Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    @nastyjman I have re-started it, I was going to post my Doctor but I forgot. I've made it through one week so far and had rolled already on the old rule (only rolled $1000) but I will use the new rule from now.
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Here is my next Time Lord...

vxDAVYf.png

As with my first completion of this challenge, my Time Lord has started with nothing and will work her way up and slowly build her Tardis. I've chosen the Heartache game play for a challenge and will use "Temperamental Tardis" rule. The Optimist is going to live underground and her Tardis will be disguised as a camper van/caravan type thing. Also I'll be changing lot traits every regeneration

bu81wfE.jpg
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Pebblycat

Nice! My first Time Lord was also named The Optimist. 😃

Here's a gallery of all his incarnations.

WnTmlyk.jpg

TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    Current wall of Time Ladies from my current game (from left to right: First Healer to Sixth Healer):

Izc4WBw.jpg
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Hello @nastyjman I don't know if you remember me, but I played this challenge waaaaay back in 2015 with The Artist. I only got as far as Third Artist though before I had to quit. The TARDIS was just too big and my old laptop couldn't handle it at the time.

mBCZdcB.png

I was thinking it might be fun to continue the challenge now that I have a gaming desktop, hence the reason I'm here again. I'm floored with how much this challenge has changed since then, so many more options.

I'm currently enjoying Island Living with several Sims, probably be playing in Sulani for a long time. But after awhile, I'll be ready for something different. Maybe... lol Of course, I could always relocate Third Artist to that world or just start over from scratch with a new Sim. We'll see...

I love your newest Time Lord by the way, Sixth Healer. Love your newest Time Lady too @Pebblycat! Good luck, have fun and...

Happy Simming Y'all! <3
  • Options
    @Karababy52 Welcome back! I do remember you with that pic of your Time Lady. You can definitely relocate your Artist to Sulani and play where you left off. Or redoing also works. :)

The important thing is to have fun and enjoy the "simulation" as a Time Lady.
  • Options
    Update on Temperamental TARDIS:

I cleaned up the verbiage on the beta rules. I may need to playtest a fresh game (how many Time Lords do I have in this game?), but mid-game results are great (which is my current Time Lady).

I am enjoying Version 2 instead of Version 1. The hangups I had on Version 1 are the random punishment and excess reward.

With Version 2, there is control on reward and punishment: you are rewarded for overspending on your TARDIS, and you are punished for underspending. The other thing I like is the incentive to build your TARDIS. Depending on how much you get on a roll, you are encouraged to grow your TARDIS, or be penalized for not spending enough.

It also controls your household funds. For normal sims, it's logical to keep their money in a bank. For Time Lords, they have no use for trivial things such as money. So, with regards to roleplaying in The Sims, money is the TARDIS' energy. And since your TARDIS is temperamental, the "energy" fluctuates frequently.
  • Options
    Thanks @Karababy52 and I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying Sulani :)

My Time Lady has gone through the regeneration process and unfortunately I forgot to get a selfie of her for the momentos :s She also didn't make quite enough points for the re-traiting potion and didn't finish the gardening aspiration. Great start hey? She did manage to start building the underground portion of the Tardis.

The regeneration aftermath is a nice touch @nastyjman. I kept forgetting that you basically can't use anything with the "off the grid trait"

Second Optimist will be working on the painter aspiration and once that's complete she'll go back to finishing Freelance Botanist
    TXawNYM.png
  • Options
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    The regeneration aftermath is a nice touch @nastyjman. I kept forgetting that you basically can't use anything with the "off the grid trait"

Teehee ;) I usually crash and overstay at someone's house until the aftermath ends.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    You're nice to your Time Lord @nastyjman. Mine gets no sympathy, she may have had to use public toilets, shower in the rain and live off the fruits and veg she grows. Poor thing has been hit numerous times by lightning :D:D:#
  • Options
    You're nice to your Time Lord @nastyjman. Mine gets no sympathy, she may have had to use public toilets, shower in the rain and live off the fruits and veg she grows. Poor thing has been hit numerous times by lightning :D:D:#

LOL! I may have to do that to my Time Lady on the next regeneration.
  • Options
    Update...

Second Optimist completed the painter extraordinaire and Freelance Botanist aspirations. She also made some good progress in building the Tardis and it's disguise.

Third Optimist's goal was to start working on collections and was able to complete The Curator aspiration. She completed the elements and Sim Trophy collections. I had her start on the Nerd Brain aspiration and she was so close to completing it :s

For some reason I'm having difficulty managing her time which is really annoying :/

Caravan park disguise in progress
    OHAtbah.png

The Optimist
    kfxx0Uc.png
  • Options
    Update...

Second Optimist completed the painter extraordinaire and Freelance Botanist aspirations. She also made some good progress in building the Tardis and it's disguise.

Third Optimist's goal was to start working on collections and was able to complete The Curator aspiration. She completed the elements and Sim Trophy collections. I had her start on the Nerd Brain aspiration and she was so close to completing it :s

For some reason I'm having difficulty managing her time which is really annoying :/

Caravan park disguise in progress
    OHAtbah.png

The Optimist
    kfxx0Uc.png

Loving the Caravan park, and extra love to Third Optimist!
  • Options
    PandoopPandoop Posts: 702 Member
    I'm loving this challenge so far, I'm already on my Second Time Lord!
    Pictures of my Time Lord (The Outcast) talking to mysterious Baba Yaga
    w9ePQ8v.pngQTwUdTM.png
  • Options
    @Pandoop Happy you're enjoying it! I'm on my Ninth incarnation, but her companions just passed from old age. :( Now she's lonely again.
  • Options
    badxwolfxrisingbadxwolfxrising Posts: 69 Member
    edited August 2019
    Oooo I had started this not that long ago but I may want to start a brand new game with the updated rules. :D

ETA: Upon looking at the rules again, I remembered I meant to ask about the whole no sleeping on anything with an energy level higher than 6. I suppose it's more fanon than canon that Time Lords don't need to sleep as much as humans due to their advanced biology but I was just curious what the reasoning behind this particular rule was @nastyjman ??
  • Options
    Oooo I had started this not that long ago but I may want to start a brand new game with the updated rules. :D

ETA: Upon looking at the rules again, I remembered I meant to ask about the whole no sleeping on anything with an energy level higher than 6. I suppose it's more fanon than canon that Time Lords don't need to sleep as much as humans due to their advanced biology but I was just curious what the reasoning behind this particular rule was @nastyjman ??

You don't have to follow that rule, but I implemented it because it made the challenge easier and broke the flow of the game (at least for me).
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    nastyjman wrote: »

You don't have to follow that rule, but I implemented it because it made the challenge easier and broke the flow of the game (at least for me).

That makes sense. Certainly, the amount of time spent sleeping makes building skills more challenging.

Tomorrow marks the 10 year anniversary of Ten's regeneration and I'm feeling sad and nostalgic, so I modeled my new Time Lord on him. The First Physician will start out with the Serial Romantic aspiration because I can lol.

qCzqaN.png

• Options
    "I don't want to go!" :'(
  • Options
    nastyjman wrote: »
    "I don't want to go!" :'(

I don't want him to go either. That's why I think he may be procreating with a blonde companion in the very near future, lol. That way part of him will always live on. ;)
  • Options
    Anyone feel the Temperamental TARDIS is giving too much money? I'm thinking of reducing the money you get from every roll. Currently it's at 5,000 multiplied by the number on the six sided dice. My proposition would be 4,000.
  • Options
    I find the money a bit excessive especially if the higher numbers are rolled and I'm not looking to add to my Tardis/ or only adding a few small items.
  • Options
    I find the money a bit excessive especially if the higher numbers are rolled and I'm not looking to add to my Tardis/ or only adding a few small items.

Yeah. I feel the same way after a while. At one point I just spent some on decoration and opted for the punishment. I will tweak the rules.
  • Options
    I am so mad at myself right now :s

My Fifth Optimist froze to death in an unfortunate way...
    She was so close to finishing the soulmate aspiration with only 3 more romantic interactions to go when she got abducted by aliens. Me not realizing she was already cold because I didn't install a thermostat, that when she came back she immediately froze and died. Her husband Darsh (who changed into his warm clothes) didn't get there in time to plead to the reaper :s

She was such a cute optimist too and hadn't even gone through the first revitalization phase :(
    Lesson learnt: don't be tight with my money and install a thermostat

The Fifth Optimist
    j2METIB.jpg

Darsh and Fifth's love was short but intense
    dLMsi85.png

@nastyjman I've retrieved fifth from the my library, so now I have to regenerate into the Sixth Optimist?
  • Options
    @Pebblycat Oh no! :( I was also close to accidentally killing my Time Lady. I had picked the same outfit for both cold and warm weather to match her normal clothes. I thought I picked the warm outfit for warm weather, but actually picked the cold.

And yes, you have to regenerate her to Sixth.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top