Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 "Play With Life" Video vs Sims 4 "Play With Life" video

2...Next

Comments

• DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited August 2019
    Gordy wrote: »
    The Sims 4 one is so awkward. I won't fault those people for finding expression and safety in the game, even if they overdid it and made a depressing commercial. But I don't know. It feels a bit like blatant emotional manipulation? Bringing out these people to speak about their traumas and issues in order to sell a product. Like, I'm sure it was meant to be inspirational and relatable, and I'm sure a lot of people would feel the same way about it. But it seems kind of weird to me, personally.

And it's pretty much telling how minorities were chosen for the ad, instead you know anybody and everybody. You can't argue that people that are 'victimize often by social oppression' quo (asian, disabled, black and transgender) were put on accident to coincidentally talk issues related exclusively to their distinct identity. The video is heavily scripted and focused on only these social minority group. It's blatant especially when those four people outcry about their own issues (racism, homophobia, surgeries for handicapped), which doesn't exist in the game and thus shouldn't be in the video as they have nothing to do with the game. It's quite uncomfortable to watch this video.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    It's quite uncomfortable to watch this video.
    Personally, I couldn't watch the whole thing. I paused it right after the girl said she once asked her mother why she's black.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/lPZa1VCxmzQ

Has everyone forgotten The Sims 2? :(

I hope not! I love The Sims 2. <3

I loved the music from Sims 2.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    Niana wrote: »
    There’s nothing to compare tbh. Sims 4 is a commercial for a computer game that shows 0 gameplay ?!? Looks more like a ad for a therapy app or something.

LMAO :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    I like Sims 3 as it shows gameplay and not all talk and if you want to get me interested all talk is not the way to do it.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    In this instance I prefer the Sims 3 one bcuz it shows the actual game.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Sims 4 one is cute and inclusive, i love that. But its filled with lies like "no boundaries", "no limits", etc... We know how much limited S4 is. Also, Sims 3 one proves that the game wasn't childish, and i miss that. I love the quirkness, but Sims 4 does it in a childish way that Sims 2 didn't, and i don't like it.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited August 2019
    I dont watch the sims 4 version only the glimpse of it, and never will because it doesnt advertise the game as the "game" but something else. So I will say the sims 3's is my preferred one. But if im being asked between 3 and 2 I would say 2.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Ever since EA laid off almost a hundred Employees in their Marketing Department, Marketing in The Sims 4 began to slowly fade IMO.

Who in the marketing team thought about the super bold rebrand?
    Why didn't they created a launch trailer for IL which has been a tradition since The Sims 3?
    Why they don't put renders and do huge marketing just like in Get To Work EP?
    And why does this video is depressing?

I really think they should hire a new creative leader on their marketing department. I would rather take the Get Together Stage Dance announcement that this.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited August 2019
    The problem with TS4's video is that it doesn't really promote the game itself. The video is little more than an anvilicious attempt at trying to tell you about how deep and inclusive they are.
    Post edited by MMX on
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    The Sims 4 video isn’t about The Sims 4, it’s about The Sims as a whole and how the series has affected the players shown in the video.

While The Sims 3 video is about The Sims 3 and what you can do in the Sims 3.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sims 4 is about social issues, not the actual game, Sims 3 is about the actual game. I do like the controls in Sims 3, but is does have more immersive gameplay.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    The Sims 4 video isn’t about The Sims 4, it’s about The Sims as a whole and how the series has affected the players shown in the video.

Yeaah, but its wierd that these people are turning into Sims4 Sims.
    Also wierd that when you open up the Sims 4 Base Game on Origin, its the first video that shows up
    And also wierd that at the end of the Video, instead of showing all Sims Highlights, they only advertise The Sims4 Gameplay Trailers.
    When you new into the Sims4, you will think that all the things mentioned here means the Sims4.
    ''No barriers... no boundries'' lmao and misleading aF
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited August 2019
    The sims 3 has that innocent, happy gaming but then also naughty vibe to it. It kept THE SIMS GAME in it.
    The sims 4 video is just.. UGH! Fake, trying to play on your feelings and it has too obvious agenda marketing. I find it more than annoying. They seem to try to break the bridge between gaming and reality by adding too much humanism into their videos. No thank you.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Sims 4 video was just odd. Although I like the inclusivity, they could have just showcased that through gameplay footage or something while keeping it fun and light-hearted. It had nothing to do with the game and felt like an ad for Dove beauty products or something
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    edited August 2019
    PreCiious wrote: »
    filipomel wrote: »

Yeaah, but its wierd that these people are turning into Sims4 Sims.
    Also wierd that when you open up the Sims 4 Base Game on Origin, its the first video that shows up
    And also wierd that at the end of the Video, instead of showing all Sims Highlights, they only advertise The Sims4 Gameplay Trailers.
    When you new into the Sims4, you will think that all the things mentioned here means the Sims4.
    ''No barriers... no boundries'' lmao and misleading plum

And then you decided to bought City Living and tried to build apartments...
    How about swim in the Ocea Oh wait its only available in Sulani

Nevermind