Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you enjoy cheating for Sim money or earning it?

13...Next

Comments

• PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited February 2013
    I like earning it. I have a witch character who has the "mooch" trait. I'll have her cast a love spell on someone, then when the person falls in love with her, she mooches money off of them. :lol: Yup, she's a ******. (I edited that word myself, since the forum would have done it for me, anyway. LOL.)
    :mrgreen:

Of course, now she has a bunch of Sims coming up to her to yell at her for "cheating" on them, and a few of them hate her, now. Her reputation is taking a nosedive because of it.
  • NataliePetmerNataliePetmer Posts: 156 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I absoloutley never ever cheat for money. I used to always cheat and then I realized how much more fun it was doing it wihtout cheats. It also give you incentives to create longer story lines.
  • RuffPuffianRuffPuffian Posts: 101 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I also think it's really easy to get money without cheating. At the start it can be hard to get your Sim to work and school (I have a thing for making lone teenagers [I kill the parents]) but it gets easier as you go along.
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'd love to sit here and say all my sims earn their money, but...... I honestly don't think I've ever had a family start with no money and become rich, I've ALWAYS cheated with every family. I always tell myself I won't but then it gets annoying when they have the cheapest furniture and it always breaks and they get bad moodlets so.......I'm a cheater. I think I need help. :(
    WLfAA9V.png
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'd love to hear some more opinions. I feel both ways, it just depends on what mood I'm in when I play. Sometimes I want to make my sim start out with nothing, work their way up to fabulous - and I feel awesome. Other times, I just get ton of sim dollars/points and build a mansion and skip all the hard stuff.

What do you prefer? Working for it? Or, cheats? :)

Be honest. :evil:

It depends on the story line I am working with. In one story, I had them left with money (not a lot). It explained why it was a teen a YA sister living alone without parents. (something I wanted to do) So I started them off with 50K and a house. Most others, I make them work for it, and well, because I didn't know about cheat codes and/or mods when I started, so that is how I play.
  • ShoangShoang Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'd love to sit here and say all my sims earn their money, but...... I honestly don't think I've ever had a family start with no money and become rich, I've ALWAYS cheated with every family. I always tell myself I won't but then it gets annoying when they have the cheapest furniture and it always breaks and they get bad moodlets so.......I'm a cheater. I think I need help. :(

Agreed...
    Maybe we should start/join a support group called “cheaters” or something…. I can’t help but to cheat..

Don’t think I ever started a family with the default household funds.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    edited February 2013
    I usually don't cheat, but there are times when I justify it. Like when I save a copy of my Sim to move her to another world, but forget to sell off the businesses she owns. No way I'm letting her lose §200k or more because of my own stupidity.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited February 2013
    I used to cheat all the time. But lately I like taking more time to earn it. However, I've been playing as an Werewolf Alchemist and he can make money like no ones business if he's hopped up on potent invigorating potions, and spends a few days collecting as a wolf and then crafting the potions. He once got 200,000 simoleans from one sale of his potions. :D

Once in a while I like to start out a sim or a family on an empty lot with zero dollars. For a while they all have to eat by harvesting from plants around town, shower at the gym, and get sleep by napping on park benches. But soon enough someone gets a job or finds a valuable collectible and they get the funds to put up a few walls and eventually manage to build up a respectable house to live in :) I like the challenge. I especially enjoy playing the story line of a homeless parent and a child living together. The dad refuses to get a job, so the family is forced to live on whatever the only child can scrape together.
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited February 2013
    Elmawa wrote:
    I used to cheat all the time. But lately I like taking more time to earn it. However, I've been playing as an Werewolf Alchemist and he can make money like no ones business if he's hopped up on potent invigorating potions, and spends a few days collecting as a wolf and then crafting the potions. He once got 200,000 simoleans from one sale of his potions. :D

Once in a while I like to start out a sim or a family on an empty lot with zero dollars. For a while they all have to eat by harvesting from plants around town, shower at the gym, and get sleep by napping on park benches. But soon enough someone gets a job or finds a valuable collectible and they get the funds to put up a few walls and eventually manage to build up a respectable house to live in :) I like the challenge. I especially enjoy playing the story line of a homeless parent and a child living together. The dad refuses to get a job, so the family is forced to live on whatever the only child can scrape together.

This actually sounds fun...I'm gonna try it!
    WLfAA9V.png
  • StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    edited February 2013
    Earning it.

I'm on my 9th generation and they live in a 1.1 million simolean house which they bought IN CASH (they literally upgraded from a 170,000 simolean house to the 1.1 million simolean one), and earn money from owning every single venue and property in town. They still work normal jobs, but they certainly don't have to, with a net worth north of 2.5 million simoleans.

To think the family started out as a single guy with a measly 2,000 simoleans. By his death he had amassed 300,000, so to have over 1 million 9 generations later is quite a feat.

P.S. the bills on a 1.1 million simolean house are HIGH. :shock: My astronaut Sim makes 15,000/week and their bills are 24,000/week. :P
  • lazythirdeyelazythirdeye Posts: 219 Member
    edited February 2013
    will i like doing both but i do cheat more then earning but that becuse i feel lazy when i play
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited February 2013
    I almost always start even my "honest" sims off with some sort of a little money boost (sometimes in story telling I call it an "inheritance" or maybe they took out a big loan or something, lol). I started using the money cheat in my TS1 days and I never looked back.

I don't mind working for a lot of things in the game, but I don't have as much time to play as I used to, so I like to just set them up the way I want and start playing. As other people have mentioned, being able to spoil my sims relieves a bit of the stress that I feel in real life. So, yeah, I cheat every now and then.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    edited February 2013
    "I don't like my Sims to work. I want them home where I can see them at all times and making babies for me."

lol. Mikezumi, I think I saw that movie. "Blind Date Gone Bad."
  • KanyeBrooklynKanyeBrooklyn Posts: 15 Member
    I use cheats, mods and cc's !
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    Earning it. It makes the game more challenging and fun instead of cheating my way through. If I were to cheat, I wouldn't gain much entertainment from doing so. I'd get bored pretty fast. Makes sense on why it irks me whenever someone plays or does a challenge with them on.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    {DELETED}
    funny-gifs20.gif

• rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    I have the habit of using motherlode and kaching too much...
    However, with my Valentina and Juliette save, I'm earning it.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I can't say that I have never cheated with money because I have, But 99% of the time, My sims make money by painting, collecting, writing, gardening etc. It is more fun to make the money. I have even had them make money owning a store and selling paintings, I put a studio in the store and they paint and sell. Lots of fun. Once my sims own the whole town. bought every community lot available, started with one and just keep going. So many ways to make money.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I can’t stand the poorly decorated ea houses so I cheat my way into a nice house but after that they work for their money even if their house is beyond their means 😝
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Unless I am testing something off to the side, for real gameplay I only use money cheats to take funds away from households that didn't really earn them but acquired them or something huge for free due to a game glitch of some sort. Although I do play with SP Money in place and that allows sims to go into debt, so if the house needs renovating, I think they could really use a new fancy car, a better home, or they just aren't able to make ends meet temporarily, they can take out a loan for whatever is required and pay it back over time. It's more realistic to me that way anyway, most people in real life do not make tremendously huge purchases or engage in very expensive renovation projects by paying strictly cash.

Sims don't like being in debt, so there is a sense of accomplishment to be had when the loan is paid off.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    I don't think I have cheated any money in yet, except once, when the game deleted an expensive item one of my families had. I actually enjoy the simpler times when the houses aren't stuffed with things and everything important is easy to take in with a single glimpse.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top