Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

Comments

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »

Wow, what part of been there done that in GTW already didn't they understand? It doesn't matter if it comes with a new skin or different bhavs, and or isn't the thing they want to show. It's part of the new career which we have already playes in GTW as a prented photographer. What part of 'new' don't they get? It's still the same dang object reskinned and reubuffed and it's the same photographer job (with maybe added duties) we have already played in GTW. Reskinned and they are really saying like 'what?, it's all new'....no it's not, it's reskinned and reused, the job will be reused (already in the influencer career and in the use of the camera) and the assets in GTW. And expect us to rebuy it again. What's next a new lounge chair where this time it doesn't relax but they can nap, or talk to a Sim standing by the chair? Just comes in a different color? And a few added bhavs? I can't believe they are marketing this hog wash as new.

Another reason to wish TS4 would get over already. So, many lately.

I know a new bar, that offers one more different drink, please EA, let's get that and request $20. Just go ahead and make one of the bars already in game a little bigger and and a drink we may not have but have in IL. Doesn't matter if it's a brand new mesh (asset) it's still the same concept/idea..nothing new in the concept of taking a photo, adding it to a new object or wall and selling them. Gameplay of GTW, some gameplay from Style career, too, and rebranding as new with a few new duties and reskins.

I agree. I mean this is the third time they have looked at photography. It’s not new. And it’s really rotten that finally it would appear they have listened to people’s feedback except this time it’s locked behind the pay wall of a stuff pack. And I know, no one bought get to work for photography but it’s a feature we have done so many times. Why not something new?

Yeah, I feel TS4 focuses too much on these trendy and niche careers, like photography.

I think a teaching active career would be very cool to have, if done right. There should always be a huge amount of control for us in these active careers, particularly in the path we take our Sims. In the teaching career, for instance, deciding if we want our Sim to be the laid back, cool teacher or the very strict, uptight one (which would be determined by how our Sim chooses to discipline naughty students).

Trying to balance giving lectures, bonding with students, disciplining students, learning a bunch of material themselves, and so on just sounds like a very fun career, and I’m surprised TS4 hasn’t added something like that to the game yet.

I just hope TS5 brings back traditional careers and focuses on making them fun. I’ve said it before, but The Sims is really awesome when it takes the realistic elements of life and turns it into something funny and exciting.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    Paralives is Sims 5. I do not trust this team to make a worthy life simulation successor. Their poor uninspired work full of excuses speaks for itself.

Ah, yes, Paralives. I hope that game will force the Sims team to reconsider everything they do.
  • KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Bringing back to the topic thread in question I suppose you Sims 3 afficionados have given up all hope of seeing an end to Sims 4 so have gone back to discussing old packs. @EA_Rtas this should now be in the Sims 3 threads

Don't you think tagging a mod is pretty extreme? Or maybe not considering the original topic and how you personally feel about the original topic? Let's just move the sims 4 feedback to the sims 3 general discussion area.. yea I don't see them doing that. Especially since the majority of the comments pertain to the sims 4. 🤷

No. This has become a Sims 3 topic and should be moved there or closed. Just my opinion though. You are welcome to hold your own. :)

Was your only reason entering the thread to tag a moderator as you have done in every thread I create? The topic of why I created the thread is on the first page. Do you have anything to add? Yes, no? or why not or why I shouldn't feel this way about the last EP? I'm all ears and always listen to a good debate of what is a good pack. But seeing it is TS4's version of IP in many respects it's only logical people compare the two. But my reasons didn't even bring up TS3 that much in the first post, the lack of gameplay and this the latest EP was enough to convince me I will enjoy when they end TS4, patch it up so we don't have to deal with patches anymore and then people can mod the heck out of it, just like we have TS2 and TS3. And look forward to a new engine.

I don't see any new IDEAS for Sims 5 mentioned here besides mine. This has largely become a gripe magnet for Sims 4 and a nostalgic thread about Sims 3. Nostalgic threads about Sims 3 and what can be done with Sims 3 belong in the Sims 3 area. This thread isn't even comparing the Sims 3 island EP to the Sims 4 island EP. If your goal was to be nostalgic about Sims 3, that belongs in the Sims 3 area. If you have new ideas for Sims 5, that cannot be done in Sims 4, let's hear them! Sims 5, guaranteed, will NOT be Sims 3 EP 12, as much as some people wish it to be. What is the point of releasing a new game if it is no different from an old game?
    This isn’t an “ideas for Sims 5” topic, it’s a “I want Sims 4 to end because” topic. Which means it will mainly contain criticism towards Sims 4 and the possibility for those who disagree to argue why people who do are mistaken. With arguments other than “but Sims 3 is unplayable and a hot mess”.

Oh, but Sims 3 is QUITE playable now that I got a new gaming computer, two years AFTER the last official content for the game came out. It just wasn't playable at release for many players. Keep in mind that businesses like EA are IN business to make money, and more sales = more money. You can bet the players who didn't check the specs for Sims 3 before buying checked the specs for Sims 4. And that would have been a lot of sales lost had they not catered to those players. In fact, on the desktop computer I have now, Sims 3 with its 4 GB of custom content I have in there now, only loads in about 2-5 minutes. I still could do without the Sims 3 rabbitholes though. I don't like loading screens either, but practically, almost nobody has the computing capacity in one computer to play a game that has neither loading screens nor rabbitholes and has all the character interactions and object animations that the Sims series does.

If they are planning for Sims 5 to have virtual reality, they are waiting until more than 5% of their current player base has machines that could handle it (FYI, my machine, with a GeForce GTX 970 with 8GB reserved can BARELY handle VR) and equipment (VR PC gear is currently about $400-800 by itself just for the accessories so I don't actually own any yet) that could handle it for this same reason. If you cut your player base down to the players who have the top 5% of machines, sure you have a great game, but if the other 95% cannot play it, you cannot sell to them. The top 5% cannot make up the sales from the lost sales of the other 95%.

If they are planning VR for T5 then I won't be interested most older Simmers won't want that. We've been around so long we know each other and know we won't. New players, maybe they will. But I doubt that is the direction. It's more like server world where you load the game and everything has changed reflecting what happened in current events in the real world. EA is working hard on that AI and I doubt they leave Maxis out of that AI.

Just keep in mind, it is all about the sales numbers, when it comes down to it. The question is, will they be marketing to "older Simmers"? The commercials they made for TS4 clearly are designed to appeal to pre-teens. None of the commercials or marketing materials I have seen yet for TS4 market to "older Simmers". I should know, because in my late 40's, I am definitely an older Simmer, at least compared to the average Simmer. Be careful what you ask for. If you want stuff that requires a souped up PC - VR is trending, and does indeed require a souped up PC, and Simmers with enough funds to spend on expensive accessories like VR headsets. PC game manufacturers pay very close attention to trends. So don't just ask for Sims 5 to require a spendy PC, you might just get what you asked for, and what you didn't. Ideally, if they make TS5 VR capable, they will also have a non-VR option, like they did with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Even Avakin Life has VR capability - on mobile devices - but does not require it.

You also say you do not want AI that "everything has changed reflecting what happened"...this sounds like story progression, which is a feature MANY TS3 fans want back. I could do without that feature, since it interferes with my rotational play style. But that is just my personal preference. Again, be careful what you wish for. If you say you want story progression....it may not happen how you expect.

Which I think is odd because I think they'd make more money if they targeted to long time or older fans. Not only would there be more loyalty and trust, many of us are even more willing to give money for a new system just to play sims.

Some of the young people they are targeting get the game from saving up or their parents.To me it doesnt make sense other than them wanting to be like the world. And the Sims 4 shows it.

They had their larger audience right here with the community starting with sims 1. But, apparently we arent good enough and they decided to take advantage of the loyalty from simmers who buy anything Sims related. imo Everything was fine for soo many yrs. Then, they turned such a unique and beautiful game into something imo barely recognizable. It looks like plastic surgery gone wrong.

This is what I think
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    I have never been so turned off by getting additional sims content than now with Sims 4. From all of the issues Ive seen, and the bugs that Ive read about, it seems more like a disaster than enjoyment to play the game with more content. I only have the base and Ive been dealing with issues and bugs. It was more tolerable before the patch but now it's really grinding my gears. So much for the whole open world=more problems.

Also, it would be nice if the goals for a "happy" date didnt apply for married or sims that are already a couple. It seems pointless since they are waay pass that stage and would be familiar with each other, and personally there are some sims I dont want to kiss on the first date. Likewise, ones who are shy or traditional. I know that I dont have to do them but still. Is there a way to turn it off?
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    spend4zen wrote: »
    OH Yea..PS...SPIRAL STAIRS AND DRUM SKILL PLEASE!

What’s with the lack of drums in this game... it’s one of the key components in most bands.

I also want bongos, percussions, trumpets, bass...
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Hestia wrote: »

What’s with the lack of drums in this game... it’s one of the key components in most bands.

In 29 packs and five years they couldn't add drums. How much money does it take to build a snare, lol. The mysteries behind the scenes of development.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

In 29 packs and five years they couldn't add drums. How much money does it take to build a snare, lol. The mysteries behind the scenes of development.

Well maybe they'll come sometime in the next 5 years. :p
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    @Cinebar #milkingthefanbase
    y'all got bread?
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited August 2019
    Over the past 5 years my feelings about this game have been up and down.

When I'd initially begun communicating how I felt about the sims 4, I believed it had huge potential so I fought for it faithfully. Slowly, but surely, I started to shift toward the "dark side" lol. I started to notice bugs being left unfixed, more and more bugs with ever patch, false promises of better ways of communication as far as transparency (which I can compromise and say is a matter of opinion for the most part), scandals breaking out between the devs and the community, amongst other things that have push me to stop defending the game and feel a sort of bitterness for it.

The bottom line is the sims 4 won't continue on forever. Sooner or later it will come to an end. I'm sure a bitter sweet end for some but and end nonetheless. And I will be sitting there with a diabolical laugh saying, "yess finally" 🤣. Jokes aside it's been a long and hard ride, but they will continue to keep milking this ride for as long as they are capable.

Some of us will have had enough and get off at the nearest stop, others will continue on until the end and then there are those who never got on and or got off at the very beginning.

My concern is how long will this truly last? Will the sims 4 see the 64-bit update? How many people will be left at the end? It's like the question of, "How many 🐸🐸🐸🐸 does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop".
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The problem for me is the things I did like about TS4 eventually gets broken. Then there are things I wanted that I had to wait five years to see. For instance in the patch yesterday, I requested five years ago, we should be able to set Sim pics on a table in a frame. Just like we had with the photobooth pics and the Uni camera in TS2. Kudos to them for finally adding it in yesterday's patch. However, it was five years ago I wanted it. Just like I wished and requested Sims be able to talk to each other while bowling.....five years later in June we finally get that. This buy now, fix later, or make better five years later, doesn't work for me. Hey kids, buy this chair and five years from now we will patch it so a Sim can chat with another Sim standing or sitting near by. Whatever happened to do it right the first time?
    Then there is this motto, hey, let's remove some stuff (doesn't matter if people liked it) but tone it down 'cause a handful didn't like something so those who did like something pay for a pack to experience that something and viola a month or so later, it's gone, or doesn't exist anymore because someone said it was too often or too hard and or too much. So, someone else gets their wish and gets something removed and others like me who might have liked something paid for something to rarely happen anymore. This whole concept of how to build TS4 and 'service' TS4 has been nothing but a headache. Even for those who think it's the best game ever.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Bringing back to the topic thread in question I suppose you Sims 3 afficionados have given up all hope of seeing an end to Sims 4 so have gone back to discussing old packs. @EA_Rtas this should now be in the Sims 3 threads

Don't you think tagging a mod is pretty extreme? Or maybe not considering the original topic and how you personally feel about the original topic? Let's just move the sims 4 feedback to the sims 3 general discussion area.. yea I don't see them doing that. Especially since the majority of the comments pertain to the sims 4. 🤷

No. This has become a Sims 3 topic and should be moved there or closed. Just my opinion though. You are welcome to hold your own. :)

Was your only reason entering the thread to tag a moderator as you have done in every thread I create? The topic of why I created the thread is on the first page. Do you have anything to add? Yes, no? or why not or why I shouldn't feel this way about the last EP? I'm all ears and always listen to a good debate of what is a good pack. But seeing it is TS4's version of IP in many respects it's only logical people compare the two. But my reasons didn't even bring up TS3 that much in the first post, the lack of gameplay and this the latest EP was enough to convince me I will enjoy when they end TS4, patch it up so we don't have to deal with patches anymore and then people can mod the heck out of it, just like we have TS2 and TS3. And look forward to a new engine.

I don't see any new IDEAS for Sims 5 mentioned here besides mine. This has largely become a gripe magnet for Sims 4 and a nostalgic thread about Sims 3. Nostalgic threads about Sims 3 and what can be done with Sims 3 belong in the Sims 3 area. This thread isn't even comparing the Sims 3 island EP to the Sims 4 island EP. If your goal was to be nostalgic about Sims 3, that belongs in the Sims 3 area. If you have new ideas for Sims 5, that cannot be done in Sims 4, let's hear them! Sims 5, guaranteed, will NOT be Sims 3 EP 12, as much as some people wish it to be. What is the point of releasing a new game if it is no different from an old game?
    This isn’t an “ideas for Sims 5” topic, it’s a “I want Sims 4 to end because” topic. Which means it will mainly contain criticism towards Sims 4 and the possibility for those who disagree to argue why people who do are mistaken. With arguments other than “but Sims 3 is unplayable and a hot mess”.

Oh, but Sims 3 is QUITE playable now that I got a new gaming computer, two years AFTER the last official content for the game came out. It just wasn't playable at release for many players. Keep in mind that businesses like EA are IN business to make money, and more sales = more money. You can bet the players who didn't check the specs for Sims 3 before buying checked the specs for Sims 4. And that would have been a lot of sales lost had they not catered to those players. In fact, on the desktop computer I have now, Sims 3 with its 4 GB of custom content I have in there now, only loads in about 2-5 minutes. I still could do without the Sims 3 rabbitholes though. I don't like loading screens either, but practically, almost nobody has the computing capacity in one computer to play a game that has neither loading screens nor rabbitholes and has all the character interactions and object animations that the Sims series does.

If they are planning for Sims 5 to have virtual reality, they are waiting until more than 5% of their current player base has machines that could handle it (FYI, my machine, with a GeForce GTX 970 with 8GB reserved can BARELY handle VR) and equipment (VR PC gear is currently about $400-800 by itself just for the accessories so I don't actually own any yet) that could handle it for this same reason. If you cut your player base down to the players who have the top 5% of machines, sure you have a great game, but if the other 95% cannot play it, you cannot sell to them. The top 5% cannot make up the sales from the lost sales of the other 95%.
    In relation to this topic I think the point should not be was Sims 3 playable for everyone in 2009. The point should be, would its features and possibilities be playable on nowadays computers, in a game that is developed now. Minus the bugs and routing errors we got for free in the process and that came down to rushing and wanting to make money as soon as possible. The fact my Sims 3 game runs smoothly, loading in 4 minutes and hardly has bugs anymore suggest two things:
    1. Yes, that is very possible in 2019
    2. Patches and DLC have a tendency to trigger bugs, so players are better off with a strong and full basegame, with just a couple of packs and patches

P.s. I sure don’t hope a Sims 5 will have VR by the way :s

Actually most of the kids and teens in my family have VR equipment already for both pc and console games as the games they play already offer it. We - older simmers- are very behind the times over our Ya's and younger folks now a days. So they are ready to go even if we aren't when it comes to capable equipment and VR gear.
    I’m very willing to learn and love new possibilities and equipment, that’s really not my issue here. My problem is that I just don’t think it suits a Sims game. Simming the way I see it is playing a character. Seeing the facial expressions of that character is important, making them do things is, creating different characters and make them react to each other and their environment. Sims is a game based on observing human behaviour. The games where VR is used have a different set up.

Worth remembering that VR is not the be all and end all for gaming - it’s a gimmick. None of the young gamers in my family use it and it’s not in the future of any of the games my Husband is working on. My nephew has a console and he has a laptop for gaming but he doesn’t care for VR. Playing online? Yes.
    I have a vr headset. It’s fun for the odd game. It’s not a big thing for every game. Why would it Be? It’s a gimmick.

Is graphics the most Important aspect? I would say no. He spent ages last week playing Zoo tycoon. He could have played the new one but he wasn’t bothered as that wasn’t as fun game play wise.

I foresee VR going the same direction as 3D televisions.

Too many complex animations, no doubt. It's probably the same reason that we don't have couples' dancing.

TS4 is allergic. Perhaps the new animators will bite the bullet and get down to it. Who knows?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    edited August 2019
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

When I'd initially begun communicating how I felt about the sims 4, I believed it had huge potential so I fought for it faithfully. Slowly, but surely, I started to shift toward the "dark side" lol. I started to notice bugs being left unfixed, more and more bugs with ever patch, false promises of better ways of communication as far as transparency (which I can compromise and say is a matter of opinion for the most part), scandals breaking out between the devs and the community, amongst other things that have push me to stop defending the game and feel a sort of bitterness for it.

The bottom line is the sims 4 won't continue on forever. Sooner or later it will come to an end. I'm sure a bitter sweet end for some but and end nonetheless. And I will be sitting there with a diabolical laugh saying, "yess finally" 🤣. Jokes aside it's been a long and hard ride, but they will continue to keep milking this ride for as long as they are capable.

Some of us will have had enough and get off at the nearest stop, others will continue on until the end and then there are those who never got on and or got off at the very beginning.

My concern is how long will this truly last? Will the sims 4 see the 64-bit update? How many people will be left at the end? It's like the question of, "How many plum does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop".

Everything just points to TS4 being mismanaged, highly unorganized, and incredibly inefficient.

To go from a strict schedule of stuff packs every 3 months and expansions every 6 months (which were feature packed) to, now, no schedule at all really suggests such. I’m all for taking time as needed to develop a pack, but these packs take too long to come out for what they end up offering. Patches break significant features (such as Dine Out’s restaurants) and then go unfixed for months on end. The marketing for TS4 is all over the place; one second they’re giving us quarterly trailers, then cancelling that, then doing Maxis Monthlys, then scrapping that.

I mean, the rebranding, too, was just a mess and a half. Whoever greenlit the idea of a rebranding and approved the color schemes used in it forgot to drink their morning coffee or something — oof.

I’m very excited for that game in your signature though. Knock on wood, but that development team and publisher is constantly showing how it’s done, time and time again.

I don't mean to derail the thread, but this has piqued my interest. Animal Crossing is a good game?
    edited August 2019

My concern is how long will this truly last? Will the sims 4 see the 64-bit update? How many people will be left at the end? It's like the question of, "How many plum does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop".

Everything just points to TS4 being mismanaged, highly unorganized, and incredibly inefficient.

To go from a strict schedule of stuff packs every 3 months and expansions every 6 months (which were feature packed) to, now, no schedule at all really suggests such. I’m all for taking time as needed to develop a pack, but these packs take too long to come out for what they end up offering. Patches break significant features (such as Dine Out’s restaurants) and then go unfixed for months on end. The marketing for TS4 is all over the place; one second they’re giving us quarterly trailers, then cancelling that, then doing Maxis Monthlys, then scrapping that.

I mean, the rebranding, too, was just a mess and a half. Whoever greenlit the idea of a rebranding and approved the color schemes used in it forgot to drink their morning coffee or something — oof.

I’m very excited for that game in your signature though. Knock on wood, but that development team and publisher is constantly showing how it’s done, time and time again.

I don't mean to derail the thread, but this has piqued my interest. Animal Crossing is a good game?

Ahh yes, it truly is, at least in my opinion. I've been playing Animal Crossing since it first came out back in the Nintendo GameCube days. I remember I got a Gamecube for Christmas and was wondering what the heck kind of game it was lol but it reminded me of Harvest moon in a weird way minus the fact that you didn't specifically follow a storyline you create your own story in a way. I loved how I could roam freely and take on tasks from the villagers. It was grinding at times, but there were things that made me fall in love with it and enjoy it. I know it's not for everyone as we all have our own tastes in certain games, but I say give it a try if you're curious. They have quite a few AC games on all sorts of platforms. The last one I played was ACNL (Animal crossing new leaf) on my 3DS. Sadly my 3-year old broke my 3DS so my villagers are left neglected lol.

And I'm excited about the next game as well, Sk8erblaze! I was watching some of the new feature introduced and I cannot wait to dive into it.

*Sorry to get off topic OP*

"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".

Ahh yes, it truly is, at least in my opinion. I've been playing Animal Crossing since it first came out back in the Nintendo GameCube days. I remember I got a Gamecube for Christmas and was wondering what the heck kind of game it was lol but it reminded me of Harvest moon in a weird way minus the fact that you didn't specifically follow a storyline you create your own story in a way. I loved how I could roam freely and take on tasks from the villagers. It was grinding at times, but there were things that made me fall in love with it and enjoy it. I know it's not for everyone as we all have our own tastes in certain games, but I say give it a try if you're curious. They have quite a few AC games on all sorts of platforms. The last one I played was ACNL (Animal crossing new leaf) on my 3DS. Sadly my 3-year old broke my 3DS so my villagers are left neglected lol.

And I'm excited about the next game as well, Sk8erblaze! I was watching some of the new feature introduced and I cannot wait to dive into it.

*Sorry to get off topic OP*

Hm. I should check it out. I need something to replace TS4 ever since I started singing the praises of its end.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Me too!

As for mismanagement, call me cynical but since it seems to be working (just left Twitter where a grown up who gets every single pack for free and who’s telling kids to first buy this upcoming pack they are so disappointed about before they can judge, got a $600 sweat shirt as a ‘gift’ and people love it for some reason that makes me doubt if I’m still connected to planet earth myself anymore), I guess they’re doing fine.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    edited August 2019

Pointing that game out is actually relevant here, especially in regards to how you mention The Sims 4 being an unorganised mess. A lot of content does come across as rushed. Recently, I believe last month or so, Nintendo actually shunned investors who were unhappy with how long AC New Horizons was taking. The company said that the development team would be given as much time as they need so that they could create something fans would love, and so that they could avoid crunch periods of work. Nintendo was willing to lose money in the short term to help ensure players would ultimately be happy with the product. In their own words, they said one of the reasons for delays was so employees could have a "work/life balance". Compare that to EA owned Anthem, where people were so stressed by crunch periods they were often leaving on medical grounds with other employees referring to them as "stress casualties".

With EA owned companies it's all about money in the short term, they have to meet targets no matter the cost. That's where the "add now, fix later" mechanics that @Cinebar mentioned come into play - just get it all out as fast as possible, meet the deadlines, quality can be sacrificed in exchange. They're willing to do far more than just cut corners in games to meet those targets. Just four months ago they let go 350 people in response to their stocks dropping in the summer of 2018 from around $150 to $80 by the end of the year. It's their own fault their stocks fall, as they keep annoying their fanbases to no end with terrible practices in games, yet they have to squeeze every penny out of players to meet targets because if they don't then their stocks will fall. They can't win because of a situation they created themselves.

The problem with the current team of developers is that they clearly don't play the game in their own time. For one thing, if they did, a lot more bugs would surely be noticed and fixed before releases and they would surely see how it gets old and tiring for many people very quickly, with all Sims being carbon copies and more. Again, going back to the late Satoru Iwata, CEO of Ninento, who at GDC in 2005 said:

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."

Iwata always used to take the fall for his employees too. Back when the 3DS first struggled he used his own money to make ends meet, avoiding any layoffs, and he did the same when the Wii U initially struggled, because he viewed laying employees off as a personal failure.

EA laid off a lot of people back in April 2018 too, including several Simgurus like Daniel. Some of those employees said that The Sims 4 at the time was running on a skeleton crew as many people had been moved over to work on mobile because it was failing. Your thoughts about mismanagement may very well be correct.

TL;DR /// Nintendo is an example of a good company that takes its time and cares about what they create whilst EA owned companies have their passions squashed in favour of making as much money as possible. The difference in priorities should clearly pretty horrendous from a gamer's point of view.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
    edited August 2019
    @PrincipleOfEntropy amazing! I don't put it past Nintendo. EA can take a good look and learn a lot from them. And from personal experience when they announced ACNH was going to be delayed I was fine with it and as far as I know so we're plenty others because at the end of the day it gives them more time to enhance the game for us. I have a lot of respect for Nintendo and jus hearing more about how they run their company makes me want to continue to be a loyal customer.
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited August 2019
    If you really want to know how Nintendo feels about the fans experience, watch the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLIv_UXI_So

Yeah, it's a shame EA doesn't follow Nintendo's Metroid Prime example when it comes to making games like The Sims 4.
    raw
  • Mikado-chanMikado-chan Posts: 108 Member

Wait, they scrapped Maxis Monthly?

:joy:

edited August 2019
    Evil_One wrote: »
    If you really want to know how Nintendo feels about the fans experience, watch the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLIv_UXI_So

Yeah, it's a shame EA doesn't follow Nintendo's Metroid Prime example when it comes to making games like The Sims 4.

While I can't suspend a modicum of my skepticism on at least some of the things he said (primarily because I don't immediately trust the things I see through a camera), at least this is an effort to do what is one of the most important things to do when you are expected to deliver a product to your customers and that is communication. To straight up tell the fans that they are restarting development, at least they know what's going on and don't have to be caught up wondering when the game is coming out.

But as if we needed another reason to despise EA. Oh wait, they just gave another one. I hear they're messing up Madden now. So that's great.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    Paralives is Sims 5. I do not trust this team to make a worthy life simulation successor. Their poor uninspired work full of excuses speaks for itself.

So far we've only been shown build items and lot building. The proof of the pudding will be if he can do his Para's lives' properly. He has a long way to go.

I don't like the way the developer is being regarded as some sort of Saviour that you all are looking to. It's too big a burden for him and doesn't help.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Simburian , he definitely has a long way to go but seeing the build system alone which EA can't even is truly revolutionary.

i personally perceive alex masse as 'my saviour' since EA just want me to recide on the pits of hell and giving false hopes and chances of getting out.

and im gonna stop right here cuz i'd certainly not want some extreme people here to tag the mods just because we're talking about paralives.
    y'all got bread?
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member

So far we've only been shown build items and lot building. The proof of the pudding will be if he can do his Para's lives' properly. He has a long way to go.

I don't like the way the developer is being regarded as some sort of Saviour that you all are looking to. It's too big a burden for him and doesn't help.

Alex has such a high standing already because the developers of the Sims have such a low one at this point.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top