Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    Hey, EA, if you released these billboards as prints I would totally buy a load of them for my apartment.
    Hestia wrote: »
    @Bandak If you live in the little area on the top left with the dog statue.

Oasis Springs

FkiWIa2.png
    Freezer Bunny Refrigerators.

----

c3nd75v.png
    Floating houses.

----

6NTlYFb.png
    A drive-in sign.

San Myshuno

nR4aOZF.png
    Fancy watch billboard.

----

bQSIgXt.png
    Mall advertisemets.

----

tDhHc55.png
    Another wall advertisement with an nice render quality for a child Sim.

----

knEbq2I.png
    Soda billboard.

----

QD4uGZZ.png
    Headphones billboard.

----

C3rD6BV.png
    Traveling billboard. Looks like Newcrest?

----

VUh0rA0.png
    TawMd5r.png
    Sims that you can find walking beneath San Myshuno's towering buildings. They appear to have low-quality polygons. They have an awkward walk.

----

fgvtVi2.png
    Abstract billboard.

----

oOxi5ha.png
    "City Living" billboard?

----

hvyDNB2.png
    Possibly a jewelry or other luxury fashion billboard advertisement.

----

V4UuUK8.png
    Piggybank flyer. Possibly an advertisement from a bank? Or something loan related.

----

2HxIRsS.png
    Artistic Japanese style billboard.

----

05KGBE3.png
    Green Tea billboard.

----

0rs6e40.png
    A generic city template found in the corner of San Myshuno.

----

QXPZ5pI.png
    A chair billboard.

----

bLecSvn.png
    Possibly a political related flyer.

• StarstruckSimmerStarstruckSimmer Posts: 356 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    @Bandak If you live in the little area on the top left with the dog statue.

Oasis Springs

FkiWIa2.png
    Freezer Bunny Refrigerators.

----

c3nd75v.png
    Floating houses.

----

6NTlYFb.png
    A drive-in sign.

San Myshuno

nR4aOZF.png
    Fancy watch billboard.

----

bQSIgXt.png
    Mall advertisemets.

----

tDhHc55.png
    Another wall advertisement with an nice render quality for a child Sim.

----

knEbq2I.png
    Soda billboard.

----

QD4uGZZ.png
    Headphones billboard.

----

C3rD6BV.png
    Traveling billboard. Looks like Newcrest?

----

VUh0rA0.png
    TawMd5r.png
    Sims that you can find walking beneath San Myshuno's towering buildings. They appear to have low-quality polygons. They have an awkward walk.

----

fgvtVi2.png
    Abstract billboard.

----

oOxi5ha.png
    "City Living" billboard?

----

hvyDNB2.png
    Possibly a jewelry or other luxury fashion billboard advertisement.

----

V4UuUK8.png
    Piggybank flyer. Possibly an advertisement from a bank? Or something loan related.

----

2HxIRsS.png
    Artistic Japanese style billboard.

----

05KGBE3.png
    Green Tea billboard.

----

0rs6e40.png
    A generic city template found in the corner of San Myshuno.

----

QXPZ5pI.png
    A chair billboard.

----

bLecSvn.png
    Possibly a political related flyer.

That's a lot of billboards..tbh, I'd buy the artistic Japanese one for my room if to were a print.
    b664aa5fd45b450309991d52cad05b285b11ca07.png
    old simmer whos just now getting back into it
  • HoelddenHoeldden Posts: 6 New Member
    I discovered that if a double bed is against the wall you can have a sim scoot over so 2 can lay in it together, so no more routing worries when trying to decorate rooms in different styles and configurations.
  • HoelddenHoeldden Posts: 6 New Member
    there is a simmer on the gallery with the username pre-start that shares all the maxis premade sims and stuff like that, even stuff maxis seems to have taken down for some reason
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Counting all the screenshots, one by one, by one, by one, by one, by one. Oh, carry on. No complaints here at all!
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    You can get the billboards under wall decor, you just need a really big wall. I play sims pretty much everyday and know most of the I didn't know things so I did not read the whole 291 page thread so If I repeat anything forgive Me. If You buy a money tree with your points, grow it, don't harvest it then put it in Your household inventory you will get six new seeds. You can create a whole grove of money tree's this way by repeating until you have the amount you want and can handle. IF You have a vampire, avoid all the icky weaknesses, take the day phobia and sleep problems, then use your life points to purchase never stressed, it will neutralize the negative stress buffers. Now that Dine out is broken I am working on ways to get around the food stealing problem. If I figure one out I will post it on this thread tonight or tomorrow. If patchy drives You crazy wanting to come in your house and visit all the time, ( he is also afraid of storms) build him a small shed/room with a stereo,TV and globe bar. He will be happy, just go visit to talk to him now and then so he don't get lonely. then lock him out. I am waiting for bug fixes and time to pass to purchase more packs and add any mods so I am playing a vanilla game right now. Once I play more packs I will contribute more to this forum and I am always adding builds and sims to the gallery under spend4zen. My main message right now is FIX DINE OUT>.it is unplayable in every way and not just food stealing. The Graphics in the Sims 4 is beautiful, and I love how easy it is to build now and create sims but there are so many things missing. WE need more socials, bugs fixed, more romance content besides rabbit holes for whohoo. No amount of Easter egg didn't know content can make up for boredom.

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Did you know that as an actor, while on a studio gig, you can steal the food servings? When you drag one dish to your sim's inventory, a new dish appears. Cool for poor hopeful actors/actresses who don't have much money (or food) yet.

This is also a thing to do if you don't really like the food that is on offer (some sims are picky...) :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • malpalfacemalpalface Posts: 1 New Member
    OMG I had no idea about these secret worlds. I feel dumb for not knowing but I am always learning something new about the Sims 4. I've been adding a lot of mods lately and it's so awesome how many option I have now!
  • lindaatjuhlindaatjuh Posts: 52 Member
    Hoeldden wrote: »
    I discovered that if a double bed is against the wall you can have a sim scoot over so 2 can lay in it together, so no more routing worries when trying to decorate rooms in different styles and configurations.

Did you know that that's the very first thing that was mentioned in this topic? lol
  • OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    Sim can woohoo with a ghost, once it's done, you'll get a achievement. And your sim will get a very unique focus moodlet that I found it very hilarious.

I know most simmers played this game in a friendly, loving way, but I got bored with this traditional game playing, wanting to try something different, so I decided to let two sims in a relationship break up with each other to see what would happen. Haha! Not regret it at all! I had so much fun watching these two sims doing funny interactions, especially the romantic ones.

I don't want to be a spoiler, just at least try breaking up or divorcing, you'll be entertained by their reaction when they "romance" with each other.
    edited August 2019
    Pre-made celebrities Venessa Jeong has five traits instead four.
    Thorne Bailey has Musical Genius aspiration, but his bonus trait is dastardly instead of muser. Based on his bad reputation and the suggested story from the family bio, I think he is designed to be a troublemaker. His party attire is a hidden suit that can't be found in CAS until the Sim reaches level 10 of the acting skill. And that outfit will give sim a special confident moodlet.
    Baby Ariel has World-Famous Celebrity aspiration, but her bonus trait is muser rather than gregarious.
    Izzy Fabulous is a man who has female voice.

Something I discovered with those pre-made sims in Get Famous.

Specking of outfit, I read somewhere players discussing some outfit have unique moodlets. I only discovered the Thorne's party outfit had moodlet. I hope someone can back me up with this outfit-moodlet thing.
    Post edited by OphiuchuserRules on
    edited August 2019
    In Get Together, you can play matchmaker with the "hook up with" in friendly social interaction. This action can only work when the sim you're talking had already met the targeted sim that you try to hook up with, or the targeted sim is at present. There are three ways to play matchmaker in different situations. I'll explain this with the pre-made sims to make it easier to understand:

1. The first and the easiest one is that the two sims had already known each other, usually when they're roommates. I'll take Zoe Patel and J Huntington III for example. If you meet J at somewhere where Zoe isn't present, try talk to him, leading the conversation into the pleasant one, then you click the hook up with someone, a window will pop up, showing all the sims that J had already met, then click the Zoe. You'll get the notification from J, saying something like: "Zoe sounds like a catch, I'll introduce myself to her when we meet." Then your job is done. After a while, you'll get a text from J, saying " Thanks for the setting up, Zoe and I are going out." This means you make it! They're together! Their relationship will be boyfriend/girlfriend, and the romance bar will be "lovebird" status.

2. Things will be a bit tricky if two sims you want to match don't know each other. First of all, you have to know both two sims, so that you can make them know each other. Let's take Gavin Richards & Dina Caliente for example. The beginning is the same, try to talk with Gavin until the pleasant conversation. But this time, instead of clicking the hook up with, click the talk up another sim, a window will pop up, showing all the sims you've already known and click Dina, then you'll get a notification from Gavin, saying something like: "Wow! I'd like to know her." Later, you'll get the text from Gavin, saying "I talked to Dina and found her pleasuring", or "Dina is great." The text from this action will be different, but I'm not sure if the message will imply how the sim actually think of the talked-up sim. Anyway, once the message show up, it means Gavin had already met Dina, so you can use the hook up option to let them get together.

3. The last and the most difficult one: when two sims you want to match are both at present. What make this match-up method become the most difficult one is because in this way, it won't always work! There are two small difference in this situation, I'll take the Zoe & J for example, if you ask J to hook up with Zoe when she is at present, he'll stop the conversation with you, walking directly toward Zoe, asking her to be his girlfriend by giving her a rose. Then you can tell if it works or not by their actions. And you'll also get the notification from J saying if it works or not.
    Another one is that unlike the second way which requests the targeted sims know each other. As long as your sim knows both of them, and they're also both present, you can hook them up! If you'd known Dina, and she and Gavin are both at present, you can just ask Gavin to hook up with Dina. Gavin will do the same thing as J did.(stop talking to you, walking toward Dina, offering her a rose, asking her to be his girlfriend, then see how it turns out.)
    I'm still not quite sure what causes this at-present match-up to succeed or fail. Based on my observation, it seems like you have to make two target sims to be in a happy, good status. And the most ideal situation is when both targeted sims known each other so well, or when they both are in a flirty mood. I'll always try to talk to one target, leading the conversation to the pleasant one to make the target happy. Then I'll do the same to another target, once reach the pleasant talking, I'll ask the latter target to hook up with the former target, which seems to work more often. Or I'll use cheat to fill targeted sims' needs to make them happy.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or what, I'll always receive the test from the sim that I asked to hook up with someone, saying "Why don't you tell me he/she is in a relationship?" Funny thing is that I'm 100% sure that he or she isn't! Then they'll still send another test saying they're going out. Sometimes they'll send this after telling me they're going out. LOL! But it doesn't matter, I checked it out, as long as you get the "thanks for setting up" text, that means they're together. (I highly doubt it's a bug...)
    Post edited by OphiuchuserRules on
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Wow @OphiuchuserRules I had no idea about any of this, I actually though it meant for your sim to hook up so have never done anything with it, this is great, I'll be giving it a try for sure! Thanks for all the info.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I learned that in Brindleton Bay, on Deadgrass Island, ghost pets show up :o
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    I learned that in Brindleton Bay, on Deadgrass Island, ghost pets show up :o

Oh, it was so scary when I discovered that :s

I was exploring the island when the day got late and dark, then I found a pet graveyard and used my simself to read the epitaphs. I had the speakers of my laptop put on high, so when I heard a cat meow I just jumped out of my chair. It was a red ghost cat, and then there was another, and another, I was surrounded by dead cats!
    edited August 2019
    @Dglbr1969 Don't feel bad about not knowing this, I saw a few players discussing this on this thread in the earlier posts, but it was shame that they didn't take this seriously like I did. To be frank, I sort of discovered this by accident, I love to explore what this game had provided by clicking anything, from computer all the way to a garbage can in park in the hope that I'll discover something new. When I first saw the hook-up-with option, I laughed with confusion because I thought it was what it literally meant like casual s.x. I thought such thing won't exist in this game because of the age strict. Anyway, I tried to figure what it actually was by clicking it to see what would happen. Then what I've mentioned above were the results that I've tested so far.

But still, as far as I know, the sims you matched up won't propose, get married, have kids unless modded. That's a pity that this game offer you a chance to be a matchmaker, but the NPC sims still don't have the autonomy to go further with their partners.
    Learned that in Island Living, at least in Ohan 'Ali Town, Seagulls will sometimes land on the water, which actually causes ripples. Then, when they take off, there are more ripples and the seagulls are actually dripping water! Great detail if you ask me.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• FitcheurFitcheur Posts: 27 Member
    Sims with the trait Bookworm have the option to Analyse a book. It does literally the same thing as Reading it except the animation is slightly different
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    I love coming and checking this thread, so many people have great things to add, but pleeeeease stop quoting all those billboards, posted once is great, but there is no need to keep requoting them over and over again, it's ridiculous
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    I love coming and checking this thread, so many people have great things to add, but pleeeeease stop quoting all those billboards, posted once is great, but there is no need to keep requoting them over and over again, it's ridiculous

Agreed. You should at least put a spoiler so the computer doesn't have to load all of those pictures.
    I kinda got lost about the main topics that people had shared here, the OP started this thread by stating "sims will scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.", "Unemployed sims labeled themselves "stay-at-home mom" if they have a kid and you ask about their career." So I think this thread should be focused on some sims' features such as interactions, actions, reactions...anything related to a sim "simself", or something this game itself had that you had discovered and wanted to share here. I wanted to know more about this game so badly that I, yes, admitted that I spent a whole weekend going through all the posts in this thread. Much to my disappointment, there were lots of players kept posting pics of the environment or scenery, which was a bit strange to me, personally. Yup, I agreed those surrounding pics like cows on hills or plane on the sky were interesting, some of those pics were beautiful like heaven-made. I was amused by how EA could manger to create such detailed background around the world. But I don't think those things are counted as "things you didn't know", it should be "things you didn't see or notice", instead.

Anyway, this time, I want to share two strange NPC roles that some players might have met but didn't know what they were doing. Both of them only show up at night. In the City Living, there is an unique NPC called weirdo, they'll show up in the public places, dressing in a raccoon/luchador costume. Just like what they're called, they'll do weird things such as sneaking around the toilets, throwing away food and drinks, digging the trash cans.

Another one is called homeless, they'll show up in the park and the city, sleeping on benches. They'll dress in a dirty outfit, and they all have the same trait: erratic. The game will pick any sim, including your remotely played ones. that have this trait to play the homeless role.
    A teen and older can read a book to a child if you click a child book specifically while controlling the older sim. It's pretty cute!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    You cannot give the following traits to children, meaning that, unless you use cheats or the trait switching potion, you can never have a sim born in-game with any combination of these when they grow up:

Romantic / Unflirty, Foodie, Ambitious, Childish, Clumsy, Dance Machine, Materialistic, Snob, Bro, Family-Oriented, Hates Children, Jealous, Noncommittal, Paranoid, Self-Absorbed.

That's an awful lot if you ask me! In some cases I get it, like Romantic, Unflirty and Jealous would be a waste of trait space because they're related to game features not available to children. But a snobby or self-absorbed kid is totally imaginable, and Ambitious could work the same way for school as it does for adult jobs. Now if you're thinking, fine, I'll just start with a teenager, think again: Three of the these traits (Ambitious, Family-Oriented, Noncommittal) are not available to them either for some reason.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited August 2019
    You cannot give the following traits to children, meaning that, unless you use cheats or the trait switching potion, you can never have a sim born in-game with any combination of these when they grow up:

Romantic / Unflirty, Foodie, Ambitious, Childish, Clumsy, Dance Machine, Materialistic, Snob, Bro, Family-Oriented, Hates Children, Jealous, Noncommittal, Paranoid, Self-Absorbed.

That's an awful lot if you ask me! In some cases I get it, like Romantic, Unflirty and Jealous would be a waste of trait space because they're related to game features not available to children. But a snobby or self-absorbed kid is totally imaginable, and Ambitious could work the same way for school as it does for adult jobs. Now if you're thinking, fine, I'll just start with a teenager, think again: Three of the these traits (Ambitious, Family-Oriented, Noncommittal) are not available to them either for some reason.

You can still have sims born in game with these traits when they are adults though because every time they age up they change traits. like kids only have an option of four traits, motor, mental, social, and creative. Once they become a teen you pick new traits for them that replace the childhood one.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I'm talking about personality traits, @SimAlexandria, not aspirations.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top