Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The absence of firefighters&burglars a deliberate choice and may not see the light?

DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
edited August 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I don't think there's no other conclusion I come up than their lack of interest for the team to create them at all. With the recent expansion pack, there was and is the right opporunity to patch firefighters, since Island Living provided a feature in Sulani where friendly citizens put out fires in active household's lot. Before that, when Kleptomaniac trait was added via update, developers could have just created a spawning NPC with that enforced trait behavior to appear at a certain time pushed to swipe things.

With the existing mechanics that could been used to develop NPCs pushed to be act upon, you would think that we get the feature that's been highly requested by now through out the five year passed mark. Or does anyone don't think so though, but would like to convince me otherwise? I think it's a bit shame that developers seem to refusing spending resource on said NPCs that would receptionally pay off.
NNpYlHF.jpg

Comments

• PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member
    I agree :s I need some fire fighters.. my sims have lost so much stuff and the "insurance" could replace a few plants. As for burglars for my sims sake I wouldn't want thoroughly however it could add more fun to the game :D
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited August 2019
    I want them too. I would hope that they come in a patch or pack with vehicles when we get the 64bit version. I am wondering if that 64bit version is actually coming now though. Those 13 year olds EA aimed at in 2014 are much older and surely can take the stress by now. :D
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I don't think there's no other conclusion I come up than their lack of interest for the team to create them at all. With the recent expansion pack, there was and is the right opporunity to patch firefighters, since Island Living provided a feature in Sulani where friendly citizens put out fires in active household's lot. Before that, when Kleptomaniac trait was added via update, developers could have just created a spawning NPC with that enforced trait behavior to appear at a certain time pushed to swipe things.

With the existing mechanics that could been used to develop NPCs pushed to be act upon, you would think that we get the feature that's been highly requested by now through out the five year passed mark. Or does anyone don't think so though, but would like to convince me otherwise? I think it's a bit shame that developers seem to refusing spending resource on said NPCs that would receptionally pay off.

Maybe the helpful neighbors are a trial balloon? To see if that mechanic will work at all before adding such a popular feature. If it hadn't worked nobody would really have been the wiser and nobody would be disappointed or angry. So perhaps the helpful neighbors were a way to see if that feature would work without bringing the firey wrath of the community down upon themselves if it didn't.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Maybe the helpful neighbors are a trial balloon? To see if that mechanic will work at all before adding such a popular feature. If it hadn't worked nobody would really have been the wiser and nobody would be disappointed or angry. So perhaps the helpful neighbors were a way to see if that feature would work without bringing the firey wrath of the community down upon themselves if it didn't.

Not how that works. At most I would say this would be how they cover most of the cost of making them. We didn’t get FF or burglars, but that doesn’t mean they can’t rehash these mechanics into those NPCs with less work than making them from scratch. Even that’s a stretch but its more plausible than the studio releasing a feature they can’t even confirm works.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I heard it was because people got scared when the burglar music came on but I think that's a load of plum. I would love to have them back in my game! To me they are part of what makes The Sims what it is.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I never thought about that connection with the Sulani citizens. I guess if they ever do create firefighters, they'll just reuse that same mechanic.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I want them too. I would hope that they come in a patch or pack with vehicles when we get the 64bit version. I am wondering if that 64bit version is actually coming now though. Those 13 year olds EA aimed at in 2014 are much older and surely can take the stress by now. :D

True, but each year produces a new crop of 12-13 year olds, so EA never looses its target market. The veterans, however, continue to age, loose interest in/get disgusted with the pap, move on so over time EA will have their ideal world, a mass of Pavlov's dogs that will eagerly buy up whatever rubbish they put out simply becasue it's EA rubbish. At least that is what the plan seems to be from the view of age and simming since day 1 of Sims 1.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I think they didn't put them in simply because they can't manage to make it work. On the light of the friendly citizen and how useless that feature is, I'm convinced that they removed firefighters etc because they would just come to your house, aim for the PC and spend 3 hours on it. We already have random people coming inside the house to do that.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I think they didn't put them in simply because they can't manage to make it work. On the light of the friendly citizen and how useless that feature is, I'm convinced that they removed firefighters etc because they would just come to your house, aim for the PC and spend 3 hours on it. We already have random people coming inside the house to do that.
    Do vampires that break in too hog in the computer without feeling? Honestly, should have reused that system with "swipe" queued up and for NPC to be selected that meet the condition (career/aspiration + kleptomaniac trait.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    They don't need firefighters, they can just use Alexis to turn on sprinklers. Less animation, time has move on, no newspaper no firefighters, just let some employee sitting behind a screen in the Matrix (Alexis) take care of it. I'm actually suprised they didn't add that option to just click an object and be done with it. Saves money and saves time and only takes a few strings of code.

Cheap is the name of this game while pretending it's the state of current times and a reflection of life in current times. Don't need burglars, either, just have things go missing through the use of the Sim pc. Less animation and can pretend it's a sign of the times, burglars have given up physically coming into buildings and using the internet instead. See, I can think like Maxis, too. Cheap and less work.

Goodness, you hit the nail right on the head.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    They don't need firefighters, they can just use Alexis to turn on sprinklers. Less animation, time has move on, no newspaper no firefighters, just let some employee sitting behind a screen in the Matrix (Alexis) take care of it. I'm actually suprised they didn't add that option to just click an object and be done with it. Saves money and saves time and only takes a few strings of code.

Cheap is the name of this game while pretending it's the state of current times and a reflection of life in current times. Don't need burglars, either, just have things go missing through the use of the Sim pc. Less animation and can pretend it's a sign of the times, burglars have given up physically coming into buildings and using the internet instead. See, I can think like Maxis, too. Cheap and less work.

Lmao you win

I still fail to see any reason why they are incapable of adding them. The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 were not open world and did it just fine. The Sims 3 is completely open world and it worked. The Sims 4 is small-scale open... why not?...
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Im curious, if they did add firefighters, would they come to the property in a firetruck or appear from thin air and come running to the rescue? 🤣
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • AsterbelleAsterbelle Posts: 12 New Member
    I wonder why they removed the firefighters? EA wants some realistic gaming but then they are removing this feature, well its not realistic anymore that there is no firefighter.
  • Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    It seems to me that they pretty much removed anything that would actually make the game at all challenging.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Iguess66 That’s exactly how it feels like. People complain about strange visits, etc. The randomness is what makes The Sims so unique... I miss those strange phone calls from The Sims 1! Much better than spam text messages and calls from neighbors.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Im curious, if they did add firefighters, would they come to the property in a firetruck or appear from thin air and come running to the rescue? 🤣

I'm guessing they'd just appear out of thin air? Burglars definitely would I think, much like the vampires breaking in just magically show up on your doorstep.
    Why would you think they would come in a firetruck? There is no four-wheel Sim vehicles in the game yet.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    edited August 2019
    Iguess66 wrote: »
    It seems to me that they pretty much removed anything that would actually make the game at all challenging.

Challenging such as fire fighters, huh? There are lot of things that aren't pertaining to challenges missing. It's the studio that doesn't like the challenge for even simplest features and wish to avoid coding difficult things that would pay off receptionally greatly. I imagine even this very idea for returning NPCS, that once reach the studio's office walls, every developer in the room simultaneously groan "ugh" when ask If they can do YES to add them in the game. That, or they put someone impotent to build the engine with very little interference to check in, and the result became the core system that they themselves can't go bypass to implement certain things, making it impossible to work with.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • StripedSimsStripedSims Posts: 23 Member
    I think adding firetrucks and firefighters would be so cool.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don't have any interest in firefighters or burglars.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    I would love both of these - sims have alarms and for what? To take up wall space? Pah!
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I still say it is possible. Somethings they couldn't do at first but seemed to have gotten into the hang of things and figured things out and they said they aren't planning to end it for a couple more years at least, so I won't say it is out of the question.

Sulani is different. It is more community focused and relaxed. They even offered food to sims or help when they need it when other worlds aren't like that, so I can see firefighters or at least NPCs if not a career added in. In other worlds, most won't help my sim but panic if nearby.

Some people don't want sprinklers to make the game feel realistic or make it like a rags to riches story, so I say they know it is a needed feature that can be added.

We got kleptomaniacs now, so burglars can also still be added in.

We got swimming in one ocean at least, who is to say it can't happen? Only EA knows. I say it is more of priority thing right now. But since more people are working on the game and we're getting more packs a year now, they might have more time to add a bit of other things. With somethings, it can be easier. The creepy walk and kleptomaniac is basically the burglar. Just need to tweak some things a bit.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    ManakoHime wrote: »
    I heard it was because people got scared when the burglar music came on but I think that's a load of plum. I would love to have them back in my game! To me they are part of what makes The Sims what it is.

That's been debunked over and over. I did find the shrieking alarm very disturbing -not frightening, but I'm sensitive to noise. That would have been easily solvable by simply making it less loud in comparison to other game sounds. (There was no way to do this, other than hit the mute, and that kind of noise is so upsetting to me, I couldn't even think.)

I would like burglars to return, so long as the alarm is comparable to the S4 fire alarm in loudness and tone. And as long as they don't swipe my wall lights. (I have no idea why they loved my wall lights so much. My Sims had loads of good stuff for them to take, and inevitably, they took a wall light. I recently had a kleptomaniac Sim take my toddler's night light, so I'm not hopeful, here.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Now that we have magic coming, with all the fires we could start and some interesting powers we can use for "home defense," firefighters and burglars are needed more than ever.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.