Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You can create any lot size you want (Paralives)

catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
edited August 2019 in Off Topic Chat
I just saw a new video about Paralives. You will be able to make any size lot in any shape you want. I think I really want to try this when it comes out.
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    There's a lot of things that I've heard are going to be included - it's sounding like its trying to include everyone's frustrated wish lists for the sims. I hope they take it slowly and develop it properly, because if they do I think it could be amazing! I love The Sims, but I'm hoping that a bit of competition will make it even better. And if not, I'm hoping that the new game will do for life simulations, what Cities: Skylines did for Sim City. They listened to what people really wanted, rather than what they thought they wanted, and made something awesome!
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Very misleading. Not even about sims.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I saw the video too, looks really nice.

But yeah, this thread shouldn't have been in TS4 section.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Every little thing that has come out about Paralives has impressed me. Sometimes all it takes is a fresh vision and a little passion about what you’re creating to flip the status quo on its head. Cities: Skylines is the perfect example.

I hope that this thing gets the crowdfunding it needs/deserves and we finally get some competition up in here.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Lol why must you all keep bringing Paralives talk to this forum? At least have the decency to put it into Off Topic Chat where it belongs. Am I asking too much?

I’m sure a mod will come along and move it. And then we can all go back to basking in the splendour of the innumerable threads complaining about Moschino Stuff.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @So_Money Innumerable? I think that's a wee bit exaggerated ;) I keep reading it as Mosquito *Swats*

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Could you please advertise Paralives, I dunno, on THEIR forums? Or at least in off-topic?
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Could you please advertise Paralives, I dunno, on THEIR forums? Or at least in off-topic?

I didn’t realize they had their own forum, do you have a link to it? I have seen a couple video’s from other simmers.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes, please I know you guys are excited but this is The Sims forums, and frankly so far all that's been seen is a few individual cells of animations and that's a loooooooooong way from a cohesive game.

Sindocat wrote: »

• micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I am very excited about the possibilities of Paralives. It looks intriguing.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I think I'm the only one not excited about it "at the moment". :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    and frankly so far all that's been seen is a few individual cells of animations and that's a loooooooooong way from a cohesive game.

That is true. But to be fair, some might say the same about the current state of TS4. ;)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Goosey wrote: »

Having a lot any size you want sounds great, but if the game is boring and looks cheap, who cares?

THANK YOU. The game looks like crap. Oooh, you can put a tablecloth on a table. That excites me. Not.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm interested in Paralives, but not to play. I want The Sims to have some competition so that they step up their game and deliver what we want.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Hmm I’ve had a look online at a few videos and it looks as though this game will have a lot for builders but I haven’t seen any footage of live mode yet. I don’t really care about the new build features I have seen so for me a lot of it comes down to live mode and what the people (I guess I can’t call them sims) in the game look like. I’m not going to lie, the graphics are a massive turn off for me but I suppose I could conceivably get used to them if the rest of the game is incredible.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    I am seeing a lot of double standards when it comes to this game. Players who say other players can’t judge Sims 4 without playing it seem to have no issue doing that to a game that’s not The Sims 4. Just an observation. Anyone expecting a clone of Sims 4 will be disappointed, but those expectations are incredibly unrealistic in the first place.

I think what he’s shown so far looks really cool! I’m excited to see more of this game. It’s got a long way to go before release so calling it a boring and cheap game is just nonsense at this point. I’d hardly call a novel a bad book after the author has only written one chapter.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    asimbsim wrote: »
    There's a lot of things that I've heard are going to be included - it's sounding like its trying to include everyone's frustrated wish lists for the sims. I hope they take it slowly and develop it properly, because if they do I think it could be amazing! I love The Sims, but I'm hoping that a bit of competition will make it even better. And if not, I'm hoping that the new game will do for life simulations, what Cities: Skylines did for Sim City. They listened to what people really wanted, rather than what they thought they wanted, and made something awesome!

This is my hope exactly. Competition makes products better. Without competition there is no incentive to make a better game.
    I am seeing a lot of double standards when it comes to this game. Players who say other players can’t judge Sims 4 without playing it seem to have no issue doing that to a game that’s not The Sims 4. Just an observation. Anyone expecting a clone of Sims 4 will be disappointed, but those expectations are incredibly unrealistic in the first place.

I think what he’s shown so far looks really cool! I’m excited to see more of this game. It’s got a long way to go before release so calling it a boring and cheap game is just nonsense at this point. I’d hardly call a novel a bad book after the author has only written one chapter.

It looks like it will be fun to build in. Maybe I would do that more than play.
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but the topic title is quite misleading since this a Sims 4 forum :/

Got you to look though didn't it?
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited August 2019
    Paralives just looks really boring and basic to me. I hate all of the flat-looking, minimally detailed decor. I wonder how basic the people are going to look since they have to match the rest of the graphics. Probably like Fisher-Price Little People. :D
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    and frankly so far all that's been seen is a few individual cells of animations and that's a loooooooooong way from a cohesive game.

That is true. But to be fair, some might say the same about the current state of TS4. ;)

Good one :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen