Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Huahuahahuaha. Well, look what we have here, boys. Everybody, give a warm welcome to Johnny. Haha. What do you say we show Johnny a thing or two about what it's like to die.

Um..?
    Huahuahahuaha. Well, look what we have here, boys. Everybody, give a warm welcome to Johnny. Haha. What do you say we show Johnny a thing or two about what it's like to die.

I'm concerned.

It's just an intro to the song I was listening to. 😂
    https://youtu.be/D349nwD16fQ

It's the second song of a trilogy. The first was this guy called Johnny who made a deal with the devil to live again but then obviously the devil fooled him and still sent him to hell. So this second part, he wants to get revenge. 💁‍♀️😈

i thought you were possessed

Well. 😂😂 I thought it will be fun way to make an entrance to this thread instead of just saying hello like I always do. LOL.

"Fun" as in scaring people :joy:

FUN.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member

Um..?

I'm concerned.

It's the second song of a trilogy. The first was this guy called Johnny who made a deal with the devil to live again but then obviously the devil fooled him and still sent him to hell. So this second part, he wants to get revenge. 💁‍♀️😈

I was waiting for someone to finish the song for some reason 😂
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating

Um..?

I'm concerned.

Yeah, I don't think anyone here would know the song. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif

Um..?

I'm concerned.

Yeah, I don't think anyone here would know the song. 😂

I was ready to stand there like "I didn't get the reference"
    Everywhere i go
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I got a drawing tablet for my birthday and I might show y'all a wip on discord later 👀
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Anyone want a spine, mine's hurting me
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
    Anyone want a spine, mine's hurting me

Bro, same
    Everywhere i go
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member

Um..?

I'm concerned.

Oh... I think you may mentioned this in the past, or something similar maybe.

The story sounds like something Eyelash would listen to, even if the music itself doesn't. He's been listening songs from "The Devil's Carnival"
    unknown.png
    edited August 2019
    Today's Q Q is:
    Your three most recent emojis are your main personality traits.

👌💁‍♀️😁

I guess I'm like an 'okay' and 'whatever' person. And if everything goes south, just grin about it. XD

citysimmer wrote: »
    I got a drawing tablet for my birthday and I might show y'all a wip on discord later 👀

DHSKFJHSDKFSJGFHKSJHWLKJ. I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU.

I read it as 'display tablet' at first and I almost screamed.

Um..?

I'm concerned.

Oh... I think you may mentioned this in the past, or something similar maybe.

The story sounds like something Eyelash would listen to, even if the music itself doesn't. He's been listening songs from "The Devil's Carnival"

Yeah, I think Eyelash will like it. ^^

But the trilogy has a nice metaphor for real life too cuz in the last song, the guy raised an army and defeated the devil. But he became crazy for it and decided to not leave the place; so in the end, he became the devil. 😨
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

👌💁‍♀️😁

I guess I'm like an 'okay' and 'whatever' person. And if everything goes south, just grin about it. XD

citysimmer wrote: »

DHSKFJHSDKFSJGFHKSJHWLKJ. I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU.

I read it as 'display tablet' at first and I almost screamed.

🐀😅😁
    First 2 are accurate
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    edited August 2019
    b0c96229b85541b62104da09089fce7b3866a4bc.jpg

I got 1 and I haven't done math in don't know how many years. How do you even get 16...? XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member

I got 1 and I haven't done math in don't know how many years. How do you even get 16...? XD

You do the bracket first and you get 1... right? I got 1 too :joy:
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
    ChocoCub wrote: »

I read the comments and some people did it like (8/2) x (2+2).
    FwDXXd5.gif

Yeah that’s the only way I can think of to get 16. No wonder why they say they haven’t done maths in 3 years :D
    ._.
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    edited August 2019
    I can't fecking do math. I didn't see where 1 comes from, though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaitsBUyiNQ
    unknown.png
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited August 2019
    Today's Q Q is:

👌💁‍♀️😁

🙃😊😭
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
    I can't fecking do math. I didn't see where 1 comes from, though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaitsBUyiNQ

I took a long time to see 16 here. Cuz over here, if the answer is supposed to be 16, they would have written it as (8÷2)(2+2). With the brackets for both equations. Maybe it would be more obvious if they wrote is as letters like for algebra. So like,

8 ÷ a(x+y) = b

One has write it as 8 = b(ax +ay). Right? So b has to be 1 here for a, x, y to be 2.
    FwDXXd5.gif

Distribution is multiplication, and the order for division vs. Multiplication is whichever comes first (division in this case) so you solve the () while you divide 8 by 2 and you get
    4×4=16
    Everywhere i go
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

👌💁‍♀️😁

😊😥😡

Distribution is multiplication, and the order for division vs. Multiplication is whichever comes first (division in this case) so you solve the () while you divide 8 by 2 and you get
    4×4=16

I agree with Dekay. Obviously you solve for the ones in the bracket and you get 4. Then what you need to do is to multiply it immediately by the 2 right in front of the bracket, which gives you 8. Then you move the way outwards and solve 8 over 8 which gives 1.

Essentially 8/(2(2+2)) and if it’s sixteen it would be 8/2 multiplied by (2+2)
    ._.

4×4=16

I agree with Dekay. Obviously you solve for the ones in the bracket and you get 4. Then what you need to do is to multiply it immediately by the 2 right in front of the bracket, which gives you 8. Then you move the way outwards and solve 8 over 8 which gives 1.

Essentially 8/(2(2+2)) and if it’s sixteen it would be 8/2 multiplied by (2+2)

You solve brackets first, so you can remove them. Tha leaves you with
    8÷2×4
    You need to solve the division first because it comes first, so you get 4×4=16
    Everywhere i go
    edited August 2019

8÷2×4

lol that's why in maths they use "/" to indicate a division so there's no room for ambiguity. Either 8/(2(2+2)) = 1 or (8/2)*(2+2) = 16
    It's the poor formulation with the "÷" that leads to different modes of interpretation. It's the creator of this question begging for trouble 🙃
    ._.
    i wanna contribute something to this thread but i'm not in the mood for anxiety attacks so here have a random screenshot i took that i think looks pretty :joy:
    xbD7M0t.png
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    edited August 2019

8÷2×4

lol that's why in maths they use "/" to indicate a division so there's no room for ambiguity. Either 8/(2(2+2)) = 1 or (8/2)*(2+2) = 16
    It's the poor formulation with the "÷" that leads to different modes of interpretation. It's the creator of this question begging for trouble 🙃

It's not ambiguous though. You need to do the division first either way
    Everywhere i go
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

👌💁‍♀️😁

👀🐶❤

I look at dogs and love them. Accurate.
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top