Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you buying the Moschino Stuff Pack

Comments

• Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Yes
    Right now I would buy it out of pure spite if for no other reason.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    No
    I find most of the clothing hideous and would not even install it if someone paid me to. The build/buy items don’t impress me and the career is just another vapid addition.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Yes
    New poses
    Surface photo frames & multi photo frames
    Those loft style windows 😍
    The furniture
    Shooting our own magazine covers and being able to decorate with them
    The new career in general
    Some of the new CAS stuff
    Being able to take genuine family photos!

I can't wait for it!

I answered yes because I simply adore content in any series of the game-)

I love those windows and have just found we are getting the standing photo frame that was teased in strangerville that we never got-)

I have not played the photographer career yet in 4 I think it may be get to work career? (not sure) however there seems to be a lot of complaints that it is buggy and worries for the same with this career coming with this pack (not sure if it's going to be freelance career?)

could someone provide me with a brief explanation of the photography career that 4 already has and the difference to what we will be getting in this pack please? As i am little confused on this..

I did notice on some of the pics for this pack children were being modelled in a studio so is this a new thing with this pack career or can we already do this with other packs we already have in the game?
  • Options
    sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    Yes
    I love the studio windows, Mary Janes and other items! I am buying it for the CAS and Build/Buy items alone!
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    New poses
    Surface photo frames & multi photo frames
    Those loft style windows 😍
    The furniture
    Shooting our own magazine covers and being able to decorate with them
    The new career in general
    Some of the new CAS stuff
    Being able to take genuine family photos!

I can't wait for it!

I answered yes because I simply adore content in any series of the game-)

I love those windows and have just found we are getting the standing photo frame that was teased in strangerville that we never got-)

I have not played the photographer career yet in 4 I think it may be get to work career? (not sure) however there seems to be a lot of complaints that it is buggy and worries for the same with this career coming with this pack (not sure if it's going to be freelance career?)

could someone provide me with a brief explanation of the photography career that 4 already has and the difference to what we will be getting in this pack please? As i am little confused on this..

I did notice on some of the pics for this pack children were being modelled in a studio so is this a new thing with this pack career or can we already do this with other packs we already have in the game?

There is no career as a photographer in GTW, but you already could use the photography skill and make a studio (owning a business) using GTW assets.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes
    I changed my mind because I requested for this theme and this career.
    Maxis listened to me so I will be grateful for that at least.

Launch day purchase.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes
    Don't forget that wallpaper. I can see lots of uses for it in my builds. I hope we get some colour variations of it. I don't pre-order these days though. I pay when available. I'm keeping my money to the last moment these days. :D
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i'm getting it. i have really boring meeting that was just scheduled on release day.
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    No
    I'm a little confused by the career tbh, its a freelance career of a career that already exists in get to work - which is part time. So I'm not really clear how the two differ. Outside of that I have no interest in this packs clothes (so ugly). If the career adds a new form of gameplay then maybe but again if its not doing anything different outside of how it labels photographer career then I don't see how its different.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Maybe/Undecided
    I haven't looked at it yet. Stuff packs aren't a big priority as far as my Sims interests go.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yes
    Unless I really detest a pack I will always buy them. Playing this game is my main hobby so I see no reason not to get extras for it and, although I do not like the brand, at least there are nice b/b stuff in it and the new career.

Hopefully the brand name will not be plastered over every item of clothing.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes
    @NorthDakotaGamer

Thanks for the info I wasn't sure if it had been a set career but from your reply there was obviously a workaround for players who wanted to play in specific ways. Just speaking about using the photographic skill prior to this new pack coming out can children be photographed in a studio type situation or has that been age rated until now as looking at the new pack it appears kids are modelling in a studio but I am not sure if this is going to be an animation we will be able to use?

I am kind of thinking about kids modelling clothes and then selling the clothes concept but am not sure that could be achieved as yet-)
  • Options
    petewentospetewentos Posts: 90 Member
    Yes
    Only if it's on sale :smirk: but it does have quite a few stuff that I'm pretty interested in...
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d44708035316c432e5b02f0&rid=giphy.gif
    i just got so emo, i fell apart.
    origin id: petewentos
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I buy every pack, and also I really liked the objects that come with it, especially the loft windows/doors and the stack of magazines.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    No
    For the most part, no, unless it's in a specific deal bundle or heavily reduced.

I'd be more interested if I could pick and choose what I wanted from the pack. Cause some of the items look nice (the hairs, most of the bb stuff, certain clothing items), but some of it is also super ugly.

I will say that the Sims team did a good job overall incorporating some of the best items from the Moschino brand (which honestly has some ugly stuff), but overall it's still not my thing and the whole "photographer career" just feels like something that should'e been apart of GTW or patched in.
  • Options
    teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    Yes
    I'm actually pretty excited about it. It wasn't what I pictured at all, and I think that's a good thing!
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Maybe/Undecided
    Undecided. I'm not too interested in the clothing but when I see the full list of everything included, if there's an item or two I really like I'd probably get it on a discount later.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    Maybe/Undecided
    I think I might, but not if you can only buy it through EA or Origin.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Yes
    I'm getting it mainly because of the career (I love careers, I need all of the careers!), and also the hair, furniture and other build items look great. The clothing is really not factoring into my decision, there looks to be some ok pieces that I will probably use.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    I will NOT - read my lips - NOT be buying anything as long as the bug with the restaurants haven't been fixed.

That's getting addressed with the patch coming out tomorrow, the 8th.

I aim to get it, but not right away. For one thing my own spending has been crazy this summer and I need to take a break. But when I do I think I will be enjoying what it offers.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yes

:D Made me laugh.
    I'm looking forward to it. I have all kinds of characters and they don't all dress like I do sooo... I can make use of all the clothes. I like the hairstyles even the one that reminds me of Velma or Edna Mode. Looking forward to new frames, poses and hopefully animations.
    I like the look of the studio and will be nice to have new frame options. Love that you can put sims on magazine covers... and of course the new career.
    I don't use cc so keep it all coming...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Maybe/Undecided
    I was pretty against it at first, but the amount of content surprised me in the trailers. We get clothing (which isn't entirely ugly like I was expecting), shoes, hair, furniture, windows, deco items, the photobooth (which, while taken from GTW, at least uses a different mesh) and an active career which may come with some extra gameplay. While, arguably, they could have slotted some of this into Get Famous, it's a fairly good deal for a stuff pack, and a similar deal to S3, where you got eg. laundry with ambitions, but could also buy it from the store. Still, reserving judgement until the livestream/reviews though.

If I do get it, it will definitely be in an origin bundle (with whatever ep we're getting at the end of the year), but as my only other options are LP or MFP, it's not exactly a hard competition.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Maybe/Undecided
    I'm currently on the fence, though I believe I'll most certainly end up buying it once I've seen all the CAS and BB items. When the trailer dropped, I wasn't very impressed, but after some Simmers' videos on YouTube, Tweets from SimGurus and some pictures, I've seen quite a lot of items that are very wearable and would look amazing on some of my richer Sims.

Honestly, I can see why this pack may not be for everyone, but I hated the Katy Perry Sweet Treats more back in The Sims 3 days. Do you remember the candy worlds? Bleh, that was a nightmare for sure. I know the comparison may not be fully accurate, but let's roll with it for a moment. It was the IKEA Stuff back in The Sims 2 and H&M Stuff back in The Sims 3. I didn't like these two at first, but they gradually grew on me and I suspect the same thing will happen with the Moschino SP.

I cannot wait for Magic, though. It seems like an eternity away.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Yes
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

:D Made me laugh.
    I'm looking forward to it. I have all kinds of characters and they don't all dress like I do sooo... I can make use of all the clothes. I like the hairstyles even the one that reminds me of Velma or Edna Mode. Looking forward to new frames, poses and hopefully animations.
    I like the look of the studio and will be nice to have new frame options. Love that you can put sims on magazine covers... and of course the new career.
    I don't use cc so keep it all coming...

This. In addition to not dressing like me I have sims that don't dress like my played sims. I can see some of these outfits on my actors and actresses and more flamboyant sims. Or maybe a Moschino shop! Or maybe a dance club with matching outfits!
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Yes
    The trailer surprised me positively and showed several items I'd love to have in my game. :smile: I'll probably wait until Realm of Magic gets released, though, and bundle it up along with Island Living. Right now I need to save my money for other things, unfortunately.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif