Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I will be making some music for The Sims 5

Could players creativity go beyond just game play in TS5?

I am volunteering here to make some music for TS5 so if any devs are reading this and need someone to do something for TS5 or any other title that you are working on then feel free to drop me a PM :smile:

I think that a few players should be selected to make the music for TS5. Any singers out there want to sing in Simlish?

I think that this would be an awesome idea :smile:

Here is one of my works using TS3. Imagine if TS5 looked (and sounded) like that but with better graphics? Now that would be awesome! :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux0Aa5XqEoQ

I will come back when I have some new works to share with everyone and hope that a dev wants to sign me up :smile:
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    no offense but they usually hire big name award winning musical composers, sims 4 was scored by ilan eshkeri don't think they're gonna consider this.
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    I’d love to see some music created by players in the next game! It’d be very personable! Sounds great! And for that matter... maybe in game framed player-made art too?
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    no offense but they usually hire big name award winning musical composers, sims 4 was scored by ilan eshkeri don't think they're gonna consider this.

Well plum, just chop his/her dream in half why dontcha
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited August 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »

So? Who cares? They're just telling the truth. Besides, entertaining this idea for a moment, if the OP is asked to work with the developers on TS5, what's their guarantee that the OP won't reveal to others the progress of the game, should they happen to hear about it? The OP also mentioned "volunteering" which implies "to work for free". It's not as if they'll get an income to potentially lose.

It's a nice idea since I'm more than sure that fans are better at creating content for The Sims these days than the actual developers, but it's an unrealistic one.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

So? Who cares? They're just telling the truth. Besides, entertaining this idea for a moment, if the OP is asked to work with the developers on TS5, what's their guarantee that the OP won't reveal to others the progress of the game, should they happen to hear about it? The OP also mentioned "volunteering" which implies "to work for free". It's not as if they'll get an income to potentially lose.

It's a nice idea since I'm more than sure that fans are better at creating content for The Sims these days than the actual developers, but it's an unrealistic one.

All dreams are unrealistic until they come true.

OP, keep improving on your music production skills, who knows where it could take you some day. :)
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member

I am volunteering here to make some music for TS5 so if any devs are reading this and need someone to do something for TS5 or any other title that you are working on then feel free to drop me a PM :smile:

I think that a few players should be selected to make the music for TS5. Any singers out there want to sing in Simlish?

Here is one of my works using TS3. Imagine if TS5 looked (and sounded) like that but with better graphics? Now that would be awesome! :smiley:

I will come back when I have some new works to share with everyone and hope that a dev wants to sign me up :smile:

It’s a generous idea, but I prefer my Sims music to be more calming (Sims 1 and Sims 2 are PERFECT) examples of that. This music is a little up-beat club type for my liking. But if you made it yourself it’s still impressive. I couldn’t make anything to save my life.

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Never even heard of him! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

My dream is their nightmare
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I'm not a fan of that sound at all.
  • Options

I'm not a fan of that sound at all.

What do you like then?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

OP, keep improving on your music production skills, who knows where it could take you some day. :)

By the same logic, it's an unrealistic dream to be able to bench-press 200 pounds. Or to have a child.
  • Options

By the same logic, it's an unrealistic dream to be able to bench-press 200 pounds. Or to have a child.

Disagree.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Disagree.

...Alright, it's clear you're not very good at this since you just contradicted yourself, so... I'll be ending this conversation.
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    edited August 2019

When the club's about to shut, the lights come on and the bouncers are telling you to leave, but you and your best friend are too busy living your best life. 💃
    Post edited by the_greenplumbob on
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Disagree.

...Alright, it's clear you're not very good at this since you just contradicted yourself, so... I'll be ending this conversation.

I wasn’t paying attention to whatever you said because I clearly do not wish to engage in conversation with you any further. I apparently didn’t make that clear before. So, please don’t quote me again.
  • Options

ok so then jerry martin and mark mothersbaugh then? anyways my point is that they're not going to get someone off a fan forum who's asking to volunteer to make music for free with what sounds like mid-grade music software with fake instruments. its a job that requires composing a live orchestra and high end recording gear and sound mixing

keep making music if this is your dream career but volunteering to do things for free is not the way to go about things. composing is a job, put together a portfolio and a resume
  • Options

When the club's about to shut, the lights come on and the bouncers are telling you to leave, but you and your best friend are too busy living your best life. 💃

There is a story that I read many years ago on a ghost stories site about two guys who had been to a club and climbed onto the roof and then fell and died. It was said that their ghosts can still be seen dancing on the roof... :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

ok so then jerry martin and mark mothersbaugh then? anyways my point is that they're not going to get someone off a fan forum who's asking to volunteer to make music for free with what sounds like mid-grade music software with fake instruments. its a job that requires composing a live orchestra and high end recording gear and sound mixing

keep making music if this is your dream career but volunteering to do things for free is not the way to go about things. composing is a job, put together a portfolio and a resume

Still never heard of them! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

and you think you can score sims 5 without being aware of the work of the people that did the other sims iterations...ok.
  • Options

and you think you can score sims 5 without being aware of the work of the people that did the other sims iterations...ok.

The Sims 4 does not interest me. I have no idea who did what for it
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Mark Motoherbaugh is part of the band Devo, and did the iconic Rugrats theme.

What I'd like to see for The Sims is something more laid back and less techno, and still retains the theme that we're all familiar with.
  • Options

Mark Motoherbaugh is part of the band Devo, and did the iconic Rugrats theme.

What I'd like to see for The Sims is something more laid back and less techno, and still retains the theme that we're all familiar with.

I cannot even remember the Rugrats theme lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    No offense to the work, but that type of beat quickly gives me a headache. (I always use "proper" speakers and I like bass but not like that.) It'd go well with the bright rebrand if it also had high-pitched squeaks (very trendy). (Or, maybe it does, I had to stop it quickly as my head pounded.)

I hope the Sims team will be MORE careful about stuff that could give players headaches.

---

Also, people are so bold and aggressively hustlin' in-yer-face these days, I could never.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member

I don't understand. You want to work for EA then you say their game doesn't interest you... I don't think it's the right attitude to make them want to hire you...
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    Amandèle wrote: »

I don't understand. You want to work for EA then you say their game doesn't interest you... I don't think it's the right attitude to make them want to hire you...

I am interested in the series. I want a Sims game that interests me and I want other players to have input to make a game that interests them as well
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg