Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A new patch?

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited August 2019
    The patch notes link in the announcement is wrong, you can read the notes here @mock68 @fallenangel66
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited August 2019
    The patch notes link in the announcement is wrong, you can read the notes here mock68 fallenangel66

I think that covers most of the common complaints I've been hearing about.

Question is: did this one introduce new bugs? (Most probably yes)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • JADETIGERJADETIGER Posts: 23 Member
    I was able to get to the patch notes by choosing the link under the category “The Sims 4 Latest Patch Notes”. The link at the top of the page also gave me the error of “You don’t have permissions.”
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    The patch notes link in the announcement is wrong, you can read the notes here mock68 fallenangel66

I think that covers most of the common complaints I've been hearing about.

Question is: did this one introduce new bugs? (Most probably yes)

Ooo, I love surprises.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    I can't see the patch notes, it says I don't have permission. :'(
    mock68 wrote: »
    Me too... I thought it was just me..

Thanks for letting us know. Can you try it again? :)
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

EA_Lanna wrote: »
    I can't see the patch notes, it says I don't have permission. :'(
    mock68 wrote: »
    Me too... I thought it was just me..

Thanks for letting us know. Can you try it again? :)

It's still not working for me.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    I’m getting denied as well 😵
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,446 Member
    edited August 2019
    Can't read patch notes either using the link.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited August 2019
    @EA_Lanna the thread number is wrong in the announcement banner:

In the banner: https: //forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/964162/pc-mac-august-8th-2019-patch-notes-welcome-to-haute-august#latest
    Actual post: https: //forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/964171/pc-mac-august-8th-2019-patch-notes-welcome-to-haute-august#latest
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Royale93 wrote: »
    > @Akl500P said:
    > I don’t know how to posts tweets but a guru tweeted the restaurant food stealing bug will be fixed. Yayyy

Yay! Do they specific times when patches usually drop?

It's already dropped. I just went to play my game, and to also make sure I was set on no auto-game update, since I use mods. Lo, and behold, my game cover stated update available. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    I am a bit disappointed the patch doesn't mention a fix for Conservationists unable to get wage raise past level 10 the way other careers do.
    Or the fact NPCs use my fireplace as a portal.

Wait, seriously? You have your own personal Floo network?

I want one, too. lol
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    @EA_Lanna Still can't access the notes.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I see no fix for the mermaid/randomize traits issue. And the randomize/skin detail issue. That makes me sad.

"Mermaids now properly pass along their genetics to the next generation." How, then, are you interpreting this? :3

Certainly not "You click the randomize traits and eyes and your mermaid loses their mermaid-ness" That has to do with them having kids, in live mode. Nothing at all to do with creating them in CAS.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I am a bit disappointed the patch doesn't mention a fix for Conservationists unable to get wage raise past level 10 the way other careers do.

Pretty much, though my sims are muggles and can't use it. Meh.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.

I want one, too. lol

Same!
    I see no fix for the mermaid/randomize traits issue. And the randomize/skin detail issue. That makes me sad.

"Mermaids now properly pass along their genetics to the next generation." How, then, are you interpreting this? :3

Certainly not "You click the randomize traits and eyes and your mermaid loses their mermaid-ness" That has to do with them having kids, in live mode. Nothing at all to do with creating them in CAS.

Oh. I didn't even know that was an issue some people were having.

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Wait, we have standing photo frames now ?? Thank you !!!)
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

This is actually one of the "free" updates that I'm most happy about. Not only that, but new frame colors *and* you no longer have to go into build mode to change the frame color. Love it!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

Patch also added lots of frame colors.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    The new option to place photos on surfaces is so cool.

CLRLuwO.jpg

Does it work with photos taken with any camera, or does it have to be a particular one?

Hm... I already did this for a while. Must have reached my game in the previous-previous patch...

Yay to more frame colors though!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

It still does that for the eyes, but not traits. I created a mermaid and when I randomized the eyes and switched to her mermaid form it glitched, but not traits. Oddly enough it didn’t glitch if I randomized the mermaid form eyes.
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    sproot wrote: »
    Does anyone know if skin details and tattoos stay when switching outfits? I have yet to play.

Loaded up my game and tested it out. No fix for it. :neutral:
    IMG-6587.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited August 2019
    Lighthouse Woohoo is still broken. You can click on the lighthouse door for woohoo but the interaction doesn't even pop up in the que.

Also the skills cheat doesn't seem to work with mermaids.
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    After I installed the new patch, Some sims showed up to bring extra food at my sims house in Sulani. They stayed whole whole day and night. There is no option to ask them to leave like before.
    Looks like they are here to stay permanently. One even napped on my sim's bed.