Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Re: All the negativity surrounding the Moschino Stuff Pack

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

The point is, not every player is going to love every pack, at least not in its entirety. But the team does work to try and have something in every pack to appeal to the vast majority of players. It seems it should be possible to express that all or part of a pack isn't your cup of tea without viciously attacking developers and other simmers who are excited for the new content. The forums especially are starting to get a bad rap as being toxic and negative, and I just really believe that on the whole, we can do better than that.
    I agree and not everyone is going to like every pack but that is no reason be mean about it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    People who attack other people for liking/disliking something are so childish. 🙄
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    people are really upset about a stuff pack? what for? personally, i'm not interested in it, but that doesn't mean i'm going to complain. some people are just so immature
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Just ignore it. 🤷‍♀️

How does that make anything better? People are calling other people names, it's just not okay. Why can't people express their displeasure or disappointment without ad hominem attacks on someone's intelligence. Why is necessary to call names? I just don't get it. Deliberately inflicting pain on someone else doesn't get your point across more effectively, and ignoring that behavior doesn't improve it. Why can't people disagree respectfully?

there will always be people who mistake insults and raised voices (or in text SCREAMING) for arguments, the majoritiy of those people (if not all of them) can not be reasoned with imho, that is why it is best to ignore them and don't waste your energy better used elsewhere aka "don't feed the troll".
    If you want to "fight" such behavior, give your attention and support to those who are respectful and stay that way yourself.

I for one can not take anybody seriously who has to resort to insults in any discussion, even less when the topic is such an unimportant one (it still is just a videogame nothing more).
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Negative this negative that. There more to think about than care what others say. Please don't feed the bears I meant trolls. You shouldn't go wasting your time worrying about what others think. Be a leader not a follower. To add on to @RavenSpit post.
  • OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    Maybe that player has mean trait that he/she hasn't realized...EA should have sent dollhouse for him/her to crush so that he/she might feel better.

Speaking of negativity, I just recently encountered some unpleasant experience in this forums, which got me confused like "Since when did this forums have such unfriendly people?" Then I run into this thread, surprised to see OP just pointed out the negativity here. I wasn't sure about this but it seems to be a global things, especially for kids or teens nowadays tend to misbehave in a ridiculous way, or try to pick up fight on the Internet. They're still on vacation, seeking for fun by trolling, doing mean things to make them happy. So I guess, maybe, possibly, those mean players are just kids.
  • EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    I’d understand if the issue taken with the SP was that EA is piggybacking Photography into this pack instead of expanding on it from GTW. The career should have been in the expansion. It just comes off as cheap and nasty on EA’s part. It’d be like them say for example, stripping gardener from Seasons and adding it to a Farming SP/GP and calling it new and improving on it.

I just wish EAxis would just stop with the brand SP’s. It’s just tacky product placement.
  • PixellamaPixellama Posts: 31 Member
    i think people dont realize how hard it can be to find the PERFECT balance between money (how much they put into the dlc), time (how much time they have to do it) and the quality/amount of content in the dlc
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Just ignore it. 🤷‍♀️

This is so hard for some people to do and I have no clue why. It’s so easy.

@Chazzzy me either. I don't listen to other folks comments about packs much; I prefer to make my own mind up. Do I own all packs? Yes. Do I like everything in them? No. Like Mochino, I probably won't do much with the clothes but will definitely use career & build/buy. So read/watch reviews & such but don't let others opinions be the final deciding factor, do what is right/comfortable for you & your play style.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    The point is, not every player is going to love every pack, at least not in its entirety. But the team does work to try and have something in every pack to appeal to the vast majority of players. It seems it should be possible to express that all or part of a pack isn't your cup of tea without viciously attacking developers and other simmers who are excited for the new content. The forums especially are starting to get a bad rap as being toxic and negative, and I just really believe that on the whole, we can do better than that.

I hope your intention was not to cause trouble by making this thread for that purpose? because the way you have written it suggests you are attempting to lob grenades on this forum and it isn't needed. We all know everyone is going to be different, it doesn't need to be spelled out every time someone has a different point of view.

Cause trouble? By asking people to state their opinions without falling each other or the dev team names? I'm not trying to cause trouble. But I must say I'm not really sure what your intentions are coming on here and hurling nasty accusations at me.
    JoBass24us wrote: »
    My issue isn't with people disliking the pack. My issue is with it descending into personal attacks and name calling. It's just not cool, and I don't see how ignoring something helps.

Because you can’t control other people’s behaviors. If it affects you, it’s toxic to you then the only viable option is to ignore it. This is especially easy to do on an online forum with people who have absolutely zero bearing on your personal life.

They say something against the rules? “Report” then place them on your ignore list. Problem solved. It’s what I do and it works wonders.

If you're that triggered by what I said perhaps you recognize yourself in it.
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Maybe you need to follow / subscribe to new Simmers. I use twitter and watch YouTube/Twitch and it's 98% positive for me. I have options available that let me follow/subscribe. Actually everyone has the same user options. I can always not follow or unsubscribe if I do not enjoy the content. I just unsubscribed to one on YouTube creator because we just were not meshing anymore. My time that I spend online is limited. I want to be entertained and informed. I make choices that lead me to my goal.

If you read what I said, I was talking about here, on the forums. I don't see nastiness and negativity on the other platforms the way I do here, so perhaps given the ability to chose I do manage to follow the "right people" after all. :)
  • OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't see nastiness and negativity on the other platforms the way I do here

Unfortunately, I've just faced the negativity here recently. In short, a person misunderstood my words, accusing me of something that I didn't do, making me be the bad person then told me go somewhere else. I was so shocked about his/her negative words, and it affected me so much that I did consider leaving this forums because of the unfriendly vibe. And what made it worse was that his/her words got a few "like" and "awesome"! I feel so terrible that I don't want to contribute to that thread anymore.

BTW, I'm worrying about OP might get into trouble if that twitter person found out this thread. Aren't you afraid he/she might resort to law or something like that? In my experience, people like that tend to cause trouble, or even ask for it as long as there is a chance. Be careful! You're a nice person by pointing out that people should have done it better. I don't want to see you in any trouble...
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It's not just forums. It is the internet. Even a lot of fan sites are negative now. Honestly I expected nothing less than MFS type of feedback from this pack. For me, I'm not impressed nor disappointed in the pack. It is just a marketing pack to promote a partnered brand name. IKEA and H&M packs are still my favorite brand name packs because they have content that Simmers can use and wear in real life. This new pack is not relatable to a majority of the Sims community, so I don't think it will sell well. I think people should stop worrying about what other people think of packs and ask themselves will this pack be something the everyday Simmer can simulate in their lives and will it sell well? Based on those two questions will determine how successful a pack is or not. Honestly I couldn't care less if a SP doesn't sell well, they are the cheapest product of the Sims 4 and often forgotten within a month. It is the EPs and GPs I find hold a longer retention for Simmers as a whole and I think often are more profitable. When I see giveaways that Simmers enter, it is often SPs ones they enter since those are the ones that Simmers don't want to spend money on the most. Anyway just my business opinion on the situation. I don't think demand is high enough to keep producing SPs personally for the Sims 4, but at least for giveaways, they are a nice charity gift which is the only reason why I think they still exist.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    ChelleJo wrote: »

I firmly believe, had people not been so in a tissy about toddlers, we might not have got them at all. We kept the team on their toes and we let them know that we wanted our toddlers and we weren't gonna drop it. A lot of that turned into too much hate, but I feel the constructive part is what got us our toddlers. So, yes, players... keep the constructive criticism coming. It makes our game better. But keep it respectful, keep it polite and just know, while you might hate one pack, someone else is excited for it.
    Also true. Graham even encouraged constructive criticism. Best way to get features into the game is two things: don't put Simmers down and don't put Gurus down.

I was one of the vocal people regarding toddlers. I had a death scare with health problems, so I figured might as well ask for toddlers while I still was alive. Thankfully the surgery was successful and I'm still here today. But yeah at the time I figured even if I couldn't enjoy them, knowing that future Simmers could was enough for me. I ended up getting my favorite toddlers ever in the Sims franchise and got to make many good friends and share ideas along the way.

I think people are just scared to talk to new people especially online. Had I not met a Maxoid in 2010 that has sadly recently passed away, I would never have gotten the guts to join forums or join the Sims community in 2015. He helped give me a voice and I was thrilled he had worked on my favorite Sims version, the Sims 2 since I've been a Simmer since 2002. I really don't trust the whole hater/fan rival going on. I think each Simmer has to prove their own merit on whether they want to be apart of the Sims community or not or be vocal about getting the features they want. All the fights are nonsense and bad enough to have to read and hear about drama on the news. No point having it seep into the Sims community too. Best way to combat hate and bigots online I've learned is displaying the golden rule and try to put yourself in each others shoes and think about the franchise and the game first. We have to ensure the Sims has a bright future because I know for many Simmers it is a way to escape from the violence going around the world. If anything what happened with EA Sports community I hope never happens with the Sims community. We have to prove we are different and try not to repeat history.

If people accepted the differences of others we would have a more peaceful world and thank you so much for acknowledging the efforts of getting a feature into the game. Sometimes it feels like I'm talking to a brick wall with the Sims community and that only new female outfits matter to the game. I know the Sims community is more diverse and smarter than that and have the capacity to share more ideas than they are sharing now. But I couldn't be prouder of the modding community since many of their content has made it into the game including darker loading screens recently.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    Scobre wrote: »
    It's not just forums. It is the internet. Even a lot of fan sites are negative now. Honestly I expected nothing less than MFS type of feedback from this pack. For me, I'm not impressed nor disappointed in the pack. It is just a marketing pack to promote a partnered brand name. IKEA and H&M packs are still my favorite brand name packs because they have content that Simmers can use and wear in real life. This new pack is not relatable to a majority of the Sims community, so I don't think it will sell well. I think people should stop worrying about what other people think of packs and ask themselves will this pack be something the everyday Simmer can simulate in their lives and will it sell well? Based on those two questions will determine how successful a pack is or not. Honestly I couldn't care less if a SP doesn't sell well, they are the cheapest product of the Sims 4 and often forgotten within a month. It is the EPs and GPs I find hold a longer retention for Simmers as a whole and I think often are more profitable. When I see giveaways that Simmers enter, it is often SPs ones they enter since those are the ones that Simmers don't want to spend money on the most. Anyway just my business opinion on the situation. I don't think demand is high enough to keep producing SPs personally for the Sims 4, but at least for giveaways, they are a nice charity gift which is the only reason why I think they still exist.

I agree with this. It's fine to be critical, people should be, but it's beyond me how bent out of shape people can get over a SP or a redesign. Sometimes I feel like being negative is becoming more popular - in every branch of society. By which I don't mean to say it's wrong for people to voice their discontent over this SP if they feel that it is important to share what they think, but it would be nice if it could happen without criticizing others - and tbf so far I haven't seen all that much actual attacking of happy or unhappy players so it's still within normal range. I guess I just feel that their energy would probably be better spent elsewhere, sharing feedback about new features, or asking for more critical fixes, because one way or another, these branded packs will keep on being a thing. And this one is honestly miles better than the Katy Perry one 😅 .. also I don't think most of us would mind an IKEA one sooo .. perspectives 😀
    filipomel wrote: »
    Humans will be humans, we get defensive over everything 🤷‍♀️
    It actually isn't a human trait. Humanity has quite a different definition: " compassionate, sympathetic, or generous behavior or disposition : the quality or state of being humane"
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/humanity

I was actually talking about this with a friend that works in the gaming industry which I call the Sims complex ironically. Like how people are trying to control others like they do their Sims which is basically the god complex: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_complex. People can't be controlled, they have free will and many struggle with that concept that free will only applies to them and not to others, that their rights only matter and no one else matters. It is like humanity is going away from society and people are expected to be perfect little robots instead of being human.
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I agree with this. It's fine to be critical, people should be, but it's beyond me how bent out of shape people can get over a SP or a redesign. Sometimes I feel like being negative is becoming more popular - in every branch of society. By which I don't mean to say it's wrong for people to voice their discontent over this SP if they feel that it is important to share what they think, but it would be nice if it could happen without criticizing others - and tbf so far I haven't seen all that much actual attacking of happy or unhappy players so it's still within normal range. I guess I just feel that their energy would probably be better spent elsewhere, sharing feedback about new features, or asking for more critical fixes, because one way or another, these branded packs will keep on being a thing. And this one is honestly miles better than the Katy Perry one 😅 .. also I don't think most of us would mind an IKEA one sooo .. perspectives 😀
    Yeah it is. The redesign actually helps me with my migraines. I think it is becoming more popular, but given the news, I can't help feel empathy of why people feel that way. Then again I love working in health care, so I always love hearing other people's backstories and why they love the Sims and other games. Oh I've been attacked for liking, not liking, feel neutral about the game, so I've experienced all the wide range of spectrum with it. It happens with all sides since I started playing the Sims 4. Reminds me of Romeo and Juliet. Yeah brand packs aren't anything new and yep effort on all parties I think would be better spent on actually talking about the game and improving it. Also I'm one of the odd people that enjoy having bugs in the Sims and reporting them. It is like solving a mystery for me. I was really hoping for a Target pack and found out Brittany Spears shopped at one 80 times so far this year. Target pack would be cool for elders because they could play shuffleboard and archery and could have cute Target themed outfits and accessories and shoes. Yes Katy Perry pack will be a running joke for years. I also have yet to see the streams of the pack, but saw the trailer and felt just as neutral as before about it.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Yeah it is. The redesign actually helps me with my migraines. I think it is becoming more popular, but given the news, I can't help feel empathy of why people feel that way. Then again I love working in health care, so I always love hearing other people's backstories and why they love the Sims and other games. Oh I've been attacked for liking, not liking, feel neutral about the game, so I've experienced all the wide range of spectrum with it. It happens with all sides since I started playing the Sims 4. Reminds me of Romeo and Juliet. Yeah brand packs aren't anything new and yep effort on all parties I think would be better spent on actually talking about the game and improving it. Also I'm one of the odd people that enjoy having bugs in the Sims and reporting them. It is like solving a mystery for me. I was really hoping for a Target pack and found out Brittany Spears shopped at one 80 times so far this year. Target pack would be cool for elders because they could play shuffleboard and archery and could have cute Target themed outfits and accessories and shoes. Yes Katy Perry pack will be a running joke for years. I also have yet to see the streams of the pack, but saw the trailer and felt just as neutral as before about it.

The trailer is honestly really bad (you mean this SP right?). Based on the trailer alone I wouldn't have bought this pack, but the stream made it look super fun and in the three odd hours I spent building my apartment and then having to go to sleep I was pretty pleased. But no gameplay so far - then again it's a SP, if it makes me spend this much time in build mode I'm already quite happy, the furniture is beautiful.

I know what you mean though about being attacked left and right. I do still share my opinions on the forum but less and I leave discussions much more quickly than I used to. I think that in the end, negativity is an internet phenomenon and the best way to deal with it is to leave when things start getting on your nerves. That is the beauty of internet negativity. If it really starts plumming you off you can disconnect and do something you actually do enjoy.

Live and let live, will probably remain the best mantra surrounding TS4. I hope the next game will be less polarizing, that EA learned from this ordeal and remembers to please a larger variety of people. And to keep the thing offline as much as possible (now let's hope future me doesn't remember this comment when they release the creepy fully online and fully VR version of TS5 😅)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Echova wrote: »
    I’d understand if the issue taken with the SP was that EA is piggybacking Photography into this pack instead of expanding on it from GTW. The career should have been in the expansion. It just comes off as cheap and nasty on EA’s part. It’d be like them say for example, stripping gardener from Seasons and adding it to a Farming SP/GP and calling it new and improving on it.

I just wish EAxis would just stop with the brand SP’s. It’s just tacky product placement.

Eh... they worked on the photography-career very very recently. The GtW expansion came out a couple of years ago. Do you suggest that they should travel back in time and ...hmm...pre-release it before it was actually made?

I do wonder how the developers who worked on the new career that did not exist earlier when it cannot be released in any future pack are going to report to their boss on what they worked with.

Everything that was released with GtW is still there. If anyone wants the new stuff they will get the Stuff Pack. Also, if you only get the Stuff Pack but not the expansion then you will not get the photo studio with it's background.

I think it is quite silly not to expect them to get payed when they work on getting new content into the game. Otherwise how will we get anything new to play with. If a developer has to go get in the car, go into the office and make something new for the game. Why should not the result of that work be something that they can sell to the game.

What is the alternative. "Well, we do have some cool ideas for photography but since we released a pack with that skill for say 4 years ago and we cannot make anything new and get payed I guess we won't do it. Does anyone want to do it on their own dime... say like a after-school-activity".

I only know a few people who works with games, most programmers I know from Technical Uni works as developers for different companies making other products. But all of them like to get payed when they go to work. This is how we finance our game.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Personally, I only pay what I believe a product is worth. Many stuff packs are only worth $2.50, many game packs are only worth between $12 to $15, and many expansion packs are only worth about $20. That is what I paid for them. The current stuff pack, is not even worth $1 to me, so I don't see myself ever purchasing that content.

To some that may be harsh or unrealistic. I know I have high standards on what game content is worth. It appears that my tactic is working, as I only buy packs at a reduced price. I even purchased the base game for $40. I know it has been lower that and free at certain points. I realize to some players, the content is worth full price, but lately I have not been impressed to feel the same.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I just dislike English text in my game, even if it's a logo. I was lucky enough to find DF replacements in simlish for the clothes that we got for free.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Personally, I only pay what I believe a product is worth. Many stuff packs are only worth $2.50, many game packs are only worth between $12 to $15, and many expansion packs are only worth about $20. That is what I paid for them. The current stuff pack, is not even worth $1 to me, so I don't see myself ever purchasing that content.

To some that may be harsh or unrealistic. I know I have high standards on what game content is worth. It appears that my tactic is working, as I only buy packs at a reduced price. I even purchased the base game for $40. I know it has been lower that and free at certain points. I realize to some players, the content is worth full price, but lately I have not been impressed to feel the same.

I got the base game for cheaper (Around $25Canadian) a few years back, and many packs on sale, but the more I play the more I absolutely love this game and the more recent packs have been worth full price to me. I don't think I'll be getting the next one though as I'm not interested in Magic play. That one will prob be like vampires, I don't want it even if it were free, so I don't think what you say is at all harsh. Different things are for different people and this one isn't worth it to you like magic theme isn't to me.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited August 2019
    As I said in another thread, I have no clue what a moschino is and my initial thought it had to do with coffee was revealed to be false. So, I don't have an opinion on it because I don't know what the heck it relates to.

It still sounds food-related to me.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    alyssa123 wrote: »
    people are really upset about a stuff pack? what for? personally, i'm not interested in it, but that doesn't mean i'm going to complain. some people are just so immature
    How long have you been on the internet? :confused:
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif