Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Really Need Help w/ Posing

Hi fellow Simmers. I recently stepped into the world of posing for Sims 3. I want to be able to pose Sims especially couples. I tried to download the Pose Player several times, but it didn't work. I just ended up with a bunch of popups, weird search engines and programs that I didn't want or need and no Pose Player. I even restored my whole computer because I was afraid I might've put virus or malware on it. Can I do poses (singles, families and couples alike) without Pose Player or any other mods?

Thank you in advance! :)

Comments

• SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited April 2014
    You got the pose player directly from mod the sims? It takes you directly to .zip file and it has no ads with it. Something went very wrong there. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=438706

Always make sure when you download something that you read the name of file before installing/extracting it to your computer.

If the file is uploaded to a mediafire and you don't have an account it will popup ads as soon as start to download the file. Adfly makes you wait several seconds before downloading. The upper right hand corner is your countdown. Always choose skip ad and never download from the screen that first pops up.

Other than this, I have no idea what went wrong when you downloaded the pose player. Good luck to you.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited April 2014
    Can I do poses (singles, families and couples alike) without Pose Player or any other mods?

Pose Player is the mod you need and as far as I know, there is only one and that is from MTS. There is no other way. Just follow what SikoahGrace posted. :mrgreen:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited April 2014
    As SikoahGrace said, the legitimate pose player is from Modthesims. MTS is a safe site. I believe all you need to do to download things is to register.

If you are getting strange popups and PUPs installed onto your machine, then it is very simple - you aren't on the correct site. If a unwanted program was installed, I recommend running a scan with an anti-virus program. To make sure, scan with I'd say at least two different programs. One program might detect something that another doesn't. Restoring your computer doesn't always help to get rid of viruses, malware, etc.

Along with the base pose player mod, Modthesims also has a wide variety of poses that you can download as well. And safely. :)

Hope it all works out. Happy Simming.
    edited April 2014
    I should mention, if this is your first time downloading any kind of modification for the game, you should start by reading many of the FAQs on custom content also available on Modthesims. :)

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Custom_Content
  • ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you for your advice. I can never get past "resource.cfg" step of the whole mods process. Whenever I do get it, it asks if I want to open it up with Internet Explorer.

I'm about to give up on the whole thing. *sigh*

I just downloaded a 7-zip. Where do I go from there?
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited April 2014
    Just put the whole mods folder in your sims 3 folder in your documents folder...you shouldn't have to fiddle with the files in it.

I don't use 7zip but with winrar you just highlight the file and extract to documents electronic arts the sims 3....

If it's your framework that needs work you'll have to look that part up yourself.
    Make sure to back up your game.

Follow this EXACTLY as it says. Read all the FAQs and warnings.

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files
    edited April 2014
    I don't believe the resource file has to be opened or extracted. Pretty sure it downloads in cfg format. So all you'd do after you have it is create your folders.

Within - my documents>electronic arts>the sims 3 you'll want to create a mods folder.

Move the resource.cfg file into your mods folder. Then, create a folder within your mods folder called packages. Any thing you want to download, including poses and the pose player, should be placed within the packages folder in order to show up in your game.
  • ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    edited April 2014
    Okay. I followed the instructions, and I have Pose Player installed. Thank you so Much for everything! :)
    edited April 2014
    Okay. I followed the instructions, and I have Pose Player installed. Thank you so Much for everything! :)

Woo! Glad you got it to work! Have fun!
  • SimaphobiaSimaphobia Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello! I have a question.. I just got a ton of poses, but only two poses shown up. I have a lot of standing poses, but i'm not sure why only two poses shown up and they are ones that only show the head and some of the arms. Also, why don't the standing poses show up? Answer my questions asap. Please and thank you!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @Simaphobia
    Hi I'm not sure if any of the users on this thread are around anymore, as the thread is from 2014.But if you wanna send me a private message, so we don't keep bumping this, I can walk you through the process of getting poses installed.

The first issue that comes to mind is, the poses that you installed are not list compatible, which means they won't show up on the pose player, you would have to manually enter the pose's name into the box.PM and I can help you with that.
    Thank you. But do you think you could help me with getting the Pose Player? Because whenever I go on Andrews Studio and get the Pose Player and Teleport A Sim, it always shows up as a zip and not a package.
    And also is this only for The Sims 3? If so, then this may not work because I only have The Sims 4.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    @Simaphobia you're in the TS3 section over here. However, I can help you with the file being a zip - you need to unzip it with an unzipping program such as Winrar or 7zip and then the script and package files should be placed in your mods folder.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2019
    Simaphobia wrote: »
    And also is this only for The Sims 3? If so, then this may not work because I only have The Sims 4.
    This is the TS3 section of the forum. All forms of added content, including pose players, are going to be very different and need to be handled differently for TS4 as the two games are programmed so differently from each other. You will probably want to repost this question on the TS4 section, if you can find a suitable thread to add onto while awaiting full membership status.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @GraceyManor Not around anymore...what am I, chopped liver? :lol:

@Simaphobia As others have said, this is the Sims 3 side of the forums. I don't know much about TS4, but I was searching around for anyone who has your problem. Seems at least a few people notice not all poses show up, but I haven't found a real solution to it yet. So, yeah, you might have more luck posting on the TS4 section here, or on the Sims4Studio forums.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Emily4331 I meant on this particular thread I’m sorry. 😂 I’m afraid I’m no use when it comes to sims 4 I played a grand total of 3 hours lol
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top