Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moschino Stuff Pack [MEGA]

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Can’t wait to see the numbers.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    It often amazes me how alot of people seem to think that just because they don't like something everybody who likes it must be stupid or worse and what is even more amazing, how worked up some people get over such things.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited August 2019
    There are a few things that I agree with. You can't compare a stuff pack to an expansion. You can't even compare a game pack to an expansion though it would be closer as it is like a mini expansion. They never said when the next expansion would come out. The last few years we been getting two a year, so there is a possibility we might be getting another expansion towards the end of the year and there is a possibly that the next one could be University. Not my first choice; but it's popular and they know it will sell, so we would probably get eventually.

The second is more of an opinion. To some it could be useless to them. If you don't like anything in it, you would not use it. Sure collabs had been done in the past and that is nothing new, doesn't mean people are going to find much use with those packs. The biggest difference is that past collabs were more well known and popular brands. How many people knew of Moschino before the collab? How many like and would wear the brand or even be able to afford it? Unless you have a lot of disposable income and know a lot about fashion around the world (which will probably be only a small minority of simmers at most), most probably wouldn't have even heard of them which does make it sort of an odd choice as it doesn't seem to appeal to many people, which why there so much backlash.

While I don't think it fair to hate on EA for this, I do think people have the right to not to buy or like the stuff pack. You can't please everyone.

Personally the pack doesn't appeal to me. The career is not enough to get it or at least not unless there is a huge sale. Not a style I wanted or ever been into (not that expected a pack for my style and tastes as I am a goth. Most of my sims are also based off characters, so I figured I would always need cc for that), so I have no use for it in my game personally. If others like and want it, go for it. We all like and and want different things. Personally I waiting for Realm of Magic and to find out more. I will say that I like that they give us choices and different things. Not everyone is into the same thing. I glad we got options for occult sims as they are fave. Others want more realism while I don't. That's fine as it all about personal taste and more options means having things that everyone can enjoy.
    Post edited by XxAirixX on
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited August 2019
    I hope the “Moschino” branded clothing also comes in plain swatches without the brand on it (like that long lose t-shirt, I like it).

I get that they couldn’t write the brand name in simlish because it’s advertising, the point is to recognize the brand so they need the name on it. But I hope they added plain swatches.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Hestia wrote: »
    Oof. Not a fan of the career locked behind a $10 Stuff Pack. I'll grab it on a discount. :)

What do you mean by locked behind? Should all careers be free?

I don’t agree that a career should be locked behind a Stuff Pack.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    I wasn't sure at first for a lot of the reasons that have already been written about in this thread, but I've got to say I am pleasantly surprised with the fashion content, and those windows!

I'd have bought it anyway, lets be honest, but I'll be getting it on release day rather than a later sale.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The response during the initial announcement should have given a clue to how well this pack would not be recieved. The initial "free Moschino content was not that well recieved if memory serves me. What that did was make many people look at the IRL website of the designer and make their judgement.
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    As it always happens, negative comments started aiming not EA or Maxis, but other people and their choices with all those "how can anyone like ..." and "who in their right mind would buy it..." etc.
    It's getting just rude.
    I don't care if it's Moschino or any other brand, I'm not fashionista, I just see items I like and I buy them because I want to have them in my game - how comes I must justify that and why my mental abilities or taste are questioned because of that?
    Didn't ask for it - don't buy it.
    Don't like it - don't buy it.
    Don't need it - don't buy it.
    It's as simple as that.

• TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited August 2019
    Drago97232 wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of people spreading hate around this pack on twitter and on youtube so I decided to give my opinion concerning the various comments I've seen :
    1. "We asked for University but we got this..."
      Ok stop comparing this SP to University. Please. I want University too like a huge part of the community but repeating after every packs announcement "We don't want this, we want University" is very frustrating and this is a behavior similar to a child's one. Maxis know the anticipation around University. So it is useless to repeat it every time. Aren't you tired ?
      Moreover, SP and EP are not made by the same team, so it's ridiculous to blame them while it is not their job to make EP.
    2. "This SP is useless" "Moschino plum..." "
      Collab packs exist since at least The Sims 2 so why is everyone so surprised ? It was obvious that Sims 4 was going to get one too. This pack doesn't look bad at all but maybe it's not for you and that's alright but it's not a reason to insult the team that worked hard to innovate and give us a new style of content.
      I don't like everything in this pack but I find the new career and some of the new clothes interesting. So I might buy this pack.

Um actually not everything has to be that complicated, I've purchased every pack in the Sims series except Katy Perry Sweet Treats...and now this.

Why, not because of any of the above reasons but because the items in this pack are so ugly. I mean like burn it with fire ugly. Like so ugly.

Yes I know a few people like the items, but they are not in the majority based on youtube comments, or they are just being nice lol.

Not everything has a deep reason filled with hate or anger, sometimes a stuff pack just is bad because is...so very bad.

Regardless though, the real verdict will come in sales. If you showed me this stuff pack or a sandwich, I'd take the sandwich.

I do think though the community might be too focused on packs though, its like everybody is waiting for THE NEXT pack instead of enjoying the game they have. Eventually they will stop releasing packs and then what lol?
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    So if people like something you don't, they're mindless drones, but if people hate the same thing you do, they're perfectly reasonable? Confirmation bias is a thing.

Also, I didn't ask for a fashion pack nor do I particularly love the fashion in this one (though, yes, I do like some of the items in it), but sure, believe that I like every single pack that comes out just because it's brought out. (I don't, but that doesn't suit the narrative you have).

No one person will love every single pack that's out. No pack is going to be loved across the board. But we're getting to the point where people who do like something are called stupid, manipulated, stupid, sometimes even "lying fake accounts" and have their opinion dismissed. People who don't like or have no use for a specific pack attack others who like it (you'll see it if you look on twitter and replies to an announcement). Maybe you believe that any approval will mean that EA/Maxis will *only* bring out packs you don't like. I don't. Every single pack so far has had people who liked it and people who didn't. That's it.

There's a way to show disappointment in the pack and attacking those who aren't disappointed ain't it.

Hear hear !
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    The studio knows they will have a hard time selling this pack. That’s why it’s main appeal is the career, not even the clothes it’s named after.

If this SP flops like the last one, we will never see another one in Sims 4’s lifetime again. They know this, and they want to keep their options open, so they really want to sell this pack although it’s not starting off very well. Comments on this website aside, it’s garnering a lot of dislike which is similar to what happened with MFPS which was a complete and total failure that Maxis refuses to own up to.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2019
    Drago97232 wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of people spreading hate around this pack on twitter and on youtube so I decided to give my opinion concerning the various comments I've seen :
    1. "We asked for University but we got this..."
      Ok stop comparing this SP to University. Please. I want University too like a huge part of the community but repeating after every packs announcement "We don't want this, we want University" is very frustrating and this is a behavior similar to a child's one. Maxis know the anticipation around University. So it is useless to repeat it every time. Aren't you tired ?
      Moreover, SP and EP are not made by the same team, so it's ridiculous to blame them while it is not their job to make EP.
    2. "This SP is useless" "Moschino plum..." "
      Collab packs exist since at least The Sims 2 so why is everyone so surprised ? It was obvious that Sims 4 was going to get one too. This pack doesn't look bad at all but maybe it's not for you and that's alright but it's not a reason to insult the team that worked hard to innovate and give us a new style of content.
      I don't like everything in this pack but I find the new career and some of the new clothes interesting. So I might buy this pack.

I quite agree with you. I'm not particularly interested in University myself and it does seem a bit childish and "I wanna this I don't wanna that" in here lately. :)
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited August 2019
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Oof. Not a fan of the career locked behind a $10 Stuff Pack. I'll grab it on a discount. :)

What do you mean by locked behind? Should all careers be free?

I don’t agree that a career should be locked behind a Stuff Pack.

To me there is little difference between a career in a paid expansion pack, game pack or stuff pack. I find the words 'locked behind a stuff pack' unusual. I am not sure I completely understand what you mean by them. Do you consider for instance the military career to be locked behind a GP or the political career locked behind an EP? Does the type of pack matter? Careers in packs to purchase are not new to the franchise. All sims 4 SP have a little gameplay to make them more appealing, they are not 100% 'stuff'.

Getting them in a free update would be better of course but not every thing can be free. And we already got 3 freelance career in a patch earlier this year so not all careers are tied to a specific pack.

• bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I wonder what the difference between the MS and GTW photo studio will be. I can see that the MS backdrop is an object separate to the camera and it appears to have a mark on the floor that points in the direction of the camera, so it's going to operate somewhat differently. Possibly better, based on the pictures on the walls in the trailer.

It's a shame this skill/career wasn't introduced this way in GTW to begin with, though.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    My biggest disappointment with the pack was just that, after SPs seemed dead for so long, I was hoping they would come back with a Pool Stuff pack [something please help our pools] but instead it's a pack that might make them shy back off SPs again if it doesn't go well.

As for the pack itself I'm torn. A few things I want and a few things I really really don't care for. The career might be a tipping point.
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    I will get it solely for the clothes and hair. Nothing else appeals to me, but I'm happy it will save me time looking for high fashion CC
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Morkovka wrote: »
    Please...please in the future, please STOP putting real people in trailers...please for the love of god PLEASE!
    @KaeChan2089
    Could you please elaborate why it is a problem.
    Quite a few people seem bothered by that, but I fail to understand why.
    (in this very case I think they did it because it's a real life brand)

because , it is OUT of place, The Sims are NOT real people, it is an ESCAPE from real life...

This was... the first time they put real people in a trailer... it isn't that big of a deal, is it?

You've apparently missed a few trailers. When Sims 4 came out, they were really weird because they were ALL real people and a few Sims (who looked nothing like the ones in the game) would pop in and interact (badly).
    Sims trailers for 1-3 were always made showing Sims as they were in the game, and for the most part (I'm thinking of you Sims 2) you could do everything in the trailers. With Sims 2 they even made "music videos" that were the Sims interacting to a new song that was being introduced in the game. The trailers are supposed to advertise the game, not the players or in this case clothing models.

As for the pack... I'm glad some people like it. That's about all I can say.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Yeah but Moschino is a two-way collaboration. We don't just get a Stuff Pack out of it, there's also the real life clothing line.

It's not going to be the new standard for Marketing, more likely it's a one-time thing due to exceptional circumstances.
    The stuff in this stuff pack is ugly.

I can't think of any nicer way to put it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Not the windows.
    edited August 2019

Not the windows.

LOL post the Windows, Cat - I gotta see this
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Not the windows.

Simsvip has the pics from the trailer. I'm at work and am about off my lunch break.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member

Not the windows.

The only thing I might like from this pack.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    edited August 2019

Not the windows.

Simsvip has the pics from the trailer. I'm at work and am about off my lunch break.
    izecson wrote: »

Not the windows.

The only thing I might like from this pack.

This is what y'all are excited about?

Screen-Shot-2019-08-07-at-11-00-06-AM-1.png

Does it let in a breeze? Can you open and close it? I'm not feeling it.

Then again, I play with walls down anyway lol