Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#PlayWithLife - Your stories!

124...Next

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    It doesn’t matter what anyone of the age of 25 thinks. We are irrelevant. Gotta be the only franchise I can think of that basically gives loyal fans the middle finger.

And if they don’t, why was the casting call for 15-25 year olds?

Cheaper to employ?

As far as loyalty goes, nobody in business seems to care about loyal customers these days. I include my bank, my insurance company, my energy company, my cable company....ad infinitum. They count on customer inertia until something like a credible rival comes along and you switch suddenly. That'll probably happen to EA/Maxis one day if they are not careful. >:)
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Cheaper to employ? Were these people even paid? If they were it would be discrimination to pay them less.
    There are companies out there that care about customers, there are game companies that do. If you want to see an example of a game company that cares about their fans, look to CD Projekt Red as a prime example.

Ha, that has already happened to EA and Maxis once before, look at Sim City 2013 as the perfect example of a company that told fans what they wanted and gave them a bunch of features nobody wanted. The game flopped. And Cities Skylines gave us fans the game we did want.
    Simburian wrote: »
    It doesn’t matter what anyone of the age of 25 thinks. We are irrelevant. Gotta be the only franchise I can think of that basically gives loyal fans the middle finger.

And if they don’t, why was the casting call for 15-25 year olds?

Cheaper to employ?

As far as loyalty goes, nobody in business seems to care about loyal customers these days. I include my bank, my insurance company, my energy company, my cable company....ad infinitum. They count on customer inertia until something like a credible rival comes along and you switch suddenly. That'll probably happen to EA/Maxis one day if they are not careful. >:)

• PrinceSarahPrinceSarah Posts: 18 Member
    Because I love building and creating things and challenging myself with seeing what challenges and legacies I can complete!
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Hallo EA?! A bit blind to all the comments here? We are not dumb to fall for this ongoing game of marketing. I think you have the wrong audience in mind and forget a major part of your community. We will always be here to try to set things straight :) THAT IS why I love the sims community. Just a bunch of intelligent folks here.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited August 2019
    Since the thread is about the promotional ad, we can discuss about it. So I felt readdressing my previous message that been removed for being off-topic, but in a way that's better articulated in wording besides quoting derailing comments.

#PlayWithLife folks! For those who didn't understand the message of the video or overlooked, the implication is you must have been depressed about who-you-are and thats what got you to play The Sims. Oh and also, people over ages 20-25, because well - those are who additioned for the promo. A game broadens your horizons and can teach you self-love. Somebody also addressed this, but yeah - the ad gives a bit harmful message via this impression. The girl that made a comment how she thought blondes with blue eyes associates "beautiful", which I can't help but interpret with skepticism that game change her outlook to people. We can conclude she didn't perhaps ever receive a compliment, but it's an over-analysis that's I think is relevant and worth addressing.

I perhaps no longer met the requirements to be define as "simmer", as I started playing first sims game when I was around 7-10, nor I was brooding about how cruel and unequal the world is, since obviously I lacked the perspective at that age. Anybody wanna raise hands who didn't play for the aforementioned reason?

If not, wasn't that the focal point of the video? I love the video that it has the cliche of any promotional ad, that pursues people that vastly different and are social minority to know there's still a place for them to jump in. Questionable representation of the community, but ok.

The people in the video, coincidentally happen to be picked because of how they or/and scripted to say: (transgender) been frustrated/confused over their sexuality, (asian) a person that didn't feel confident over their ethical facial attributes, and somebody who been bullied for being different (person of color). Middle in the video, and that's what I really looked forward to hear. White and heterosexual are boring; they're not worth hearing an insight as they don't struggle the issues of unpleasant self-hatred predicaments.

Kinda sucks that others and everybody in general didn't briefly share the stories why they play a game. Some said they play it to put their Sim-self in virtual surrounding, some said for drama, other said that you could do whatever they're want. Great, would like to share an actual example you played through? Then again, nobody cares about that, right? Though people in this story shared actual reasons, and those comments could have been honored in the video. No

https://youtu.be/WOeiZjf8AKc

The above video is still one of my favorites than the current one at the channel. People share actual stories, doesn't preach intolerance over people and shows genuine exclusivity (people over ages 20-50), and overall is enjoyable to watch as a creatively funny skit.

No sass, but I hope this comment of a conspiracy theory doesn't disappear mysteriously :D If I did break a rule, can others address it in pm :smile:
    Post edited by DragonCat159 on
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • PinkFairyPinkFairy Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm currently suffering from depression & social anxiety. Starting to play the sims 4, has given me an outlet to busy my mind and get involve in the game rather then stare at the wall, sleep all day, or just go crazy thinking on my own. It has helped me get through some really bad times in my life to relieve everyday real life stress. <3 sims! :)
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I've been suffering from depression and panic attacks for decades now, with better and worse periodes, games occupy my mind and can keep aweful thoughts at bay, playing games has kept me from doing way worse stuff and got me through many, many sleepless and horrible nights...they do not heal and they are not therapy though!
    BUT the above goes for alot of different games not just the sims.

I'd say so far the sims for me is special among my other games because it brings out the creative and the dreamer side in me more than anyother and I would be gone without those sides (drawing is my main addiction ever since I was little).
    But it did not teach me any lifelessons or healed any trauma, it's a game and that's all I need it to be.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    that was really good video <3
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• PixellamaPixellama Posts: 31 Member
    i like the video a lot, but i do wish they included older people since there are a lot of "older" simmers who would like to be included (some simmers talked about it on twitter on how they felt excluded)... Putting that aside, I love creating sims and making up stories is my passion. I also love editing screenshots and playing with cc! I love how i can get immersed into the game easily!!