March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Often Do You Explore The Jungles?

From the Jungle Adventure Game Pack, that is

When was the last time?

For me, it’s been a LONG time. I’m thinking about doing it again, but I’m lacking motivation at the moment. I’m not really into collecting, so really I’d just do it to complete the little temples again I guess.

Comments

• MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Go there every time my rotation reaches archaeologist's household. I love exploring the jungles, it's one of my top fave packs.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I only really explored it once or so. The jungle world is really small and it gets really repetitive so I tend to avoid even playing with it, because I know it'll bore me to hell.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I like to do it when I'm playing an archaeologist or explorer but otherwise I just send sims to the bar and stuff for fun.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I started to explore it once, but I didn't have the proper supplies, and I haven't yet taken the time to figure out what I'm supposed to buy. It's on my (mental) list though. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2019
    Every few generations. I love it :) it’s still one of my favourite packs for TS4 (though I have to admit WA for TS3 is better). I’ve completed the collections but I only have 3 of the golden relics. I’m hoping to eventually get the remaining 6. My 11th generation heir will be spending a lot of time in Selvadorada.
  • Jemjem96Jemjem96 Posts: 8 New Member
    I usually make families I'm invested in playing visit at least once. There are still some parts of the jungle I have't discovered (the parts that tell you to come back next time) so I actually still don't know what's there!
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I have had The Jungle pack for awhile and got bored because it takes to long to open up the other worlds and I can't find a cheat for it. So I think I wasted money use it for a vacation place that is all. At least with Sim 3 World Adventure there were cheats and you could open up all the worlds if you wanted to.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Jemjem96 wrote: »
    I usually make families I'm invested in playing visit at least once. There are still some parts of the jungle I have't discovered (the parts that tell you to come back next time) so I actually still don't know what's there!

They rotate which gates are open but it’s not a new temple. So for example, if there are 4 gates, only 3 could be open the first time you go. And when you go back for a second time, the gate that wasn’t open before may be open this time. So it gives off the illusion that there’s something you haven’t seen and the temples reset each time you visit.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I send my sims there for the view/bars/fishing gathering and to meet the residents more often. Nothing wrong with that, it's a change of pace/scenery for me.
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I send my sims there for the view/bars/fishing gathering and to meet the residents more often. Nothing wrong with that, it's a change of pace/scenery for me.

I went back after we got Seasons and loved how the rain really changed the dynamic, made it feel like a legit rainforest. And then I never went back again lol
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited August 2019
    This is so bad, but I haven't actually gotten around to it yet! Most of my sims aren't really adventurous enough to visit the jungle, especially my main sim who likes his home comforts and I prefer to play and experience new game features with him first. I have actually recently changed my mind about this though and now plan for him to agree to a holiday at Selvadorada once his daughter is a bit older if only to humour his outdoorsy husband. I'll make sure they stay in a nice villa at least and being an old vampire who used to travel a lot he should be great at archaeology (even if he hates dirt)! I am really looking forward to it as it looks like a lot of fun, but I have so many things still to do I'm not sure when this will happen.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I have a family of archaeologists, archaeologic scholars, and I send them to Selvadorda frequently. But then I also send families to Granite Falls to commune with nature...great for all my herbalists. I have one sim who funds his frequent trips to the jungle with his freelance career.

I love both and use them extensively. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Morkovka wrote: »
    Go there every time my rotation reaches archaeologist's household. I love exploring the jungles, it's one of my top fave packs.

Yeah, I usually randomly select aspirations when I age sims up, so I basically go to selvadorada and explore the jungle if I have a sim in the household with that aspiration. So far, it's still pretty fun for me! I think I like that it tends to build some random skills--like with the traps and stuff--so my sims will often come back leveled up in things that maybe they wouldn't be focusing on at home!
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited August 2019
    I play Sims with the Archaeologist aspiration (or whatever it's called) pretty often. I send someone off to explore the jungles regularly since the pack was released.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    When I was still playing, as often as possible. Huge fun, lots to see and do, beautiful scenery, and skills to acquire and build up. Maybe the Aug patch has fixed enough for another go to be feasible.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I have not visited Selvadorada since the pack came out.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I go there at least 2-3 times a long sim year as it’s one of my households holiday spots where they had their honeymoon and will go back at least once a year and they now take their children.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited August 2019
    I have two households of archeologists who go frequently as they are trying to complete their collections. They also have friends there now with whom they spend a bit of time reconnecting during each visit.

I also have sims who occasionally go there on vacation in the winter months when the snow gets too oppressive. It’s great for having them relax and do leisure activities or even to do a bit of skilling which they have no time for at home.

And my most recent couple went there for their honeymoon. It’s a believable honeymoon spot for outdoorsy types. They spent a lot of time at the bar meeting the locals and learning all the foods and the new dance. They also spent a whole day at the Omiscan baths, swimming, floating on flotation devices and picnicking with their cooler. They went to the museum with a group of locals (new friends) another day. On the last day they managed to find the lost Temple but they did not behave like my focused archeologists. They never excavated anything, but canoodled their way through the rooms — it was funny. Anyway, suffice to say that I love the world and don’t mind that it is small. I wouldn’t expect more from a Jungle World and think Maxis did a good job with the atmosphere, various pests and beautiful locales.
  • LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    I never go to "destination" worlds. They're about as useful as Hershey syrup on a pickle.
    I never go to "destination" worlds. They're about as useful as Hershey syrup on a pickle.

LOL I have never heard this before and I’m stealing it
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I usually head in every 3rd generation or so (I play on normal lifespan). That's about how long it takes for me to dream up a new twist that will take me back into full jungle exploration mode. My sims vacation there more frequently, they just don't go jungle exploring. It's a good honeymoon location and nice for family vacations, too. Though, Sulani has kind of trumped it on both fronts, at least for the time being. lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    My biggest issue with the jungle is the hugeplum amount of time it takes my sims to get into the jungle, cross the bridge, pass the gate before they can actually do anything jungly. But I did take my military crew there - and I concluded the jungle isn't made for huge groups of sims :sweat_smile: so, in conclusion, I use it for honeymoons!
    edited August 2019
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    My biggest issue with the jungle is the hugeplum amount of time it takes my sims to get into the jungle, cross the bridge, pass the gate before they can actually do anything jungly. But I did take my military crew there - and I concluded the jungle isn't made for huge groups of sims :sweat_smile: so, in conclusion, I use it for honeymoons!

Lol I heard some people were taking their whole families into the jungle and I was like howwww?! I tried it with 3 Sims once and even that was too much.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Lol I heard some people were taking their whole families into the jungle and I was like howwww?! I tried it with 3 Sims once and even that was too much.

Hahah ikr :D Unless maybe they send the parents exploring and the kids neatly tucked away, that might work.

Speaking of the jungle, I think I'll send one of my sims there along, get a tent, and really trek through the jungle without ever going back to their vacation home :D
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    It's been a while.