Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do in The Sims that you really need to stop doing, but keep coming back to?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Micro managing. It has to stop. Building all new lots for my world, re-doing all the pre-mades hair outfits and make up because honestly, it gets old seeing the same faces in the same clothes around all the time....and after that, playing the family for ten minutes finding something new and shiny to do on the forums and leaving the entire thing in the dust! I drive myself insane with it. At the moment I'm trying to get an island Sim pregnant with Father Winters Baby because I want to do the super sim challenge. It isn't going to happen, she's too nice a sim to be playing around with dirty old men that lure you into relationships by giving you presents and breaking into your house at Winterfest. Oh and I need to play more mean and evil sims, I never used to, I liked a happy utopia, but I made Mila Munch into a kid again and decided she was family orientated because her mum was really mean. The fun I had with that Sim took over the same and the whole plan went out of the window, leaving poor Mila in the dust!
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Yeah there's a lot of leaving things in the dust, but if I cleaned as much as played....there might be changes :smiley:
  • Options
    MinDeRienMinDeRien Posts: 6 New Member
    1. Making weird family trees and having a world made up of like 3 bloodlines.
    2. Killing off adult / elder Sims as soon as their kids can take care of themselves and have their own kids.
    3. Kicking out the spares to their uncle/aunt's houses as soon as they age up beyond toddler/teen.

I have issues.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Focusing too much on their careers. Not everyone is a high-flyer.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    Focusing too much on their careers. Not everyone is a high-flyer.

Was definitely an issue for me early on in the game. Would get so into the 9 to 5 that going out for fun would barely happen. Nowadays I enjoy earning simoleons through other means. I miss out on career rewards, but that's a small price to pay to discover so much more in the game.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Using cheats. I know, I know, it takes away from the challenges; but sometimes I want to tell a story that doesn't include the rags to riches challenges or at least not the whole game. Like one story was this Sim came from a wealthy family; but she had to get married and have a heir or she would be cut off and not inherit the house, etc...

I also never played a real legacy as I have a habit deleting a game and staring over with each new pack or if something doesn't turn out how I want it. I need to stop doing that and probably will once Realm of Magic and University is released (mainly waiting for witches so my magic sims can feel whole/complete).
  • Options
    QueenSnapdragonQueenSnapdragon Posts: 34 Member
    I always have more kids then I intend to- and more than I want. One time, I had 5 kids at once that I had to send twin toddlers to go live with their uncle until could get my crap together.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    o0o0o, did I mention building my boxy classic? One day that has GOT to go.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    make a new sim > tell myself I'm actually going to play it > go back to playing the same sim as always
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    I keep making new sims with backstories and future plans to have them stay single or try out serial dating aspirations etc. but as soon as this sim falls in love I abandon all my plans and have them start a family. Suddenly I'm playing the family life with way too many kids. 10/10 always happens!
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I keep starting new saves. There was a point when I had over 100 saves until I realized that I need to get rid of a lot of them. Now I still have about 30-40 saves and I miss some of those that I deleted.
    All of my Sims have a garden. My favorite thing on Sims is gardening and I can't seem to play without at least few planters.
    I also start a lot of challenges, but never seem to be able to finish them and I change them to just a regular play after a while. 100 baby challenge is the only one that I seem to not get bored with.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I avoid playing what I consider difficult aspirations and careers. I have procrastinated at playing Jungle Adventure, Get Famous and Island Living. Why? Because I can't seem to be able to wrap my mind around what it takes to play them.
  • Options
    DragonGirl643DragonGirl643 Posts: 90 Member
    sofasim wrote: »
    I keep making new sims with backstories and future plans to have them stay single or try out serial dating aspirations etc. but as soon as this sim falls in love I abandon all my plans and have them start a family. Suddenly I'm playing the family life with way too many kids. 10/10 always happens!

this describes me exactly. one time i wrote out a whole background story for my sim before even making her, and then none of it ever actually came into play.
    why are my sims games so weird?
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Staying up too late just to finish a sim week or see what the sex of a baby is.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Having little glitchy things in my game caused by cc, and instead of taking the time to try to find out which cc is causing the glitch, I just go download a bunch more cc.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I start by making friends, be social, go to clubs and party... Then I always end up focusing exclusively on the family and never leaving the house until friends and family of origins forget about my sims entirely.... doesn't help that I use all the weapons in my arsenal to keep visitors away (lot traits, cowplants and mods)
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    -Making all of my sims look the same
    -Giving my sims the same traits. Even with the trait randomizer I usually randomize until I get traits that I want. The most I've branched out was having an unflirty sim and even then I don't consider that a bad trait like some others do. She just wasn't focused on romance like all my other sims
    -Making all of my sims find "the one" as soon as possible and never having them date anyone else. I love romance in this game way too much for someone who isn't very romantic irl.
    -Never having my sims socialize. Usually their only friends end up being their siblings and their significant others.
    -Turning autonomy off and micromanaging everyone
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited August 2019
    Two sims in the same room on computers, one starts talking to the other repeatedly even after stopping them, they are back at it 45 sim minutes later, it happens like clockwork without fail.
    Same with a sim cooking with the inspired trait, someone comes up and distracts them.

in both occasions it slow any progress they make on their own projects to a crawl.
  • Options
    TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    Romancing every sim I get from the gallery that I find attractive..
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    My Sims often end up glitched because of some unfixed bug. Like, right now, my Don is displaying the behavior of two fame quirks he no longer has. Thanks a lot, Maxis. Because that takes away a lot of the fun.

Things that I myself is blame for are kids, for instance. It's funny to expect kids, but when they are there, I usually regret the whole thing.

Also, a lot of the things other people describe here, also happens to me.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    NeenzNeenz Posts: 44 Member
    @SheriSim57
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I have a big rotation, and most of my families/ households are fairly different as far as jobs and living conditions go. I get attached to my sims though and have aging off and rarely turn it on.... there is always the next expansion, gamepack or stuff pack I want them to be able to experience... lol. And because I do not play each family equally some have high skills in a lot of things. Also I tend to make sure most (at least the cook in the family) of my sims watch the cooking channel on tv till it is maxed.
    Same 🙂

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Most of these I'm guilty of too. My main problem is traits, there are some I can't seem to do without like, Loves Outdoors, Creative, neat, all nicey, nicey sims and can be boring, but I do it over and over...gah! But there are just some traits I've tried and hated, active? I have to fight them tooth and nail to keep them from exercising just not worth it. I need to get my sims out of Utopia and start mistreating them, lol. Too often they are very happy, I even had a sim jump up and kick his heels together...I knew then I'd have to change up my playing. :#
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    I have to curtail restarting a game save from scratch just because I want my Sims to experience a new pack from the beginning. At least this go-around, I'm restarting my Global Superstar to try a few different strategies to get him noticed by the Accolades. And, after quite some time I'm finally back playing with my Ancestral game save, which meant I had to restart. Plus, we now have the off-the-grid lot trait, which makes 18th century living a tad more realistic.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    NylaliaNylalia Posts: 64 Member
    Building extensive living and activity areas in the basement because I don't feel like making or getting a larger house to have these areas above ground.

Or maybe I'm a bunkerphile idk.