Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

please make the sims in sims 4 more alive

is it possible to patch the actual sims in the sims 4, they are pretty boring and nothing exciting ever happens in this game unless its a mod added to make it happen where are the random acts on this game where are the conciqeunces in the game like nothing bad ever happens in sims 4 the game is beautiful, but the sims charactors are just boring is there a way to fix this.. i can play sims 2 and with in 2 hours of game play there has been some real drama and excitement.. EA please can you make the sims more alive and fun sims 4 has basically turned into a virtual doll house only really too perfect not enough drama..

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    is it possible to patch the actual sims in the sims 4, they are pretty boring and nothing exciting ever happens in this game unless its a mod added to make it happen where are the random acts on this game where are the conciqeunces in the game like nothing bad ever happens in sims 4 the game is beautiful, but the sims charactors are just boring is there a way to fix this.. i can play sims 2 and with in 2 hours of game play there has been some real drama and excitement.. EA please can you make the sims more alive and fun sims 4 has basically turned into a virtual doll house only really too perfect not enough drama..
    I have to agree Sims 2 has more drama without you using a mod to make things happen.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    I have wanted nothing more than better Sims since day 1 of Sims 4, yet here we are. So I don’t think they are overly concerned with how the sims are now. They haven’t done anything to make them better in all the time the game has been out.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Well, I don't think its a virtual dollhouse....it's a bug-infested house. Might be able to create drama if you add an exterminator?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @PrincipleOfEntropy
    The Sims 4 tries so hard not to interrupt the player and in that fashion it stops being a life simulator. In real life things interrupt people all the time, we all have plans and dreams but often things and drama come up to muddle that all up. The Sims 4 doesn't reflect that at all.
    Well said.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I enjoy the game as it is, honestly. Real life has plenty of drama for me. But then again, I don't like soap operas or reality shows either.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @PrincipleOfEntropy
    The Sims 4 tries so hard not to interrupt the player and in that fashion it stops being a life simulator. In real life things interrupt people all the time, we all have plans and dreams but often things and drama come up to muddle that all up. The Sims 4 doesn't reflect that at all.
    Well said.

i agree with this.. to me sims 4 should be a rating for younger players not teen and over.. have they forgot that a ton of players started with the sims 1 in 2000 and most of us are adults and we need some challenges and some true detail in game play or else i have to retire to just the sims 2 and hope that i can continue to play it for many more years to come..
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I enjoy the game as it is, honestly. Real life has plenty of drama for me. But then again, I don't like soap operas or reality shows either.
    There lies a world between absolutely nothing and drama/soap. That world you can find in Sims 1, 2 and 3.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    I have wanted nothing more than better Sims since day 1 of Sims 4, yet here we are. So I don’t think they are overly concerned with how the sims are now. They haven’t done anything to make them better in all the time the game has been out.

they advertised better weirder more lively sims from the start but never delivered i wish that i could place sims 2 sims into the sims 4
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited August 2019
    I always found it funny in Sims 2 if you cheated on other sims they would find out if they happened to just randomly visit or be on the same lot.

they advertised better weirder more lively sims from the start but never delivered i wish that i could place sims 2 sims into the sims 4

I have had weird things happen in the Sims 4 but it might have been because of a mod. But my sims brother and his wife came over and the brother was flirting with his brothers wife. It turned disastrous. :joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member

My Sims die easier and I need to be a lot more careful with my decisions in The Sims 2. It's quite great. The random events, the burglars, repo men, "furious" at Sim, etc...
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

I was very disappointed in the Sims we actually got. Still am. They do not resemble the Sims we were told we would be getting at all. I don’t know how the developers spent over a year talking the same points when all it took was opening the game to figure out that none of that was true.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Fully agree with all the laments and the reasons for them. TS2 sims, and game play in general, are much better and more meaningful. It is possible to actually care about your sims and what happens to them. My suspicion is that the T rating is from the presence of possible romantic activity up to and including reproductive acts, the considerable amount of CAS material that leaves female sims highly exposed, the option for sims to be in 'natural' state even outside the home. EA, like polilticians, is very good at lying - promising anything to get votes/dollars but delivering much less. Alas for us, far too many of the target audience are keeping them going to the degree that even if all of us who are unhappy stopped buying en bloc there would be little impact on EA's bottom line.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited August 2019

#DramaAndDanger
    (even though the hashtag system seems defunct now :P)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916817/dangerous-stuff-concept-as-a-game-pack-update-get-infamous/p1

I hear ya and I want consequences too.

I wish I had the pictures, but the funniest thing ever that I had experienced in the Sims is when I play five sims through The Sims 2 University and four of them had hooked up into couples. But two of them I had been flirting with the other sims outside there relationship trough all four years of University. I decided to let them have a fling on the final day of Uni.

After graduating, I moved them all together in a temporary household, so they could get their careers started.
    Out on the curb, the first thing the two cheaters do is kiss in front of their partners. The ensuing slap-fest was hysterical, especially for the fifth wheel guy who looked on them in utter shock. And it wasn't that silly playful slap we get in The Sims 4. These sims were angry. And it didn't simply disappear as it never happened. They had to work through it and get their relationships back on track.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2019
    The earlier games like 1 and 2 had more drama because Will Wright believed that failure states were more interesting than everyone just being cheerful all the time, and if anything for me The Sims 4 proves him 100% correct.

In the original Sims game fires were devastating, if you managed them poorly there's a chance they would spread massively, they could literally grow from one tile to seven or eight in an instant. The reason for them being so disastrous was because Will lost his own home to a fire.

There were even different failure states for different age groups. Teen Sims in 2 would run away if they became very upset for several days, for instance. If they had low aspiration bars they would start misbehaving more as well.

Run-Away.png

I agree as the Sims was supposed to be initially an way to escape RL and more of an parody. However, for me Sims 4 needs something else other than RL situations. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • babsjeanbabsjean Posts: 5 New Member
    I really want to love sims 4 as much as sims 2 because sims 4 is so nice to look at and has so much content and calendars and awesome add ons but...... My sims in sim 4 are so lifeless. Like robots or walking dead. I can play a family in sims 2 for 10 minutes and be totally invested in all of them. I have some sims 4 families and singles that I've been playing for hours and hours and I just don't care about them. I wish I could put my finger on what is missing.
  • LexiBaiLexiBai Posts: 29 Member
    sims 4 gameplay, in general, will never measure up to previous sims games, S4 was created for kids and pre-teens to play, not for the loyal dedicated fan base of sims players who've been playing since the early 2000s
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    edited August 2019
    I think that You do not see the difference between "nice game" and "nice game with consequences", forgive me. I think that no one here wants "hellfire and burn whole house in seconds"...

The problem is, that this game is really toxic... Yes, right now it is wrong, when bad decisions bring no consequences. The Sims chaeats - no reaction really, the Sim bring home other Sim baby - nothing, the Sim is mean for another - no problem really. It is boring and, for worse, what a lesson for younger players? This is a family picture? :(
    I repeat myself - I do not recommend teen kids TS4 for sure.

When You play The Sims in a happy, ethic style - it's ok, You don't have dramas and this is fair.
    But when You start play in no ethical way - this is Your decision and You must fell the consequences, instead this game no make sense for me. And, ethically, it's wrong! :(
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    Completely agree that this game is toxic, and definitely not for kids/teens- or some adults. This goes beyond no consequences for cheating (destroying/breaking the trust of a partner). The whole toxic idea that things like fires/killing sims is "funny" is reflective of some serious unhealthy mentality. I have had rl experience with someone who had 75% of their body burned in an accident and I watched that person lose his vitality, life, happiness, ability to work (or even care for himself), as well as watching him suffer for almost a full year in the burn ward- where he endured torturous pain (which sedation would barely help), as well as numerous (painful) skin grafts, risk of infection, and baths where the nurses literally scrubbed his burnt skin from him (to let the fluid leak). To him (the now deceased burn victim), and many others who have endured rl trauma, people (making the game, or playing it) finding 'burning sims to death' for "entertainment" is disgusting and insulting.

People should really think about things like that. The same goes for the "funny random assaults" in Windenburg (which was added intentionally- for "amusement").
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    SimChi wrote: »
    Completely agree that this game is toxic, and definitely not for kids/teens- or some adults. This goes beyond no consequences for cheating (destroying/breaking the trust of a partner). The whole toxic idea that things like fires/killing sims is "funny" is reflective of some serious unhealthy mentality. I have had rl experience with someone who had 75% of their body burned in an accident and I watched that person lose his vitality, life, happiness, ability to work (or even care for himself), as well as watching him suffer for almost a full year in the burn ward- where he endured torturous pain (which sedation would barely help), as well as numerous (painful) skin grafts, risk of infection, and baths where the nurses literally scrubbed his burnt skin from him (to let the fluid leak). To him (the now deceased burn victim), and many others who have endured rl trauma, people (making the game, or playing it) finding 'burning sims to death' for "entertainment" is disgusting and insulting.

People should really think about things like that. The same goes for the "funny random assaults" in Windenburg (which was added intentionally- for "amusement").

I'm very sorry for Your friend. I think that many of us have traumatic, bad experiences. :(

But games are full of tragedies and brutality. I'm a private teacher of Polish language and literature and most of my students (every age) playing in brutal games and the parents do not know about that (each, most of them do know really, but they do not reacting)...

The Sims is a funny, cartoonish game - always was. Maybe the deaths of Sims were not very funny, but most of their "adventures" were more like "Tom&Jerry style violence, like hit him with this huge hammer from Your pocket". This is not the problem, I think.

Ech, I have problem with English language... I think, that the major reason for Ts4 "emptiness" is the situation, when the game starts be more "alive". There is no problem for parents to see their children watch brutal cartoon (it's only a cartoon, no problem), but when the kids starts to watch movies, for example soup operas with "adult dramas" like complicated romances, cheats, divorces et cetera, the parents think, that this is not good for the kids. Maybe this is a reason, why EA do not want to make "deeper" life simulation, cancel some older solutions and cut the relationships between Sims to minimum.
    But for me this is a dead end for this game and only brings more damages. Because still we have life simulation, still we can cheats but without consequences of ours decisions the results are even worse - for younger ones and for us, adult players, who wants to play with life in our own way and do not die from boredom.
    To feel happiness You must feel some pain too to see the real difference, BTW. ;)
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    It's crazy we have to ask this for a game that's not only called, "The Sims," but also an iteration that has claimed to be all about them.

IMHO, if one of the base game highlights is "Smarter Sims" and whatnot, each pack should try to expand the AI and personality of Sims in some regard. Yet, they're selling packs that are essentially focused entirely on the world around our Sims, when this is a closed world setup, and that's all set dressing.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    sorry but i have to disagree with what is said in this post i prefer a drama free sims game and love that the sims4 is drama free i prefer also to see sims that are happy making friends also but thats how i am as a player
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited August 2019

I despise reality TV shows. I haven't watched a soap opera in twenty years because it is just same drama with the same people unless it is a telenovela then we are talking about something different...lol

Anyway, making the sims more alive doesn't always have to be about drama. Good Sims should never want to be around evil sims. An evil sim should not even be able to talk to them without getting a negative reaction and vice versa. An attraction system would be nice. I feel like I can marry any sims with any other sim even if they have conflicting traits. It should be much harder for those sims to get along not to mention fall in love.

In sims 2, Sims could be attracted to each other on the physical level such as like each other's hair color and skill level but when they speak they could have different interest level and talking would decrease the relationship. The sims in Sims 4 are very one note and everything happens based on 9 emotions that all the sims have no matter what the trait.
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    Exactly there is alot of set dressing and a lack in interaction towards the sims and their world. The sims feel hollow to me, alot of the objects in the packs have no interaction. For example in the laundry day stuff pack I would love to grab things off the walls like actually grab the detergent and use it or grab the ironing board and use it or at least even use the iron.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top