is part of the active family.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited August 2019
    It's been a while since something like this has happened in my game but the only way I could stop it was to use MC to reset the target of the heckling/laughing. If you don't use MC go into edit town mode and move him out then back in.
  • Options
    AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    Yep, Mikezumi nailed it, she's heckling him. I've experienced it mostly when coming back from traveling so maybe it's something to do with moving houses? Sometimes my sims get bugged heckling AND having their ignorance berated when they get back. I reset the sim and that usually takes care of it. If not I just go into edit town and move the broken sim onto the clipboard and then back into the household. I'm sure through MC is much less complicated, though lol
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I found it so annoying when my sims heckled their own family members, I used NRaas Retuner to disable heckling entirely.
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    I thought his traits must've just made a really wonky personality, I didn't realize this might actually be a real bug. Thanks everyone!
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    It's not really a bug, it's an interaction that was put into the game deliberately with the Showtime patch, primarily so sims could heckle live performers if they didn't like their performance.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @IreneSwift I think it is a bug if sims are constantly dropping everything, including their sleep, to heckle.