The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Musical Chairs...Butler Edition

Does anyone else have trouble making their sims retain the same butler? I seem to have a pool of butlers that switch between various households that employ their services, and they don't only switch when I rotate household. They also sometimes appear to switch when I send a sim off to a communal lot.

For example, my current household had a female butler when I started playing them today (I have played them twice before during my rotation) and when the dad came back from a night out with the lads, I couldn't find the butler when I sent everyone to bed, only to find a different butler showing up at around 4am!
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Yes. I think butlers are constantly randomised. The pain is having to keep assigning a bed to them.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Yeah. I'm rotating between 12 or so households and at least 3 of those have butlers so it's frustrating. A lot of the time I have to keep looking for the butler to give them orders, particularly when it's time to sleep. When I don't need them they are standing right in front of me, but when I need them, they've either disappeared due to me going off lot and coming back, or they are wandering around the house somewhere.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    The only way to retain the same butler is to never leave the house.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    And I spent so much time getting a male butler ( had to fire about 4 others first ) just to have them randomized??
    I hope EA can fix this somehow.
    edited August 2019

if they don't heard enough voices, they wont fix it. people basically went crazy about dine out bug, toddler and vampire grandmaster xp bug so they fix it next patch, but the vampire weakness bug is being left as it is because not many people noticed this.

ihavemultiplegamertags
    I don't play vampires enough to know about their bugs and I don't own dine out but I definitely remember it being talked about a lot.

Maybe if I can keep this thread active, EA will take notice. It's extremely frustrating, especially when butlers were essentially the reason I bought the stuff pack.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    EA/Maxis does not tweak the game as they should and I see this as an problem until Sims 4 cease production. I do not play with them in my game and it was an problem in SIms 3 too, so I avoid them which I feel I shouldn't. Sims 2 had some difficulty in this area as well but it was with the caretaker.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    izecson wrote: »

if they don't heard enough voices, they wont fix it. people basically went crazy about dine out bug, toddler and vampire grandmaster xp bug so they fix it next patch, but the vampire weakness bug is being left as it is because not many people noticed this.

What's the bug with vampire weaknesses?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I'm glad you posted this because I was going to get "Vintage Glamour" specifically for the butlers, but now it seems pointless. I've been just making my staff part of the household and giving them traits that will encourage them to keep to themselves and clean, plus using clubs to allow or disallow access to certain areas of the house, but this has the obvious disadvantage of taking up space in the house for the 8-sim max.

My other idea, which I haven't tried yet, is to have just one head servant or butler (again, part of the family) that lives in the house. Then I would have a nearby lot that houses the rest of the staff (maybe multiple small cottages on 1 lot with door locks so everybody goes to their own cottage). Then I would put them in a cleaning club and just have the live-in servant call a club meeting when I wanted them to come to work.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
    edited August 2019
    I have a couple of households which include single played sims as servants but I didn't want to do that for every household that needs a live in servant. The butlers have their uses but the constant switching between the "butler pool" bothers me. There are other things I'd like to do with them and can't, such as design their uniform and choose which meals they serve. I probably could with mods but I can't be bothered. For me the butlers are handy but flawed.

The club idea is interesting but I'm not sure there is enough work for a whole bunch of servants visiting one house. Even if you added cooking and making drinks to their activities/duties, they'd be done pretty quickly. Thrre's laundry, I suppose, if you own that pack, but as I don't own it, I don't know how much time it takes.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Well, yes, it's true that there isn't a lot to do. The point is really to show your neighbors how well off you are by the number of servants you employ, haha. Also, I always set the house trait to "filthy" for any houses with servants so they'll at least have a little to do, but it's still not actually that dirty.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
    I hope the club idea works. The game just doesn't cater for realistic levels of dirt and things that would keep servants busy though. If there's nothing to clean or repair my butlers spend most of their time standing around.
    edited August 2019
    Marnetti wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »

What's the bug with vampire weaknesses?

When you cure or power reset your vampire, they still retained their old power and weakness, such as still cannot eat food and hissing eventhough they have been cured.
    ihavemultiplegamertags