Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Re: All the negativity surrounding the Moschino Stuff Pack

Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

The point is, not every player is going to love every pack, at least not in its entirety. But the team does work to try and have something in every pack to appeal to the vast majority of players. It seems it should be possible to express that all or part of a pack isn't your cup of tea without viciously attacking developers and other simmers who are excited for the new content. The forums especially are starting to get a bad rap as being toxic and negative, and I just really believe that on the whole, we can do better than that.
Post edited by Pamtastic72 on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Just ignore it. 🤷‍♀️
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited August 2019
    Just ignore it. 🤷‍♀️

How does that make anything better? People are calling other people names, it's just not okay. Why can't people express their displeasure or disappointment without ad hominem attacks on someone's intelligence. Why is necessary to call names? I just don't get it. Deliberately inflicting pain on someone else doesn't get your point across more effectively, and ignoring that behavior doesn't improve it. Why can't people disagree respectfully?
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited August 2019
    It's slightly hard to ignore when every other comment on every thread or YouTube video is "I hate everything about the sims4" yet these are the same people whingeing about waiting for packs they want to buy (which they will then complain about when they actually get).

Why I never go into the comment section in youtube as it's always unfortunately terrible on just about any simple videos (not just talking about the sims.) Just scroll right past comments without giving it another thought or just hit the ignore button on that person (usually the same people anyway).

Thus @simgirl1010 is right. Just ignore it like others can ignore our own comments. Everyone will end up being a lot less stressed out if they have to worry about every comments being praise or downright hate. Nothing wrong with being disappointed it's not the pack you wanted (though we knew this one was coming anyway) or giving some heavy critique, but going into every thread to express how much you hate it and comment on every comment saying how they're wrong and 'no it's ugly and not 'insert pack name here' I wonder if people are just bored? (But this is the internet). :p

The world keeps on spinning and at the end of the day this is still just a game we play for fun. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Hear, hear.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Just ignore it. 🤷‍♀️

This is so hard for some people to do and I have no clue why. It’s so easy.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I don't understand the criticism of this pack... lol Especially the part where people are complaining about it containing stuff that would generally only be featured in a game or expansion pack... I mean, isn't it a good thing that we're getting MORE than what we usually do for just $10?

Personally, I'm actually excited for this pack... the clothes don't look bad at all. I actually love some of the outfits that we're getting! Also, those WINDOWS are to die for! :heart: Even some of the objects we're getting don't look bad. We're even getting FOUR new gameplay objects!

Honestly, people who didn't see this kind of thing coming obviously haven't been paying much attention to previous iterations... we've been getting branded stuff packs since Sims 2 (H&M and IKEA). Sims 3 had Katy Perry Sweet Treats and Diesel. Are we really surprised that Sims 4 got a branded pack as well?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited August 2019
    It's slightly hard to ignore when every other comment on every thread or YouTube video is "I hate everything about the sims4" yet these are the same people whingeing about waiting for packs they want to buy (which they will then complain about when they actually get).

Hey, I actually own TS3's Katy Perry Sweet Treats stuff pack! It had the most ridiculous clothes and the color and patterns for the furniture were really loud and tacky. Still, I did find ways to use that stuff (just change the color to something more mute and the pattern to something less cheezey - and voila! - useful, normal items!). Lots of people don't like that notorious pack and I can see why, but I'm not ashamed to admit that I own it, lol! The best way to counter negative feedback about the packs and items you love is to show them the good things about it and how you use it. Plus not caring what everybody else thinks goes a long way!

The stuff in the Moschino teaser isn't all bad to me from what I can see. I actually like the bathing suits with the plumbob design and the cute motorcycle jacket. I actually have something like that in real life, except in blue.

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Best thing to do is to try to ignore it, because responses are what people that are hating on something are looking for.

As for the criticism for this pack, I think it mainly is because the pack is a way to criticize different things that people do not like, be it with the pack itself or the sims4 and the content they are making for it. And it is not difficult to hate things in this pack.

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Yeah I get being disappointed, but some of the negativity has started getting completely out of hand. I remember after Strangerville there was a thread that basically said that if you were okay with the pack then you were fine with the game turning into garbage.

The anger over Get Famous was wild too. Like yes the world is small, but that doesn’t make it a game pack. And not liking a theme doesn’t make something bad, not every pack is for every player. Some people here need other hobbies.

The whole “this isn’t university” thing is also extremely tired. Not every pack has to be family/realism focused. What’s going to be the next realism feature that’s way more important than whatever the latest pack is after University?

Farming. It's already started.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    My issue isn't with people disliking the pack. My issue is with it descending into personal attacks and name calling. It's just not cool, and I don't see how ignoring something helps.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    The point is, not every player is going to love every pack, at least not in its entirety. But the team does work to try and have something in every pack to appeal to the vast majority of players. It seems it should be possible to express that all or part of a pack isn't your cup of tea without viciously attacking developers and other simmers who are excited for the new content. The forums especially are starting to get a bad rap as being toxic and negative, and I just really believe that on the whole, we can do better than that.

I hope your intention was not to cause trouble by making this thread for that purpose? because the way you have written it suggests you are attempting to lob grenades on this forum and it isn't needed. We all know everyone is going to be different, it doesn't need to be spelled out every time someone has a different point of view.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2019
    I have no complaints apart from the bugs that never seem to get fixed. I buy all the packs and I probably use something from them all. :D
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I feel like I see more threads about negativity than actual negative comments. Maybe it's just me though.

Negativity can be helpful in a constructive manner to create a positive, but negativity for the sake of it almost always attracts more of the same and never goes anywhere. It can be difficult to tell them apart at times and in this case it is the latter as someone is questioning why others are always negative which could be seen in any number of negative ways from others and respond in kind.

Yesterday on that thread about posting updates on what your sims are doing today? i used negativity to find a positive effect as an example, because there was a great deal to learn and understand from others and view points, and in learning all about that i gained a better appreciation for other forum members in a good manner. Sometimes there is no other way but to ask a question in such a manner, even if it is uncomfortable asking.

It could happen to any of us at any time, it is about telling apart which is which.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Humans will be humans, we get defensive over everything 🤷‍♀️
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2019
    Negativity doesn’t bother me as long as it’s well-reasoned and on target. And the fact that TS4 is such a buggy mess means the frustration over that affects the community’s reception of everything EA puts out. The community is jaded.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    The only thing about it that made me upset about the Moshino SP is the fact that Photography was originally a GTW skill they patched into the base game, then decide to expand it in this SP when to me that should've been offered with GTW. The whole "expansion of an ex-expansion pack skill in a different expansion" gives me intense My First Pet Stuff vibes. Here's to hoping none of the items are swatches. :/

But on the topic of name-calling and etc, I agree with you--It's ridiculous. Criticism is okay, name-calling is not. It makes the fanbase look like a bunch of spoiled kids who whine 24/7. I completely ignore youtube comments since most of the time they're filled with useless badgering, so they don't bother me. Out of sight, out of mind 👀
  • NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    I actually like the Moschino stuff, and I'm rarely ever interested in a stuff pack. I think the photography career is cool, and the clothing and furniture is interesting.
    Actually, I recently made a fashion photographer sim, but I had to move him into a house with his two main models, because it was just easier to control what outfits the models were wearing and how they were positioned, when they were apart of the household and controllable. Hopefully buying this pack will alleviate that problem, so I don't have to have all my models living with me.
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Maybe you need to follow / subscribe to new Simmers. I use twitter and watch YouTube/Twitch and it's 98% positive for me. I have options available that let me follow/subscribe. Actually everyone has the same user options. I can always not follow or unsubscribe if I do not enjoy the content. I just unsubscribed to one on YouTube creator because we just were not meshing anymore. My time that I spend online is limited. I want to be entertained and informed. I make choices that lead me to my goal.
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    My issue isn't with people disliking the pack. My issue is with it descending into personal attacks and name calling. It's just not cool, and I don't see how ignoring something helps.

Because you can’t control other people’s behaviors. If it affects you, it’s toxic to you then the only viable option is to ignore it. This is especially easy to do on an online forum with people who have absolutely zero bearing on your personal life.

They say something against the rules? “Report” then place them on your ignore list. Problem solved. It’s what I do and it works wonders.

• CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Constructive criticism is healthy, debate can be healthy, name calling and general nastiness are not constructive. The negativity that springs up on chat boards/comment sections can be like a shark feeding frenzy. One negative comment is like the first cut that draws blood then the sharks circle and the feeding frenzy begins. That kind of thing draws in the Debbie Downers as well. All you can do is try your best to not get pulled in to the drama or contribute to it and walk away if it erupts around you.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    The problem is, too much of the world is entitled. Everyone feels like "they" should be catered to, so when a pack comes out they don't like, it's nothing but hate and negativity.

Personally, from what I seen, this SP is not up my alley. They clothes are not my style (except I did see one cute outfit), the hairs are cute, and I am excited about the career and to learn what the gameplay objects are. I remember when a stuff pack was just that... STUFF. Now we get gameplay objects, and now a career. And that is on top of Game Packs and Expansion Packs.

I do agree, OP. The team can't catch a break. I understand not everyone will be happy with every pack. I sure haven't always been. But I find one or two things I like about each pack and focus on that. And, yes, I know, constructive criticism helps. But I think people misunderstand what constructive is.

I firmly believe, had people not been so in a tissy about toddlers, we might not have got them at all. We kept the team on their toes and we let them know that we wanted our toddlers and we weren't gonna drop it. A lot of that turned into too much hate, but I feel the constructive part is what got us our toddlers. So, yes, players... keep the constructive criticism coming. It makes our game better. But keep it respectful, keep it polite and just know, while you might hate one pack, someone else is excited for it.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i think we should be grateful for new content even do i do not like the clothes much i tink its nice to have a new carrer and new outfit i will never have my sims wear, and from what i see the more feedback that we give as players the closer we get to having content thats askl like take for exemple toddlers then the laundry sp with washers and dryers. And now with deco cars brings us closer to have drivable cars in the near future and if it was not for feed back would the game have ghost or pools today toddlers laundry dishwashers ect.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(