Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think that there are neighborhoods that have been scrapped for some reason from EPs? (GF, IL)

suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
Hey guys, I was just thinking, do you think some of the worlds had more neighborhoods that were not included in them? Like in GF with Del Sol Valley, a neighborhood by the coast or in IL, an underwater neighborhood? IL made perfect sense to have an underwater neighborhood with the mermaids and the overall theme and even the main render for the pack is mostly underwater when we can't even go there in the first place and the map of Del Sol Valley even has that area near the coast on it but there's nothing. I think so. There's probably some botched neighborhoods like a coast one in Del Sol Valley and a spin on TS3's underwater dive lots somewhere.

What do you guys think?

Do you think that there are neighborhoods that have been scrapped for some reason from EPs? (GF, IL) 70 votes

Yes!
57%
catmom1987bandit5islerouxANNETTE1951IObelleMINEZAngelluludetermig12JEREMIAIvyeyedkamilbrachtladele_katPetarce123jackjack_kMasonGamerSheriSim57Agustín CornejoKeyenpeydeeRebbilinamika 40 votes
No.
42%
auroraael14icmnfrshrudy8292PlayerSinger2010SimburianAnmirlasimgirl1010friendlysimmersDJQ1308drake_mccartyFairyGodMothercatloverplayerPegasystaydevelelunicyBabykittyjadeEmmaVaneSelinaKylesDoloresGreybizuktag 30 votes

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,806 Member
    No.
    I think there may have pre-development discussion of additional neighborhoods but I don't think they actually got as far as designing then scrapping a neighborhood.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes!
    I imagine they were likely scrapped pretty early, but I can't imagine they didn't at least discuss a Santa Monica/Venice Beach style area when first developing Del Sol Valley, before sitting down to figure out where to prioritize their resources and scrap it (likely because they knew they had IL coming and could save the beach stuff for there).
    Post edited by Ivyeyed on
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yes!
    Yeah... I mean, it's not like everything makes it into the game. Otherwise we'd have way more bugs :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    No.
    I think there may have pre-development discussion of additional neighborhoods but I don't think they actually got as far as designing then scrapping a neighborhood.

This.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No.
    Nah they’re not wasting money like that
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Yes!
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Nah they’re not wasting money like that

exactly. early beta screenshots of TS4 shows a world that looks like Windenburg. who knows but perhaps Windeburg could have been part of the base game to begin with.
    y'all got bread?
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No.
    No, I think they were intentionally planned to be as lackluster as they were.
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Yes!
    No, I think they were intentionally planned to be as lackluster as they were.
    LMAO
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes!
    Maybe not whole neighborhoods, but it would not surprise me if they have scrapped lots because of limitations.

Take these three houses in Sulani for example, you get the feeling that they were planned to be actual lots but were probably scrapped during development.

J8E8mHo.png

To be fair though, it is not unusual to scrap things during game development. It happens in many games.
    Post edited by logion on
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited August 2019
    LGR hypothesized that the EP was unfinished or rushed out early. I love the pack, but I agree and wonder if this means that in future stuff or game packs we will see certain elements (like hammocks, beach volleyball or picnics) that ought to have been included in IL cropping up later — as seemed to be the case with the pet clothes and matching C&D kids furniture in My First Pet stuff pack.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yes!
    LGR hypothesized that the EP was unfinished or rushed out early. I love the pack, but I agree and wonder if this means that in future stuff or game packs we will see certain elements (like hammocks, beach volleyball or picnics) that ought to have been included in IL cropping up later — as seemed to be the case with the pet clothes and matching C&D kids furniture in My First Pet stuff pack.

Yes, but that was (for the most part) a one-time occurrence. Yes, they have done similar things in the past (and present, and most definitely future) but it was subtle things, like adding a matching wallpaper in JA to a BG flooring. Nothing that would cause and outrage like MFPS did.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No.
    I'm sure many ideas are tossed around and concept art is made and much planning goes into it before finalising, but no I highly doubt they'd get into actual real production on a neighborhood only to scrap it.
    I'm sure plenty of ideas come up that are scrapped though and possibly revisited later.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited August 2019
    No.
    In Seasons Maxis used some lot free areas to put skating and roller rinks on so they might have some ideas for such things like this on unused ground in the future. Remember they have made wading areas in rivers and parts of the coastlines since the last Patch.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    Yes!
    They may have scrapped some lots that didn’t seem to work out, or neighborhoods that they didn’t have time to finish, or possibly scrapped stuff that they thought might be an overload for a computer. Whatever they scrapped was most likely early. I always wonder if there was supposed to be more than magnolia promenade, and the 3 work places in Get To Work.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    Yes!
    I do wish that they would come out with more worlds the size of Windenburg.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Yes!
    I hope it will happen at some point
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    No.
    It was only meant to hold your interest for a short period of time. So no, I think its made just the way they wanted it to be!
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    No.
    It was only meant to hold your interest for a short period of time. So no, I think its made just the way they wanted it to be!

Unfortunate but true.