Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 or 4 building a high rancher house

I'm trying to recreate my childhood home and I'm stump by my house's stairs. They are a u shaped stair with a land in between floors that connects to a door outside. I know it requires some cheats to create u shaped stairs in sims 3 but the tutorial I found said that it can't connect to any walls.

here's a link to a tumblr post of the scanned image for the blueprint. https://knit4therapy.tumblr.com/post/186162183654/blue-print-for-a-sims-¾-house-im-trying-to-make

Is it possible or am I wasting my time?

Comments

• RosemaryStarRosemaryStar Posts: 43 Member
    Started fiddling around with Sims 4. Using the current tutorial on split level houses, I can make the house all but for two doors that belong on the lower level of the house. I left one of the doors off on the blueprint, it's supposed to be in the left diagram at the top on the room not connected to the room with the door symbol. Anybody know how to add doors to foundation?
    Never mind. Found a better split level tutorial.
    Solve the problem of adding doors to lower levels but the new way means I can't add a second level to the split level...back to hunting for info.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited July 2019
    I was able to build your house, but you might not like this way either. It has the sloped foundation on the outside, which you can hide with scrubs, plants, fencing etc. And, of course you must leave the area around the stairs without walls.

Here's pics:
    screenshot-103-1-e1562953250131.jpg

With more pics here:
    http://cianesims.home.blog/builds/star

So, let me know if this method might work for you or not. It's just whether you can live with the sloped foundation and the open space around the stairs.
    Post edited by ciane on
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't use tutorials, I kind of just play with it until I get it to do what I want. I wasn't sure how much of the lower level was above ground or under ground. I don't really take alot of pics of the landing or u stairs but I have a couple you could look at and see if one of them resembles what you are trying to do with your home. I don't really have alot of time to be in sims right now so maybe just being able to see what I did would help.

When you are doing sloped walls for the split you need to have all levels of your walls there before you start. I usually add an extra level just in case because you can get rid of it but you can't draw another wall on top of an already sloped wall. I've also used fences in place of a wall if I needed.

roof_up_original.jpg
    Download: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9208605
    Media: https://photos.app.goo.gl/wN3B70O5n0ngkZ0h1

roof_up_original.jpg
    Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9053006
    Post edited by romagi1 on
    edited July 2019
    The first floor of the house on the right side is built into a hill. At the halfway point between floors one and two the front entrance connects to a landing. From that land you can take the stair up to the second floor or down to the first floor. The stairs are u shaped. There is a closet that was under the stairs leading to the second floor.

Edit: I didn't notice your post @ciane until after I scrolled up past @romagi1. Honestly, I mostly will have to make compromise to make my childhood home. Your post looks pretty close to what it looks like minus the windows and placement of doors, but how can you mark windows on a blueprint? I look forward to the tutorial on how to make the stairs on a sloped foundation. I have heard it mention and haven't had the chance to search for tutorials.
    I was just playing with the shell to see if it would do what you needed. Then, I wasn't trying to recreate your childhood home, but just filling it in and decorating.

When I made the shell I automatically centered the stairs, which doesn't line up with your sketch. I did, however count the squares and built the foundation around the total square footage needed.

Now that I know that you can live with MOOing in vegetation to hide the foundation the way I built it, I'll throw some pics together in a tutorial.
    I've been busy with work but hopefully will be able to get the today or tomorrow to follow the tutorial depending of how soon I can get my chores done my two days off. Thank you so much.
    @ciane I followed the tutorial and was able to complete it. I changed the layout on the inside a bit. Thank you for your help. I'll post pictures and make a lot with just the base to upload to my studio later. Also, I discovered I can delete the foundation up to the front door and replace with walls, no need to have bushes around the entire house. Instead put two trees on either side of the front doors.
    Awesome! Glad the tutorial helped you.